Start by marking “Fighting Fate (Granton University, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fighting Fate (Granton University, #1)

Fighting Fate

(Granton University #1)

Forgiving your brother's murderer may be noble, but falling in love with him borders on betrayal.

When Paige Zukowski enrolls at Granton University in honor of her dead brother, she has no idea fate will land her on the same campus with the very guy who killed him. But Logan Xander isn't quite the murderer she's always believed him to be.

A day hasn't passed since the trage
Published July 16th 2013 by Omnific Publishing (first published July 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Fighting Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fighting Fate

Start your review of Fighting Fate (Granton University, #1)
Blacky *Romance Addict*
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

What would you do if you fell in love with the person who caused your brother's death?

What would you do if you felt guilty for having feelings for a person whose life you practically ruined?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This was such a beautiful story.
I have to admit, I'm not a fan of angst, and this book had plenty of it, but honestly, I didn't mind it one bit because I loved the romance between the main couple.
It was sad but still sweet, and I just loved it :)

The story

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

On her first day in college, Paige has the misfortune t
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
*Contains some spoils...cause seriously, I got to get this off my chest.

I'm just lost. What the heck was up with that ending???

I mean, seriously, this was a real solid read up until 60%. But I'm still laughing at how convoluted the plot got. She should have just stuck to the blurb but noooooooooooooooooo.

She had to go and make terrorists and boy geniuses and sexual harassment. I know I'm always the one to say that authors need to branch out and try new things, but honestly? Yeah, no. Not this.
Fran
I honestly didn't expect to love this as much as I did. I just really wanted to read something that had a bit more drama since the last couple of books I've read were mostly all rainbows and butterflies.

I was pleasantly surprised though that this didn't have a lot of angst—not over the top angst, that is. Considering how "tortured characters in college" usually are, the way Paige and Logan handled themselves, and the heartbreaking situation they were in was very convincing to me. I was complete
♥Rachel♥
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I adored this story! I had so many emotions bubble up in me, and spill over with both happy and sad tears. I can’t believe I’m still a bit weepy as I type up this review (happy tears)!

It’s amazing to think that with one stupid and thoughtless act you can ruin so much. That’s exactly what happened to Logan on one tragic night while in high school. His mistake reverberated through both his family and Paige’s. For three years they both have been in their own nightmare of grief.

Paige’s bro
Dilek VT
3,5 really...

This is not a book in the Forbidden Men series of Linda Kage but somehow, it is still about the love between a guy and a girl, forbidden for one another. :)))

First of all, let me say that this is about teenagers going to university. I thought some years would pass and they would grow up to be adults but no, it is all about one year and a half at college… So, if you need something hot or adult, don’t pick up this book because there are a few kisses and one “first” for our virgin girl
Nadia Awadi
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reread 6th of september.

Rating 4,25 stars {1st read: 3stars}

In all honesty this book had a lot of PROBLEMS. A LOT. From the overdramatic ending to the cheesy lines with a lot of topics not fully discussed. I should've hated it. But LOGAN, omg, he was so broken, tortured and nice. My heart melted. Along with my remaining brain cells.

The book is about the forbidden love between Logan and Paige. One ended a life. The other is trying to live. Both are suffering. Waiting. Praying. For a second ch
~♡AB♡~

4.5 Stars. I really enjoyed this book, I love a tortured hero and I really was rooting for this one.

Paige hates Logan but when fate keeps putting him in her path, can she fight it?

This is a book about forgiveness and hope and forbidden love.
Sara
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book! It was a different story told, so that was refreshing..

This was the story of Paige and Logan.

When Paige was 15 her brother Trace was killed. It was accidental, but when its your brother, you cant see it that way. She and Trace were very close. After losing him, her mom went into a depression, her dad became a mean drunk. Then 2 years after losing Trace, she lost her mom. After graduating high school she heads off to college, but not to follow her dreams. No. Shes going
Jacqueline
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 mucho drama-rama stars

Yikes the poor soul in this suffered some truly terrible luck. Fortunately only a tiny minority of us ever suffer any one of the life affecting experiences in this book, yet the poor gal experiences five. In three years. Yikes.

This was - mostly - a sensitively written tale about two people finding forgiveness and redemption after a traumatic experience. These two are attracted to each other, but she has to get over her hatred for what he did and he needs to find forgivene
Jenn
2.5 Stars

This book will pull at your heart strings as your emotions will come out to play. I definitely felt the: anger, pain, hurt, sadness, guilt, and grief. What I did NOT feel, buy, or connect with was the love connection. I could see how possibly Logan comes to the conclusion on his own, being in love with Paige. What I couldn't buy was Paige's love for Logan. Maybe at the end I could see it but before then? No. The bridge to connect those feelings came too late in the story for me and they
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Paige is trying to live the life her dead brother would have lived...

