Start by marking “This Man” as Want to Read:
This Man

This Man

(This Man #1)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  91,756 ratings  ·  5,888 reviews
Named one of "The 20 Greatest Ever Romance Novels According to Goodreads Reviews" by O, The Oprah Magazine!
Named one of "The 10 Best Romance Novels to Read if You Love Fifty Shades of Grey" by Today.com!

Named one of "The 20 Best Romance Novels of All Time, According to Dedicated Readers" by Good Housekeeping!

Young interior designer Ava O'Shea has no idea what awaits he
Published October 22nd 2013 by Forever (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about This Man, please sign up.
Super*BETA*Reader Forget all the reviews. When you read a book like this, you need to keep in mind that it is fiction. JEM is not promoting abuse, she is writing about…moreForget all the reviews. When you read a book like this, you need to keep in mind that it is fiction. JEM is not promoting abuse, she is writing about a flawed character. I don't know about you, but I'd find it terribly boring if I only read books about perfect men, who had perfect relationships and perfect everything. Of course Jesse is over the top and completely unreasonable etc. but just because that is what the main character is like doesn't mean it's automatically a bad book. I thoroughly enjoyed the series, but you must be warned, you will only truly understand why he is the way he is when you get right to the end of the third book. It's not an excuse for his behavior, but it certainly does explain why he is so controlling and paranoid when it comes to Ava. I can understand why people who haven't finished the series feel so frustrated. It's definitely worth a read though.(less)
Sharmaine James Cavendish!! Up in the air series by R.K. Lilley. Check it out. I guarantee you won't regret it.

·  91,756 ratings  ·  5,888 reviews

Akanksha❤ Søren♰
If you need a story to relate to the book, this isn't your cup of tea because the book doesn't have one. It has only 3 things, controlling guy (not in a hot way), Crazy girl (in the literal way) and sex (without any chemistry)

____

She’s mentally undressing me. I should take my shirt off and confirm what she’s thinking.
A little something in Jesse's pov.. Here & Here
________
What the fuck did I just read and waste my time on????
descriptiondescription

"Watch Your Fucking Mouth"
I can totally imagine Jesse barking this
Britt
Dec 03, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No, No and just No.

This book was sort of like watching a car crash about to happen. You can see it happening right in front of you and it’s not something pleasant you want to experience, but for the hell of it you can’t bring yourself to look away.

There are just so many problems with this book (I even wrote a damn list), so I am apologising in advance if this review gets a bit ranty.

5 reasons why I hated this book

1. Jesse’s possessiveness.
I have experienced my fair share of super alpha mal
Aestas Book Blog
I'm torn on how to rate this book. I liked some of it, I disliked some of it, some of it was thrilling, some of it was frustrating so...

3.5 stars.

This book has been 'going around' a lot and I was very intrigued by the controlling, possessive billionaire premise.

I’m not a fan of comparing books, I prefer to let each
Miss H
This will most likely contain spoilers, so if that isn't your thing, feel free to ignore this review entirely.

I don't even know where to start. To be honest, I’m baffled by the amount of reviews that rave about how good this book is.

I mean, I just—I can’t.

But to each their own, as they say.

The editing—well, this book could use a good editor. And that's to say nothing about the writing itself, which was bland, pedestrian, and long-winded.

Jesse:

I typically enjoy reading books with alpha male ch
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo MalpasThisMan1TitlebySueBee_zpsd598e68b.jpg
 photo eric-dane-greys-anatomy-Favim_com-290792_zpsfd9f86a6.gif
★★★★★! This Man, book 1 of 3. The in control yet so out-of-control, Jesse Ward’s intense & imperious seduction & pursuit of Ava O’Shea. A whirlwind tale filled with secrets, lies, villains & suspense plus a captivating love!

“He shakes his head. ‘You’re different. I told you, Ava, I’ll trample anyone who tries to get in my way. Even you.”

This Man Series is the intense, epic saga about Jesse Ward, Mr. Sexy, Bossy, Compulsive and Secretive Extraordinaire, in his relentless pursu
Jenny Levine
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
MOVE OVER 50 SHADES OF GREY TRILOGY AND CROSSFIRE SERIES...
THERE'S A NEW STEAMY TRILOGY IN TOWN!

I'm adding "This Man" to my list of favorites. I still love FSoG and The Crossfire Series though. HA.

