Start by marking “Do Disrupt: Change the status quo. Or become it.” as Want to Read:
Do Disrupt: Change the status quo. Or become it.

Do Disrupt: Change the status quo. Or become it.

This book is about disruption. About doing things differently. About having ideas that will change the world. That will at least change your world. It’s also about delivering those ideas.

Do Disrupt is a workbook that will help you create ideas and take them from concept to market. It will encourage you to define your customer, identify the competition…and then out-smart th
Published 2013 by Do Book Company

To ask other readers questions about Do Disrupt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do Disrupt

Start your review of Do Disrupt: Change the status quo. Or become it.
Carys
Oct 07, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
(Audiobook - did you know they’re available on Spotify?!)

Probably should’ve read the blurb for this one before listening/‘reading’ - good for any business-owners though 🙂
Pp D
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nice book!
You could use this for some quick training and in under 3 hours you can go from nowhere to an idea with a business plan (and the idea will be good) the book helps you to get your idea right and a nice plan to execute step by step.
Steve
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On the surface this Is a book about business, but its message is relevant to other changes as well. It opens by explaining why “Disruptive” is over used, and what it really means and continues with motivating ideas, prompts and exercises.

This short book -- which the author encourages you to write in to complete the exercises-- would be useful for someone thing of doing something entrepreneurial ,either on their own or in the context of an organization they are a part of. Change agents of all so
John Pabon
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review #20 of my 52 week book challenge: Do/Disrupt/Change the Status Quo. Or Become It. ⠀

Clunky title. Streamlined book.

Disruption is likely to go down as the biggest buzzword of the last 10 years. As such, it has become diluted beyond recognition. Rather than fall prey to the hype, Mark Shayler figured out how to disrupt disruption. This book is a great piece filled with real-life examples, practical business advice, and engaging exercises to take your disruption to the next level.

To find out
Kristine Anderson
Feb 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
Technically, this does help breakdown your ideas and put them into action. However, I feel as though it’s a bit gimmicky. It’s not very well designed to give reference to how you could implement your ideas, but it’s good for brainstorming. I’ll give it that. I knew what I wanted to do, but was curious if it would give me something beyond the basics. This book is good for real beginners. People who literally are stuck in their mind with no business experience practically, at least in my opinion.
sarah semark
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Meh.

Maybe I was expecting more of this? I came to it hoping for, I suppose, more a book on innovation, and what I got was a how-to-start-a-business-101 instead. It's probably good for that, but it really wasn't what I felt I'd signed up for, so I was pretty disappointed.
Mike Weston
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Many helpful ideas in this book but didn’t guess I thought it was about starting a business as much as I anticipated it being about a different way to work. I didn’t realize it would be workbooks either. Good insights just different than expected.
Peter Van
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: business, leadership
I expected a short but powerful book on Disrupt but it was very disappointing. Fun to read, but totally beside the disruptive topic.
John Thurlbeck
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: strategy-stuff
I loved this book! Easy to read, simple to understand, exercises to try for yourself, and pictures too!

If you are looking for a simple strategy development approach, and some personal reflection, this book is a must-read!
Amazon Sucks
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
I don't want to be tough on Shayler. He's a nice guy. He has not produced, however, a nice book. “Do Disrupt” is a book I approached with enormous expectation, something that would expand my disruptiveness or at least validate it. It has nothing to do with that.

At 5£, the e-book version takes a lot of punishment from being made digital. It lacks most of the visual goodness of the print edition, and you can't really write your grandiose plans on the screen (kind of).

The book failed to teach me an
Sophie
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Do Disrupt is a workbook about disrupting the way in which we do things, challenging us to think differently and to encourage ideas that will change the world (or at least our own.) It's all about thinking big, being innovative, and making a difference. I enjoyed this book more than Do Improvise but not nearly as much as Do Purpose. It's great if you're interested in exercises (involving writing and drawing, not role-playing) to challenge your creativity, encourage you to try something new, and ...more
Natalie Roberts
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book by a friend after discussing my future career plans and am incredibly grateful that I've read it.

Upon flicking through the book it may seem a little basic, as though no valuable information could be gathered, as the book is filled with pages for you to doodle your ideas. Don't be put off by this as that format is perfect for the intention of this book; to help you figure out what you want to do.

I found this book immensely helpful in cementing my future plans and clarifying
io
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Books that give readers advice often come across as condescending, sometimes even bland and boring. Not this one! It's full of nuggets of information that encourage you to think differently and creatively.

It's very interactive so you can really focus on the issues discussed, apply them to your life and get involved.
All in all a fun and informative read.
Álvaro Andoin
Aug 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Te ayuda a pensar-visualizar tu proyecto si aún no tienes claro tu propósito, ni tu idea de negocio, ni tu producto/servicio, ni tus clientes, ni tu mercado pero quieres hacer un ejercicio antes de lanzarte.
Aron
Jun 09, 2013 added it
An inspiring little book, worth reading when in need of a little motivation. Lighthearted and humorous throughout, the reader participation in particular is a nice touch.
Louise
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Was expecting a book that was similar to the way Do Story or Do Purpose were written, i.e. with more content than excercises
Rik Barwick
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Not your ordinary business self-help book! Really hands on and simply analyses your ideas and business goals!
Henrik Berggren
Good little guide on getting started with a new idea/company/project. Will definitely re-read and dive into the interactive parts.
Shatha Alemadi
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was a fun, light read sorta of a book.
Paul Ferguson
Dec 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Some simple steps to start an idea with focus.
Pencil required.
Mar 28, 2017
Devaki  Murch
Jan 02, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Do Purpose: Why brands with a purpose do better and matter more.
  • Do Design: Why beauty is key to everything (Do Books Book 13)
  • Koning van Katoren (Katoren, #1)
  • Do Breathe: Calm your mind. Find focus. Get stuff done
  • Do Lead: Share Your Vision. Inspire Others. Achieve the Impossible.
  • Do/ Story/: How to Tell Your Story So the World Listens
  • Do Listen: Understand what's really being said. Find a new way forward. (Listening Book, Mindfulness Books, Self Growth Books)
  • Fight Like A Girl
  • Stillness Is the Key
  • Company of One: Why Staying Small Is the Next Big Thing for Business
  • Last Orders (The Freeman Files, #2)
  • Bobby March Will Live Forever (Harry McCoy, #3)
  • Hunt
  • Fatal Decision (The Freeman Files, #1)
  • Pressure Point (The Freeman Files, #3)
  • The Beijing Conspiracy
  • Total Blackout: A gripping, breathtaking, fast-paced SAS action adventure thriller you won’t be able to put down (A Jack Tate SAS Thriller, Book 1)
Mark Shayler has been disrupting businesses for 22 years. He works on innovation, strategy and eco-design and has saved his clients over £100 million through smarter thinking and design, doing things better and doing better things.

He has worked with leading brands such as Coca Cola, Samsung, Proctor and Gamble, Innocent, and has improved the design of hundreds of products from pasties to houses.