Start by marking “Fractured Legacy (Fractured Legacy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fractured Legacy (Fractured Legacy, #1)

Fractured Legacy

(Fractured Legacy #1)

“Callahan has combined two very intriguing characters with a great storyline to create a fast-paced supernatural tale.” (Kimber Leigh Wheaton)

Paranormal investigator, Kaylyn is thrilled with the opportunity to investigate the Teague Hotel—a beautiful historic building at the heart of Chatham, Ohio—with a not-so-beautiful past. But the conditions of her investigation aren’
Published October 2013 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Fractured Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fractured Legacy

Escaping Reality by Lisa Renee JonesThe 5th Wave by Rick YanceyReal by Katy EvansBranded by Abi KetnerThe Law of Attraction by N.M. Silber
New Series (2013)
1,002 books — 2,608 voters
Hush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickFallen by Lauren KateThe Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle HodkinWither by Lauren DeStefanoSilence by Becca Fitzpatrick
Haunting Covers
813 books — 854 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Fractured Legacy (Fractured Legacy, #1)
Kylie Lacovich (The Reading Cow)
I was in the mood for something a little different to read, and Fractured Legacy by Skye Callahan was definitely it! I absolutely loved it! From the very first page to the very end. And every page in between! I was totally hooked. I was intrigued. And I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next! The further I got in to the story, the faster I turned the pages. I was completely immersed in it.

I loved the characters. They were very easy to relate to, connect with, and they were belie
Courtney
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Just WOW!

I became an instant fan of Skye Callahan’s the moment I finished Fractured Legacy.

This is a great paranormal thriller that I will highly recommend to anyone.

“Break the bond. Ni neart go cur le cheile.”

No sense in rehashing the blurb – you already know what the book is about. But what you don’t know is how real everything becomes as you read.

Kay is a paranormal investigator along with her sister. However – this assignment really gets to Kay and not because she has had a such
Heather
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I knew going into this book that this was going to be a series and this was only part 1. After finishing, I won't be going on to part 2.

The characters in this book are not well-developed, so it's hard to understand their motivation. The main female character is just so angry all of the time. Why? We are given tiny little clues, but nothing adds up. The main male character is strong and reserved, but we don't know too much about his recent history to understand why he does the things he does. By
Kelli Wilson
Very quick read! Enjoyed! Similar to the Ellie Jordan Ghost Trapped series. However, I enjoyed this more so, I liked how story is more about the characters than the ghost story in each book, but the ghost story is great in the 1st book!
JB
**Find this and other reviews @ The Demon Librarian**

More Please!

I'm a total wuss when it comes to scary stuff. I'm a hide my face/look away/leave the room sort of girl (much to the dismay of my horror movie-loving husband, lol), and sometimes, all it takes is creepy music to send me bolting to the nearest exit. Yep, total baby, right here. And yet, for some reason, I love paranormal mysteries, and ghost stories, and suspenseful novels that wind me up up chapter by chapter. Case in point? On
Shana Festa
Dec 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have truly become a glutton for punishment! Normally I won't read anything that is part of a series until the whole series is out there for my reading enjoyment; I'm just not a patient person for the most part. But I've devoured several in the last few weeks that are part of the series... and now I'm waiting. The latest is Fractured Legacy, Book #1 in the Darkness Bound Series by Skye Callahan. I'm not even sure how many books will end up being a part of this series, but I will devour them all ...more
Shayna Varadeaux
I was taken in right away by Kaylan and Nicole's dynamic. Sisters who do a secretive job dealing with supernatural entities on a daily basis. They work for Aicil, the people to call when the unexplainable ends up in your life one way or another.

It begins with Kaylan botching a job but I don't think it was really her fault, the sisters supervisor being abruptly replaced by a guy only slightly older than Kaylan. She has enough attitude to last a lifetime but the new boss, Jonah, isn't having it.
Megan
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Warehouse 13 fans, if you want a spooky read for Halloween
Recommended to Megan by: Skye Callahan
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.

Hold on to the edge of your seat because you're in for a wild ride!

photo tumblr_mki47uNHCC1qfjduoo1_r1_500_zps55b727da.gif

Callahan's debut novel FRACTURED LEGACY dives right into a world where ghosts, poltergeists and the unknown is completely normal for paranormal investigators Kaylyn and Cole Anderson. Something clearly is trying to mess with Kaylyn and things don't get easier when the agency the sisters work for, Aicil, gets a shakedown from higher up and the girls get a new
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Fractured Legacy is one incredible paranormal read. I loved every minute I was reading it. I mean there were so many twists and turns and so much paranormal activity going on that the book ended way to soon for me. I needed more of Jonah and Kaylyn.