Anyway, let's get down to the nitty gritty.

Ava, a mid-twenties Interior designer was sent by her boss to do her job at "The Manor", owned by the I-don't-know-his-age drop dead gorgeous devastatingly handsome suited God, Jesse Ward, which isn't what she expected though (she expected a pompous country
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
Buddy Read with Liz

I love an alpha but Jesse took it to the extreme. This book was long and just full of sex and fighting. I am not sure if I will be reading on with the series given that there really isn't much of a story.
Baba
Nov 27, 2014 marked it as hell-you-can-t-pay-me-to-read-it  ·  review of another edition
WTF? Even if I hadn't been convinced yet that I would never read her books, the following mind-boggling statements sealed the deal for me...
 photo oie_irHrJInwbRoc_zpsul4vupsf.gif
 photo oie_bBDrL9OJycRo_zpstdc4pxsz.gif

My husband was no match for the fantasy hunk in my erotic novels...so I've ditched him.

photo oie_dmi177clloEl_zpslfnaipag.gif
 photo oie_SrGZYKCZnpwa_zpsobnvhchs.gif

Ms Malpas, from Northampton, says: ‘All my fictional men are strong, successful, sophisticated and enigmatic. I guess it’s hard for any living, breathing man to live up to such a fantasy.

photo oie_EQXGrWpOtQi8_zpscf9lbj9o.gif
 photo oie_uOgvCIRXXAB0_zpsptotnjiv.gif

‘After all, I created him and I made him the way he is for a reason. Every wo
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy

4.5 Cray-Cray - Wine Bottles & Mini Dresses & Countdowns to Zero & Eclairs
 May I present to you... *drum roll*... My Jesse!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Holy sh!t to the crazy man - Jesse. And Ava sweetie...

description

Before I start can I have a moment please?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Theeeeeeere much better... now on to the review

~*~*~*~*~*~

Let's start off with presenting the Manor of Jesse... simply beautiful and well I dare you to take an ungaurded peak into one of the rooms (whoops... I did not say that)

[image error]

The beautiful, young an
It's time for a re-read and who better to get reacquainted with than Jesse Ward??!! 💖💖💖

This story is simply captivating and smokin hot!!!
Jesse Ward is all kinds of yummy!!!
The book was hard to put down.
The fireworks between Jesse and Ava are BLAZING!!!
I'm utterly grateful to the ladies of TotallyBooked for bringing this story to my attention!
Just how old is Jesse?? Hoping to find out at least by the third book.
I was totally not expecting what happened at the end!
I guess I had my heads up in Je
Debra
Nov 17, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

3.5 CRAZY, POSSESSIVE, "WATCH YOUR MOUTH" STARS.

Who is This Man??

Let me provide you with a mental image first...

We know his name is Jesse Ward.

We know that YES, Jesse is pretty much perfect on the outside... He's dangerously handsome, filthy rich and he's also the Lord of the Manor; a blooming, successful "hotel" for which Jesse has hired the 26 year old ambitious interior designer Ava O'Shea to redesign some of the rooms.

From the moment Ava and Jesse meet, there's an instant powerful connection
Jen
REREAD on March 17-19,2018;
I decided to give this series a re-read considering book #4 is coming out soon! My memory isn't what it used to be, so I want to make sure I have all the details freshly in my mind! It is also kind of neat to see how my tastes and opinions have changed over the years! In the case of Jesse Ward and Ava, I will say that my opinions do still stand; although I have way more tolerance for Jesse's stalkerish tendencies and his possessiveness. A part of the reason for that is
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4-ish CRAZY-ass Stars

description

"I’m keeping you forever."

Really,really glad I read this story!! I understand now the controversial reviews and why few DNF, but I kinda loved it. It's nothing unique really. But it's funny, it's bat-shit crazy, it's enjoying. My kinda of sexy read!

And all of you sexy billionaires, you think you are insane? Possesive? Ha, ha, ha..
description

There is a a new psychotic man in town. And he deserves to be hospitalized!!!!!!!!!! THIS MAN!

So, WELCOME TO THE MANOR(view spoiler)
~ Becs ~
It was with no small amount of trepidation that I embarked upon this novel. After reading hugely differing opinions on the hero and the writing in general in reviews, I was concerned that this story was going to wave all sorts of personal red flags for me, rake up painful memories and generally traumatise me. Thankfully, this caution was most definitely misplaced as I very much enjoyed this book – in fact, I loved every second.

