Start by marking “Divided We Fall (Dog Tags, #4)” as Want to Read:
Divided We Fall (Dog Tags, #4)

Divided We Fall

(Dog Tags #4)

Man's best friend goes to war.

LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE.

Andrew believes in the importance of loyalty. He is loyal to his family. He is loyal to his hound dog, Dash. And he is loyal to his country, the Confederate States of America.

Although he's too young to join the Confederate Army, Andrew is welcomed into the Home Guard, a group of men who track down deserters and runaways.
Published April 29th 2014 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Divided We Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divided We Fall

Start your review of Divided We Fall (Dog Tags, #4)
Angel Velasquez
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Animal spirit

This weekend i read “ animal spirit fall of the beasts’’ by Victoria Schwab. The book was about two kids called Abeke and Ronald. They are searching for zurick the bad guy in the village.

As Abeke and Ronald are searching for the village they found Abekes friend that is going to take them to the village, but in the way they face a storm and they stop for a while.

When the storm had stopped they started the journey to the village. It was still gray in the sky, when they got to the
Lane Nett
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Personal Response:
Overall, I enjoyed this book because it is very relatable. In the book he found a dog that he trains, and when I was younger I always got to play with my uncle's coon hounds. The author did a good job at keeping the reader interested throughout the whole book. My favorite part was when the dog, along with Andrew, tracked and captured a deserter. Overall, I think this is a well written book.

Plot Summary:
It is 1862 and the Yankees and the rebels are fighting for their way of
Mrs. Strudthoff
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Andrew lives in the South during the Civil War. His best friend is his bloodhound Dash. Andrew's brother Julius has gone off to fight for the Confederacy and it has been a long time since Andrew and his parents have heard from him. Andrew wants to fight in the war, too, but his parents won't let him go. So he settles for working with the Home Guard, a group of boys and men who hunt for deserters. Dash's tracking abilities make Andrew very valuable to the Home Guard. After they "trap" their first ...more
Caleb
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In this book it is about a boy whose brother has gone off to fight in the Civil War and left him to care for their parents and his beloved hound dog. The boy is starts to help out in tracking down deserters and runaways because he wants to help to do his part in the war as well.

Along the way he is able to see the how the war is effecting everyone in both the North side and the South side. I really liked how the author put this storyline together and I liked it a lot.
Richie
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this book the main character Andrew sets off with his brothers dog to go and find his brother who suddenly went missing. For anyone that loves dogs at all I strongly recommend this book to you I know you will love it.
Lisa Acevedo
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very Inspirational

This novel set about two brothers, their parents, and their Bloodhound Dash from Mississippi set in the Civil War is fast paced and thought provoking. Told from the point of view of the younger brother Andrew.
Jayden P
In the beginning, it was kind of confusing and the middle got intense then it got kind of dull
SFrick
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animal-classics
I found the author's (C. Alexander London) research in writing the book of value, which made reading all the more enjoyable. So the content is fictional but also in the could be true category.
Adam
Sep 26, 2017 added it
personal response- This book is for anyone with an interest in the military or war movies. I felt like I was watching a movie because I could imagine everything happening. It was easy for me to understand and keep me reading.

Plot summary- Andrew and Dash find deserters until he gets word that his brother Julius has left the army and went missing. The Union burns their house and takes all their things when Andrew is set on getting his brother to go back to the fight. He meets many new friends
zapkode
{My Thoughts} – “War makes boys into men before their time,” Pa had said. I hadn’t even seen the war yet, not really, and I already felt about a hundred years old. Divided we fall by C. Alexander London

