Start by marking “Lasting Pride (The Pride #4)” as Want to Read:
Lasting Pride (The Pride #4)

Lasting Pride

(The Pride #4)

At almost eighteen years old, Roberta Stanton had grown up a thief, taught by her father, the best in the trade. Breaking into the old brick building was easy, the rewards had been high and she'd got away with it. Or so she'd thought, it had only cost her the lives of seven of her best friends.

Ten years later, now Rob found herself on the other side of the law. Tracking d
Published July 2nd 2013 by Jill Sanders

To ask other readers questions about Lasting Pride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lasting Pride

↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
★★★★Lasting Pride by Jill Sanders (The Pride Series Book 4)

I was given this book as a Beta read in exchange for my honest review.

This book is set to be released around Oct 2013.

This was another fine book by Jill Sanders. This is the fourth book in the Pride Series, although it almost felt like it didn't quite belong.

This is the story of Ric and Rob. When Ric's gallery, The Blue Spot gets robbed it's up to Portland's finest to solve the case. While answering questions and showing the police ar
Jill Sanders
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Stay tuned for Jill's newest romantic suspense series - The Secret Series will have you on the edge of your seat.

Coming soon, a new Contemporary Romance Series of three sisters struggling to save their ranch in Texas in the Cowgirls Ride series.

Just in time for Christmas, unwrap this steamy holiday romance tale - Red Hot Christmas is sure to deliver a very happy holiday.
Jeanie Jackson
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense, romance
While I love all of the Pride books, I think this one is my favorite. It was great seeing Ric again and the mystery that Rob (Roberta) Stanton investigates draws them together in spite of the fact that she has no intention of developing a relationship with anyone involved in an investigation even though he is not a suspect. This mystery one was well orchestrated.
3.5 Stars

Review coming soon...

Challenges:
♥ RRRC October 2018 Monthly Challenge #4. Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Cynthia
This started out with mystery, a little thrill and danger which gave it top marks for me. This was more of a suspenseful read that I come to expect when reading or listening to a book. Taking place in the lovely town of Pride that I have come to love with wonderful characters you can relate to that become your best friends. What do you do at a young age when your father is a thief? You become the best of them as he teaches you the life. For Roberta life was not easy growing up she lived a hard l ...more
Strider28
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I truly enjoyed reading this book! The book starts out 7 years before the present and introduces us to one of the main characters. This background is important to understand the present day personality of the character.

The main characters in this book are strong and I felt like I was right there with them in the story. Roberta Stanton aka Rob grew up on the streets and led a hard life. After a gang attacks her "street family", Rob is left alone. But a cop with a kind heart takes Rob in and chang
Terisa
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Roberta Stanton (Rob) never had a normal childhood. She was raised by her father who was a thief. She was taught to pick pockets like a pro by the time she was six and crack open safes by the time was ten in less than ten minutes. When most kids her age were in bed asleep she was robbing liquor stores and houses with her old man. It was the only life she knew until the day that one tragic accident took away everyone that she held dear to her but at the same time it saved her.

Ricardo Darby (Ric)
Trish R.
Aug 13, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a decent story but, really? Her name was Roberta but she was called Rob. The bad guy who tried to kidnap her was Robbie, the sheriff of Pride was Robert AND Roberta’s father was Robert Stanton. Not much thought given to names in this book. I thought that was just ridiculous.

I was surprised at who was trying to kill Ric but I feel like there were a few unanswered questions overall.

There were several sex scenes but nothing that led up to them, no desire, no want, no feelings, nothing. Ju
Carol
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Roberta (Rob) was a thief taught by her father to be the best. After his death, Rob drifted with a gang who are are all killed one night after a raid by Rob. Ric is the owner of art galleries all over America . He is in Portland to oversee an exhibition when his assistant is killed during a raid on the gallery where several paintings and sculptures have been stolen. Rob has become the youngest detective on the Portland police force and is tasked with finding the thief and killer while protecting ...more
Lisa Survillas
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A romance and a lil mystery all in one. I liked this series. This last one adds Ric to the family that we've been reading about. He is a well off art dealer with many galleries. He has a heart of gold but hadn't met the one. When his gallery is robbed he comes face-to-face with a beautiful detective. They have to deal with each other a lot to solve the crime an as they do, the craziness gets worse and their lives are threatened multiple times. I laughed at the way their story ends...cute turn! S ...more
Michele
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
**3 1/2 star rating**
I received a free ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I really enjoyed this book and I think it was well written. I liked how both Rob (Roberta) and Ric were able to come together even with everything that was happening to them. There was definitely some sexual tension through most of the book between the two. :)
My only issue with the book was that I found quite a few words that were spelled wrong. Many of the miss spellings were just an extra letter on a word either was mi
ZETTER
Opposites Attract!!!

Ric Derby and Roberta Stanton come from two different worlds but when they first meet, they can't denied there's an attraction between them.....No matter how hard Roberta tries to stay clear of Ric she finds herself getting drawn into his orbit....They both find out some life changing secrets regarding their families.....Despite Roberta's efforts she falls in love with Ric....Another magnificent novel by Jill Sanders.
Dawn-Ann
Ok, I really liked the characters a lot. I just feel like this book was shorter than the others and I didn't really like that. I wanted more time with them!!!

