Start by marking “Taming Natasha & Luring A Lady (Stanislaskis #1 & 2)” as Want to Read:
Taming Natasha & Luring A Lady (Stanislaskis #1 & 2)

Taming Natasha & Luring A Lady (The Stanislaskis: Those Wild Ukrainians #1-2)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  2,066 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
The first time single-father Spence Kimball set eyes on Natasha Stanislaski, he was floored by her exotic beauty. But the former ballet dancer turned toy shop owner had a fiery temperament that kept men safely at bay. Sensing a hidden wound, Spence and his little girl joined forces to find a way into her closely guarded heart. For Spence realized he'd do anything to tame N ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published December 19th 2007 by Silhouette (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Taming Natasha & Luring A Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taming Natasha & Luring A Lady

Amber
Jun 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2009, romance
This book contains stories 1 & 2 in a 6 short story series about the Stanislaski clan. I accidently read stories 5 & 6 first and enjoyed them so much that I am now going back and filling in the holes. I love the Stanislaski bunch - a crazy, loud, and loving family. What is so great about these stories is that while you get your romance fix, it's set amongst a good story and interesting characters. For both stories I was quickly invested in the character's lives and the outcome, even thou ...more
Cherise Spencer
May 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
I added this to my favorites even though i didn't love Natasha as much (only four stars) I loved Mikhail!!!

Mom
Veda
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved both stories. Very entertaining turbulent love stories. It was extremely hard to put the book down.
Sarah Smith
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading both of these novels by Nora Roberts. Honestly, a series like The Stanislaskis: Those Wild Ukrainians is not the type of series that I ever thought that I'd even attempt to read. More surprisingly, I'd never imagined -- not even in the slightest -- that The Stanislaskis: Those Wild Ukrainians would be a series that I would enjoy and in which I'd become emotionally invested. But, I'm convinced that unexpected surprises still lurk around the most unlikely corners. The ...more
Cruth
Author: Nora Roberts

Taming Natasha
First published: 1991
Length: 2871 kindle locations
Setting: Contemporary Small-town. Shepherds town, West Virginia.
Sex: Explicit. Infrequent.
Hero: Composer / teacher.
Heroine: Russian former ballerina now toy shop owner.
Trigger: (view spoiler)
Mary
Jan 24, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Okay. Hold Up.

WHAT THE BONKERS? ARE YOU SERIOUS THIS GOT A 4.20 RATING? THIS BOOK SUCKED!!!!

I cannot believe people enjoyed this crap.
What a waste of time. I do not get it.

Just to recap. The main character, the girl, whatever the name is because i really could not care, does not want a relationship because of bad experience of relationship. Cue in comes blond beach boy, whatever the heck his name is because i do not care, takes one look at this girl and booms falls in love and has lust spewi
Theresa
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
These two weren't as funny as The Stanislaskis: Rachel & Alex and I just didn't get as into them. I liked "Luring a Lady" better than "Taming Natasha," just because it was refreshing to have a character who was insecure and self-conscious for once. "Luring a Lady" was also more suspenseful than "Taming Natasha," although these two were the weakest in the Stanislaski series, with The Stanislaskis: Rachel & Alex being my favorite.
S.
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great stories. The Stanislaski clan is a wonderful family. I'd like to read the rest of the series. Natasha owns a toy store, is single with no children (you later find out why) and meets Spence Kimball, a single parent who moves to town to be a better father to his young daughter. The second story is about Natasha's brother Mikhail and the woman who recently came to own the apartment building he lives in. A building that desperately needs repairs. I love Mikhail and Natasha's parents. The scene ...more
Bonnie Staughton
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm a Nora Roberts fan and this book certainly didn't disappoint. Until the names started to sound familiar, I didn't realize that "The Stanislaskis" was a series and I had already read #3 & #4. This book "Taming Natasha & Luring a Lady" were #1 & #2. This didn't take away from enjoyment of the book at all. Everything seemed to "click" in place.

I really liked that Natasha was running a toy store and who couldn't fall in love with Mikhail.

Two really great stories and an easy read. Now
Julia
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Taming Natasha
This was so beautiful and sweet and lovely and romantic. I was so looking forward to reading it, and I wasn't the least bit disappointed. Natasha and Freddie and Spencer were all equally wonderful.

Luring a Lady
This story wasn't as relatable as the first, but I still loved it. The plot, the characters, the romance; it was all wonderful to read. And I'm half in love with Mikhail.

