Start by marking “Burn (Spark, #2)” as Want to Read:

Burn

(Spark #2)

*Contains Mature Adult Content. Recommended for 18+ Only*

Book 2 in the Spark Series

Just when Velaney thinks she is safe again...her worst nightmare comes back to haunt her.

Eric is dealing with his own insecurities as he tries to accept Velaney's decision to help the enemy...can he get past it? Will they be there for each other in the end?

Eric struggles to step aside and tr
Published September 28th 2013 by Brooke Cumberland

To ask other readers questions about Burn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burn

Joy Whiteside
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG. I loved it. I read this copy in one sitting and could not put it down. I was fortunate enough to have been given the chance to read this book from the very first draft and loved it from the very first word.

The book moved along at a great pace, had interesting characters that you fall in love with and want to see overcome all obstacles in their way and the story was fabulous. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for these characters.

Brooke Cumberland is an amazing, awesome, wonderful a
Brooke Cumberland
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The Sequel to Spark -

photo Burn5_5x8_5_BW_300-2copy_zpsb0302fc0.jpg
Lindsay

I was excited to start Burn. I enjoyed Spark and couldn't wait to find out what happened to Valaney and Eric. But early into the book, I started having issues.

My first red flag was Eric pulling out a c*ck ring. That in and of itself wouldn't be a huge deal...if it wasn't completely out of left field. There was no talk of or even any indication of Eric liking to use sex toys in Spark. So for him to pull it out...on a trip to introduce Valaney to his family...was odd. It didn't sit right with me.

Kelly Mccurdy
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
~~I received an ARC in exchange for and honest review~~

This is the second book in the Spark series. This book is HOT! There are twists and turns in the book that you do not see coming. The chemistry that Eric and Velaney is even hotter than before. Secrets are reveled, and tears are shed. You will fall in love with Eric and Velaney all over again!!

Brooke really puts her heart out there in this book. She makes you feel what the characters are feeling. I am glad that I found this author to read!
Megan
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You know when you meet a set of characters in one book, when that book ends, you immediately wish you had more of the characters?

Instantly??

Well, that was my feeling when I finished Spark.

After devouring Spark I went straight to Brooke and gushed how I loved her writing and her characters I was delighted when she asked me to Beta Spark. Now, when I don't have a daily does of Eric and Velaney I feel like my day isn't complete :(

I will do my best at not giving any crumbs away bc you don't want
Monique Machuca-Austin
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
**JUST BOOKED received an ARC for an honest review**

“Stop questioning fate, sweetheart. Just let it happen.” - BURN

If you have not read Brooke Cumberland’s Spark the first novel in the series, be sure to read it so the characters stories will explain how the events occurred leading to the second novel, Burn, and there will no regrets. Spark is the story of Velaney Rose Willis and Carissa Wright, her best friend, are roommates in an apartment after graduating from college. Velaney and Carissa hav
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, blog-tours, favorites
I couldn't believe when I received the first fifteen chapters of Burn in my email one day! I had no idea that Brooke was allowing me to beta read for her! I beta read all of this book and the author honestly didn't have to change a single thing about it! It was hot and emotional all at the same time! I completely adored the first book in this series, Spark, so to say that I was desperate for this book was an understatement! The plot of this book had developed on brilliantly from Spark! I had no ...more
Krissy
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
****ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review****

You MUST read 'Spark' before you read this sequel.

Wow, what a way to continue and conclude Velaney and Eric's story!

I loved having Eric's POV in this book, he is truly a beautiful man. We got more of an insight into his past and the events that lead him to become the man he is today. Eric is ALWAYS there for Velaney even when she pushes him away which does happen again in Burn. He is supportive, loving and very protective of Velaney
Lisa
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Honest ARC Review:

If you haven't read Spark then GO AND READ IT!!!! Burn is a 5+ star book that is the sequel to Spark. When we left off in Spark Velany and Eric were on their way to Texas to meet his family. On the plan Velany swears she sees her brother the troubled one that tortured her life. After they arrive in Texas mysterious things start to happen and Velany thinks she see's her brother Aiden all over but she can't be sure and she thinks she's going crazy. Upon returning to Boston both V
Cyndi
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really liked Spark but Burn is SOOOO much more. I got sucked in and I definitely did not want to leave. It's a continuation of Eric and Velaney and their trials and tribulations in life. You get to see more into Eric's past and how it is hurting his present. You're able to see how caring and forgiving Velaney is and how she starts opening up in more ways then one. Is Eric able to deal with her forgiving and faith? Will they be able to handle everything and stay together through it all? Will th ...more
Stacy
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Brooke has done it again. She took me right into the lives of Eric And Velaney. I finished this book in pretty much a day. As I read it I was on a roller coaster of emotions. I laughed, cried, got excited, and felt the pain that the characters felt. She found a way to make this book not only meet my expectations but went way beyond them as well. The ending was wonderfully perfect and left me in tears. Brooke is an amazing writer and I look forward to reading more of her books.
Novel Grounds
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Burn
5 Stars|Spark on Amazon|Burn on Amazon
My Review:
SO excited to have been given the chance to ARC review this for Brooke.