Andrew is a twelve year-old boy during the Civil War. His older brother Julius is a soldier in the Confederate Army. His older brother was forced to enlist because their father was too bad off to be of any service to the Confederate Army. While Julius is gone he writes his family and he tells them
Timmy
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Divided We Fall by C. Alexander London tells a story about a boy during the Civil War time and how it affects him. The story talks about how the boy and his best friend, a dog named Dash, live their life on a farm and end up going into his older brothers footsteps. This is one of the top books that I have read because it is full of suspenseful events that keep you on edge. London did a fantastic job at foreshadowing, but not giving anything away. I would recommend this book to anybody that ...more
Trevor Valdez
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dogs Tags Divided we fall, is about a young teenager named andrew. Andrew lives in the time of slavery this story take place in Jackson, Mississippi. He undergoes lots of hardships and all kinds what would seem like family separable troubles. Andrew has a brother named Julius and a mom and dad, Andrew calls ma and pa. I believe that the characters in this book seem very believable because the time and setting and the people in this book seem to do and say seem believable of someone of that time. ...more
Randy Daugherty
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
War, where hero's are made, but young Andrew is to young to join the Confederate Army and help fight tyranny. His family did not own slaves, his pa didn't think it right,they just did not want someone else deciding their way of life for them, so while Andrew stayed home his brother Julius was off fighting.
Dash was Julius's dog and no finer hound dog was to be found, he could track racoons, varmints, as well as deserters or runaways. Then Shermans army captured Meridian,and in the wake Andrew
Sam B.
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the DOG TAGS series But this book gave me a completely new view on the fact of animals in the military. Before this book I never really thought about what it was like to on the confederate side of the war and how it felt to always be losing ground so the north could take its victory and I never really thought about deserters and runaway slaves on the southern side. Also the little records that they kept throughout the war. This book really makes you think if all you have ever ...more
Nicholas Romash
Dec 13, 2013 rated it liked it
This book was okay. It got off to a slow start and it took awhile for me to like the character. It took place during the Civil War in Mississippi. There is a boy named Andrew who is loyal to the South with Dash his Coon Hound dog. Together they go searching for his brother. Who went missing in action. So they both go through a ton of obstacles to get to him. This book was okay like I said it took a slow start.
Matt
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dog tags number 4, which is Divided We Fall is based on the Civil War and the events that happened. Basically , there a teen named Andrew who is a simple farm kid lives with his Ma and Pa. One day the Civil War started and Andrew decided to join the war.He signed up to be apart of the Confederate Military but he wasn't accepted. Fortunately, he was accepted into the Home Guard which is a defender soldier. Andrew was used to hunting but, this was a different type of hunt.
Ryan Teplitzky
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This series of books I was always fond of because of the fact I can understand the book, meaning I have a 110% comprehension. I liked this book in the series the most because I remember being taught about the events that occur within this book, as well as the fact that I understand the universal theme that comes from this book. I would recommend it to anyone who likes historical fiction, or war adventure books.
Evan Gaby
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I highly recommend this book series it keep's you interested and you want to keep reading it gives a good look on history and action. This book itself is one of my favorite from the series while it gives you a look of how war was back on the 1800's and how life was it gives you a look into how a twelve year old boy feels with only his brother Julius and his dog dash in war.
Kevin
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great war book. It told of a young boy who's brother goes in the military. He bonds with his dog when he looks for his brother. This is a good book if you love drama. The boy cries and gets angry at some points in this story. If you want to find out more read it!
Pearson Martin
It was a very good book. It really shows what goes on in war and how people can change. There is a lot of action and shows a really good theme. I would reccomend anyone to read it. It showa what people sacrificed for family members or freinds.
Brayden Brownell
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is very good because it is a war book and it talks about a guy and his dog as partners. I would definitely recommend this book for anyone who is into the blood and explosions and stories of the solders.
Dayne
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book describes what the southern people went through during the Civil War very well.
Izak Baron
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think that this book was really great and amazing at parts but a little boring at other parts i do recommend this book
Dj Devore
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great book about a soldier and his dog.
Riley Hoeper
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
In this time line this is taking place during the civil war.Max and his parents are living in the south and his big brother is sent out in war,Max and his dog were out finding food for his family when he suddently found a slave in the trees.Max tired to get her down but she wouldn't budge,soon though Max got her down,but instead of capturing her he let her go.When Max went back home he found his house burned down,good news was that his parents got out safly.Max and his dog went out to find his ...more
Jordan
Oct 12, 2017 added it
Aaron
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good I recommended to read the series
Murraymcflurry
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book was a good read, but it was not unheard of. It is the story of loyalty, courage, redemption, and the horrors of war, which as many of you probably know is nothing new. I do like the fact that its is about the battle fields of the civil war, something that is very scarce in reading today. Also it says this is a book for children in the third grade and above, but there can be very graphic chapters at times.
Matthew McClanahan
Dog Tags; Divided We Fall
There were two main author's purposes in writing this book. One purpose was to have the reader experience what it was like to be in the civil war. Another was to have the reader experience what being on the south's side of the war, and their view on the war. I would say this because normally when you hear about the civil war you hear the north’s view of the war. In this book you hear about a southern boy joining the army.
The theme of this book is to always do what is
Elisa M.
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
April
Divided We Fall (Dog Tags, #4)
C. Alexander London

This book is about a young boy named Andrew Burford. He believes in loyalty and serving his country. Although Andrew is too young to join the army, he is welcomed into a Home Guard, which is a group that hunts down runaway slaves and deserters of the army. Andrew is not alone while doing this, he has his hound dog Dash to help him out. This job is tough and scary, but with Dash by Andrews side they can accomplish anything.

I believed that

• I Pledge Allegiance (Vietnam, #1)
  • The Right Fight (World War II, #1)
  • The Journal of Scott Pendleton Collins: A World War 2 Soldier
  • Dead in the Water (World War II, #2)
  • Sharpshooter (Vietnam, #2)
  • Code of Honor
  • Casualties of War (Vietnam, #4)
  • Free-Fire Zone (Vietnam, #3)
  • Alive and Kicking (World War II, #3)
  • I Think You're Wrong (But I'm Listening): A Guide to Grace-Filled Political Conversations
  • Girl Online (Girl Online, #1)
  • I Survived the Attacks of September 11th, 2001 (I Survived, #6)
  • I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944 (I Survived, #9)
  • I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 (I Survived, #4)
  • I Survived the San Francisco Earthquake, 1906 (I Survived, #5)
  • I Survived Hurricane Katrina, 2005 (I Survived, #3)
  • I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912 (I Survived, #1)
  • I Survived the Japanese Tsunami, 2011 (I Survived, #8)

Dog Tags (4 books)
  • Semper Fido (Dog Tags, #1)
  • Strays (Dog Tags, #2)
  • Prisoners of War (Dog Tags, #3)