It’s the story of interior designer Ava, a girl about town, in London
Holly
Attempting to write a review for this book without allowing myself to go off on a rant about everything that bothered me about the story would be next to impossible. So, consider yourself warned.

I am a fan of the Alpha Male character in books. Hell, gimme an Uber-Alpha Male and I'm an even happier girl. But...there is a difference between being an Alpha Male and being an obnoxious bully. Sometimes the lines blur, but in the case of this book...there is no question that the character of Jesse War
Clumsy Storyteller
DNF @27%

There isn't much of a plot, but then, I guess there doesn't really need to be since it's just smut cleverly, the entire "story" is them fucking and then whining about it, she feels bad she flees from him, he finds her, they fuck again, REPEAT! i'm sick of this dominant, twisted, irresistible smut king stereotype.

Sophia Triad
"Met the Lord, have we?"

Another reread for one of my favourite series, and surprisingly and shyly I have to confess that I still have not overcome my crush on Jesse Ward.

"Oh good God. My heart crashes against my breast bone and my nervous breathing rockets to damn right dangerous levels. I suddenly feel light headed, and my mouth is ignoring my brains instructions to at least say something. I just stand there staring at this man, while he stares back at me. His husky voice halted me in my
Wanderlust
Cover & Title - 3.5 out 5
Favorite Line - "You better stop with the blah-fucking-zay shit now, or I'll shove this fork so far up your arse, you'll be chewing metal"
Favorite Character - Kate

Jesse

Ava

Their relationship

Mr Ward is liar, he is deceitful, arrogant, rude & possessive. (but yet i still like him)
Ava is a pushover, she is easy, stupid, naive & irritating at times. (but yet i still like her)
The book has many similarities for me to 50 shades but I still really enjoyed it. It was
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
2.5 I-really-wanted-to-rate-this-higher stars

THIS BOOK IS 70% OF.................

AND ABOUT 25% OF ....

AND ABOUT....5% OF

THEREFORE 70% SEX + 25 % ARGUMENTS + 5 % ROMANCE = THIS MAN

My Thoughts : This book DID have a solid plot..it's just that I found the book a tad bit predictable for my taste.Found the chracters either a bit to whiney or too aggressive with each other.

description

Would I recommend this book ?
Not really.No

Will I be reading the sequal ?
Probably yes.Since I own the series :P
Purist
Another one of those books...
1 Girl Meet Gorgeous Boy
2 Weeping Cunny, Peeking Nips
...........
3 Girl: Go away, I should not want you!!
4 Boy: Stalk, Act generally creepy
5 Girl: Here comes some stupid reason because of which I have to run
6 Boy: You've ruined my life
7 Author: The saga continues in the next book
8 Me: Ha, fucking ha!!!

Now, the sucky things that stand out:
1) sludgy eyes
I am sorry, but sludgy implies viscous. Now, unless
☆ Sammy ☆彡
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alpha-goodness
★★★★4 Stars Given to This Man★★★★

My Jesse (because I have been waiting for a character to use this delicious man as character inspiration)

My Ava

Ava, an interior decorator, is hired to decorate the new rooms built during at expansion project at The Manor. During her consultation for the project, she meets the owner Jesse Ward, with whom she has an instant spark with. While Jesse decides that he must make Ava his own, Ava is doing her best to fight the attraction.

Jesse... Jesse... Jesse... I reall
Christy
Nov 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Crazy Jesse Lovin' Stars!
Hmmm I had mixed feelings about this one. Overall I really liked it though. It had some hot parts and some funny parts. Here we go:
Jesse - I really liked him! Much more than I probably should have. He was batshit crazy at times, but also super alpha male, sexy and dominant! I will definitely read the next book just to get some more of Jesse... yum. I love the intense and a little crazy ones!!!! Right up my freaking alley!!!
Ava - At times, I did like Ava. Other tim
Anna

I tried. I really truly did. This book was just not for me. If I'm at 40% and I'm still not sure of the integrity of the hero's heart ....... And my feelers are out and IT.AINT.GOOD anddddd the icccckkk moments overpower the awwwwww moments. It's a DNF. It's DNF-ingF !!! This book was not my friend !!!!!

