Start by marking “Repair My Heart” as Want to Read:
Repair My Heart

Repair My Heart

Chad is a mechanic, a lonely man forced to hide his sexuality from the intolerant people in his town. Takoda is a satellite repairman still troubled by a past abusive relationship. When Chad called to get his satellite fixed, he never expected someone as beautiful as Takoda to show up. Can Chad fix Takoda's broken heart? Can Takoda repair more than just Chad's satellite?

Th
Published July 15th 2013 by M/M Romance Group @ goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Repair My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Repair My Heart

Zeoanne
Jul 15, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
A Note to Readers: I wasn't half way through writing this story when I received some very sad/bad news and I enter a deep depression. About three days before the due date I receive some encouraging messages from those who know me on FB wanting for me to finish it. What I ended up giving you wasn't what I had planned. I did rush to reach the end but, again, it's not what I intended to write. The original story was much longer than what I gave you and for that, I apologize. I'll try and do better ...more
Julesmarie
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, free, dritc-lhnb
For a first published story, this wasn't bad. The author took on quite a challenge dealing with prior-relationship abuse AND homophobia in a story this short.

The characters, however, were interesting even if the dialogue was stilted and awkward.

I wish the author much luck as she continues developing her craft, I'll be keeping my eye out for more of her work.

(And WOW is the picture from the prompt hot!)
K
Jul 15, 2013 added it
Shelves: dritc
LHNB Story released 15.7.13
A story about a mechanic, closeted due to his homophobic workmates and the small town in which he lived meeting a Native American satellite repair man and the start of their relationship. This story had a lot of promise, but jumped around a bit too much in the narrative for me to really enjoy it.
Rachel Emily
This was very sweet! It was on the short side, so some things seemed a bit rushed for me, but I enjoyed it. Thank you!
dbbks3
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
Cute short story that addresses a serious subject but incompletely. Nice characters but not fully developed. This is more like a quick synopsis for a longer story.
LutaWolf
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable chocolate read. A simple boy meet boy, date, buy house but it's a well told story.
Parker Williams
Jul 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet read, especially for a first time story. I think Zeoanne did a great job with the two (very sexy) characters.
Victoria
Jul 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Sweet story. Nice interpretation of the photo and the story letter. Thank you Zeoanne for donating your story, your time and your talent.
Kathleen
Nic
Jul 30, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a super short but nice story.

Although it was a short story, it felt a little rushed, trying to get too much into a short space. The issues were only touched on and the story just skimmed the surface of the relationship. However the characters were really likable and I was so pleased to see them get their happy ending.

The ending did feel a little like the neat summary from a children's fairy tale (view spoiler)
Alex
Jul 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dritc_2013_lhnb
Kudos to the author for writing her first story and putting it out there for people to read. Unfortunately, this story doesn't work for me. Firstly, the conversations don't feel real: it's like the characters are reading from a script. For example: the long conversation at the end; and when Takoda explains his experience of being abused. Secondly, the way the third-person perspective changes throughout the story is quite confusing. Lastly, the story feels rushed. It can do with more words to giv ...more
Samantha
Shelves: mm-read
I wish I had a more wordy reason for this - but quite simply, I just wasn't a fan of this. It felt a bit too juvenile to me in some parts, and that only served to irritate me. I certainly appreciate the authors efforts though, and if you're looking for a super-sweet short story, this may be for you.
Andrew Gordon
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Nice, happy little story. I appreciate that you took the chance to put yourself out there for the world to read. For a first story, you did great. And I do love me a HEA ending, even if I can't seem to write one of my own. :P
Aya
Sorry to say, I wasn't a fan. I found it all too rushed; one minute the MC is worried about being out in a town that has low tolerance but the next minute he is telling a stranger how gorgeous he is, and then there is the ending that seemed too hastily written.
Annika
Kudos to the new author and I'm sure more experiences will improve her writing and story telling. Keep on writing!
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Another sweet story from the LHNB event and the author's first published story.

This is a sweet fast little read. Hearts and rainbows and cupcakes, great for between heavier and angsty reads.
V
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Even when it felt like a horse racing of how fast everything happened, I still loved it.
Seiran
This was a cute and sweet story, and I thought the author did a great job, being it is her first published story.
Janie
Nice first story. Its too bad this was for Love Has No Boundaries because this would have the potential to be a great long book, possibly a series. I wanted more. Good job!!
Misty

Nice little story !

Thank you Zeoanne!
Lucy
Jul 20, 2013 added it
Congratulations to the author on first published work!
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
It was a cute story but it seemed like a kid wrote it. Words were repeated in sentences and the dialogue was weird. Hopefully the author gets better.
Melanie~~
A quick, easy short. Nice.

[NOTE: I rate most writing event stories (free reads) 4 or 5 stars because of my appreciation of the author's participation.]
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
For a first time story..I think it was good. It had some parts that would have made for a wonderful full length story. Thanks for taking the time to write for us!
Jilrene
Jul 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, short-story
Lila Hunter
The story felt a little unrealistic.
Cathy Brockman
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a very sweet story. I loved how the two men found each othr and connected. I like the little bit in the bar scene if you like sweet romances with a little heat this one is a good one!
mw138
Gail Thompson
This is a free story written as part of the Romance without boundaries event. This is where writers of M/m romance were asked to select a photo and writing prompt supplied by a fan of the genre and write an original tale.

This is a story about a car mechanic that hides the fact that he is gay as he lives in a small town with a lot of prejudice. He meets the satellite repair guy and forms an instant connection. Most of this book is predictable but the characters of Chad is likeable. This story is