Start by marking “Jackpot: A Swindle Mystery” as Want to Read:
Jackpot: A Swindle Mystery

Jackpot: A Swindle Mystery

(Swindle #6)

The sixth installment in the Swindle series, in which The Man With The Plan gets a new rival . . . and the search for a missing lottery ticket becomes a hunt of epic proportions.
JACKPOT: the top prize in a game or lottery; a sensational and unexpected success, stroke of luck, windfall, bounty, pay day . . .
What would you do with $30,000,000? That's the question everyone in
Published November 25th 2014 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 7th 2014)

Start your review of Jackpot: A Swindle Mystery
BrycentC_E2
The Man with a Plan is out on another adventure. Griffin Bing and his team are out to find a lottery ticket worth 30 million dollars until 6:00 on October 6th, when the the ticket will be worthless. But this task isn't as easy as any of the other missions Griffin has attempted. His rival, Darren Vader, will stop at nothing to find that ticket. A new kid, Victor Phoenix, is also searching for it, and he has an advantage that Griffin wouldn't have guessed.

This is an action-packed novel for anybody
Ravi Bedi
I am not going to lie, I put this book down when I had about 65 pages left for a couple weeks. I was not really into the book. After just finishing the last half, my opinion on the book changed. I think that the book was okay in the end. I think quite a bit of people would like this book, they just have to stay with it because at times it is a little boring.
Zachary Bohrod
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book was outstanding! It was fun to read because it had a lot of funny things. Also it had so many details which made it even better than it already was. It was about Ben,Griffin and Savannah who find out that there is a missing lottery ticket out somewhere in their town. I thought it could have been different is some parts. I thought some things could be more interesting in some parts. I think that fourth through sixth graders would like this book as much as I do. Gordon Korman is a great w ...more
Anthony
Griffin Bing convinces the gang to get back at Darren Vader for all the times he's bullied them, but the plan backfires as Griffin finds himself an outcast as the search for the owner of a mega-million lottery ticket is underway. Goofs, antics, and bruised friendships keeps the pages turning to the final outcome.
Andrea Cox
Interesting story about true friendship. It’s so tough when bullies pit friends against each other, but there is hope that they’ll all choose to do the right thing. Fun adventure and mystery!

Content: crude humor, replacement profanity, lottery (big theme/plot), bullying
Ms. Yingling
Griffin is back, still bedeviled by Darren Vader, and still hanging in there with his group of friends. However, there is a new kid in town, Victor Phoenix, who seems to hate Griffin and be intent on stealing all of Griffin's friends. When Griffin finds out that Victor was the target of bullying at his old school, he hopes to dissuade his friends from hanging around with the kid, but the plan backfires. When the news hits the town that a $30 million lottery ticket was sold nearby and needs to be ...more
Tarissa
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has to be my favorite book in the whole Swindle series. Loved it.

A deadline is approaching, one that could leave one person in the world $30 million dollars richer... or not. Our favorite group of kid schemers are back... and they're going after a missing lottery ticket that hasn't turned up in almost a year's time; if the winner doesn't collect soon, there's no money. Griffin Bing and his friends get involved, except, this time, they're not working on the plan together.

EVERYTHING we thoug
Dawnie Campbell
I am a huge Gordon Korman fan. This was not my favorite book of his. There were so many things that happened that almost had me rolling my eyes because they were soooo unlikely. I kept thinking, "Seriously, what are the odds that...."
I did enjoy the book, however I did not find it to be as action driven as his other books I have read. Some people have said that they like that it is more character driven, yet I don't see that I found myself attaching to the characters. And the way the book ended.
Bobby Rohlfes
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is a fantastic book with a little bit of mystery, action and suspense. It is about a group of friends named Savanna, Logan, Pitch , Ben, and griffin. Griffin got into some trouble. Then a new kid named victor comes to there school but does not like Griffin. It is griffins plan to find out why victor doesn't like him. There is one more part to the story, a person that lost a thirty million dollars and don't know they won. It is griffins other plan to find out who has the thirty ...more
Brian
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dmitry Jakobs
The book that I decided to read as my book 8 was "Jackpot" by Gordon Korman. This story is about a young boy, Griffin Bing aka "The Man With a Plan", who has yet another crazy and adventurous plan. A 30 million dollar lottery ticket has gone missing but that is not the biggest problem for Griffin. There is a new kid in town and he is "stealing" all of Griffin's friend which is also his team for putting plans into action. Griffin has to go around 3 towns in Long Island searching for a lottery ti ...more
J.T.
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this book a group of friends is investing a lottery ticket worth millions that won a while ago but it never was cashed in. About a week before the ticket expires they decided that they wanted to find it and try to cash in some of the money. They investigate people who have been known to buy lottery tickets at the store that it was purchased from and they search a few that have been know to be hoarders or people that lose things.

