Start by marking “The Lilac Hour” as Want to Read:
The Lilac Hour

The Lilac Hour

he Lilac Hour: Three Stories. Three generations of women. Three loves meant to last forever.

The Lilac Hour: Sara has been widowed longer than she was married. Now in her eighties, she discovers that anything is possible in the lilac hour.

Love Letters: Maggie rediscovers the letters that her husband Jake wrote long ago. Can she rekindle the passion that was once theirs?

The
Published July 16th 2013 by Turquoise Morning Press

To ask other readers questions about The Lilac Hour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lilac Hour

Start your review of The Lilac Hour
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

“The Lilac Hour” is three stories in one, following three generations of women. Each story is charming and unique and Carbone does a fabulous job with the “voice” of each character, making them come to life.

Read full review in the October 2013 issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Ute Carbone
Jul 17, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I got the idea for the first, title, story while running a writing retreat in Maine. There are, after all, few things more beautiful or inspiring than the ocean in the hour just before sunset. The first story, about a woman in her eighties, led me to think her daughter and granddaughter had stories to tell as well. And so I wrote Love Letters and The Road Not Taken and made the three into this short story trilogy.
It's a quick read, perfect, in my humble opinion, for a quiet afternoon. I hope yo
Rayne Golay
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Three short stories. Three women. Three destinies. Ute Carbone's descriptions are wonderfully evocative. Her use of scents to set the atmosphere is great, made me smell and see, feel and remember lilacs in bloom when I was a young girl. My only regret is that the stories were so short.
A lovely read.
Nov 06, 2017
Scott Clark
Jul 03, 2017
Happily Ever Afte...: And last but not least 5 18 Jul 24, 2013 08:46AM
Award winning author Ute Carbone pronounces her first name Oohtah, but doesn't spell it that way. She lives with her husband in Southern NH, where she spends her days drinking coffee, eating chocolate, walking in the woods, and dreaming up stories.

There's been a long list of things I've wanted to be. Some of them were fanciful- ballerina, trapeze artist, world class ski racer. Some more serious-d