Start by marking “Saving Quinton (Nova, #2)” as Want to Read:
Saving Quinton (Nova, #2)

Saving Quinton (Nova #2)

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  5,906 Ratings  ·  685 Reviews
Nova Reed can't forget him-Quinton Carter, the boy with the honey-brown eyes who made her realize she deserved more than an empty life. His pain was so similar to her own. But Nova has been coming to terms with her past and healing, while Quinton is out there somewhere, sinking deeper. She's determined to find him and help him . . . before it's too late.

Nova has haunted h
Published February 4th 2014 by Grand Central Publishing (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Saving Quinton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Quinton

Captivated by You by Sylvia DayBeautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuireThe King by J.R. WardCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareRush Too Far by Abbi Glines
Most anticipated books of 2014
126th out of 2,203 books — 9,870 voters
Maybe Someday by Colleen HooverArcher's Voice by Mia SheridanBreakable by Tammara WebberTwisted by Emma ChaseBe with Me by J. Lynn
2014 Romantic Releases (Jan-May)
35th out of 706 books — 2,663 voters

More lists with this book...

Kat Stark
Feb 29, 2016 Kat Stark rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult, reviewed

First Book: Breaking Nova

Third Book: Nova and Quinton: No Regrets

Fuck me, I am torn between love and hate on this one. I love the fact that the characters were pretty realistic. I hate the fact that there are actual characters or people like this at all. Whine, whine...

This sequel was way too emo for me. I'm horrible-no-one-likes-me-poor-me-I'm-gonna-destroy-myself emo-ness that just emanates from every fucking corner of this book. I can't believe I ever went through that stupid shitbat phase.
Christy
5 I want to save you stars!

photo 18cc16c1-f620-48a4-a4c9-05743b7c6231_zps65744681.jpg

It’s been almost a a year. A year since Nova Reed has seen Quinton Carter. Nova has spent the last year healing. Getting her life back on track. She’s doing the best she can in school, with her family and friends. No matter how good she’s doing, she can’t forget about him. Quinton. The boy who made her feel again. She knows from a few phone calls, Quinton has spiraled even further out of control. Nova can’t do nothing. She makes it her mission. To help him. To save hi
Ilze
Feb 04, 2014 Ilze rated it it was amazing
Holly shit, I just finished reading Breaking Nova and I need the sequel NOW.

FEBRUARY 4TH!!!!???????????

description

THAT MEANS 151 DAYS FROM TODAY!!!

description

It really isn't fair that author leaves us hanging like this.
(view spoiler)

Duchess Nicole

This is, without a doubt, one of the most depressing books I've ever read. That is not to say it was not well written or well researched. However, I wouldn't think this would be something that an addict would want to read...recovering or not, there is an honesty to Quinton and Tristan's actions and thoughts that is painful. Almost too painful for me to read. Definitely too painful for me to enjoy.

Most of us know someone dealing with addiction, but from what I've witnessed, it's these two specif
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 05, 2014 Jennifer Kyle rated it it was amazing
Taking a journey into the depths of hardcore drug use to save Quinton was a heartbreaking undertaking on Nova’s part and it made for one brutal read.

description

Nova is in a good place in her life, college, a new best friend, Lea, helping with a suicide hotline but her thoughts are constantly going back to Quinton Carter. During her summer break she finally gets a lead as to where Quinton and the gang are living…Vegas Baby. Sadly they aren’t living the high roller life, they are living in a crack house.

Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
Oh Quinton Carter....you sad, beautiful, broken man....

Continuing on from Breaking Nova...Quinton has spiraled into the abyss of addiction...harder drugs, unsafe escapades, extreme violence and and overall darkness. It seems the only thing that can create a spark and let a sliver of light in is Nova Reed.

This book is not fun, it is not good, it does not have an ounce of redemption. It is dark, gritty, and almost painful to read.

Quinton has nothing inside his mind and heart but guilt and dispar
Glass
Mar 23, 2014 Glass rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My heart... Breaking Nova by Jessica Sorensen was a quite surprise for me. (You can read my review here.) I thought it would be just another new adult romance, but it turned out to be much more than that. One thing that I have to admit is my fear of second/middle book syndrome - I had my doubts about Saving Quinton. Just like Reviving Izabel wasn't even close to awesomeness of Killing Sarai (J.A. Remderski). But it was even better than the first novel.

Girl who wants to save a boy and boy who do
Maritza
Awww Hell Nah...I can't wait that long to see what happens with Quinton and will Nova be in time to save him! I just feel awful for Tristan and the rest of the characters as well...kindve mad at you right now J.Sorensen!!!! I devour everything you write, truly one of my fave authors. I need to work on my patience...waiting for the following books in a series...Fukn Killn Me!
Aestas Book Blog
Jan 04, 2014 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
Cover reveal

Angigames
Sep 13, 2015 Angigames rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chi pensa che la Sorensen sia la solita scrittrice NA, forse, non è ancora riuscito a comprendere appieno il talento di quest’autrice.
Questo secondo capitolo della serie Nova è un’ ulteriore conferma della capacità straordinaria della Sorensen di scavare a fondo nella psicologia dei suoi personaggi. Certo, questo libro, come il suo predecessore d’altronde, tratta un tema molto scottante e molto tosto. La narrazione è pesante, come sono pesati le situazioni che ci vengono proposte, ma dovendo af
Anaïs
*** ARC received in exchange for an honest review ***

2 out of 5 Stars for this slow-paced frustrating read

Nova
"Looking back, I realize that Quinton entered my life for a reason. It may not have made sense when I first met him nearly a year ago, but it does now."