The Stanislaski Series is probably my favourite Nora Roberts series. They are fair tales for adults, and
Crissy
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was actually two books tucked into one. I realized I had one read the first one but figured it was worth a reread so I could move on to the next. Now I need to find the next one so that I can catch up with the rest of the family. There is plenty of carryover since it following two brothers, one in each story, but each book could stand on its won. The two stories mirrored one another with the hurt, love, confusion, and moving on when the time is right.
Brianne
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love the way Ms. Roberts changes point of view of the narration right in the middle of a conversation so that we can get into the heads of both people in the scene. She did that many times in both of these stories, and it always served to let us see how the important people in the lives of the Hero and heroine are reacting to the events taking place, whether it is about the developing relationship or other aspects of the plot line.
Kasey
Sep 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kasey by: Jane
Ah, a nice dependable happy ending. Although then you read the second story and the next family member steps right up. Kind of nice to find out what comes next since they do of course visit one another.
As Margaret has said, "I've read Nora for so many years, I can write Nora." But still, it's like catching up with an old friend.
Dana Nelson
Apr 13, 2012 rated it liked it
I gave up romances for some time because I was bored to death/sick of stories that had Gorgeous Person A going for Stunning Person B. It's so tiresome. These stories are definitely all beautiful people... But I like the stories, regardless. ;) I'm a sucker for most Nora Roberts books.
Kari
Aug 10, 2011 added it
I could definitely tell these stories were written several years ago, as the language was more toned-down and the romance plots were simpler and not as realistic as her more current stories. These were a fun read, though.
Tiffany
Jul 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Another classic Nora. I have been having a hard time sleeping in the final days of my pregnancy, and there is nothing like sitting down with 'an old friend' like Nora Roberts in the middle of the night.
Josephine
Dec 08, 2015 added it
Shelves: dnf
Within the first 30 pages, there were at least 5 POV characters. Although I've come to expect headswapping in Nora Roberts's books, this was far too much and extremely distracting. The dialogue was also quite stilted at times.
Nov 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Read each story in one day. Really enjoyed the characters, especially Mikhail.
DM
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another delightful read. I love Mikhail in 'Luring A Lady'!!
Marnie
Jan 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
First time reading a Nora Roberts book. Very nice relaxing easy read. I will be going ahead to read this complete series.
Darlene Infantino
Two stories: suspense, mystery, romance all in one!
Sharon
Jan 10, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Good pregnancy reading, as they are not too hard on the brain. I think family sagas are my least favorite of Roberts' work, because I lose track of all the inter-relations.
Julie
Really cute. Loved it.
Jasmine
Aug 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nora-roberts
I don't really see myself re-reading many of Nora Robert's books, but I love the Stanislaskis and I would definitely read them over and over again.
Shannon
Jan 08, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked the first book:)
Terri Hebert
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the series. Nora Riberts never disappoints !!!
Angela Kelly
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is my second favorite series I love Nora roberts books I've read books a million times I love these books
Angie
Mar 14, 2016 added it
Typical Nora Roberts. Easy read, entertaining enough
Carrie
Aug 25, 2008 rated it liked it
not one of her better story lines. i do love her series of books that have a family of immigrants. i like the family/secondary aspects of the book, but the romance side is definitely cheesey!
Tina
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finished "Taming Natasha."
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Outlaw (MacKenzie-Blackthorn #3, Man of the Month #26)
  • Apples and Regret and Wasted Time
  • The Callahan Brothers: Blue Bayou, River Road, Magnolia Moon
  • Hands on Training
  • Family Men
  • CEO's Expectant Secretary (Kings of the Boardroom #6)
  • Nora Roberts
  • My Heart's Desire
  • Sex Drive (Wild Ride To Love, #1)
  • Touch of Enchantment (Lennox Family Magic, #2)
  • The Substitute Millionaire (The Million Dollar Catch, #1)
  • Wildly Winston (Winston Brothers, #1-4)
  • His Bride
  • A Crazy Kind of Love
  • Who Will Take This Man? (Regency, #1)
  • This Must Be Love (Summer Lovin', #1)
  • Silent Night (In Death, #7.5)
More about Nora Roberts...

The Stanislaskis: Those Wild Ukrainians (6 books)
  • Taming Natasha (The Stanislaskis: Those Wild Ukrainians #1)
  • Luring A Lady (The Stanislaskis: Those Wild Ukrainians #2)
  • Falling for Rachel (The Stanislaskis: Those Wild Ukrainians #3)
  • Convincing Alex (The Stanislaskis: Those Wild Ukrainians #4)
  • Waiting For Nick (The Stanislaskis: Those Wild Ukrainians #5)
  • Considering Kate (The Stanislaskis: Those Wild Ukrainians #6)