SPOILER*******

And then I was confused at the end. Are we supposed to know who Rob went to work for?
Nila
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story!
I loved that a former thief becomes a cop and then meets rich art gallery owner and catches another thief stealing his art, while discovery who they really are. Not the usually boring romantic story line at all, lots of twists.
Alison Davies
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm absolutely hoooked on this series, Jill is an awesome writer..
Making you laugh, cry, smile and get angry..
No matter the story, she's gets you hooked from the very first page and makes you fall for each character!!
Tanya Eby
This one had some great action and a bit of mystery, but still returns the reader to the lovely community of Pride, Oregon. I also loved how strong the heroine, Roberta, was and her connection with Ric.
Glmomich
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved reading this book. Once again I couldn't put it down.
Quin
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i was going to say so far I like this one the best, but then I like Megan's story. I also liked Iian and Allison's story.
Jane Devanna
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this is the best one so far in this series.
Kayleen Halpin
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love how each book brings you back to the Jordan Family and the Town of Pride. I haven't been able to put these books down.
Michelle
Sep 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed the others in the series. This was a fun and quick read.
Micky Cox
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A mysterious series of thefts and murders has got Roberta Stanton searching for the killer and charged with keeping Ric safe, unless he's the guilty party. An interesting plot with multiple layers of storylines to keep you intrigued and turning pages. A steamy romance with just enough hot sex to please the romance reader while not straying from the mystery layer of the plot. I am a fan of this series and this book just confirms my continued devotion to it!
Patricia L. Thomas
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I would enjoy ed it more if there were car less errors in the book. I do not know who you hire but they do a really bad job of copying. I hope your print !copies are free of such errors. I do enjoy your books and read them more than once.

It is so nice to have a series involving families with a connection. You have books I haven't read yet.

Janice Fisher Bowman
Jill is a new author for me .... what a wonderful surprise ... I loved the Pride Series and read all the books within one week ... Each book took me further into the lives and town of Pride ..... I feel as if I am part of a new family .... To me, books are a way to "escape" for a little while what is going on around you .... This series goes way beyond that ... thank you Jill !!!!
Kirstie Ibrahim
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm really loving this series. I was wondering if we would hear Ric's story and what a great match he has in Roberta. Ric's story was interesting with its family secrets that came out. Roberta also had some of her own family secrets which came out. A great read.
Suzanne
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The fourth book in the Pride series, this one is my favourite so far. The main female character Roberta Stanton is a very strong woman. She had a rough start in life, being raised by her single father, who was not such a good person. He was a thief, and raised Rob as one too. Through a series of events she got to change her life around..this is when she meets Ric Derby.

Ric comes from a wealthy family and now runs a chain of art galleries. Rob comes into his life when a robbery has taken place a
Ann (Noumena12)
Although I was looking forward to Ric's story, this was my least favorite of the series. I think it was because I had different expectations for the book. This book appears to be trying to bridge between the characters in the first three books and the new Secret series which I assume will continue the story of the Derby family. Characters are important to me and are largely a factor in how well I enjoy a book. I'm looking forward to seeing where the Secret series goes.
Jance Bowman
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kristal
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this installment of the Pride series. You get to see the characters from the previous books and learn more about Roberta (Rob) and Ric. The characters are likable. The storyline is interesting and unique. I definitely recommend Jill's books.
Goodreads Author ...: Beta Readers Wanted 1 20 Jun 11, 2013 03:34PM
Connecting Reader...: Book box set printing??? 1 10 Jun 11, 2013 03:33PM
Goodreads Authors...: Beta Readers Wanted 1 11 Jun 11, 2013 03:32PM
  • Healing Rain (Rain Trilogy, #2)
  • Worthy, Part 1 (Worthy, #1)
  • All That They Desire (Wardham, #9)
  • Every Action (The Gifted Realm, #3)
  • Hot for You (Fire and Icing, #2)
  • Dust Up with the Detective
  • A Line Drawn (The Line Trilogy, #3)
  • The Falling of Grace (Falling, #2)
  • Montana Standoff
  • Protecting His Princess
  • Blaze of Glory (Special Operations, #2)
  • Honeymoon To Die For (Slye Temp #2)
  • Secret Refuge (Wings of Danger #2)
  • Brenda's Christmas Desire (Dreams Come True #2)
  • Smoke & Secrets (Vices #1)
  • Marriage Material (Red Creek Brothers #1)
Jill Sanders is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of Sweet Contemporary Romance, Romantic Suspense, Western Romance, and Paranormal Romance novels. She continues to lure new readers with her sweet and sexy stories. Her books are available in every English speaking country in digital, print, and audiobook form, and are currently being translated into different languages.

Born as an

The Pride (8 books)
  • Finding Pride (Pride, #1)
  • Discovering Pride (Pride #2)
  • Returning Pride (The Pride, #3)
  • Red Hot Christmas (The Pride, #5)
  • My Sweet Valentine (The Pride, #6)
  • Return to Me (The Pride, #7)
  • Rescue Me (The Pride, #8)