Quinton
"This room is just a place and Nancy is just a person and I'm just another junkie loser fucking someone I don't care about because I want to get high again."

Saving Quinton starts exactly one year after Breaking Nova left us. Nova h
Brandi
Feb 05, 2014 Brandi rated it really liked it
Shelves: angst
4.5 Stars

I am emotionally exhausted. :/
YaYa
Jan 25, 2014 YaYa rated it really liked it
So let's be honest here. You know Jessica doesn't make love stories easy. She's so dark and raw when it comes to her stories. Like I said before, the stories on the other side of the rainbow. The Nova series to me is not a love story. Yes Nova cares for Quinton and vice-versa, but this is more of a survival/friendship/redemption type story. It's not for everyone and let me just tell you that this one isn't easy at all to take in. There is so much sadness going on. It's very detailed that you can ...more
Crista
4 Stars!
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

If I were rating this book as a romance novel, my rating would be MUCH lower than the 4 stars that I give it. However, if I look at this book as a realistic and sobering (no pun intended) look at addiction, I wholeheartedly give this book my respect and recommendation.

Saving Quinton chronicles a tormented man’s fall into the very depths of hell as he succumbs to his drug addiction. Seeking an escape and a reliable way to forget the horrible accident
Jessica's Book Review
Mar 05, 2014 Jessica's Book Review rated it really liked it
Saving Quinton is the second book in the Nova series. First and foremost…. Jessica Sorensen is freakin’ amazing at angst young romance novels. Everything she writes is gold to me. The first book in the series Nova is one of my favorites of hers. I fell in love with the broken characters of Nova and Quinton to see them transform into something that wasn’t drugs or a horrid past.

Beware of spoilers if you have not read book 1 – Nova

Saving Quinton is just like the first book told in the perspective
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
I think if I create a shelf called angst/emotional/crying they will only have books by Jessica Sorensen and Tijan!

As usual I was in tears/emotional and so many other things I can't even explain.

Quinton just broke my heart and made me cry every time. I just wanted to give him a hug and never let go :-(
Nova really stood out for me, she just never gave up on him and I liked that!

How do I continue this series if they are all like this. I don't think my heart and tissue box can take it.

Shania Tasker
Jan 22, 2015 Shania Tasker rated it liked it
Shelves: woah-emotions
Finally, we are getting somewhere. Everyone has finally realised that drugs are bad... Congrats. It only two books and over 900 pages...
Damn I'm insensitive, aren't I?!
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Much like the first book in the series SAVING QUINTON is dark. It could possibly be darker as Quinton falls deeper and deeper into the world of drugs and oblivion. As he and his friends move to Vegas to escape their lives, trouble finds them when they get caught up in a world of drug dealing and money.

Nova is still thinking about Quinton and the summer they spent together. Although time and distance has kept them apart, Nova wants to seek Quinton out to help him. As you may already know from th
Stephanie
Feb 05, 2014 Stephanie rated it really liked it
4 1/2 EMOTIONALLY DRAINED STARS

I don't think I ever read a book that emotionally drained me as much as Saving Quinton. I don't know how Jessica Sorensen writes these books without going insane, but I'm thankful that she can.

If you can handle reading about a man...that thinks he deserves to die, a girl...who will do whatever it takes to help the one person who doesn't think they are worth the air she breaths, and drugs...lots and lots of drug then you found your book.

No one is going to help me
Ashleigh
Feb 05, 2014 Ashleigh rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-lendable
such an very emotional read, so hard to read and watch Quinton go down this very had path. Nova was in such a better place in this book and on a mission to save Quinton. It was so hard to read how much in was in and his only way out was though drugs. I was happy with how this book ended and excited for the next book.

Chiara Cilli

No. Purtroppo non ha niente a che vedere con la perfezione del primo volume, in quanto si è persa tutta la drammaticità che ti stringeva il cuore in una morsa crudele. Penso sia dovuto al fatto che in questo secondo volume solo Quinton è rimasto nel buio, mentre prima c'erano dentro insieme e ti tormentavano con il loro precipitare sempre più a fondo.
E poi... poi. Questo è assolutamente l'ultimo libro che leggo di questa CE, perché non è accettabile che l'editor si rifiuti di inserire la puntegg
Debra Presley
Oct 12, 2015 Debra Presley rated it it was amazing
Oh man I don't know if there are words for this book. To say I loved it doesn't seem like enough. Jessica can right rock bottom that's for sure. I felt every emotion in this book. I cried so many times. I wanted Quinton to see Nova and just say yes I'll come with you and get better but that isn't what happens.

