Start by marking “The God Killers” as Want to Read:
The God Killers

The God Killers

In The God Killers, the First Book of The God Killers Legacy, former professional art thief Ivory Blaque is hired to procure a pair of antique pistols and gets much more than she bargained for when several attempts are made on her life. Her client turns out to be a shadowy government agent who reveals that she is descended from a race of immortals, and that the pistols are ...more
Published July 10th 2013 by Seventh Star Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The God Killers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The God Killers

Start your review of The God Killers
R.J. Sullivan
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Art gallery owner Ivory Blaque is a former art thief turned mercenary recovering stolen art It's her way of making up for her past. She's smart, highly skilled, and equipped for trouble. Then she takes a job with a mysterious client to retrieve a pair of antique Colt 45s, and as soon as she puts her hands on them, she knows she's connected to the pistols, and there's no way she's giving them up.

Suddenly, she's fending off angry vampires, werewolves, and other super-powered beings who either want
Bob
Sep 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Initially, reading The God Killers reminded me very much of my first encounter with Anita Blake. John F. Allen appeared to have crafted a standard urban fantasy tale, immersed in the supernatural, and spiced with elements of paranormal romance. Even the narrative structure and pacing of the first few chapters reminded me of Laurell K. Hamilton's work.

That's not a bad thing, and not at all a knock against either author. It's simply an acknowledgement of how the book initially struck me.

I say
Sheila
Is it possible for a (written) novel to read like graphic art? John F. Allen’s The God Killers certainly does. Scenes are set with clear clean descriptions. Characters move fast, with that visible blur of speed pouring out through the words. Guns are drawn and fired. Walls are leapt from. Buildings climbed. And it’s all great fun, as ex-art-thief gone straight, Ivory Blaque, sees her world crumble down, then rises from its ashes.

From Chicago to New Orleans and back, Blaque, whose skin color is
Sarah (Workaday Reads)
Sep 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
This was an action filled urban fantasy story featuring a kick-butt heroine. Ivory is strong and stubborn, and doesn’t let anyone push her around, not vampires, werewolves or CIA operatives. She is more than just a strong, pretty face. Her character is quite well developed with flaws and weaknesses, which makes it easier to root for her.

The world building was quite extensive. Supernatural creatures of all sorts appear in the story, with an intricate and complex history to explain their existence
William Bentrim
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ivory Blaque is my favorite kind of female protagonist, takes names and kicks butt! This novel details a brief period in Ivory's life of an art recovery specialist. A former art thief, Ivory now walks a reasonably straight path recovering stolen art. She has some seriously skewed friends and associates, werewolves, vampires and miscellaneous Fae.

Ivory falls afoul of a secret government agency detailed to keep a lid on paranormals. If that doesn't complicate the plot enough, she also offends the
Robin Blankenship
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was instantly drawn to this book. I love books with strong female main characters. And this one came through. It was very action packed and fast moving and for sure left you begging for book two. It had Vampires, Lycan, incubus oh my!! Ivory is smart, clever and willing to do what it takes to get to the bottom of things. Allen writes well rounded characters with rich detail and solid histories. Which I found amazing. These were characters you really got to know along the way. I really enjoyed ...more
D.K.
Apr 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ivory Blaque is an art dealer and collector of relics with a past she rather forget. When her former mentor returns into her life, Ivory is immediately suspicious of his intentions. And she should be, because before she knows it, Ivory is accused of committing crimes she is innocent of. While she's trying to sort that out, she is also involved in discovering the secret of two pistols called, the God Killers.

The author did a great job of developing the character(s) in the novel. Can't wait to
Kathryn
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ivory Blaque is one of the coolest characters I've read in books lately, I loved reading about her adventures and the world that was created in this novel. I loved that there were other creatures besides vampires in this book. What was cool was that there was a interesting mystery in the book about Ms. Blaque's parents and I loved the nods to Greek Mythology. I look forward to more from Mr. Allen and more from Ivory Blaque as I really enjoyed reading this book.
Brick Marlin
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fans of Anita Blake will love this read! John F. Allen's main character, Ivory Blaque, is one kick-ass hero as her tale pulls you through this fantastic tale!
Tina
Nat
Jul 17, 2015
Vincent Stoessel
Nov 30, 2015
John F. Allen is an American writer born in Indianapolis, IN. He is a founding member of the Speculative Fiction Guild and a member the Indiana Writers Center. He began writing stories as early as the second grade and has pursued various forms of writing throughout his career. John studied Liberal Arts at IUPUI with a focus in Creative Writing and Literature, received an honorable discharge from ...more