Start by marking “Buzzkill (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #4)” as Want to Read:
Buzzkill (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #4)

Buzzkill

(Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou Mystery #4)

Betsy Livingston is planning a wedding so what could go wrong? After publishing a recipe for homemade calamine lotion in the newspaper, the ladies in the community church make a large batch. Everyone loves the stuff until someone in Pecan Bayou is found dead after using it. The town points to Betsy and she starts rethinking her whole career as a helpful hints columnist. No ...more
Published July 2013 by Create Space

To ask other readers questions about Buzzkill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buzzkill

Start your review of Buzzkill (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #4)
Diane Krause
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had the privilege of reading an advance copy of Buzzkill and truly enjoyed it. Who doesn't love reading about someone else's wedding stress??

Buzzkill introduces some fun, fresh characters that many of us can likely relate to. The other thing I loved about Buzzkill is that Trent does a beautiful job of solidifying Betsy's bonds with those she loves the most.

If you need another fun summer read, Buzzkill fits the bill.
Laura Roberts
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
As reviewed at Black Heart Magazine:

It may not be cool or fashionable, especially amongst noir aficionados, but I’ll admit it: I love a good cozy mystery. I grew up on copies of Lillian Jackson Braun’s The Cat Who… mysteries, passed along to me after my cat-loving aunt read the latest installment. I devoured all the lady heroines I could find at the public library, whether they were sexy redhead PIs or knitting grannies who just happened to solve crimes. And lately I’ve been into the Tattoo Shop
Andrea Guy
Buzzkill is the 4th installment of the Pecan Bayou Series and like all good cozies, it is one that new readers to the series can jump in with without a problem.

This book really captures that small town feel and adds a touch of southern charm. The murder doesn't happen until about half way through the book, so the story spends more time focused on Betsy and Leo and the preparations for their wedding.

The hilarity that ensues while Betsy tries to get organized and then gets a wedding planner is tru
Melina
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Well, Teresa Trent has done it again. I think this has been the best Betsy Livingston book yet. I really enjoy visiting Betsy and all the great folks of Pecan Bayou, TX. In Buzzkill, Betsy is marrying Leo and they have hired cranky Lenny Stokes and his wife, Martha, to do the flowers for the wedding. When her aunt, Maggie, hires Mr. Andre to be her wedding planner, he decides to use someone else to do the flowers for the wedding. When Betsy and Leo go to get their deposit back from Mr. Stokes, t ...more
A
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series. Betsy's wedding is coming up and she has her hands full of shifty vendors, possible move to another city, an outrageous wedding planner, competition from a bridezilla, the return of her long lost mother, and of course murder. This series is always entertaining I encourage anyone who loves small town cozy mysteries to add this book to their shelves.
Rhonda
Aug 30, 2013 rated it really liked it

4 STARS
This is the 4th book in the Pecan Bayou series by Teresa Trent. It is the first one I have read. I enjoyed it. I did guess the killer but I had decided I was wrong. Had no idea of why but it made sense.
The characters were well developed. I feel I missed a little of it because I had not read the other books. I was afraid of not knowing if Betsy and Leo were a great match when they were not answering questions of where they would live after the wedding.

I liked Betsy and could understand
TAMMY CUEVAS
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Betsy and Leo have set a date for their wedding and are trying to get everything just right for their special day. But when someone dies after using homemade calamine lotion made from one of Betsy's columns, she has to find time to save her reputation as "The Happy Hinter". Between suspicious deaths and a competitive bridezilla in town, will her wedding plans be derailed?

Welcome back to Pecan Bayou! This fictional small town contains some of the nicest Southern characters you'll ever meet. And y
Slgennut
Sep 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Spoiler alert. This series has some serious issues with keeping characters straight. In the first book (or maybe second) the reader is told that the main protagonists mother was killed by a drunk driver in an auto accident. Then low and behold, her mother was alive and deserted her in the storyline of the forth book. There was another glaring storyline error, but I just don't remember what it was. I enjoyed these cozy mysteries, but found the discrepancies annoying and a sign of sloppy record ke ...more
Fairlee Corkran
I really enjoying this series
Karen
Janice Birchfield
Jan 22, 2018
Glenda
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good cozy mystery set in a Texas town.
Kelly Luza
Jul 06, 2015
Dianne Waldon
rated it it was ok
Jul 17, 2016

• Come to the Table (A SouledOut Sisters Novel #2)
  • Walk the Wire (Amos Decker #6, Will Robie, #5.5)
  • Sins of the Fathers (J.P. Beaumont #24)
  • One Good Deed (Archer, #1)
  • Shroud for a Nightingale (Adam Dalgliesh #4)
  • Camino Winds (Camino Island #2)
  • Camino Island (Camino Island #1)
Teresa Trent writes hilarious cozy mysteries that take place in the small towns of Texas. She was first inspired to create Pecan Bayou after visiting the Texas Hill Country to view the millions of springtime flowers alongside the roads and highways.
Teresa also writes the Piney Woods Series with Camel Press and debuted the first book in the series January 2018.
Her latest book,Die a Yellow Ribbon.

Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou Mystery (7 books)
  • A Dash of Murder (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #1)
  • Overdue for Murder (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #2)
  • Doggone Dead (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #3)
  • Burnout (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #5)
  • Murder for a Rainy Day (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #6)
  • Till Dirt Do Us Part (Pecan Bayou Book 7)

News & Interviews