Start by marking “Seduced by the Vampire King (Vampire Warrior Kings, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Seduced by the Vampire...

Laura Kaye

Seduced by the Vampire King (Vampire Warrior Kings #2)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  1,159 Ratings  ·  120 Reviews

Grieving over the deaths of his b
ebook
Published June 1st 2012 by Harlequin Nocturne Cravings

To ask other readers questions about Seduced by the Vampire King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seduced by the Vampire King

Dee
This is virtually a repeat of the first book and didn't really deem it worth my time :( ........Don't think i'll bother to read the third one!
Brittany B.
A good friend keeps me up to date on writers like Lauren Kaye who do shorts and self published books.
I happened to have this older novella of hers in my current list o' crap, and gave it a chance.
Next will be Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye

O.k. So this is no Dickensen, but it is Hot Vampire Love, in a short story. Doesn't get better than that... 3.5 stars.

Favorite line: "I want to wear you all over my skin" (vampire says to human!!) Scary, not necessarily sexy, but it made me laugh.

Author to watch.
Ellie
I read this because I enjoyed Hearts in Darkness so much but this didn't have the same magic for me.

In HiD, I felt the author did a great job at the novella format because she focused on such a narrow amount of time. While the characters did form an emotional bond, it wasn't instalove.

I expected this to be different since this was a PNR vs a Contemporary but I felt like the instant mate claim didn't allow me to feel any emotional connection with the characters. There were mate-smells, magic tin
Maddux
Read this last night. It kept me interested.

I had to go back and check which king I was reading about. Because I remember reading another Laura Kaye short a while back about another vampire king.

Lots of Vamp Kings in her world, I guess.

You'll like it. Read it.
Bookfetish
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable read, but preferred "In the Service of the King".
Sophia
Jun 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf
This is a short novella that got off to an exciting start. I was really eager to read this one after having enjoyed the first book in the series.

This one could be read out of order in a pinch, but the experience would be much more rich and enjoyable. The first one should be read in order because it takes the time to give an in-depth explanation of the world building of the two vampire factions, the human's who support the good vamps, the proferred concept and the beautiful ceremony for when the
Kathy
Funmbi
Malinda
3-3.5 stars

This was a good short story. Kate seemed nice and Nikolai was a bit of a jerk at first but he came around.

Kate is the daughter of 2 humans that work on a counsel with good vampires that fight against rogue vampires. Kate had been training to be part of that society and even possibly become a vampire's mate but disliked the idea of that kind of connection to a vampire she didn't know or like. She decided to go to Russia for her studies to avoid the vampire issue for now.

Nikolai is the
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC

Kate Bordessa was raised to be a proffered, a human virgin who is offered to a vampire warrior for substance and sex. But Kate doesn’t want any part of that life or the life her parents wish for her and so she escapes to Russia. While walking the streets of Moscow though Kate comes across a wounded man that she recognizes as a vampire. Unable to leave him, Kate protects the vampire from his foes and cares for him.
Vampire Warrior King Nikolai Vasilyev is on a path of destruction. Seeking vengeanc
GraceMyBookSnack
Love bites! Rawr!

Wow! Laura Kaye does it again creating another fantastic tortured vampire hero with Nikolai Vasilyev! The summary pretty much best describes the gist of this novella that had me reading nonstop until the end. After reading In the Service of the King, I very much looked forward to the sequel that takes the story into another part of the world. This time it is cold, snowy Russia. The first book really sets the base describing this vampire world, its expected rituals and traditions
Jenn
well it was REALLY short im on the fence, as well it was really short and just kinda went bam! we are in love now, and your mine.

ok let me explain I have read both these books in the space of about 4 hours reading time, being interrupted and what not yes I actually have a life.....sometimes.
in both these books it goes......

boy meets girl.....
THE END!

OR NOT!!!
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
My Blog: HarlequinJunkie Romance Reviews

Seduced by the Vampire King is one hot sexy read!

Kate and Nikolai meet when she stumbles upon injured Nikolai in the streets of Moscow; she feels an instant connection and a fierce desire to protect him. Kate is like a ray of sunshine in Vampire Warrior King Nikolai otherwise tortured and dreary existence.

This was a short enjoyable read and I have to say so far I’m loving all of Laura Kaye's Vamps! Can’t wait to read the next book in this series.
Kelley
Ugh! This actually started out pretty good and seemed to actually have a decent plot. Well, very shortly after I told some people it seemed better, it degraded into pure sex and little to no story. I also did NOT need all the non stop crude language!

