Start by marking “Her Man Advantage” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Her Man Advantage

Joanne Rock

Her Man Advantage (Double Overtime #2)

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  190 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews

Full-body contact never felt this good...
By rights, they should hate each other.
Filmmaker Jennifer Hunter doesn't want to make a hockey documentary any more than hockey defenseman Axel Rankin wants to star in one. But neither of them anticipates the molten rush of pure lust for each other, and they can't help but give in, on and off camera....
The last thing Axel needs i
Published May 1st 2012 by Harlequin Blaze (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Her Man Advantage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Man Advantage

Charlotte Mcfall
Apr 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Her man advantage centred around the ice hockey team 'philadelphia phantoms' our heroine jennifer reluctantly agrees to make a documentary about them. In order her boss Colin will allow her to make a documentary on cyber bullying a subject close to her heart. After her sister suffers bullying at school. Jennifer sees it as a means to an end and reluctantly agrees. Once on location she meets ex Finn biker bad boy Alex Rankin. They try to keep their relationship away from the documentary after bei
Carol Storm
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a terrific romance! Axe is the most amazing hero, a Viking-type from Finland who happens to be a professional hockey player. And filmmaker Jen gets to tame him on the road, with all kinds of steamy encounters in the fevered sports atmosphere!

What really makes Joanne Rock special is that her secondary romances are always just as touching as the main couple. I thought Vincent and Chelsea were so original and real and I really wanted them to get together.

I would recommend this book to anyo
Kate
May 20, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall rating -- 3.5 stars

This book seemed too short to have a secondary romance (it works for some Blazes, but not for this one). I wish the book had focused only on the hero and heroine. I also wasn't keen on the "hero in danger from his ex-biker gang" subplot.
Sheryl
Mar 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh yeah, i really LOVED this series!! Axel is HOT (well he is a hockey player) and y'all know i love me some studtastic hockey players! :)
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Double Overtime
Category: Passion
Audio Sample
Dee
Read in "Game On" box set.

Two-haiku review:

He's a hockey jock
She makes documentaries
How can they work out?

Major subplot, too
Almost like two novellas
Neither very deep
Lisa Filipe
The sexy men of the Phantoms Hockey Team are at it again. This time, Axel Rankin is having a hard time keeping his eyes and hands off of the fiery, red-head director, Jennifer Hunter, who is supposed to be documenting the team as they enter the playoffs. He needs to keep her camera's out of his past and out of his business, but her in his bed.

I really enjoyed Axel and Jennifer's story, not more than One Man Rush, but just as much. I really hope Joanne plans to write more of the Phantoms Hockey
Romancing the Book
May 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Posted on Romancing the Book's blog
Reviewed by Desere
Review Copy Provided by the Author

Joanne Rock has done it again in this nail biting read. A sexy as sin hockey player with a very rocky past is thrown together with a take no nonsense girl made this a fantastic read. The book had secrets and red hot passionate love scenes.

The overwhelming chemistry between Jennifer and Axel was like a burst of fresh and sexy off screen romance. I loved how the author did not shy away from sharing anything and
Kristin
Read as part of the Game On Box Set: Time Out\Her Man Advantage\Face-Off\Body Check.

This was the second book in the set and it was good, not great. An NHL hockey team decides to let a producer make a tv series documentary giving an inside look into the hockey players lives. This little documentary throws a wrench into Axel's life since he has a past in Finland as a kid/teenager in a motorcycle gang and he thinks the added publicity will put him back onto the gangs radar. Already this was a bit w
Julie Barrett
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Her Man Advantage by Joanne Rock
This Murphy Family Saga is about Axel Rankin. He grew up in the Murphy household as a foster child. Everybody treats him like a true family member.
He is also a hockey superstar, best friend with Kyle and they have a stipulation in the hockey organization that they play together on the same team. He was born in Finland and does not want to be filmed for a documentary because of his past.
Jennifer Hunter is the camera lady who wants more in depth info about the playe
Tressa
Dec 23, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
If ice hockey is one of your favorite sports, you'll immediately realize that Her Man Advantage was inspired by HBO's 24/7: Road to the NHL Winter Classic. The sport is primarily a backdrop for the characters, Jennifer and Axel. I thought the story was fun and sexy.

