Start by marking “The Society Catch” as Want to Read:

Louise Allen

The Society Catch

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  80 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
RUNNING AWAY FROM LOVE!

Miss Joanna Fulgrave has turned herself into the perfect society catch to be worthy of dashing Colonel Giles Gregory. But all her hard effort to improve herself comes to nothing when it looks as if Giles is about to propose--to someone else!

Deciding that bad behavior is infinitely more attractive than perfection, Joanna flees her shocked family. Gile
Published January 17th 2012 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published December 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Society Catch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Society Catch

Ilze
Very enjoyable!  I normally avoid Harlequins (titles like "Captured for the Captain's Pleasure" completely put me off) but on some whim decided to check this one out.

What saved this book for me was that the main characters are social equals. This is not a "Cinderella story" where the downtrodden virtuous heroine has to be rescued by a fairy godmother and a prince (or one of the many variations on this theme that Harlequins specialize in). In this book, the heroine is virtuous but also feisty,
Rodelene
Nov 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book!
Elen
May 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was fun. How Joanna came to develop the misconception was so contrived to the degree it was almost pathetic - but it did help me to significantly lower the bar and I managed to enjoy the rest of the story sans anything resembling critical thoughts. Hence the three stars. It was fun, really, once you let go of all the expectations.
Susan
I borrowed this book from the mobile library, and found it a refreshing read. It's been far too long since I've read a Regency and I haven't read many M&B Historicals either. That's about to change.

I liked Joanna, the feisty heroine of this story, and she made me laugh (and groan in equal measure) at some of her mishaps!

The hero, Giles, is gorgeous, and a delight to get to know. He is also very patient and forgiving considering all that happens to him because of Joanna's sometimes childish m
Lauren
Jul 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book in one night. It is the first historical harlequin I have ever read. It was funny and all the characters are quite likable. Joanna was spunky. I quite enjoyed her little fits and her unexpectedness.
Eimile
Cindy mcguire
Dec 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 04, 2015 01:37PM

This author also writes under the name Francesca Shaw.

I have had my nose buried in a history book - fact or fiction - for as long as I can remember, but even more important to me are the places and the objects that conjure up the past. My first attempt at historical fiction
More about Louise Allen...