HQ I am SOOO disappointed in you! Not everyone out here who reads your books thinks the more sex and less story the better. I'm upset you are not leaving very many options for us paranormal readers.
Belkis
Mar 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another solid read my one of my favorite authors. Really enjoying this hot quick sexy series Laura Kaye has going here with these very hot vampires.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Quick vampire read in to despair recklessness, sorrow, need, hunger, desire. Kate leaves home and her duty to go thousands of miles to be right in the same situation. Alhough this time the path for her is clear.

Raquel did a good job of luring me in with her diction and accents.
Book Cave Btches (Devon Farrow )
Great read.

This was a great fast read and if you like vampires it's a good one to read. It's not the usual vampire book but stillgood.
Michelle ♣ Ndayeni
A worthy successor to In the Service of the King this book packs most of the emotional intensity that the first one had, but seems to me at least to fall a bit short of the total immersiveness that the first book had. With the first one, I was sucked in pretty much from page one and was held in rapt fascination, barely wanting to put it down. With this one I didn't feel like it pulled me in to quite the same degree. The action is too start and stop, with emotions ramping up then being shut down ...more
Sofia Grey
Jun 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I read the first in this series, while I enjoyed it, I felt it was lacking in conflict. Thankfully that was addressed in this second one – in spades :-)

Nikolai is the Russian Vampire King with a deathwish. Eaten up with guilt following the deaths of his two brothers, he refuses to accept his royal responsibilities and instead, fights on the streets of Moscow against the SoulEaters, the band of demented evil vampires they’d been battling with for years.

He wanted trouble. And he found it. Or
Sandy S
Jun 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SEDUCED BY THE VAMPIRE KING by Laura Kaye

SEDUCED BY THE VAMPIRE KING is the second instalment and June 1, 2012 new release in Laura Kaye’s Vampire Warrior series.

FROM THE WEBSITE: Seven remaining Vampire Warrior Kings battle the evil Soul Eaters in an ancient war that threatens their hearts, their lives and the very world we all share.

Kate Bordessa is an American exchange student. Fleeing to Russia to escape a possible future as the proffered virgin to a Vampire King, Kate can’t stop the feeling
Syahira Sharif
I’ve encountered the title several days ago and seeing I had fun reads with harlequin paranormal lines without being too darn sarcastic about cheap harlequin books so I look the nocturne-line up and frankly, I like the base of the story which wasn’t disappointing and it is quite a non-facepalming read.

Seduced by the Vampire King is a really short story about Nikolai the vampire king who was injured by a dead-blood-stained bullet in a gunfight and was bleeding to death in some alley in the Russia
Evie
Jul 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to start by saying... this Vampire King can bite me anytime. There I said it!

Not sure where to start, this is an early review as the book is not yet out, and I want to be careful of any spoilers, but OH.MY.GOD. Laura Kaye delivers as only she knows how.

Nikolai lost his brothers to very evil creatures and he wants revenge. The thing is it isn't only vengeance that he seeks. He feels he's at fault for the tragedy surrounding the loss of his brothers, and he wants to find a way to make up f
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Series: Vampire Warrior Kings #2

Kate Bordessa's parents are members of the Electorate but she wants nothing to do with becoming a Proffered so she flees to Moscow. She knows the injured man is a vampire and when he drinks her blood she finds herself strangely connected to him. Nikolai doesn't think he deserves happiness or the honor of being King after his brothers are killed so he fights the idea of mating with Kate.

I liked that this one felt more modern than the last one and that we got some a
Sonja
Jan 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-ebooks
I would have rounded up for this story but there were just a few things that kept me from it. But mainly the end. I kind of hated how it just ended where it did. I would have really liked to find out how Nikolai's men reacted to his mating. Much like the first story, this one was short and didn't really pay too much attention to the soul eaters past the very beginning when laying the groundwork. But unlike that one, I really got into this one.

After losing his brothers, Nikolai has stopp
Michelle
May 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Thoughts:
NGH. That was my first, anticipatory thought. (For those of you wondering what in the blue perfect hell that means/stands for, it's basically a noise of feminine approval and lust.) Anything Laura Kaye writes is hot and I totally fell in love with her vampires in In The Service of the King. Her men are men without being man children. (And that, kittens, is why it's fiction!)

