Start by marking “Riptides (Silver Strand, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Riptides (Silver Strand, #4.5)

Riptides

(Silver Strand #4.5)

Enzo Rodriguez doesn't take much seriously--unless it involves waves, boards, or good beer.

When too-hot-to-handle Jessica Mills strolls into his life, Enzo is willing to forego all of those things for every second he can spend with her.

But Jessica has a huge secret--and when it’s revealed, it not only crushes Enzo, but has the last person he wants to ask a favor of--his b
145 pages
Published October 15th 2013 (first published September 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Riptides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Riptides

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*
Sep 12, 2013 rated it did not like it

Unfortunately this book was not for me, the story was just MEH and I couldn't believe the ending was just THAT. Some quotes are laugh worth it but I want to be respectful and I don't want to laugh about an author's work.

This might be a case of it's-me-not-you book but I think this is the first time I'm giving one star to a book.

I didn't DNF it because it was just a novella and I swear I thought it would get better. It didn't.

I am sad to give just one star but this is the best I can come up with
Michelle
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had no idea if I had been accepted onto the tour for Riptides or not, so when I received the email with my tour date and my review copy of the book I may have gotten a bit over excited....like happy dance sitting on the couch excited. I love how easy it is to fall into this series, every time I pick up a book it's like returning to old friends rather than starting all over again. Every time I read a book in this series I fall in love with the male lead, deeming that person the best book boyfri ...more
Mtl55
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The lovable,funny , slacker baby brother of the Rodriguez family finally gets his chance at love but of course nothing is as it seems! I want to pause and say Enzo is perfect!! I adored him and his lovable ways!! So I knew that when he fell he would fall hard and try to be the best guy for that girl. Fortunately for us his story is far from over and so now we patiently wait for the rest of Enzo's story!
Kim
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
The tides are shifting, and I'm coming out a better man on the other side.

Riptides is largely Enzo Rodriguez's story but also brings all of our friends and family from this series back together again. Enzo has always been the wild card. He lacks direction, is spontaneous, and does not really have a set life plan. He is the easy going, fun guy in the crowd. But he is seeing his brother, sister, and friends all pairing off and settling down.

One meeting with an outspoken, intelligent, politically
Autumn Review
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, review, blog-tours
Riptides was a great addition to the series. I've always been curious about Enzo. Not only do I feel like I know him better, but now I'm anxious for the spin-off series so I can see what happens with him!

Enzo always been the wild one of the bunch. He lives to surf and claims to have a 'plan'. But, now things are changing. His siblings and friends are getting married and he's craving something more of his own. So, when he meets Jessica, he thinks she may be the one. He's never felt like
Michael Burhans
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I hated this book (Not really, just have been there, you know?). I nearly threw my Kindle. Wow, the emotions this story engendered. I love the entire Lengths series, but I think this is the best of the bunch so far. Steph and Liz are amazing, and the keep getting better,. There is a teaser in the back and I cannot wait for it!
Jolene Perry
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
FANtastic.

I love Enzo in a totally creepy stalker way ;-)

I keep thinking - THIS is my favorite in this series, and again I say - THIS is my favorite in this series.

BRILLIANTLY done and I'm DYING to read the next in the series ;-D
Kizzy
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
omg..enzo!! and that damn bitch jessica. I understand why he left and from the sneak peek at the spin off book with him and jordan, I can't wait!!!!!!

I love this series and all the characters. so.glad to see them all again. looking forward to the next book..a younger man? nice! lol
Madison Seidler
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read this and other reviews at Madison Says.

Another wonderful addition to the Lengths series by Steph Campbell and Liz Reinhardt, Riptides is Enzo’s story, and while it’s a novella, it definitely doesn’t read like it. Not only did I catch up with lots of my favorite characters, I learned more about Enzo, and I will say, there were quite a few twists in there. What I thought would happen, didn’t, and I loved being presently surprised. Now, though, I’m ready for his full-length story. I’m greedy.

G
Debi Barnes- Mean Girls Luv Books
Let me first off say that I LOVE Steph Campbell and Liz Reinhardt. I have read the others in the Length’s series and have adored each and every of them.

This novella takes place during the wedding preparations for Cohen and Maren whom we met in Depths (book #2). Enzo Rodriguez, Cohen’s brother is our hero in this story. He is just down right lovable and adorable, a hot surfer and totally swoon worthy. He has dated a lot of women including strippers but never someone like Jessica Millis.

