Start by marking “Anna Brookes: In Training (HiT, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Anna Brookes: In Training (HiT, #1.5)

Anna Brookes: In Training

(HiT #1.5)

Imagine watching your Father die in front of you because two men were sent to take you. The two men were sent by Roman Murphy, the boss of Hunter Inc. The sole job of Hunter Inc is to train and produce assassins.

Anna Brookes, a 15 year old girl with a love and panache for precision and handling of weapons was sought out by Hunter Inc.

One evening she encounters Lukas, a man
ebook
Published April 5th 2014 by Margaret McHeyzer (first published October 2nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Anna Brookes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anna Brookes

Margaret
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
***5 TRAINING HOT STARS***

What can I say about In Training?

I loved writing this story, it shows Anna when she was somewhat naive and innocent, yet still strong. She was thrust into a position where her choices were limited but she embraced them and ran with them.

photo IT1_zps2e2861db.jpg

There's something about Anna that I find to be enthralling and captivating. Her tough exterior, her passion for being the best Assassin in the world and her undeniable cold demeanor, makes me think that she can hold her own in any situat
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a short read and I devoured every page of it!

I loved loved loved it! To say the ending didn't shock me is an understatement.

This tells the story on how Anna became "15" the assassin.

My heart broke for Anna, at 15, she watched her father get killed... At 15, she had her first kill.... killing Damon and Nox, the two men were sent to get her and killed her father.... She lost her home.... tying to survive on her own with no destination. Then faith must have it planned for her when she me
Crazy about Bookz
Jul 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Ms. Margaret for the copy! ❤❤❤ I loved the first book and this novella,

The story is set when Anna was only 15 years old, where she lost her dad and committed her first kill. For such a young age, she choose the dangerous path that not common to other girls. In order to be the best she has to blocked all her emotions and solely focus on her mission: revenge.

I loved woman who can kick some a** and have a very strong personality. Who can be dangerous and sexy as hell, and Anna is a whole
Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: october-2013

4stars

WTF was that ANNA aka 15?? WHY? WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT?

I had just had one problem with the book ....
(view spoiler)

Well now I can't wait for the second book!

**********************************************************
Oeee this is live!!

Escape from Reality
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing

ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review

5 Stars *****

Anna Brookes “In Training” Novella is the latest release in the HiT Series by author Margaret McHeyzer. And again Margaret’s Chick Lit with edge story sits on my favorite’s list.

It is a prequel to her marvelous novel “HiT 149- Anna Brookes First Chapter” and how she became the world’s best assassin at the ripe young of fifteen.

After losing her father Anna Brookes had nowhere to go and no one to turn to, she would risk herself and a
Zakirrah BookBlogger
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Learning-To-Kill Stars!!

Wow!
This is a short brilliant novella giving an insight on Anna's childhood, how she survived after her father was killed.I totally loved the first book in the HiT series and couldn't wait for more.This is fast-paced and you will have it read in no time as it takes you into the Anna's life as a child.She never got the time to have a normal childhood, then again was she ever normal? With guns as her friends and her only family being her deceased father she had to grow u
T.H.
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, action, drama
4 **** SHOOTING STARS!!!!

ARC received for an honest review...

Anna Brookes has everything she has ever known taken from her in a split second except for one thing...her god given talent to take out a target.

Being a 15 year old female is not easy when life throws a few punches at you, but for Anna she learns more than her trainer is willing to accept.

Will trust get in the way of the job or will both Anna and her trainer learn a valuable lesson?!?!?

FAVORITE LINES....

Oh that sound. I just love it
M.H. Grace
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An amazing Novella. 5 Stars.

I had so many questions that I needed answers to about Anna's youth after reading Margaret's first book in the HiT series "HiT 149". And with this Novella they were all answered.

This Novella could be read first in the series as an introduction to Anna Brookes and her team, which is the insight into how Anna Brookes becomes '15' the world best assassin. Or just in the order the author has released them.

A quick read that has the introduction and background of some of t
Katey Jane
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you're already an Anna Brooks fan you will enjoy this if not then you will be when you read this. Only downside - I've got so many questions and the next installment seems so far away.
Joyce
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Can't wait till the next book!
Trish -  Novels In Heels
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-reviewed
4 SHOOTING STARS

Wow, this is an excellent short novella giving us insight into the life of Anna, her survival after her father’s death and how her life changed at age 15.

15 is the age my life changed.
You'll address me as 15.

Saving and meeting Lukas was in Anna’s destiny. But was it the best thing for her?

Lukas is the best at what he does – he’s an assassin. He sees Anna as an opportunity to make her just like him, possibly even better.

He works and trains her hard and endlessly, because only the
Twin Opinions
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it

This is a great short! It lets you into Anna's background and I loved it. I really wanted to know how Anna became who she was after her fathers death. I was so caught up in the last story with all its action and mystery I didn't wonder much...

