Start by marking “The Duck Commander Devotional” as Want to Read:
The Duck Commander Devotional

The Duck Commander Devotional

4.47  ·  Rating Details  ·  434 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
With the Robertson clan’s flair for down-home wisdom and wit, this special edition pink 365-day devotional reveals the heart and faith of this much-loved family from the A&E® hit show Duck Dynasty®.

Loyal fans of the Duck Dynasty family will relish this collection of inspirational messages for each day of the year. From patriarch Phil and mat
Leather Bound, 400 pages
Published April 1st 2014 by Howard Books (first published October 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Duck Commander Devotional, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Duck Commander Devotional

Amy Holcomb
Nov 27, 2013 Amy Holcomb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are familiar with the Robertson family through the show Duck Dynasty, then this is the devotional for you! It is simple, and can be a great devotional for every walk of life (whether you are just searching/curious about Christianity, a new Christian, or someone who has been a Christian for years). It starts off each day with a verse, and then one of the members of the family either gives a testimony about how that verse played out in a particular instance in their life, or they explain th ...more
Khamneithang Vaiphei
Nov 24, 2013 Khamneithang Vaiphei rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
The Duck Commander Devotional by Alan Robertson is one of the finest devotionals I have seen. Rich in content and elaborately designed to have a pleasing look with a short inspiring message supplemented by a passage from the Scripture, and a prayer, this unique devotional comes from the stars of Duck Dynasty, although the compiler Alan Robertson is the only one who isn't on the Duck Dynasty show yet.

A perfect gift for all occasions, this 365-day devotional published by Howard Books (October, 201
Christen Young
Dec 31, 2015 Christen Young rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My family loved doing this devotional together. There is one for every day of the year and my kids would take turns reading it to the family. I did notice some slight editing flaws, but overall it was great. I would recommend it to any family.
Brindi
this was excellent. a perfect daily devotional from various members of the Robertson clan. i thoroughly enjoyed this one and so happy with my purchase.
Marie
Dec 31, 2013 Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars, nonfic, christian
This is totally not an un-biased review. This is probably my fifth or sixth Robertson book and I've loved them all. I'm also a huge Duck Dynasty fan. So I pretty much knew I'd like the devotional before I even started it. :)

The Duck Commander Devotional lived up to and surpassed my already high expectations. I just love that this whole family is willing to live their faith out loud, and yet they never feel "preachy." The Robertsons just continually point to God in every action. They are definite
Macyfoust
Oct 28, 2015 Macyfoust rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a great, understandable devotional book. Everyday (365 days) there is a different devotion. Each day teaches you a new powerful verse from the bible and gives a understandable reason and summary. Each day a different person from Duck Dynasty will do the summary and the summary of the verse relates to a real life situation.
I absolutely hate to red, but this was a book i connected with. I did not read just one devotion a day. I read the whole book in about two months. This book was v
Angieleigh
My husband picked this up for me just before Thanksgiving, knowing how much I love the Lord, the Robertson family, and the color pink.

Pink camo is definitely growing on me.

Each day of this unique devotional begins with a Scripture, has a short snippet of why it's important to that particular Robertson family member, and then a prayer written by *fill in the blank*.

I should add that while almost all of the daily devotionals are written by a Robertson family member, there are days where you read
Sharon Chance
Nov 24, 2013 Sharon Chance rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I was so impressed with this devotional book. Set up to be a once-a-day reading companion, there are contributions here from the oldest of the Duck Dynasty clan to some of the youngest, and each one of them are enjoyable and inspirational.

My favorites have to be from Miss Kay - she is so down-to-earth and clearly loves her family so much. It's a delight to read her words of faith. And, of course, the ones from "Uncle" Si are hilarious, but also contain a good message within the humor.

The Rob
Mel
Dec 31, 2015 Mel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This daily devotional format has the date, a title, the scripture, a small section of life experience or thoughts in reference to the verses, followed by prayer and who submitted it.
Two things: I would have preferred an option to buy this book in KJV only and would have liked it to be more in depth; more meat so to speak.
It may be good for a new Christian, but I found it lacking. Especially following Daily Truth for Godly Youth: For Teens and Adults which I bought at an Amish store, but can be
Dan Rugg
Mar 24, 2014 Dan Rugg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book from the moment that I picked it up, gods wisdom mixed with the most inspiring and influencing families the Robertsons. I found this book very easy to use and even got the whole family involved even my 5 yr old girl, my family just can't wait to see what the devotional for the day is going to be. When you combine this with Robertsons family stories it makes for a tremendous guide. I give this book 5 stars and would recommend to anyone at any age trying to get in touch with thei ...more
Vicki
Dec 20, 2013 Vicki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven’t listened to the entire audio book but I plan on using this as a daily Devotional for the year 2014. Each day of the year has it’s own Bible verse, a reflection of the verse, and a prayer. Each devotional is very inspirational and most likely you’ll carry it with you throughout the day. The whole DD group was involved in the devotional, so you get a variety of perspectives. This would be good to read/listen to on a daily basis for years to come. It would make a great gift for anyone, in ...more
Brenda
Dec 13, 2014 Brenda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the best and most meaningful devotionals I have ever used! So often the readings in other devotionals are not applicable to our busy, everyday lives, but this one was a valuable lesson and thought every day of the year! I want one with new devotions for this year! Is there another one coming out? Thank you for the concise and thoughtful lessons everyday.
Josh Vassallo
Dec 29, 2014 Josh Vassallo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great devotional