Nova can't get him out of her head. She wants - no NEEDS - to save him. Save him because she couldn't save her high school boyfriend but also save him because deep down she has feelings fo
Nikki
Feb 18, 2014 Nikki rated it really liked it
4 Pass the Xanax Stars :(

Well that was not fun...I mean after the 1st book, I wasn't expecting like hearts and flowers, but geez louise, a root canal would have been more fun than this. Seriously though, it was a good book. Sorensen has got the tortured soul schtick down to a "T."

So basically we have Quinton continuing on his downward spiral of nothingness and dear Nova trying to save him. This pretty much sums up the whole book. Addiction is a constant battle, its not pretty, and I think the
Ji
3 to 3.5 Conflicting Stars...

My review is going to be different...
I see that a lot of people have given it a higher rating...my opinion will be a little different...

I feel like every time I read a series by Jessica Sorensen the first book ALWAYS captivates me.
It's so different and full of emotions.
The second book...however... it always leaves me with too many questions.

This happened to me when I read The coincidence of Callie and Kayden as well. The first book was great! I needed more ASAP. Wh
New Adult e dintorni
È passato un anno, da quando Nova ha lasciato Quinton.
Ha fatto i conti con se stessa e il suo passato, si è ripulita il corpo e l'anima da ciò che la consumava. Ha metabolizzato il lutto e la sua vita è quella di una ragazza del college. Si è iscritta alla facoltà di cinematografia per diventare una regista. Per affrontare le difficoltà continua a registrare dei video dove confessa le sue paure e i suoi sogni. Ciò che le è rimasto di irrealizzato è salvare Quinton.
Ma lui è scomparso, non abita p
Frency  camminando tra le pagine
NON CLASSIFICATO!!
Purtroppo non sono riuscita a finirlo. Avevo aspettative altissime ma mi ha delusa. Non so se forse non era il momento adatto... Chissà forse lo riprenderò tra qualche tempo e lo adorerò. Ma per il momento mi fermo qui!
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Feb 06, 2015 Donna ~ The Romance Cover rated it really liked it
Saving Quinton (Nova #2) by Jessica Sorensen
4.5 stars!!

“And my future, well it seems pretty much dead, like I’m walking towards a coffin, ready to tuck myself in and pull the lid shut. Then maybe someone will do me the favor of burying me below the dirt, where I can stop breathing, stop thinking…”

This is the second book in this series, the first being Breaking Nova, therefore I would recommend reading Breaking Nova first. This book is an emotional roller coaster. As you all know I love emot
Sep 07, 2013 Jennifer marked it as to-read
I really need to look a the sequel dates before I start reading a book. I just finished reading book 1 and love all of the characters and the story line only to learn that book 2 won't be released for another 5 months. WTH!!!
C.K.
Jan 16, 2014 C.K. marked it as to-read
Here is a teaser Jessica Sorensen just posted for Saving Quinton and the link to her website:

NEW TEASER:

Teaser for Saving Quinton!

Teaser from Saving Quinton, out on ebook Feb. 4th. Enjoy!

I’m pretty sure I’m dreaming. Or maybe I’m dead. I’m hoping for the latter, but I don’t it’s the correct assumption because this feels different than the first time I died. If I’m dreaming, it’s a beautiful dream, one where I’m with Nova and we’re happy. I’m surprised I
Angie Elle
Sep 21, 2014 Angie Elle rated it it was amazing
***This book was provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.***

*this review contains spoilers for Breaking Nova, the first book in the series.

This book is so devastatingly beautiful.

Saving Quinton continues the story of Nova and Quinton–two people who aren’t able to forget each other no matter how much they might want to–no matter what they might to do to try and drown themselves. Fair warning–this book in no way sugarcoats addiction, nor does it lead you to believe you can save some
  • Searching for Beautiful
  • Song of the Fireflies
  • White Trash Love Song (White Trash Trilogy, #3)
  • Beautiful Addictions
  • Sun Poisoned (Sunshine #2)
  • Anywhere
  • Flawed (Connections, #4.5)
  • Harder (Caroline & West, #2)
  • Wide Open (Wide Awake, #2)
  • Suddenly You (The Jane Austen Academy Series, #4)
  • Rocked Out (Rocked, #2)
  • Found (Penny Black #1)
  • Saving Forever (The Ever Trilogy, #3)
  • Out of the Shallows (Into the Deep, #2)
  • Ciao (Stories About Melissa, #3)
  • Stealing Promises
  • If You Leave (Beautifully Broken, #2)
  • The Real Thing
Jessica Sorensen is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author from the snowy mountains of Wyoming. When she's not writing, she spends her time reading and hanging out with her family.

More about Jessica Sorensen...

Nova (5 books)
  • Breaking Nova (Nova, #1)
  • Nova and Quinton: No Regrets (Nova, #3)
  • Wreck Me (Nova, #4)
  • Ruin Me (Nova, #5)

“How do you get through to someone who doesn’t want you to get to them? How do you save someone who doesn’t want to be saved?” 15 likes
“Addiction is the fucking devil—I swear to God it is.” 8 likes