I did find Jennifer amusing and I liked Axel's explanation for sexual chemistry. I also thought that the secondary characters were interesting. I didn't think the storyline about the Destroyers was necessary, but Her Man Advantage wa
LaFleurBleue
Quite similar to the previous books, in the sense there are also 2 love stories in parallel, the overall length is the same, a short book, and the whole story takes place over about 10 days in this case.
The characters also were easy to like. However the conflicts and difficulties the characters manage to overcome are much bigger than in the previous book and their rather easy resolution did not completely convince me.
Laura (Kyahgirl)
2.5/5; 3 stars; B-
Narrator: Gabra Zackman

I didn't enjoy this book as much as book 1 of this hockey series. Two reason; I really dislike the 'break up with your lover to protect them' trope. And the second was, the narrator on this audiobook was not as enjoyable as on the first book. Her tone and pacing were good, as well as distinction between characters. However, she had an intrusive vocal habit which basically amounted to raising her tone at the end of many words and sentences.
Elle
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ehhh. Wasn't bad but wasn't really great either. I think it was partly because it's just not my cup of tea. This is only my second Harlequin read ever and the only read I came across it was because of the box set with Elle Kennedy in it as well. That and my OCD wouldn't let me read it any other way except from 1 to 4. After two for two of ehhh I'm thinking I'm just skipping to Elle's book and calling it a day. OCD be damned!
Gail
Good read. Two romances in one story-- a sweet subplot story between a hockey player and a fan, plus the main romance between a Finnish immigrant and a documentary film maker. His secret past was a little bizarre, but I'm going to assume Rock did her research and learned that there really are international outlaw biker gangs. I enjoyed it.
jvan326
Sep 10, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
I'm torn on this rating. I disliked the story between Axel and Jennifer but I enjoyed the side story of Vincent and Chelsea (they should have been the main story). I don't know, I've never read a Joanne Rock book that I've really liked. Might have to give up on this author!
Kate
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports-romance
Loved the book, and am enjoying the series, hope another story is to follow.

Suze
Aug 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed it. Well written, delivered everything expected. Would have liked more hockey. The only bit I wasnt convinced of was the gang scene. Liked the secondary story with Vinnie and Chelsea.
Bella Marie Cullen
Jul 16, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
3 1/2 stars.
Irene
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Was not that fond of this one. Had higher hopes, because it involves a hockey player, but was not convinced.
Jennifer Burchett
Great job, Joanne! Proud to call you my buddy:-)
Elizabeth
I don't know this one was kind of cheesy for me. The characters didn't really grab me and the romance was a bit dull. I think Chelsea's story was a bit more interesting but not enough to grab me.
Rachael Ruddick
Oct 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports-romance
Loved the book, and am enjoying the series, hope another story is to follow.

LibraryDanielle
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
meh
Sarah Pickering
Jun 13, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hahahahahaha so bad...
Terri Pray
Not as good as some of Ms. Rock's other books, and the secondary storyline was almost as strong as the primary so at times I was left wondering whose story was actually being told.
Jen
Aug 02, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Why did I even bother reading this? I knew I wouldn't like it, and yet. Ugh, I only have myself to blame.
Mzpastrychef
Jun 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read
Laura Hannaway
Jul 31, 2013
Gin
Aug 14, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Guy Most Likely To...
  • Face-Off
  • Coming Up For Air
  • Not Just Friends
  • Long Road Home (Sons of Chance, #7)
  • The Braddock Boys: Colton (Braddock Boys, #4) (Love At First Bite, #7)
  • Night After Night...
  • The Keeper
  • Hotshot \ Going for It (Uniformly Hot! #20)
  • Watch Me (Stepping Up Trilogy, #1)
  • Time Out
  • Born Ready
  • Hot-Wired (From 0-60, #3) (Harlequin Blaze, #465)
  • Barefoot Blue Jean Night (Made in Montana, #1)
Joanne Rock is the author of over eighty books published in twenty countries and translated into twenty-six languages, including seventy-five books for Harlequin in a variety of series. A popular workshop speaker, Joanne parlays her experience in the college classroom to substantive seminars that motivate, educate and inspire authors at all levels of their careers. Her book Self Promotion: Your Gu ...more
More about Joanne Rock...

Double Overtime (2 books)
  • One Man Rush (Double Overtime, #1)