Start by marking “Love's Intensity” as Want to Read:
Love's Intensity

Love's Intensity

Brad loves fast horses, cars, and bikes. Life would be perfect if his stepmother could only mind her own business. Instead, his father hired a longtime friend and her family to work in their home, turning his world into a feudal mess.

He wants to hate the new arrivals and it doesn’t help that Kressa, daughter of the newcomers, is the most gorgeous girl he’d ever laid eyes
Published July 11th 2013 by Wild Child Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Love's Intensity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love's Intensity

Molly
Mar 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
A modern day “Romeo & Juliet? That is what I saw in Love’s Intensity by Cassandra Ulrich. The teen romance between fifteen-year-old Kressa, an employed domestic from Mexico, and sixteen year old Brad, son of a gentrified Massachusetts family, crosses cultural boundaries and creates conflict among family members and friends.

The story is gently crafted and explores in detail the nuances and emotions experienced by the young lovers during their developing affair. The reader follows every sigh,
Tonja Drecker
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was refreshing to read an inter-cultural romance. Kressa is a pure-blooded Mexican, and this is brought out very well - clashed against the all-American boy, Brad. I enjoyed the Spanish dialogue in the beginning as well as the bit of every day life and expectations in contrast to the American setting.

The characters are enjoyable. They are faced against tough situations, mostly caused by prejudice and misunderstanding even within the families themselves. These problems appeared realistic and t
Emily
Kressa is devastated that her family has to leave her home in Mexico to be employed as a family to an old friend of her mother's. The difference in status is immediate an feeling out of place, Kressa hopes to befriend Brad the son of her mother's boss.

Brad was told to stay away from Kressa, but did she have to be so beautiful. Deciding his best recourse to be abrupt and act like the privileged boy he is, h finds the guilt wearing on him and as he begins to right his wrong the connection between
Dalene
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2013
First, I want to thank Cassandra Ulrich for giving me this book for an honest review. I enjoyed the book, there was a lot of things going on in this story, some humorous, others drama. I liked the characters. I would recommend this book to young teens and young adults.
Neeny Boucher
Feb 23, 2014 rated it liked it
“Love’s Intensity”, by Cassandra Ulrich

3 Stars

There is a lot to like about this book that explores the dynamics of an inter-cultural romance between two teens, Brad and Kressa. Brad is an American high school student who has recently lost his mother and struggling to come to terms with his father’s remarriage. Kressa is from Mexico and comes to the US, along with her family, to work for the Natalis.
To the consternation of both families, not to mention Brad’s friends, Brad and Kressa begin a rel
J.L. Campbell
Oct 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Loves intensity is the story of two teens who meet each other at a time in their lives when they are both searching and exploring boundaries.

When the reader meets Brad Natali, he is in full-blown rebellion. He misses his deceased mother, hates his step-mother and resents his father. He also doesn’t have the time for Kressa Morales and her family, who move into his home as domestics. Even worse, he has to associate with her at school, which causes complications with his friends.

Kressa is unhappy
Jon Shea
Oct 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Love’s Intensity by Cassandra Ulrich brings two opposing worlds together, generating a love story in the sparks that fall. Brad, the typical American rich kid, spoiled and full of himself, resists the coming of the Mexican family that has arrived at his father’s estate to help keep it up. After a stern warning from his father to stay away from the Morales’s daughter, Kressa, Brad keeps cool. But can he fight against the fates driving him and Kressa together?

A love story, with a little supernatur
Linda
Mar 05, 2014 rated it liked it
There are some heartfelt moments in Love's Intensity as teenagers Brad and Kressa meet and become involved in a romance that develops slowly over the course of this lengthy novel. Brad's father was in love long ago with Kressa's mother, but they were divided by class and ethnic differences (Kressa's family is from Mexico). When Kressa's family returns to the US to take up residence as servants in Brad's father's household, the scene is set for a second generation repeat of a seemingly doomed rom ...more
Benny
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
: This book was unusual in a few ways. It caught my attention because the story line was unusual. However, I found it to be a hard read, the way it is written is not to my taste, the dialogue does not flow the way I like it to. It doesn’t seem natural. I also personally feel as if the book is too long, it seems as if the ending will be worth reading, but the 600 pages of drivel is hard to get through. I just feel as it too much is being repeated and nothing seems to be getting to a point. I neve ...more
Julie Powell
Mar 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was sent this book for review and found it quite well written, although I would say that a younger audience would appreciate the issues of the teenage duo, which include bullying, cruelty, spite, love, dilemmas, attraction, money, servitude and much more.

Some of the issues are dealt with well, others could be said to have needed more work, especially the thoughts and feelings of all the characters - good and bad.

A love story with extras.
N.N. Light
is currently reading it
Jan 02, 2017
Tannie
Jul 04, 2018
Cassandra Ulrich was born on the beautiful island of St. Croix, United States Virgin Islands, located east of Puerto Rico. Living in the tropics fueled her imagination and day dreams. For years, she wrote poetry and entered competitions. However, only many years later did she discover joy in writing stories longer than a few pages.

She published her first young adult novel, “A Beautiful Girl”, in A