Kaylyn who I like to call Kay is a paranormal investigator and she loves her job. Kay gets the chance to investigate The Teague Hotel to uncover the paranormal activities going on there. She is excited to be back in the game because she has had a roug
Bookmom
Dec 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Not especially bad, but neither is it very good. We’re provided with what sounds like an interesting scenario about two sisters working for a company doing investigations of the supernatural. Of course no one, friends or family, can know what they’re really doing. The story mostly follows the older sister, Kaylyn who is seriously stressed from lack of sleep and nightmares she’s having which she doesn’t want to share with anyone.

It’s difficult to know whether Kaylyn’s personality is always so dis
Nick
Two sisters, Kaylyn and Cole, work for a secret, but yet not-so-secret, paranormal investigation firm known as Aicil. After returning to the office from a case gone wrong, they find that their boss/mentor has been let go and that one of the sisters is on probation. They have one case to prove their worth. Investigate paranormal claims at the historic Teague Hotel.

I wasn’t very impressed with this one. The overall story was engaging enough, but the characters were less than one-dimensional and th
вяαт
Mar 04, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5/5

I don't know what it was, but I just felt like something was missing. I enjoyed the book for the most part and it was really a quick read, I had just been so busy lately. It really needs to be revised, though. There were quite a few spelling and grammatical errors. I may or may not pick up another book by Skye, but I wouldn't be totally against it.
Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: skye-callahan
I would love to win this book. I love that it's the firdt book so that's always great. The story sounds intriguing and I definitely want to win this book. Thank so much for the opportunity to win this book.
Tanushree Baruah
Oct 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2014
I don't understand why this got so many high ratings. It was sloppily written, the plot made no sense and the characters were all very unlikeable. At least it's a fast read.
Mary
May 15, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ghosts, ghosthunt
I would rate the story alone much better. But the main character Kaylyn was so unlikeable and antisocial... it ruined a lot of the otherwise good story for me.
Tiffany
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow what can I say? The cover intrigued me and then I got caught up in the twisting, turning pages of Kaylyn's and her sister Nicole's story. They're basically paranormal investigators and part bounty hunters of the strange and unusual. Their job is to keep humans safe from things that go bump in the night and unseen ghost.

The story revolves around the investigation of the Teague Hotel built in the 1920s and the disappearance of a woman who died in a fire there only her body was never recovered.
Jana
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While the book was interesting enough to make it a quick read for me, alas it was not good enough to justify more than a three star rating (at the lower end of the scale). In parts it felt rushed with too many questions pertaining the characters' backgrounds left open. The basic idea of the story was a good one and could have led to a great read if only it weren't so inconsistent, and full of gaps and annoying characters who probably thought they were protecting Kaylyn but in reality made all th ...more
N.V. Cefalo
*This book was given to me by the author at my request, and I provided this voluntary review.*

3.5 / 5

This book was pretty good - not excellent, but not terrible either. It was a rather quick read as well. For a supernatural story, the story elements played heavily on the human reaction and experience, rather than hone in on the supernatural entities. I really liked the story following this route, as we were able to get inside the head of the MC and her sister. While I did enjoy, I do not believe
M.J. Weiner
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful read and I am blessed to have gotten an Advanced Review Copy of the e-book.

Skye Callahan has an amazing ability to keep me wanting to read more. I found as I got to the end of each chapter, I felt like I just HAD to know what happened next. I read this in a single day, over several sittings. While at work.

As for the book, it gets right into the story by quickly introducing us to two of the major players, Kaylyn and her sister Cole. They work for a unique investigative agency
Sharon
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Great characters with a good paranormal twist.

A hotel owner asked the team by name to check out his hotel for ghost activity.
The team got more than they bargained for. The investigation leads to all kinds of craziness.

It is a fast paced book. I just had to turn the page to see what is going to happen next.

Too bad book two isn't available anymore.

Debra
Oct 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
The storyline and characters were fairly interesting and developed which did hold my interest. There were many twists and turns plus unexpected events that the reader most likely would not see coming. I would probably read the rest of the series even though there were numerous glaring errors throughout this book.
Shawnna
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Scooby Doo-ish

While the general idea was somewhat interesting, the editing was sloppy at best and the story was very predictable. The characters and the action did remind me of watching Scooby Doo cartoons on Saturday mornings as a kid. I am not interested in reading the sequel.
Heather
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
(This review can be found on my blog The (Mis)Adventures of a Twenty-Something Year Old Girl).

I read the blurb to this book, and I was instantly hooked! A spooky ghost story involving ghost hunters? Yes, please! Luckily, I wasn't disappointed by this book.