After diving into this short story I was very happy. Most shorts I find lacking in someway. They are just too short for me. This short was perfect for what it was. It answered any lingering questions you had about her past and filled in those questions you
Reading Write
Dec 26, 2013 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars from Kota for Kota's Book Kollection

"This novella provides an insight in to Anna Brookes’ training. It essentially fills in the gaps between Anna as a young person, to the Anna we know today. Margaret takes us in brief on how Anna received the training she required to become the best in her business, and the relationship she had with her mentor." - Kota

For the full review visit

Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is what I needed to read to understand how Anna became the assassin she is in Hit 149!
Is amazing how a girl, a teenage girl can be so strong and determined to success in her live!
In this book you will get to know Lukas, the assassin that trains her, you will see that hes not a bad person, but he will do anything to make Anna what she is today!
The end of this book blown me away... as always, Margaret books do this to me... thank you!!! :D
Adriana Fuentes
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved reading about how Anna became who she is.
Luke.... was just O_O awesome!! Lucky her for her first!!!

Just one tiny question. Did Luke (view spoiler)
Tate
Sep 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
and 15 is born!!!!

image:

image:
Alicia
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a great, and quick, read. I loved learning about how Anna became known as 15. The book doesn't specifically have to be read between books 1 & 2, but I think it helps give more insight into the following books if you do.
Rachel Hicks
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a novella, super short but pack a lot of info in that little bit of time. You get the back story of how Anna became 15. I loved it and the ending, well that was one hell of a shocker but really did help me see why Anna is the way she is. Loved it!!!
Jasmine Cafe
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesomest training EVAH!! And the ending AWESOOOOOOME!!!!
Mandee
Sep 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good stuff!
Mariah Bowman
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a great explanation of her training! Another 5 stars! Loved every word!
Marie Arbuckle
Aug 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice novella which has helped fill on any questions onto Anna's development into a assassin and the woman she became. Well written and as with the first I highly recommend.
Jackie
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very good!! not sure on ending!! X
Cara
110% improvement from the first in the series Hit 149.
Maureen Mckenzie
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great read. Loved the more in depth of Anna's training.
Nicola
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing book. Amazon series. This is the beginning of 15. And here we find out how she became 15! Amazing read. Just gutted I've finished the series
Sonal
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A ruthless assassin, what's not to love about 15. This is the story of how Anna became 15, the top assassin. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Diane
Jul 27, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars- I would have rated this book a 4 or higher if I hadn't had more questions at its end than I started with. It was a good read, as I learned a bit more of what happened after Anna's father was murdered.

NOTE: SPOILERS AHEAD!

However, it wasn't explained why A met Lukas as she did. Did he set up the situation in the park, knowing who she was well beforehand or did she truly stumble into an attempted assassination? (And if it's the latter, why was one of the best hitmen in the world sittin
Anett Simonsen
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was as good as the first one. I really love that Anna gets to be badass and not a damsel in distress even with her past. And Lukas was kind of sweet. This book shows what happened right after the turning point in Anna’s life.
Still in “love” with the series. Keep up the good work
Penny Lisle
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a great insight to Anna! It covered how her training came about and who was responsible for the introduction to this life of an assassin. Any back ground information is always good to know!!!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Binary Law (Boston, #1)
  • Catch (Assassins #1)
  • Cursed Heart (Cursed, #2.5)
  • Hearts Under Siege
  • Daddy's Boy (Risk)
  • Irresistible Deceptions
  • Lawyers in Love, Books 1 & 2 Boxed Set
  • Love and Mistletoe (Ballybeg, #4)
  • Sweet Talk Boxed Set
  • Arrow to the Soul (No Mercy, #2)
  • Reprisal (Contrite, #2)
  • A Taste Of Country (Country Love #2)
  • Liquid Courage (Liquid Regret, #2)
  • Color of Forgiveness (Color, #2)
  • Misjudged (Death Dwellers MC #3.5)
  • Edge, Episode One (Edge: Season One #1)
  • Beautiful Rose (Beautiful Rose, #1)
  • Obsession

NEW YORK TIMES BEST SELLING AUTHOR OF UGLY AND MISTRUST

**Write something worth reading**

I'm Margaret and I'm a self-published author.
Recently I was fortunate in obtaining New York Times best selling status on my YA/NA book - Ugly, and my YA book - Mistrust.

My last three books have been YA and I'm completely in love with the genre. I love being able to communicate with people through my words and s

HiT (4 books)
  • Hit 149 - Anna Brookes First Chapter (HiT, #1)
  • Hit for Freedom - Anna's Battle (HiT, #2)
  • Hit to Live ~ The Finale (HiT, #3)