“Not onl
Meagan
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Novellas are fun little reads that sometimes sneak in between novels in a series. At least that’s what I thought. I thought, I’d read Riptides to enjoy a light, fun little filler story that would keep me occupied until the next book comes out. But you want to know what actually happened? What happened is I fell in love with Enzo and got my heart ripped out. I went in thinking I’d enjoy a little Beckett/Rodriguez reunion and go on my merry way. I didn’t think I’d have a lump in my throat and an a ...more
Heather
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-boyfriends
I started Riptides after reading Lengths. Riptides is a stand alone companion novel in the Lengths series. If you read the first one and then read this one, you are going to want to read more. It definitely can be read as a stand alone, but after reading the first one and then jumping a few books to this one, there are characters I didn’t know yet that I want to know. Speaking of those characters, all of the characters in Steph and Liz’s series are so colorful, so full of life, and they complete ...more
Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)
Riptides is a novella about Enzo Rodriguez - the wildcard, easy going, spontaneous brother of Cohen (from Depths). Meeting the outspoken, intelligent woman Jessica Mills got Enzo reevaluating his life seeing as almost all his friends, brothers and sister are pairing off and settling down.

The story was enveloped in a very gloomy cloud. I don't know but I feel certain sadness with Enzo. Riptides makes us see a huge change with Enzo Rodriguez he became sweeter and attentive.

At the beginning, I was
Momo
Jul 15, 2013 rated it liked it

My $0.02

To be honest, for the longest time, the Lengths series wasn’t one that sat very high up on my favorites list, not that I’m saying it was or is bad, no, no, no, never! It’s just that it was another series that I easily breezed through so I didn’t give it much thought. But after the third and fourth book released, I realized how wrong I was. It slowly occurred to me that this series was so much more. Every time the next book in the series released, I noticed that I found myself very eager
Emily-Jane Wright
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.**

I absolutely love the Lengths series and though that Riptides was a great addition. There may be a slight possibility that Enzo is my favourite character out of all the books; I am not even ashamed to say it. This book was a quick read – for me!

I loved that the story was fast-paced and quickly detailed the moment that Enzo met Jess, continuing the progression of their relationship throughout the novel. I am a huge fan of the way tha
RedRedtheycallmeRed
Nov 08, 2013 rated it liked it
The Good:

*Enzo. He's just so awesome! He's a sweet, caring guy who just wants a real, grown-up relationship.

*The supporting characters. They are all here: Deo, Whit, Cohen, Maren, Adam, Gen, Cece, Lydia, Grandpa Beckett, Rocko, Marigold (love her!), Ryan and Hattie (still don't like her). We get to see Cohen and Maren's wedding and catch up with almost everyone.

*Sunday dinner at the Rodriguez house. That chapter made me LOL, it was so great!

The Bad:

*Jess. Didn't really warm up to her, and then w
Books,Chocolate and Lipgloss
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lengths-series
I have read all the books in the Lengths Series- and this was by far my favorite- even though it was only a Novella- it was action packed in one story- with a continuance that leaves you wanting more. Each Lengths’ novels can be read as stand-alone, but to read them in order makes it much better to feel the characters.

Enzo Rodriguez- is the wild child of the Rodriguez brothers- the one that would never settle down with a relationship yet alone 2-3 girls. However, that one day when Enzo meets Jes
Mimi Lovell
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, novella
When I read some of the other reviews, I was a little upset. People said they didn't like the ending and they gave it such a bad score because of that. I was worried that either, the story was terrible (That was a stupid thought, because lets be serious, has Steph and Liz EVER written anything bad??) or, someone died or some other really horrible ending that just guts you. Not at all what I was thinking. This story was a little different than the other Lengths books, which is probably why they c ...more
Erin
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it

I loved this novella. I am a big fan of this series overall, but I feel like, after several books, this brought everyone back togetlher again. We always revisit characters from the previous books, but in this one I felt like it was a book about all of them with an Enzo love story added into the mix. Every character stays so true to themselves, they have their own voice, their own value, not just background players filling up space. I can feel the love between the Rodriguez-Beckett family.

******
Shannon Williams
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is a must read. I love my surfer boys, especially this Spanish surfer. I loved all the characters and the big family. There is a lot of love and sibling fun fighting in it.
Enzo is HOT. A surfer with a body, dark hair, dark eyes, I will take one please. He has struggled with getting the wrong girls. He finally shows his heart but when Jess reveals her secret my heart broke with his. I was screaming at this girl. She made me sick.
I am giving this book 4 hearts. If you need a sweet but e
Isamlq
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
There’s one too many surfing for love analogies in this one… except as I consider the title and the series this novella is part of, perhaps I shouldn’t be too surprised or be as annoyed as I am. Except I am annoyed… bail out this and something tree that plus that distinctly uncomfortable comparison of something else to blowing one’s load? Gah… that was so not what I wanted to be reading!

What I did like: The full circle thing going for some of the old characters. More on how it’s the guy who’s be
Rumpled Sheets Blog
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
This the story about Enzo Rodriguez. Enzo is the guy who loves to spend his time surfing and drinking a beer with his friends.

