Start by marking “Confidential Confessions, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Confidential Confessions, Volume 1

Confidential Confessions, Volume 1 (Confidential Confessions #1)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  383 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Confidential Confessions is a shocking new manga series that deals with many of the hard-hitting issues that teens face today. Using emotionally moving storylines and multi-dimensional characters, each groundbreaking volume tackles such topics as teen prostitution, rape, HIV, stalkers, suicide, and sexual harassment. Enlightening without being preachy, Confidential Confess ...more
Published July 1st 2003 by TokyoPop (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Confidential Confessions, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Confidential Confessions, Volume 1

Aravena
Buku berisi dua cerita lepas dari Reiko Momochi, pengarang yang baru pertama saya baca. Kalau berdasarkan buku ini, tema narasinya 11-12 dengan Keiko Suenobu (Life, Limit) atau Setona Mizushiro (X-Day) . Sama-sama cerita remaja wanita dengan isu-isu seberat karung beras macam penggencetan, keluarga broken home, prostitusi remaja, depresi, niat bunuh diri....

Cerita utamanya berjudul The Door, tentang cewek wristcutter bermasalah yang bertemu 'Asparagus', seorang cewek korban bully.... mereka pun
Lysistrata
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: culture, prostitution
aka, TRIGGER WARNING: THE SERIES.

There's no way to get around it: CONFIDENTAL CONFESSIONS is dark as all hell, and the first volume of the series has no problem sucker punching the reader in the gut without warning. Aimed at addressing then-current problems faced by Japanese teenagers, CONFIDENTIAL CONFESSIONS touches on serious topics like suicide, depression, prostitution, and bullying frequently and without patronizing its audience.

The first story is "The Door," which tells the tale of two su
Sarai
Sep 13, 2009 rated it it was ok
This has two stories in it, both of which are dark and depressing. The first is about cutting and suicide and the second is about prostitution. I think they are both supposed to leave the reader feeling uplifted and hopeful, but they just left me feeling down.
Natalie
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very...dark. But not bad! The art was amazing, if not somewhat plain, and the dialogue was perfect! Can't wait to read the second!
Marie Hurt
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Dark and depressing.
Mosley Allen
Jul 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, gothic-horror
I remember reading this manga back in Middle school, re-reading it as an adult my skin still crawls when I read the first story. The second story is probably one of the favorites out of the series since it's not so dark and has a underlining love story, even if it doesn't end just as you hoped.
Jules Jones
This is a shoujo manga series and thus aimed at teenage girls, but rather than being the stereotypically light and fluffy, this one is fairly dark and tackles some serious issues. The first volume has a long story about bullying at school and teenage suicide; there's also a shorter story about teenage prostitution.[return][return]I couldn't get into it at all, but I think mostly because it's not my sort of thing, and as a middle-aged Brit I'm not the target audience anyway. Skimming through it, ...more
Brigitte
Jul 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
Confidential Confessions is about a girl named Manatsu. She has a very unhappy life, she hates her mom and friends, then she meets a new class mate. This girl is going through the same things and they become friends. After a while, this new class mate persuades Manatsu into thinking about comitting suicide. Manatsu's main external conflict is her new friend making her want to die, she main internal conflict is if she should kill herself or not.
I can connect this book to the real world. In lif
Samantha Arias
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
I'm just going to leave one big review for the whole series rather than writing them individually. It's been years since I read them. But I remember them quite well. This is one of my favorite series I've ever read. And warning a head of time, its a pretty dark one. So if you can't handle stories about drugs, prostitution, rape, suicide, etc.. then stay away. This series brings to light some of the struggles teens today face, and some adults. Not all the stories have a happy ending. But they do ...more
Akita Alvarez
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm rereading this book this year for my reading challenge AND because I love this series so much. I wish it were longer, thought. What I love most about it is that most of these stories are relatable and they don't always have fairy tale happy endings. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that. It's not all peaches and cream in Confidential Confessions, and I've been looking for a gritty manga just like this one. If you like the type of stories that aren't graphic and have super happy endings where everyone gets ...more
Melanie Fair
Mar 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Alright, story one: I thought it was quite believable. Coming from the same place as the main character, I sympathized with her. I really liked the first story and thought it tackled the subject of suicide rather well.
Story two, or as I call it the bonus story: ...less believable. Ryo is just a two-dimensional good guy, who doesn't get slightly upset over anything at all. It put a sour taste in my mouth for the story, but it was still decent.
I do believe I will be continuing this series. Even if
Robert Beveridge
Reiko Momochi, Confidential Confessions, vol. 1 (Tokyopop, 2000)

