Start by marking “Her Rebel Heart” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Her Rebel Heart

Shannon Farrington

Her Rebel Heart

There was a time when Julia Stanton's fondest wish was to be Samuel Ward's wife. But that was before the war. As pro-Confederacy sentiments clash with the Union troops occupying Baltimore, fear and suspicion turn friends to foes. Julia chooses the Confederacy...Samuel does not. And his decision is one she's sure she'll never forgive.
Samuel would gladly give his life for J
Published December 1st 2011 by Love Inspired Historicals

To ask other readers questions about Her Rebel Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Rebel Heart

Start your review of Her Rebel Heart
Barbara
The Civil War time period is one of my favorites, and this book presented the dilemmas facing, and sometimes separating, families, couples, etc. very well. Enlisting in the Union or Confederate armies, assisting slaves, breaking the law in order to protect others, and the importance of engaged couples remaining on the same side of the conflict are all dealt with. Slavery was a very divisive issue, and the way one character in this novel found out more about what was really happening and changed ...more
Sean MacKenzie
I couldn't get past the fact that Julia always acted like a spoiled two year old instead of her twenty something age. Throwing tantrums and although she is a Christian she rarely ever showed it. Samuel was a poor excuse for a hero and instead of staying close to his beliefs, he was more concerned about what silly Julia thought. If it weren't for Sally Julia's friend I would have given this a 1* she was the only character worth reading. ...more
MariaFernanda
The history was very interesting and well-developed. The characters though were a little dull. There wasn't as much romance though, it all just felt like a tantrum. I felt like it needed more oomph. It was all fairly flat and I found myself just turning pages... ...more
Veronica
There are certain topics I have a difficult time reading fiction about and the American civil war is one but this book respected history pretty well. I wish the author had chosen to write a series as I would like to know the fates of some of the other characters. It was worth a read.
Arnetta
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
I love Civil War era books and Christian fiction. This was a lovely blend of both with a young engaged couple suddenly on opposite sides of the conflict. Full of adventure, conflict and providing an interesting perspective on the issues at stake - quite wonderful!
Melinda M
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads-done
The Rebel Heart by Shannon Farrington is a well written historical romance. It is well researched about the state of Maryland around the time of the Civil War. it shows both sides and helps you understand why Maryland as a border state had problems. Shannon Farrington brings the history and the feelings of the day to live. A very enjoyable read that is also educational.

I received a copy of this book thru A Goodreads Giveaway.
Holly
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author of this book is a childhood friend of mine that I treasure dearly, so when I heard she was writing a book, I had to read it. My husband purchased the book for me for Christmas and it was amazing. I am not much into romance, hence the 4 stars, but I would recommend this to anyone! Bravo Shannon!
Sheila Samuelson (BookAddict30)
Rating: 3 Stars!!
Review:
Not sure why Goodreads says i read this before cause i dont remember reading this before but ok lol I thought this book was a sad but sweet story and i loved the ending but i hated the female main character's complaining to Samuel on and off through out the story and is why i rated it 3 stars!!

Overall besides the character complaining i wanted to love this book!!
LInda L
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The heroine was kind of silly, but women didn''t have much education back then. She finally got a backbone before the end. Very religion based. ...more
Eric
Dec 14, 2015
Abby Fultz
Jan 03, 2014
Melinda Bollinger
rated it did not like it
Nov 11, 2018
May 04, 2012
Kate
Feb 10, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Dec 16, 2014 10:04AM
Shannon Farrington is a former teacher and an avid history buff. She and her husband have been married for over 25 years and have two children. When she isn't researching or writing you can find her gardening, reading the classics or visiting national parks and historical sites with her family.
In addition to Goodreads you can also follow her on twitter @_SFarrington

News & Interviews