This is the first time I've used a daily devotional and I really enjoyed it. There's a little story and a prayer for beach verse that's uniquely styled to each family member. I really enjoyed the entries from Jase and Si the most. I also appreciated the kids' entries as well; it was just neat to read what they had to say.
Sydney
May 21, 2014 Sydney rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was an okay devotional. I think I would have enjoyed it more if it were the only one I was using. but the constant comparisons to what else I was learning each day weren't helpful. I might give this another shot at another time, but it probably won't be one I return to with any regularity.
Chelsea
I did read this like a book, instead of a daily devotional. I did like how it had all of the different people's personality in each day's devotion. I only did not like that some days the devotions were so personal that I could not relate. It was a different kind of devotional.
Mary Kate
Mar 12, 2016 Mary Kate marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faith
My husband and I read these together and it was a wonderful
Nolan6619
Jun 02, 2015 Nolan6619 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read two other books from the series thing it's not so much of a series, but it's more of a series that tell their story of how they got to where they are overall I would give this book a rating of 4 stars because I love the show and the books and i would read again.
Vessel Light
Oct 02, 2014 Vessel Light rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: devotionals, home
This is a fun devotional, with wonderful humor , as well as serious thoughtful moments. A definite must read. The book gives the reader real insight about the Duck Commander business and family. Business owners, individuals and families alike, will enjoy this book.
John
Dec 31, 2014 John rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the good thing with devotionals is you don't have to read them once. You can start over again and continue to recieve guuidence, just like the Bible. I won't put this on the shelf and forget it, I will continue to seek guidence from it for years to come.
Annie
Jun 21, 2014 Annie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are some great nuggets of truth in this devotional. I particularly enjoyed reading what Martin and Godwin wrote. Godwin's usually portrayed as comic relief but he had some profound things to say. I appreciated everyone's contribution.
Catherine
Jan 01, 2015 Catherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this devotional. Robertsons are my kinda people so I wasn't disappointed to sit in on their values, prayers and thoughts. I enjoyed the introductory bios of the contributors as well as their messages.
Desirae
It is nor ment to be read in a three day period. Make sure you take it day by day. I flew threw it and really liked some of the verses! My favorite part of book is the summary they give on the verse.
Emily
Jan 01, 2015 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: devotional
I thought that this was a really great devotional. Each day the thoughts are very concise so it doesn't take very long to read. Each page is written by a different person from the family.
Steve-betsy Pollock
Fun and Hopeful

Enjoyed spending a devotional year with the Robertson Family. Good way to keep it real. If you like their TV show, check this out.
Brittany Perry
Mar 05, 2015 Brittany Perry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This si a great gift I am just not sure that I loved the formatting. The organization was just not for me but the content was amazing.
Amy Newton
Dec 31, 2014 Amy Newton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GREAT!!

Loved it! Very applicable to every day life. Great read and easy to get through. Each day verse and day is short.
Casandra
Dec 31, 2014 Casandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! It gave me that little boost of "Hey God loves you" that I needed everyday. So thankful that I read this book.
Roxanne
Aug 17, 2015 Roxanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a devotion book with a cute slant. The guys on Duck Dynasty have written this and I just love it.
Jeremy Herrera
Dec 31, 2014 Jeremy Herrera rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great devotionals with lots of meaningful personal accounts from the Robertson family and friends.
Patti
Jan 01, 2015 Patti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
I loved this book of devotionals from the Duck Commander family.
  • Miss Kay's Duck Commander Kitchen: Faith, Family, and Food--Bringing Our Home to Your Table
  • Devotions for a Healthier You
  • The Conscious Cleanse
  • Good Call: Reflections on Faith, Family, and Fowl
  • The Power of a Praying Wife Devotional: Fresh Insights for You and Your Marriage
  • Made to Crave Devotional: 60 Days to Craving God, Not Food
  • Women Living Well: Find Your Joy in God, Your Man, Your Kids, and Your Home
  • unPHILtered: The Way I See It
  • The Ultimate Guide to the Daniel Fast
  • Whispers of Hope
  • God Will Carry You Through
  • Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing
  • Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life: Unleash the Healing Power of Fresh Juices and Cleansing Diets
  • The Gutter: Where Life Is Meant to Be Lived
  • Everyday Confetti: Your Year-Round Guide to Celebrating Holidays and Special Occasions
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • Get Your Own Damn Beer, I'm Watching the Game!: A Woman's Guide to Loving Pro Football
  • Leadership by the Book: Tools to Transform Your Workplace
Alan Robertson is the oldest son of The Duck Commander. He grew up hunting and fishing and helped build the foundation of the family business in the ’70s and ’80s. Back in the day, he and Phil would travel around Louisiana and Arkansas selling duck calls to stores right out of their truck. The sales pitch back then was the same as it is today: “These calls are the best ’cause they sound just like ...more
More about Al Robertson...

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. —PROVERBS 3:5–6” 2 likes
“When we choose things that are evil and stupid, then we pay the cost of lost opportunities to do something good—something wise and unselfish.” 2 likes