But fate has other plans...

In doing so she comes face to face to her brothers murderer...

My thoughts

3 things I don't really like reading about
1. Weak/annoying heroine
2. H/h declaring their love for one another in a matter of days
3. Silly misunderstandings once the H/h get together

And I am happy to say that this book has none of the above.

What I loved the most was the writing, it was easy to get into, the story kept moving with
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

This story reminds of combination of One Tiny Lie and Deeper We Fall.
If I would read this book first, I might have enjoyed it further.

This story is all about forgiveness, redemption, hope and love.

Paige expects to meet Logan, her brother's murderer in her class. Both of them were staying away from each other and fate brought them closer.

"I guess you kind of interrupted us mid-transformation between relationship statuses"

photo couple.gif

"I can't remember the last time I really wanted a girl. But I want you,
Nadine Wilmschen
Wow. Just wow.

I had this book on my 'to read' shelf for ages but I couldn't make me read this story. I love new adult books and so I came back to this again and again but the blurb sounded so strange and kind of disturbing that I decided this wasn't a book for me. I deleted it from my shelves and that was that.

Some weeks ago I read the "Forbidden Men" series of Linda Kage and fell in love with her writing and when I checked her other books out, I realized that she wrote the one book that I had
Aishah
Linda Kage has me under her spell

This is a second book I've read by her under 24 hours and this one was just as perfect as the first one. However it's way more heavier and depressing as it deals with loss, suicide and almost - rape.

In fighting fate we get to know two broken people dealing with a haunting past in their own way.

Logan Xander made a big mistake one faithful night 3 years ago that has haunted him ever since. What was supposed to be a fight ended up being a murder. After that he's
Pea
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
* 4 yea stars *

The hero and heroine of this story are two lonely souls who weren't living because they were consumed by their grieving and guilt from their past.

At the beginning I didn't like Paige because she seemed a little bit boring, dull and lifeless. Because of that I was even tempted to put the book aside (yeah I know, I do that a lot :)).
But the more I read, the more she changed. She realised that her presumptions towards Logan were false, she began to let the past go and started to live
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
This was a solid read. Very well written. Storyline was also different--which was great for a change. It didn't WOW me but I definitely enjoyed it. It was also a standalone with a HEA! Yay!!!

Fighting Fate is the story of Paige and Logan. Paige's brother Trace was killed when he was 18, with the one responsible going free. As a result her dad becomes an alcoholic and her mom ends up committing suicide. Paige's life is never the same. Since Trace's life was cut so short, Paige decides to live his
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
*Leaning towards 4.5 Stars*

Half of a moon dangled among the glittering stars, just like half a man stood next to the most dazzling female he'd ever know.

I don't know....this totally wasn't what I expected. In more ways than one, I was completely prepared to dub this 'meh' and move on. And let me tell you why: reviews. People's reviews, whether glowing or not so fond of, littered the board with explanations that lead me to believe that my earlier impression of what the story would be was enti
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this one. I liked both Paige and Logan. I loved that, for once, a hero with a tragic past tried to make his life better rather than becoming a man-whore. It was a refreshing change of pace.

The story is dramatic - as you might expect, but I didn't feel feel overwhelmed by the angst. (Though thinking about I probably should have given everything that happened - especially to Paige. )

Overall a drama filled but enjoyable story about forgiveness and second chances.
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

Fighting Fate is book one in the Granton University series and is a New Adult Contemporary Romance written by Linda Kage. I received this eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review through AToMR Tours .

5 Mind-Blowing, Beautiful, Heartbreaking Stars!
Angsty, Amazing, Awesome and Astonishing! I Could NOT Put It Down!

The Review:
Every once in a while, I'll finish a book that is just to affecting for words. A story so poignantly bea
Shantal  (VERIFED BOOK LOVER)
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was like whiplash and I found I couldn't stop reading it . The events were so infuriating yet I had to continue,maybe because the plot line is close to home . I really felt so annoyed at the heroine ,but I could understand and rationalize all her emotions of anger and hatred. She really has had an hard time dealing with circumstances in her life. She picked up in the second half and blew me completely away.

