Start by marking “Not Knowing: The Art of Turning Uncertainty into Opportunity” as Want to Read:
Not Knowing: The Art of Turning Uncertainty into Opportunity

Read Excerpt

Not Knowing: The Art of Turning Uncertainty into Opportunity

In order to thrive in uncertain times, this fascinating book proposes we head, uncomfortably, towards the unknown, rather than away from it. By developing a unique relationship with Not Knowing we discover a new way of living, working and succeeding in our modern world.

This book re-frames the concept of Not Knowing, from being in a fearful place of weakness and ignorance,
Published May 13th 2014 by LID Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Not Knowing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Knowing

Start your review of Not Knowing: The Art of Turning Uncertainty into Opportunity
Pheng Heong Tan
I have written a blog post on this book. The link to the post is as below. Please pardon my grammar and English in my writing; I am learning to write.

I borrowed this book from a library in Singapore.
Álvaro Acosta González
Very good book with professional examples about how to deal with the unknown, also valid for the day by day. I missed a bit more of conections beetween stories, that´s the reason why under my 4 star.
Excelent book
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excelente libro aprendí mucho
Kim
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The next one by the authors - NOT DOING - is great too.
João Paulo
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Good "table book", not very well structured and i can't shake the feeling that it could've been a long and well written magazine article. Some examples are good, but most "life stories" are too cliché and repetitive in the end. ...more
Maasa
A nice book to know how to face the uncertain and difficult problem we might (surely) have in daily life, work, relationship, and anything. I can understand the idea that we tend to rely too much on our knowledge and not having much effort to see the real situation.

What I liked most about this book is about a half of this book is made from interesting examples. So many real stories and examples of people who got through the difficult situations without relying on their knowledge was such a good
Andy Lopata
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A fascinating book. Common wisdom states that knowledge is king but perhaps there are times when knowledge hampers us. It leads us to think we know the right approaches, spurn creativity and fail to respond in the most effective way to the challenges in our path.

De Souza and Renner explore the benefits of not knowing comprehensively, using a range of case studies from across the world and by people from different backgrounds to make their case.

Bhargav Ramesh
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is simply the best book I have ever read. A fool thinks he is wise but a wise person thinks he is a fool. This book will help you embrace uncertainty into biggest opportunities, breaking boundaries to achieving the impossible. This books helps build wisdom and yet retain exploratory mindset.
Anna Epishcheva
structure of this book is non existing, they collected (not even linked) examples of fearless thinking out of box, may be used as a good table book.
John
Jul 30, 2013 marked it as to-read
To be published 2014
Frédérique
May 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Very interesting topic but the structure was all over the place.
Jorė
Oct 11, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Not Doing: The Art of Turning Struggle into Ease
  • Everything is F*cked: A Book About Hope
  • How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence
  • The Book of Lost Things
  • Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential
  • Post-Truth
  • Beni Ödülle Cezalandırma
  • The 1% Rule: How to Fall in Love with the Process and Achieve Your Wildest Dreams
  • Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap... and Others Don't
  • Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products
  • Mahur Beste
  • The Wisdom of Psychopaths: What Saints, Spies, and Serial Killers Can Teach Us About Success
  • ¡Sálvese quien pueda!: El futuro del trabajo en la era de la automatización
  • The Drunkard's Walk: How Randomness Rules Our Lives
  • Una Mujer Sin Importancia
  • 1984
  • Inside Divergent: The Initiate's World
  • La sombra del viento de Carlos Ruiz Zafón (Guía de lectura): Resumen y análisis completo
Diana is Director of Not Knowing Lab, an international consulting practice focused on building the capability of organizations and individuals to successfully navigate uncertainty and complexity. She consults to senior executives in a range of commercial, government and community organizations around the world.

She is co-author of ‘Not Knowing: the art of turning uncertainty into opportunity’, with

News & Interviews