Start by marking “The Magic Poof” as Want to Read:
The Magic Poof

The Magic Poof

Ange-Marie has always felt different. Who wouldn't when your best friend is literally attached to you? The Poof is a great ball of curly hair that sits directly on top of Ange-Marie's head. His magical and playful nature always seems to produce mischief and adventure. In book one of The Magic Poof series, Ange-Marie must decide what to wear for school picture day. But The ...more
Published June 26th 2013 by Xlibris

To ask other readers questions about The Magic Poof, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magic Poof

Start your review of The Magic Poof
Ben Jr.
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is great for young children, but I feel it’s even greater for minority children. This book answers the call for much needed diversity in children’s literature. It excels at teaching children to accept themselves and embrace their differences, which are lessons I feel are crucial when molding young minds. This book was beautifully illustrated, and inspires children to use their imagination. I truly enjoyed it and I look forward to future works.
Terri Zumbahlen
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: multicultural
Fun story about a girl who's hair has a life of its own. A good lesson in embracing what makes you unique and looking at a feature that may be troublesome and turning it into something great.
Jaideep Khanduja
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Book Review: The Magic Poof by Stephen Hodges: A Wonderful Message On Friendship Valid For Any Age

Whatever you belong to, this book The Magic Poof by Stephen Hodges is going to interest the child in you. The book has been dedicated to two wives – to Ange-Marie, wife of author and to Katie by the illustrator Kyle Gentry. Excellent illustrations will keep this small book lively and sparkling which is bundled with a wonderful story of Poof. The story in a way
Maria Salinas
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a charming, entertaining, and fun book for children. It is a quick and easy read, and the topics explored are interesting for kids of all ages.

Ange-Marie is different. She doesn't quite fit in with others around her, and she's forced to keep her uniqueness a secret. The Magic Poof on her head, her bizarre hair, make her special. As I read through the short book, I couldn't help but laugh and smile seeing the fun had between Ange-Marie and her Magic Poof. The story is not only fun, but i
M
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely adorable. Thinking back to my own childhood, I can't remember any books featuring a little girl with wild hair, particularly hair that was curly like my own. This was a very cute read, very fresh, with delightful illustrations and a quirky story. I've read on the author's website that more books are to follow with more characters and I'm looking forward to it. If you have kids, friends with kids, nieces or nephews, get this. It's worth it.
John
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-fiction
This is a great book for small children - deceptive in its charming simplicity, but well-written and nicely illustrated - with good subtle messages about self-esteem, cooperating with others, and appreciating differences. I look forward to future books in the series and the development of more characters.
Annastew1144hotmail.com
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
A wonderful little book with a very big and important message inside. Cute illustrations and the story is easy to remember. I have never had a problem with my hair but my children do and they really enjoyed it when I read it to them.
Simon
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Quite simple and easy to remember with larger engaging illustrations that really compliment the words. A welcome addition to any child's reading shelf with a lovely timely message inside.
Danni
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
A fine addition to our reading shelf which was much enjoyed by the children. Thought provoking little message and pleasing illustrations. I would like to see this read in schools.
Mohit Tomar