Kaylyn and her sister Cole both work for a company called Aicil as paranormal investigators. When Kaylyn gets the opportunity to investigate the creepy and old Teague Hotel, she jumps at the chance. However, bad things start happening to Kaylyn
Julie Darley (Never judge a Book by its Movie)
Oh my oh my. I’ve a lot I would like to say about this book but some of that would be considered spoilers, and I don’t want to do that. I was so happy when I was picked to do this blog tour, but also nervous at the same time. Paranormal, spirits and all things that can possess and go bump in the night are usually what I try to keep at arms length.

Well my husband travels a lot from work, and I can bet my scardy butt the minute he leaves the only thing I think about are the most scary things I’ve
Patricia Eddy
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copy
This debut paranormal urban fantasy has a lot going for it. You've got your headstrong smart heroine (along with her equally headstrong sister), a slightly mysterious handsome man who comes in and upsets the balance of a lot of things in the heroine's life, and an entity that can seemingly cause the heroine to black out, do things she doesn't remember, and wants to kill her. Add in a creepy haunted hotel, a little misdirection, and a dollop of romantic tension and you've got yourself a winner.

F
Jennifer  Ricketts (Donnie Darko Girl)
I received a review copy of this book for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl.

Shiver-inducing, creepy-crawly, and spine-tingling all best describe how I felt while reading Fractured Legacy. This is the perfect time of year to read about a young paranormal investigator with an entity targeting her. I wasn't expecting to get freaked out while reading this novel, but with all the lights off and only the screen softly glowing, I definitely did. And I love that feeling!

Kaylyn and her sist
Joann Kruse
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fractured Legacy is one of my favorite paranormal books. It was a nice break from the hot and heavy books that I wrap myself around and or hooked on.

The thing about this book that had me most intrigued is the spirits and ghosts. I love ghosts!!!!

Kaylan is by far my favorite character! Her I don’t care, tough girl attitude is great! At first she seems off her game; but that’s what puts the jumor into this book. It’s exciting, funny, and has romance all wrapped up in one book.

Kaylan’s job consi
Rough Draft Book Blog
Oct 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fractured Legacy by Skye Callahan

FUNNY, SCARY, AND DOWN-RIGHT AWE-INSPIRING

Kaylyn, Cole, and Jonah

Well peeps, this is normally not my genre and I usually don't even write reviews for them, but this one just called out to me and, well, here I am! It's definitely not what I thought it was going to be, but then again what book is. This is not a love story filled with sexual tension. This is a ghost story of sorts with a shit ton of anxiety to go with it! Thanks Skye! My heart palpitations have fina
Lissyiszy
Jul 31, 2013 rated it liked it

The story started off decently from the main character's point of view and then we jump right into the action. Kaylyn, the protagonist, is a dysfunctional character but understandably so which makes her relatable. I enjoyed all the characters I encountered, especially Jonah who was a resolute and steadfast character, even when it wasn't deserved which I loved about him. I felt the same with Cole, she was an excellent sister but not too perfect. I like that despite clashing personalities they all
Kimber Wheaton
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Fractured Legacy is a suspenseful paranormal mystery that drew me in from the very first scene and didn't let go until I snapped my Kindle closed at the end. Though it is listed as book 1 in a series, I'm happy to report this is a standalone novel with an actual ending, and a satisfying one at that. Yea! Ms. Callahan has combined two very intriguing characters with a great storyline to create a fast-paced supernatural
« previous 1 3 next »

• A New Life (Escape #1)
  • Father Found (The Daddy School, #1)
  • Justification for Murder (The Darcy Lynch Series Book 1)
  • Breach of Power (Jake Pendleton #3)
  • Smoke Screen (The Darcy Lynch Series Book 2)
  • Fatal Philosophy - A Murder Mystery
  • Those That Remain
  • Requite (Cases of Lieutenant Kane, #2)
  • The Dogs of Mexico
  • Double Blind: a fast-paced murder mystery where nothing is what it seems
  • Hey You, Pretty Face (DC Jack Rutherford #1)
  • In My Wake: A Breathtaking Psychological Thriller With a Killer Twist
  • Emergency Skin (Forward collection)
  • Shard Warrior (Crystal Shards Online, #2)
  • Crimson Alliance (Viridian Gate Online #2)
  • Summer Frost (Forward collection)
  • The Haunting of Thores-Cross: A Yorkshire Ghost Story
  • The Andromeda Evolution (Andromeda #2)

Fractured Legacy (3 books)
  • Beyond the Divide (The Aicil Paranormal Files, #2)
  • Grave Absolution (The Aicil Paranormal Files #3)