Nikolai is no different - A total Alpha male with a heart breaking dose of pain and anger over the death of hi
Angie
Synopsis: "American exchange student Kate Bordessa has fled to Russia to escape her family's hopes that she'll become one of the Proffered, human women who feed and mate with elite vampire warriors. But when she stumbles upon a wounded vampire in the streets of Moscow, she's instinctively driven to protect him--and feels an undeniable spark of desire.

Grieving over the deaths of his brothers, Vampire Warrior King Nikolai Vasilyev has thrown himself into battling his enemies, focused only on venge
Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore
See the full GraveTells original advanced review here:

4.5/5 stars

The opening scenes of the story are fast and furious, dropping the reader right into he middle of the action with Russian vampire king Nikolai Vasilyev. Right from that very first meeting, the attraction and connection between Kate and Nikolai seriously sizzles.

Laura Kaye is versatile, a master of infusing her characters with such depth and vulnerability, intensity and emotional range, that i
Rebecca ♥ Warner, Kishan, Magnus ♥
She did it again! This was just as good as In the Service of the King, and if I had to pick I would say this one was a tad better. The first was just the romance, this had a bit of a setup to the story, a bit of action and violence leading into it. And I really enjoyed the opening scene when she found him. Very primal.:P I also enjoyed Kate's character. Shayla from In the Service of the King was so submissive, and at the time I thought it was a nice change from all the strong, independent woman ...more
Lyndi loathes love triangles
I didn't realize this was a short story ebook. But it was a nice little quickie that I enjoyed.

Honestly, I think this would be a good foundation for a full length novel if Laura Kaye fleshed it out with a plot about the war with Soul Eaters, some action and suspense, develop the relationship a bit, etc. I liked the writing and a full length novel from her would probably do well.

As it is, I have two complaints about this ebook.
First, for being trained to be a vampire's mate, Kate sure was clueles
Read Hard - Laura...: Seduced by The Vampire King #2 Kate & Nikolai 1 2 Jun 24, 2016 06:10PM
  • The Vampire's Consort
  • Blazing Bedtime Stories (Once Upon A Bite / My, What A Big...You Have! / Sexily Ever After)
  • Immortal, Insatiable, Indomitable
  • Protector's Mate (Werewolf Mates, #2)
  • Cursing Athena  (Order Of Seven #1)
  • Tempted by Blood (Sweetblood, #3)
  • My Lord Immortality (Immortal Rogues, #3)
  • Hoodwinked
  • Hot Vampire Touch (Vampire Wardens, #3)
  • The Fever and The Fury (Mythica #6)
  • Hunted (Vampires in America, #6.5)
  • Bleed For Me (Loved By Gods, #1)
  • Christmas Brides
  • Piper's Fury (Passion of the Soul, #1)
  • Quinn's Undying Rose (Scanguards Vampires, #6)
  • Caleb's Tempting Mate (Saber Chronicles #3)
  • Caressed by Night (Rulers of Darkness, #2)
  • Eternal Beauty (Mark of the Vampire #4.5)
Laura Kaye is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary and erotic romance and romantic suspense, including the Hard Ink, Raven Riders, Blasphemy, Heroes, and Hearts of the Anemoi series. Laura's hot, heartfelt stories are all about the universal desire for a place to belong. Laura grew up amidst family lore involving angels, ghosts, and evil-eye curses, cementing her lif ...more
More about Laura Kaye

Vampire Warrior Kings (3 books)
  • In the Service of the King (Vampire Warrior Kings, #1)
  • Taken by the Vampire King (Vampire Warrior Kings, #3)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
  • The Curiosity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
  • Before Goodbye
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Blood and Bone (Blood and Bone, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hot Shot (Hostile Operations Team, #5)
  • The Way Life Should Be: A Novel
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Yellow Rose Beauty Shop (Cadillac, Texas #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Force of Temptation (Mercury Pack, #2)
  • Wildalone
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Let Go (Hard Ink, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Comfort of Secrets (Sweet Lake #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fierce Obsessions (The Phoenix Pack, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It's In His Heart (Red River Valley, #1)
  • Wicked Angel
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Secrets (Wildefire, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Wind Dancer (Wind Dancer, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Dead Wrong (Dead #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
“She’d found him. She’d helped him. She’d saved him. He was hers. And they’d taken him away, ripped him from her arms, literally.” 6 likes