Start by marking “The Law of Ueki, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
The Law of Ueki, Volume 1

The Law of Ueki, Volume 1 (The Law of Ueki #1)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  191 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Ueki has a special power. He is able to change garbage into trees. This power he got from Kobayashi. Kobayashi is a candidate for the next god. There are lots of such candidates and only one 'll be the new god. To become the god their favorites must fight with the other candidate's favorites.
Published August 8th 2006 by VIZ Media LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Law of Ueki, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Law of Ueki, Volume 1

Meghan
Jul 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, manga
My husband and I both read Volume 1 and 4 (those are the volumes we owned) of this series. We both regularly read manga and agreed that for us this series is only okay - neither bad or really good. The books both had a unique premise, the characters abilities and skills, as well as how they gained and lost them was one of the high points of the books for us. As well as the main character's Ueki's sense of justice and spirit. However I didn't really feel like many of the characters stood out for ...more
Dzikrina Ilmanita
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Adanya perebutan kursi dewa membuat Ueki harus menerima kemampuan khusus dengan konsekuensi kehilangan satu persatu bakat apabila bakat itu digunakan untuk melukai orang. Akan tetapi, kejahatan yang merajalela dimana-mana memaksa ueki untuk menggunakan kekuatannya terhadap orang jahat tersebut. Dia tau bahwa konsekuensinya adalah kehilangan bakat-bakatnya, termasuk bakat dalam hal yang disukainya yaitu bakat lari. Akan tetapi, demi menolong orang dia tidak takut kehilangan bakat2 itu dan tetap m ...more
Shadowjac
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Someone whose never read shonen manga before.
Shelves: shonen
At first glance I thought it was going to be a more mature Leave It to PET! due to what appeared to be a large focus on recycling, needless to say it wasn't. The actual plot was about a boy, Ueki, who turns trash into trees, it's a power granted to him by his teacher, Kobayashi, who wishes for him to participate in a tournament. If he wins the tournament, Ueki gets whatever power he wants, and Kobayashi gets to be a celestial king, so basically BakéGyamon minus monsters.
First the art. The art is
Bena
Apr 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ueki Kosuke is chosen by Kobayashi into a battle against other candidates to fight for the talent of blank. (The ability to obtain any power) However, Ueki has the most weakest and useless power, the power to change trash into trees. It might be eco-friendly, but it not the most efficient way to take down your enemies. In the process of assisting others, he loses his talents. The depletion of his talents, can allow him to disappear from the face of the earth. Little does he know that his sense o ...more
Fudz
Nov 07, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-book
Komik yg satu ini menurutku tergolong unik dari tema cerita.
Yaitu mendukung GO GREEN!,entah secara tidak langsung atau tidak , komikusnya punya inspirasi dari jargon:
REDUCE,RE-USE dan RECYCLE.
Klo aku bnr2 punya kekuatan mengubah sampah menjadi pohon.
Pgnnya membuat jakarta seperti New Zealand. PSi keren!
Pastinya polusi di Jkt akan bekurang, krn banyaknya pohon..
Trus klo ada yng nebang2 pohon?
G usah takut, bikin aja penjara dari pohon alias hutan, kn nantinya di terkurung,tersesat, kelaperan,kecap
Angela
Jun 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoyed Shaman King, who likes trees, or who is looking for a fun, light read
Shelves: comics
This manga is fast paced, goofy, and hilarious. It's very entertaining!

The art style is loose and appealing. It's not "slick" but instead has a hand-done, slightly rough look that I really enjoy. The story moves along quickly. The style of comedy is very random.

The main character reminds me of Yoh from Shaman King - blase and a bit detached, coasting through life, but willing to get serious when things get tough.

Overall this is a really good, light read.
HaveYouSeenThisGirL Denny
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I have watched its anime series when I was in highschool, I liked it a lot. My brother bought all of its volume last month, I didn't have anything to do last night so I decided to read its first volume and it never changed, I still liked it! It's so cool and funny! They still look so young in the manga, nevertheless the story is still the same story I've seen in the anime series. I'm going to start reading the next volumes. :)
Seno
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pertama kali baca The Law of Ueki itu 25 Mei 2006 (setelah lihat dilabel yang aku tulis setiap kali habis beli buku atau pun komik). Begitu lihat cover dan sinopsinya langsung aku beli. Dan ternyata aku langsung suka!!! Gambarnya bagus dan ceritanya beda dari komik kebanyakan. Kocak juga sampai sakit perut karena ngakak terus. Pertarungannya juga seru.
E
Oct 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
LOVE THIS BOOK! Ueki is such a strong character and I love all of his friends and foes! The villians in this story arre miraculously drawn and so creative. I love the feeling of always wanting to know what's next and thinking about this book all the time! The art and storyline are both soooo awesome!
Joyzi
Feb 27, 2011 marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: Fans of Shonen
Recommended to Joyzi by: Recyl
Haven't read the manga but I've watch the anime. This is very similar to Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. I like it because it is funny and action-packed but at the same time it also has a heart and the back stories of the characters are really well done.
Wee!wawaLAA!!!
Nov 26, 2008 is currently reading it
I have also read a preview of this in the Shounen Jump magazine. Yes, I love shounen. Anyways, it was fairly entertaining, so I suppose I'll get into its depth sometime.
Dillon
Oct 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is, like, one of the best mangas ever. Fukuchi is a master of humor.

So great. Read it.
Karaoke OK
Apr 08, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-okay
[Series Length: 16 volumes / Read: volumes 1-7]

(Would you like me to post a short review of this series? Feel free to place a request in my GoodReads InBox. Thanks!)
Daffa Ramajaya
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
a very good comic
Simbahenom
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
lupa kalo pernah baca ini zaman SMA dulu...kayaknya pernah nonton animenya juga ^^
Apri
Feb 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Bokurano: Ours, Vol. 1
  • Nightmare Inspector: Yumekui Kenbun, Vol. 1: Lost Things
  • Claymore, Vol. 11: Kindred of Paradise (Claymore, #11)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, Volume 1
  • Fair Peril
  • Le Portrait de Petite Cossette 1 (Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, #1)
  • GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka, Vol. 6
  • Gakuen Alice, Vol. 03 (Gakuen Alice, #3)
  • O-Parts Hunter 2 (O-Parts Hunter, #2)
  • Prince of Persia
  • Rave Master, Vol. 35
  • The Ivory Lyre (Dragonbards #2)
FUKUCHI Tsubasa
Name (in native language): 福地翼

Blood Type: A

Zodiac: Aquarius

Was an assistant of INOKUMA Shinobu (just 2 days).

SAKURAI Ato and AZUCHI Ryo were his assistants.
More about Tsubasa Fukuchi...

The Law of Ueki (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Law of Ueki, Volume 2