Jesse Ward: although I didn't get to know you to 100% Here was what I was thinking the majority of the 40% of the time getting to know you and your control freak domineering condescending barking
Maya  ~the Pessimistic Happy Cat~
.· .·*) .·*)
(.· (.·2,5 Stars

Short version of the story:

Jesse:

ü

s

And a lot of this:

How their conversation start/end:

"Shouldn't we talk our about our problems??"
"Nah."

ki

u
★★Sara Lizzy★★
This was a BR with Jo and Sammy!

5-ish Stars!

Let me start by saying, I freaking love this series. This is like the 3rd or 4th time I read this book and I'm just NOW getting around to doing a review.

Shortly after the book begins, Ava O'Shea, who is an interior designer is heading to The Manor for a consult.

My Ava

When she arrives at The Manor, she is meets Jesse Ward.

My Jesse

When they meet, there is an instant attraction. I'm not going to go into lots of details about this book because I don't wan
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust

*** I believe its unfair to rate an unfinished book , so I WON'T***

Why did I NOT finish you ask? One word........ AVA,
aka. Aroused Vagina Assassin. Yup! Every time Jesse remotely started to make me tingle the cuntfart would speak and .......bye-bye ladyboner, ugh!,

Ava

Gawd this SUCKS!!.. I actually liked Jesse, until he started with his " WATCH YOUR MOUTH " bullshit. Can you say, fuck you Mr. Hypocrite? The fact that he wasted so much time chasing that basic bitch also infuriated me.

I reall
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
Nov 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog by: Maria
The Hero in the book, I hear, is BRITISH!!!!! Yea. Nuff said. I'm sold. ;)

4.5 Stars

His face is serious, but still stunning. 'How loud do you think you'll scream when I fuck you?'

Holy. Bloody. Fucking. Hell. I...I...I don't know what to fucking say. I'm rendered a bit speechless. This story has left me in a state of frustration; I'm completely dumbfounded. What the hell did I just read? I've never read a story that has left me with more questions than answers. I don’t ever remember feeling li
Catarina
4 completely crazy stars!

Ava is an interior designer that has a meeting with a client that is the owner of a Manor. But she gets there she will have the surprise of her life. The owner is a sexy, mysterious guy and their connections is immediate and powerful.

description

She tries to deny it, not only his a client but she’s recently out of a relationship, but Jesse is a guy used to have what it wants and he wants Ava, strongly.

description

But eventually she gives in and realizes that what they have can’t be stopped and
Aurelia
Omg no, just no!
What in the ever loving f**k did I just read?
This book is so bad it's almost funny.
Okay so first of all Jessie is so f**king creepy, seriously the dude's got issues.
I spent the majority of the book cringing at everything Jessie said or did, especially every time he barked "mouth" or "watch your language" at her.
Ughh he was also overly possessive(understatement)and clearly unstable and Ava was so f**cking stupid and had no spine, she would tell him no but then let him have his way
  • Mile High (Up in the Air, #2)
  • Truth (Consequences, #2)
  • The Art of Domination (The Art of D/s, #2)
  • Disastrous (Disastrous, #1)
  • Knight & Stay (Knight, #2)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Honor and Obey (Honor, #3)
  • Restoring Jordan
  • All In (The Blackstone Affair, #2)
  • Insufferable Proximity (Insufferable Proximity, #1)
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2)
  • The Devil's Revenge (The Devil's Eyes, #2)
  • Fated
  • Beauty from Pain (Beauty, #1)
  • Tolerance (Heart of Stone, #2; NSC Industries, #3)
  • Be My Baby (Baby Lite, #3)
  • The Angel (The Original Sinners, #2)
  • Up to Me (The Bad Boys, #2)
‘A lingering idea that I just couldn’t ignore.’ – Jodi Ellen Malpas

Jodi Ellen Malpas wrote her debut series, The This Man Trilogy, in secret, worried about what people might think if they knew what her imagination was capable of. She was shocked herself. But she finally found the courage to unleash her creative streak and self-published THIS MAN - the first book of the This Man Trilogy - in Octobe

This Man (4 books)
  • Beneath This Man (This Man, #2)
  • This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
  • With This Man (This Man, #4)
“Just tell me one thing before you leave, Ava.” His voice prickles at my senses… His face is serious, but still stunning. “How loud do you think you’ll scream when I fuck you?” 457 likes
“God!” I scream.