It jumps right in where Spark left off. Thank goodness for that because I was left slack-jawed from the ending.

This book took Eric and Velaney to a whole new level. Not even just with Brooke's writing growing and blossoming to the amazing thing that it is, but with the characters growing themselves as the story is told.

We get a lot more from Eric in this book and I loved it.
Cindy
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Synopsis:
Just when Velaney thinks she is safe again…her worst nightmare comes back to haunt her.

Eric is dealing with his own insecurities as he tries to accept Velaney’s decision to help the enemy…can he get past it? Will they be there for each other in the end?

Eric struggles to step aside and trust Velaney...but will his past keep him from doing so? Can he let go in order to move forward?

Angela
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So glad I was finally able to read the rest of Laney and Eric's story!!

I loved Burn just as I did Spark. This one has a lot more drama for poor Velaney to go through, but you know they always say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! By the end of this book, Laney should be superwoman.

Burn picks up right where Spark left off with the two reunited lovebirds on the plane headed to Texas with Velaney having spotted someone else she knows on the plane with them. After a couple of spottings in Te
Athena
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tours
Given by the author for an honest review for her Burn Blog Tour

What an amazing book and a perfect ending to Vel and Eric's story...
It's one of the most unpredictable and fascinating book series I have ever read!
You never know what is going to happen,how the characters are going to react...

CAPTIVATING
That's the one word that can fully describe the series..Utterly Captivating..

>>Velaney shows her real self in this book..She is a fierce woman,who believes in God, and she will do the right thi
Zakirrah BookBlogger
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 DRAMA FILLED, UNEXPECTED STARS!

What an ending to this series!This book is filled with drama, twists and turns and much more.It had parts which made me laugh and others which made me want to pull my hair out.Its sad to see it finish I want more Eric. Oh but I can not wait to read Carissa's book she is a great character and I am intrigued.Oh and that hot English dude, hope he stays ;)

"Can I have my girlfriend back now?" Eric pouts, pretending to feel left out.
"Oh, now you hush boy.She's our gue
Jessica Adams
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
****RECEIVED ARC FOR HONEST REVIEW***

If you thought Spark was a roller coaster ride hold on to your seats. Brooke does an amazing job picking up right where things left off. Burn will have your emotions all over the place. I have laughed, cried and been angry. I love when I can pick up a book and immediately be sucked in.
Burn picks up with Laney and Eric going to Texas and Laney swears she sees Aiden everywhere. There are a couple of BIG twists and heartaches throughout the book. I sat and crie
Irene
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, re-read, romance
Burn is in Eric's POV which is great.

Burn picks up where Spark left off. I love a book where there isn't a big time gap.
In Burn we learn more about Eric and what drives him to be a fireman. How he truly feels for Velaney. We learn about his friend ships with his cousin's and how they fell through. It is very emotional I believe.

Eric and Velaney's relationship is rocky in this story, only because Velaney runs away instead of talking it out. Aidan, Velaney's brother shows back up and it is sicken
Vicci
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing

THIS BOOK IS STEAMING UP MY KINDLE!

WOW! I thought Spark was an amazing read! Burn blew it Away!
There is so much going on in this book. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but there were times I was just shocked at the amount of stuff Eric and Velaney have to deal with. At some points, I just wanted to throw my kindle in just utter frustration at what these two amazing people had to go through!

Velaney's character was just so strong and indescribable. Her inner strength and courage made her my
Jenny Brightman Harris
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am not a person to leave 5 star reviews but this book so deserves it. The way the author takes everything from the first book and continues it flawlessly in the second is superb. There is so much that goes on in this book I am not sure what to say without giving away to much. Eric and Velaney start off right where we left them in book one on the plane. Valaney is sure that she saw Aiden but when she looks again he is no where to be found. Eric and Valaney have their share of ups and downs in t ...more
Ada Slowe
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Can I just say Brooke is officially one of my favorite authors. The first book I ever read from her was Spark and I was glued instantly I read that in one sitting as well as all of her other books. And I don't think I could love this woman anymore if I tried lol

Anyway, I'm so grateful to have been given an ARC for this book. I loved Spark a lot and I didn't think it was possible to love Eric any more until I read Burn. I read this book in nothing more than 4 hours.