The hero was so sweet ,he was such a conflicted being with no hope of anything good.H
Sara (sarabara081)
Sometimes I really crave a read on the angstier side and that's exactly what I found with this one. So many things really worked for me and the story being told here and I was glad things moved on the slow side. There were just a couple moments where things and pacing didn't quite follow what I expected and hoped but overall a really great read. ...more
Kenny Danewitz raveh
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars actually because the last event felt kind of cheesy.
I enjoyed this one very much, truly I could read similar books every day!!!
Loved Logan very much and really felt for him. Loved the way Paige have grown and just couldn’t put the book down.
Vickie***
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5/5 stars for the hero who is a "bad thing magnet" and the heroine who uses the word "twofer"

after reading the "price of a kiss" i went to read linda's other books. This plot grabbed my attention, like it grabbed me and shook me buy the shoulders and said READ ME, OR ILL KILL YOU...so i read it

i loved it LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT (i'm still shocked that she wrote delinquent daddy because i still don't like that book)
i read a book where that may be somwhat similar to this. girl falls in love w
Michelle
Oct 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!
This book had me crying like a baby all night. Yes...I was up all night reading! Nothing new people:-) lol
It all started three years ago when Paige's brother Trace was killed at the age of 18. The one responsible never punished. After such a tragedy Paige's father becomes an alcoholic and her mother goes to a very dark place in her mind.
Paige decides to go to college five hours away. This is where her brother wanted to go. She wants to do what her brother couldn't. She decides to live h
✿kawehi.reviews
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copy
The good: Solid read! Story was different and enjoyable and the characters were fairly likable.

The bad: Hmmm????

My thoughts:
“What would you do if you met the person responsible for your brother’s death?” Well, this rings true for Paige…

I have to say that “Fighting Fate” took me by surprise. I was extremely weary and skeptical as to how Ms. Kage was going to portray this tale and I have to say that I was quite satisfied with her execution!

I loved how mature and real Paige and Logan were.
Bev
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this is one of my favourite reads of this year. Absolutely LOVED the characters, ugly cried for Logan - OMG that xmas eve scene GUTTED me, totally. A brilliant story, fabulously told although I just wish we got more about the reunion with his "parents" - and I use that term very loosely! Those f*ckers need to GROVEL for years and they still would not begin to earn redemption for what they did to Logan.

The steam/sex wasn't heavy but this book did not need that. It was all about their stor
Nasreen
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Dammmmmmmnn….this was an awesome read. One wouldn’t think you would be able to believe Logan’s redemption and guilt he was going through but the author has managed to do just that. I loved the storyline, even though it was really sad, this book got me like……...

And the whole Doris Wade thing….what the what??? Hectic!!!

Paz
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Oh Lordy. My eyes are so puffy. I loved this so much. I felt it from the moment Logan and Paige laid eyes on each other that I'm in for a crazy-out-of-control-feelings ride. My heart was palpitating the whole damn time. Every emotion, every dialogue and every action was convincingly conveyed throughout the characters' journey in healing, redemption, forgiveness and finding love with the most unexpected person. A beautiful 5 star read for me :) ...more
❤️Melanie G.
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Loved, loved, and loved this story. It is filled with everything that I want in a story…love, heartbreak, tragedy, hope, and HEA!! Paige and Logan are 2 souls that are tortured by their past and struggle with the future. However trying to move towards a future there are bumps along the way and they get over them beautifully. Wonderful book and added as a favorite. Must read!!
Oriares
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Logan Logan Logan Logan Logan 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Just re-read it for the 2nd time and I still love it so unbelievably much ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

And re-read for the 3rd time and still love love love love it!

• Puddle Jumping (Puddle Jumping, #1)
  • The Art of Falling For You (Falling, #1)
  • Scoring the Quarterback (The San Diegan, #2)
  • Empathy (Empathy, #1)
  • Ramsay
  • Brutal Heir (Court University, #1)
  • The Fall Up (The Fall Up, #1)
  • Falling for Autumn (Falling for Autumn, #1)
  • Looking to Score (#UofJ, #1)
  • Falling for my Brother's Best Friend (The Baileys #4)
  • Boarded by Love (Bellevue Bullies, #1)
  • Aftereffect (The Order of Ravens and Wolves, #1)
  • Dearest Clementine (Dearest, #1)
  • Wicked Bedmate (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Tall, Tatted and Tempting (The Reed Brothers, #1)
  • Flat-Out Celeste (Flat-Out Love, #2)
  • Play with Me (With Me in Seattle, #3)
  • The Fadeaway (Smart Jocks, #2)
Linda writes romance fiction from YA to adult, contemporary to fantasy. Most Kage stories lean more toward the lighter, funner side with a couple meaningful moments thrown in that center around love and hope. Focuses more on entertainment value and emotional impact than realism. She likes the drama and crazy, over-the-top plots that make you cry then laugh, get mad then sigh happily.

Published sin

Granton University (3 books)
  • Loving Lies (Granton University, #2)
  • Believing Bailey (Granton University, #3)