One day he met Jessica Mills at a bar. Jessica is a baker. She is gorgeous, beautiful. He wanted her. He needed to have her. He didnt stop until he got her.

They got along pretty well. He loved to be with her.

But Jessica has a secret. Secret that will make him decide to leave Silver Strand and go.

I really enjoyed reading this novella. Looking forward to see what will happe
Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book
This was a good book in terms of being about Cohen's wedding but I honestly enjoyed the preview for the spin-off series more than I enjoyed this novella.
I understand why the story needed to unfold the way it did but I wish it would've been trimmed down and added to the next story rather than being a novella.
I didn't really feel as if I got to know Enzo or his love interest, which I guess was a good thing. I enjoyed the family dynamics, even if the Rodriguez parents seriously got on my nerves. T
Beatriz
Oh Enzo, poor Enzo. He's such a sweet guy despite what everyone thinks of him. Everyone thinks that he's lazy and has no drive to do anything, but it's not true. It's so sad what he thinks of himself, and what others think of him/view him as. Somehow I hadn't realized (or I'd forgotten) that Enzo is younger than Cohen. I don't know why, but I always thought Cohen was younger. After realizing that Enzo is in fact the baby brother, it makes sense why he lets people think what they do of him, even ...more
Tracy Lundy-Munn
Nov 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love the Lengths series by Steph Campbell but this book is my least favorite in the series. Loved all the old characters from the previous books but the new characters in this book were lacking. The storyline line in places were great but then in other parts they dragged. Hated the ending in this book because I'm not a fan of unfinished stories. Guess I will wait to read the rest of Enzo's story when its released. Now onto the last book in the Lengths series.
Annette
Feb 11, 2014 rated it liked it
I really wanted to give this book higher rating as I loved the rest, but unfortunately 3 is even a bit much, I felt it was rushed then it was just so unconvincing then it just ..... ended .. I dont understand why this was published I know it's a novella but even they have endings (& middles) I luv enzo, I just feel he should have had a better story like the rest!!
Rana Cortezano
Nov 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked it. I like how he grew up and became more mature but I really didn't like the girl. From the start I found it annoying how she would get mad at Enzo and it wasn't shown why she was mad. It was later on revealed but I still found her annoying. She's better off with... grrr

Anyways, I can't wait for Enzo's book!
Genna
Nov 16, 2014 rated it liked it
I was little let down with this. I've been reading them back to back and was hoping like crazy for an Enzo book. I now know his story isn't over but this was hard to read for me. I'm glad that he's going to get another shot, so I'll keep an open mind. I'm ready for Lydia to finally get some inside look at her.
Marian
Sep 21, 2013 added it
Short & sweet. I found the story between Enzo and his love interest to fall flat. It just wasn't very interesting. But some of the family scenes in this novella made me laugh out loud. Like the push up contest between Ryan and Deo.
Jessica Fay
Sep 28, 2013 rated it liked it
For my full review, please visit http://swooningoverbooks.blogspot.com/

This novella was a great fit with the continuation of the series. The characters are absolutely great and I really enjoyed reading this brief lapse into his life. Cannot wait to read what happens next!

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • In Control (The City, #2)
  • Drop Everything Now (Picturing Perfect, #3)
  • Kat Fight
  • Making Waves (Perfect Kisses, #3.5)
  • Meant for Her
  • Color Me Pretty (A Duet, #2)
  • Down 'N' Derby (Love and Skate, #3)
  • Playing Dirty (Stargazer, #2)
  • Stubborn Love (I Love You, #2)
  • 3 Sides to a Circle
  • A Beautiful Melody (Beautiful, #3)
  • Delayed Offsides (Crossing the Line, #2)
  • Trust in Me (Friends & Lovers, #3)
  • Recovery (Mending Hearts, #1.5)
  • Deciding Tomorrow (These Days, #3)
  • Gilding the Lily-pad
  • Remake (Documentary, #2)
Mom.
Wife.
YA Author.
So Cal Native.
Bayou Transplant.
Reluctant Texan.
I hate shows with laugh tracks.

Silver Strand (6 books)
  • Lengths (Silver Strand, #1)
  • Depths (Silver Strand, #2)
  • Limits (Silver Strand, #3)
  • Ties (Silver Strand, #4)
  • Drift (Silver Strand, #5)
  • Almost Lover (Silver Strand #6)
“You deserve someone you're proud of. Someone who loves you the way you deserve to be loved. Don't ever stick around with anyone who puts you on the backburner, okay?” 2 likes
“The night we met, we started off with coffee and politics, but it was one of those nights where you just can't stop talking. Where you're finishing each other's sentences, and it's like you've just met.. but also like you've known each other forever. Where you find yourself telling secrets that you've never told anyone else before in your life.” 0 likes