If you think spark was an emot
Ange from Cover to Cover Book Blog
I have never in my life cried so hard over a book. Yes with a movie and yes with a TV show but NEVER with a book. I could not get enough of Laney and Eric. I finished reading it in the wee hours of the morning and was sobbing my head off. It was so bad that my husband woke up to check on me!

Many components of the book, numerous people can relate. I rooted for these two to finally get together and just love! I was angry at both of them throughout the book and wanted to knock some sense into them!
Christine
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put this one down

Couldn't put this one down

Loved the characters. Loved the story. Can't believe what all happened in this book. Wow a must read. Will read more from this author.
j.
This book wasn't a total let down in comparison to the first book Spark. I loved Spark so much that I read it probably 4 times right after I finished it. *swoon* Eric...
description

I definitely did not expect for Burn to be a total emotional rollercoaster nor did I expect (view spoiler). Overall the book was enjoyable and I was very happy to see Eric *sighhhh*. However, I kinda developed a strong disl
Carrie White
Aug 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Amazingly, beautifully, heartfelt written book!!
OMG I was amazed better than Spark. Holy Mother of Jesus....
It was an emotional roller coaster for me,I really felt these characters in Burn!!
I loved Clarissa's humor, OMG I laughed out loud, really loud from her!
Velaney and Eric make a super Hot couple, such passionate romance between them two.
I loved how everyone was able to get closure but most of all the delivery scene. Oh my goodies that was one hundred percent relatable. Congrats Brooke on a
Lisa Survillas
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Velany's character grow so much emotionally in this book. Her path is hard and sad, but she comes out so much stronger. Eric is one of the sweetest male characters I've read about in a long time. He loves with everything he has and his patience is never ending. I love these characters. Their love is powerful. There passion is HOT.
Jenn
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Brooke did a wonderful job with Burn. I was able to read this book while it was in the process of being written so I’ve had to reread some parts several times over, yet I never got tired of reading it. This story had me sitting at the edge of seat the entire time and let me tell you the twist and turns were completely unpredictable. I was not able to put this book down!

Velaney hasn’t had very much people to trust in her life. Aside from her best friend, Carissa, she has been pretty much alone. S
Holly
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of this from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Spark was an enjoyable read that brought us Velaney and Eric, two main characters who never understood what love really meant until they found each other. The healing that Velaney went through was amazing to watch unfold. The way she stood up to her past, the way she opened up to Eric. She's a strong person, and now she's found a reason to be happy. A reason to want to wake up in a man's arms. And that reason is Eric.

In
Amy Cox
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Synopsis:

Velaney and Eric had their fair share of ups and downs in SPARK…their love was undeniable and intense. Just
Katherine
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Burn starts right where Spark (#1) left off, we all know the monster that is Aiden, and how Velaney so desperately wants him out of her life for good, yet seeing him everywhere, he haunts her, making her see things… like him? Or is he truly following her everywhere she goes?

As Velaney tries to enjoy her getaway with Eric as they visit his family and home town, the nagging feeling that she is being watched still lingers around her. Despite the interrupted thought of a looming Aiden, Velaney tries
  • A Tattered Love
  • Clover
  • Used (Getting Inside of V, #1)
  • Disclosure of the Heart (The Heart, #2)
  • Every Kiss (Every Life, #2)
  • The Grace in Darkness (Darkness Duet, #2)
  • Running Home
  • Perfect Match
  • Without a Trace (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #3)
  • Destry (Rough and Hard, #1)
  • Lily of the Valley (Flowering, #1.5)
  • To Catch a Falling Star (Crossing Stars, #2)
  • Her (Him & Her, #2)
  • Unforeseen Heartbeat (Second Chances, #2)
  • Angel of Mine
  • Absolutely Unforgivable (Absolutely Unforgivable, #1)
  • Acquiring Hearts (The Heart Series Book #1)
  • Deception
Brooke Cumberland is a USA Today Bestselling author who wears many hats on any given day. She also co-writes under the USA Today Bestselling duo pseudonym, Kennedy Fox with her literary soul mate, Lyra Parish. She lives in the frozen tundra of Packer Nation with her husband, 7-year-old wild child, and two teenage stepsons. When she’s not writing, you can find her reading love stories, listening to ...more

Spark (3 books)