This book is a great read. It grabs your attention page after pa
AMY
Jun 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Grades 4-5
200 pages. Another book in the Swindle series with more crazy adventures of the crew. This time the man with a plan decides to find a lottery ticket that has only a little while before it will expire. It has been almost a year and no one has claimed the winnings. A new boy comes to town named Victor and he is pretty sneaky. He weasels his way into the crew and manages to oust Griffin in the process. This one seemed to take forever to read and lacked as much excitement as the others, but fans of ...more
Alfredo Valle
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alex Tovar
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. The characters were amazing, the plot, the problem. Everything was just perfect in my opinion. The characters were trying to find a lost lottery ticket worth $30,000,000 dollars. The deadline for the ticket to be cashed ends in a month and they are trying to find it. They check through the records of everyone who bought a ticket that day, and eventually they find it and get it cashed 2 seconds before the deadline ends.
Richard Federline
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Picked this up in a book sale and found I was missing some information about the realtionships of the characters but did not find this to be a hinderance.

While the problem to be solved, both in relationships and in the hunt for a great financial end, makes for intriguing reading, the use of unique characters and circumstances makes for a great read.

Will be passing this on to a teacher of middles schoolers.
Mason Laughlin
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book it was about the 6 kids trying to find a missing lottery ticket for 33 million dollars. They check the security cameras at the store the ticket was bought from and wrote down suspects. They go around town searching for the people who could of been the owner of the ticket. read the book to find out if they find it.
Marc
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ms-majk-1-2
This book I really enjoyed reading this book. This book kept me reading just so I can figure out what happens at the end. The book was suspenseful throughout the whole entire book. After I finished reading this book I felt this is one of the better book that I read . At the end this book was great all around.
Reed Ohrtman
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I normally do not enjoy fictional books but this book I enjoyed even if it is fictional. Overall the whole hunt for the 30,000,000 dollars was fun to see the characters go through all of this. I would like to read more books by Korman because of the way he writes his books.
Shendel Haimes
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Griffin Bing, the man with the plan, is determined to find a 30 million dollar unclaimed lottery ticket. He gets help from a doberman, a strange invention, and a hippie. Will they be successful? https://youtu.be/odIlIbiVJs0 ...more
Logan Canada
A group of friends Griffen the ¨man with the plan ¨ and his team of friends go to look for the famous lottery ticket before Darren Vader goes ot to find it. Darren Vader got so close to getting it but Griffen and his group of friends snatch it from his hands.
Brian
Mar 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jackpot, by Gordon Korman, is a standard mystery book that I didn’t really enjoy. It did teach a powerful moral that people shouldn’t fight against others to get what they want. I thought that the best parts of the book were when different people were doing different things, yet Gordon Korman made it all seem flow logically. There was never a confusing part in this book at all. Something that I didn’t like was the fact that the conclusion to the book came just a few pages after the climax and I ...more
Ryan
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think it is very kind of the kids to give the grand prize to Mr. Fielder. And it is unusual when you run into someone who donates 3 million bucks for the library.
L. Mitchell
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hate this app how do you read the book
Dude18
Oct 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. My least favorite so far of this series....though I am reading them out of order.
Xenophon Westie
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!
Barrette Plett
It was fine, but a little unsatisfying.
Isaac Moore
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was very good I liked the details it had!
Claire L
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Xavier A. allulli
this book was really good when I read I read it a few years ago and its definiletly good for younger readers
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Spy School Revolution
  • True Legend
  • Gym Candy
  • Big Nate: Hug It Out!
  • Big Nate Blasts Off (Big Nate Novels, #8)
  • Waste of Space (Moon Base Alpha, #3)
  • Treasure Hunters (Treasure Hunters, #1)
  • Mission Unstoppable (The Genius Files, #1)
  • Garfield Survival of the Fattest (Garfield #40)
  • The Last Musketeer
  • Great Minds Think Alike (Big Nate)
  • The Big Time (Football Genius, #4)
  • Storm Warning (The 39 Clues, #9)
  • Big Nate: Say Good-bye to Dork City (amp! Comics for Kids)
  • The Homework Machine (The Homework Machine, #1)
  • Lost (Magic Thief, #2)
  • Fuzzy Mud
  • The Deep End (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #15)
Korman wrote his first book, "This Can't be Happening at Macdonald Hall", when he was 12 years old, for a coach who suddenly found himself teaching 7th grade English. He later took that episode and created a book out of it, as well, in "The Sixth Grade Nickname Game", wherein Mr. Huge was based on that 7th grade teacher.

Korman moved to New York City, where he studied film and film writing. While i

Swindle (8 books)
  • Swindle (Swindle, #1)
  • Zoobreak (Swindle, #2)
  • Framed (Swindle, #3)
  • Showoff (Swindle, #4)
  • Hideout (Swindle, #5)
  • Unleashed (Swindle, #7)
  • Jingle (Swindle, #8)