Start by marking “Twisted Whiskers: Solving Your Cat's Behavior Problems” as Want to Read:
Twisted Whiskers: Solving Your Cat's Behavior Problems

Twisted Whiskers: Solving Your Cat's Behavior Problems

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  95 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Do you feel you’ll never understand why your sweet little kitten sometimes turns into the cat from hell? TWISTED WHISKERS helps owners understand the reason behind the behavior and how to correct it permanently using step-by-step behavior modification techniques. This book will help cat owners regain the loving relationship they’ve always wanted with their cat. For new cat ...more
Published October 1st 1994 by Crossing Press

To ask other readers questions about Twisted Whiskers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twisted Whiskers

Maggi
Feb 26, 2007 rated it it was ok
Didn't help much. Beatrice still bites the shit out of me.
Lana
Jan 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
There were a couple of interesting things to learn from this. Such as why it is that your cat will be sitting in your lap, enjoying getting pet, then suddenly jumps up out of nowhere for no reason. But I really don't think cats need herbal remedies or prescription drugs to help with their behavior problems. I think anyone that is giving their cat valium should have their cat taken away from them and should also receive mental help.
Kricket
Dec 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, kitties, 2013
i chose this one from the library mainly because of the hilarious title. it didn't really address my cat's issue (food obsession/ bulimia?) head-on, but i liked what it said about play therapy and putting catnip toys away between uses to preserve the potency. my plan is to play with my cat until she is too exhausted to bother me for food. wish me luck.
Rachel
May 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent cat behavior book that every feline owner should have on their home book shelf.
It is my go-to resource for all my cat questions and remedies.
Even the toy recommendations are the best I have found: Da Bird in particular far surpasses any other feather toy I have used.
Malissa
Sep 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-big-kids
A good basic cat behavior book. I brought it home from the library after bring an abandoned cat home from the same place! It had some good advice that has helped me to make a stray into a house pet and help him adjust and gave me some good insights into how cats tick in general.
Jen
Aug 04, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommended to Jen by: Sia
Shelves: nonfic
This is very informative, especially if your cat scratches your eyelid. Don't ask :)

I think a lot of folks think of cats as work-free pets, but they really need regular, loving attention. This book helps explain some reasons why a kitty might be behaving badly.
Mark
Jan 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Everything I ever wanted to know about cats but was afraid to ask
Cheney
Apr 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Cat owners
Great information on the behaviors of your companion, getting to know what he is trying to communicate to you and great info on keeping him healthy.
Annieg
Mar 19, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: anyone with cats
Another interesting book on cats. This one has some info on nutrition but also has a lot of behavioral information. This book is quick & easy to read.
Cassandra
Nov 04, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Not too much new information from Johnson's other books but it was an interesting and easy read. I'm going to research further into the use of Bach Flower Remedies.
Cathi
Aug 19, 2007 rated it liked it
I dont agree with all the theories in this book...but it was definately worth reading. I still say, if you have a cat you should be reading all of these cat behavior books.
Mikel
Oct 12, 2017
Diane
Dec 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name. See other authors with similar names.
More about Pam Johnson...
“Cats are true carnivores. While you may choose a vegetarian lifestyle, don't assume it's healthier for your cat also. Cats aren't able to convert beta-carotene into vitamin A the way we can. They must get vitamin A from animal tissue (called preformed A). Cats are also unable to convert linoleic acid (an essential fatty acid) to arachidonic acid the way dogs can so they must get preformed arachidonic acid from its only source—animal tissue.” 4 likes