Start by marking “Winter (Dog Days #2)” as Want to Read:
Winter (Dog Days #2)

Winter

(Dog Days #2)

Eloise “Lou” Whittaker can’t shake the feeling she’s forgetting something.

After surviving the explosion of the Poisonfoot Library, she struggles to find her footing again, and she’s grateful Archer Wyatt is there to make sure she’s all right. But Archer seems to be around an awful lot and Lou has trouble controlling herself when she’s with him. She should be thrilled the m
Published February 15th 2014 by Sierra Dean (first published January 31st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Winter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo sierradean_zps91ba3d3d.jpg

Winter is book two in the Dog Days series by Sierra Dean. I have been so excited for this book to come out because the first book, Autumn, ended in a huge cliff hanger. And I was not disappointed.

Winter starts out exactly where Autumn left off. Lou has been rushed to the hospital following the huge explosion at the library. Cooper goes there hoping to see her but they won’t let him in. He is hoping the memory loss is only temporary, that as soon as he can talk to Lou, she will remember him. As
Aurian Booklover
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Autumn ended with an evil cliffhanger, and Winter took up right where Autumn ended, so you really you have to read them in order. It also has a cliffhanger, though not as nasty as the first book.

Autumn ended with a big explosion of the library, and Lou losing her memory of Cooper completely. Nothing else, just Cooper. At first Cooper thinks it is for the best, now she wont grieve for him when his curse hits him, but he misses her more than he thought possible. Finally having a friend, someone w
Blodeuedd Finland
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
This does not happen a lot, but..I liked book 2 better than book 1. Usually book 2 is where I go all sigh, but here. I devoured this one. It also felt, well more original, and it's own.

Lou does not remember Cooper. Cooper tries to stay away but loves her. *music of doom* Archer is trying to win Lou over and he is a handsome, but evil ass. His family are watching over the curse and arghhh *hates Archer and his family*. Just let them be!!!

Most of the book is Lou going on with her life, Cooper want
Jennifer Shiels
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Winter is a good book and I'm really looking forward to the next book in the series, Spring. This is the second book in the Dog Days series. What do you do when the person you are in love with and the person that gave you hope is made to forget you?! Cooper knows he should probably just let Lou go and let her be free, but he just can't. Before she came around, he really didn't have any hope and didn't know real love. He cannot stay away from her. Eloise or "Lou" feels like she has forgot somethi ...more
Kara-karina
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, paranormal
I like the development of this series; a very enjoyable paranormal YA, and coming from Sierra Dean it's done just right. Autumn was good, but Winter is even better. If you are a fan of Caster Chronices by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl or Brightest Kind of Darkness series by P.T. Michelle, this blend of magic and mystery is right up your alley.
Poetreehugger
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Every bit as much fun as Autumn (Dog Days #1), and now I can hardly wait for Spriing (#3)!
Kelly
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's been a while since I read book 1 and I'm so so so glad I have the next books in the series queued up so I can find out how things turn out because...HOT DAMN, THINGS ARE HAPPENING. Thiiiiiiiings!

Like Lou's loss of memory about all things Cooper. As an aside, Archer is an awful person and he's going to have to do a whole lot of groveling to make things right after what he did and allowed to happen. As of right now, I'm not seeing much chance for redemption in him. Actually, I don't see much
Katie
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
see full review @ Katie's Corner

Today I have a book, which I got from the author as a gift, a long time ago, and, unfortunately, it’s only now that I’m reviewing it. But there are some good news with it, as this Friday the review of the book 3rd book will go live. However, when the 4th book will come into my possession is still a mystery. But that’s not the case here, correct? But before I move on to the actual review, if you’re new to this series, you can check my review for Autumn – the first
books are love
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I so felt for Cooper but was glad he fought and didn’t give in. Even as Archer and Lou got close Cooper didn’t give up.

the story picks up where Autumn left off. Cooper is counting down the days until he turns, he is in love with Lou and is hopeful she can save him. Lou doesn’t remember him though. Now Lou and Archer are close and Cooper needs to find a way to get Lou to remember.

The story is really intriguing. Cooper has everyone against him and Lou and making him feel he should give in but he d
Marisa
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I found this one moved a little slower for me compared to the first. This is in part because most of the book revolves around Lou trying to regain the memories that the reader is already aware of from the first book, which can’t help being repetitive. That being said, Dean does a very good job still keeping your attention throughout the story.

I am definitely eager to see the next installment of the series now that it seems all the characters are clear on where everyone stands. I’m not sure how t
Hilda
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
Aw, man. I don't even know how to explain why I'm continuing to read this series other than the fact that I like the MCs very much. This whole book was about Lou getting her memories back, the ones Archer stole in book one. Literally, the whole thing!! It felt like nothing happened, no plot advancement or character development...nothing. Why then do I want to read the other two books?

It's a very good YA for young readers. I can see 7th or 8th graders reading and loving these books. I would reco
Samantha
Mar 21, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm interested in this story and these characters. I want to know what happens and how everything wraps up. That being said, this book wasn't the greatest for me. The majority of this book was spent trying to relearn all the things we learned in the last book. While one of the characters didn't remember anything, the reader still did, so it ended up feeling like a whole lot of filler.
Marcela (BookaholicCat)
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4 Stars
Sierra, Sierra you kill me slowly with each book you write. Now I have to wait for Spring.
Alisa Lawry
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
What an awesome continuation! Looking forward to spring!
Stephanie
Charlotte Bennett
Jan 25, 2016
Jo-Anne
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!
Tarantulove
Nov 18, 2013
Rachel
Feb 02, 2016
Sierra Dean is a reformed historian. She was born and raised in the Canadian prairies and is allowed annual exit visas in order to continue her quest of steadily conquering the world one city at a time. Making the best of the cold Canadian winters, Sierra indulges in her less global interests: drinking too much tea and writing urban fantasy.

Ever since she was a young girl she has loved the idea of

Dog Days (4 books)