Momochi's highly controversial series takes the form of diaries (or confessions, naturally) of people in crisis. The first volume in the series contains two stories: one about a girl and her friend who make a suicide pact, the second about a teen prostitute who finally finds love, but is blackmailed into turning one last trick. The storylines are pretty predictable, but the artwork is very well done and the characters' emotions come
M.M. Strawberry Reviews
Oct 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reiko-momochi
This series is comprised of just six volumes - rather short compared to countless other manga series - but the stories are powerful and gripping. Each manga is different, but I will concentrate on just this one. I myself was a teenager when this first came out, and found myself riveted by these stories. In this one, suicide and bullying along with prostitution are discussed (in two separate stories) and I can honestly say that I am glad that I wasn't driven to such choices.
Lara
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is just amazing. At first, I don't understand who cut at all first, but after reading this, I cant definitely say that I understand them now, but I I have that idea on what they are going through. It was so heartbreaking. It makes me cringe but it was so amazing on its realistic portrayal of this controversial things.

duniamimpigie Anggi
Saya lebih suka cerita kedua "Mistake" dibanding cerita pertama karena rasana lebih manis sekaligus pahit *apa ini*
Saya pengenna sih cerita Ryo dan Satsuki berlanjut, misalna di masa depan nanti mereka bertemu kembali dan ternyata mereka masih saling cinta...
Atau nggak.
Atau rasana cerita itu paling pas dihentikan di buku ini.
Julia Navarro LeBeau
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I suppose since I have suffered through depression and could relate to how the girls in the first story feel, the end did give me hope. The second story is sad but very sweet and I would like to believe the girl gets the guy at the end
JttR T
-and secrets
Crystal
Jul 31, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 2010
This series deals with various controversial subjects that young women are dealing with in today's society. For the most part they are tackled well.
Jenn
Feb 25, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga-artbooks
Confidential Confessions, Book 1 by Reiko Momochi (2003)
Mii
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great read!
Sylvia
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Any one who has been through hell.
Recommended to Sylvia by: No one. I found it in Borders.
It's a great manga. It describes the horrors and personal secrets/demons that many people go through and face as an adolescent or adult.
Jess
Jun 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
I was shocking. It is considered young adult, but I felt they were sensationalizing cutting. I would suggest readers over 16.
Sara
Nov 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
The rating given for the manga as a whole is determined by the stories in the manga.
The Door ****
  • Flunk Punk Rumble, Vol. 1
  • Wild Act, Volume 1
  • Mermaid's Gaze, Vol. 3
  • X-Day, Volume 2
  • Life, Vol. 2 (Life, #2)
  • Saikano: The Last Love Song on This Little Planet, Vol. 02
  • Short-Tempered Melancholic and Other Stories
  • Legal Drug, Volume 03
  • Marmalade Boy, Vol. 8 (Marmalade Boy, #8)
  • Descendants of Darkness, Volume 10
  • MARS: Horse With No Name (Mars #16)
  • Sensual Phrase, Vol. 6
  • Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 2
Reiko-san is treasured by manga fans in Japan for her unflinchingly realistic portrayal of the myriad serious issues facing teens today.
More about Reiko Momochi...

Confidential Confessions (7 books)
  • Confidential Confessions, Volume 2