Start by marking “Tempted (Tempted, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tempted (Tempted, #1)

Tempted

(Tempted #1)

Lucy Reid has always prided herself on her self-control, and her ability to keep her emotions and desires in check. The arrival of her new boss, Jason Young, has her co-workers competing to see who can bed him first. Lucy refuses to admit her own attraction to him, and his rude behavior towards her only strengthens her resolve to ignore her growing attraction. When a power ...more
Published July 12th 2013 by Elizabeth Kelly

To ask other readers questions about Tempted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempted

Start your review of Tempted (Tempted, #1)
Sania
Standalone/Cliffhanger: Standalone
Ages of H and h: can't tell but I'd say late 20s early 30s
Multi-Luv'n/Ménages: (view spoiler)
Was There Descriptive Sex: (view spoiler)
Descriptive Sex &/Or Drama Between H/h With OW/OM: (view spoiler)
>>If So, Before or After H/h Hookup: (view spoiler)
Contains Cheating: (view spoiler)
Amount of Sex In The Book: (vie
Jaime
Sep 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
I got this book (novella) for free on Amazon and I have to say the thing I HATED about it was that it wasn't longer!!! Elizabeth Kelly I want more!!! Sadface... Lucy and Jason deserved a full length book because I wanted to know more about them. About their pasts, their friends and their family.
Anywhoo for a freebie this book was really good so if you got an hour or so to spare download Tempted and see if you want more. I sure did...plus did I mention its free?
So I just found out that there is
Kjen
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
An excellent freebie short~~~I like that we get both POV's. Lucy isn't the 'perfect' lead female body type, but is comfortable in her own skin which is refreshing. Jason's reaction to an overheard insult concerning her is awesome. There's a continuation. I want it;)
♡ Sasha -  TEAM ELLIE. ♥
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for quick Smut
3.5 Hot Sweaty Elevator STARS ★★★½✲

Let me start of by saying... that Elevator scene... CALIENTE CALIENTE

This was a short hot read... totally free on Amazon...

Lucy hates her boss... he's a rude asshole... But, what she hates the most is how hot and bothered he makes her feel... the fact that she hasn't had time for any hook ups or bed sheet tossing in the last 6 months since he came to the company isn't helping her sexual frustration...

But that's all about to change... on a late Friday nigh
Writer
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
PLEASE IGNORE SOME NEGATIVE REVIEWS, GIVE THIS TRY!

One of the best things I've ever done was ignore a couple of the negative reviews. Though there were quite a few of 5 star reviews, I admit I almost did not get this book. the negative reviews somehow influenced me. Seeing it was free I decided to get it, and I can't tell you enough how glad that I did. This is so cute, short but fun read. it's not anymore erotic than a lot of books out there that have become a blockbuster. Having read some of t
PepsiGirl
This was a hot little read that doesn't waste time getting right to it. It all starts when Lucy gets stuck in an elevator with her gorgeous boss that she thinks hates her. Turns out he's overcompensating for his lack of controlling his attraction to her. You know how elevators are, small confined places that get warm quickly, with two over sexed people in there it doesn't take long. Chemical reactions aside Jason and Lucy realize that there is defiantly something here. Next thing j you know he h ...more
Felicity Nichols
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! It was a great read. Lucy is always in control. She never lets her guard down that is until a steamy encounter with Jason in a broken elevator. I loved watching Lucy give up control and submit to her true desires. She shows just how weak she really is and having a man take control could really change everything.

The office has a bet going on who can bed him first. No one invites Lucy to join the bet because they don't think she has what it takes to win. They snicker and talk
Bennita
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This novella was a lot of fun to read. Jason is Lucy's boss and has been attracted to her for months, but instead of acting on his feelings, he basically treats her like crap. Lucy is not ignorant to his cold attitude and when she's trapped in an elevator with him, she's not afraid to voice her displeasure as well as her pleasure. Jason admits he treated her badly because of his attraction and then proceeds to seduce Lucy. Poor Lucy never had a chance against Jason. She had no idea what to do wi ...more
Jen
Aug 22, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this novella. For a short story, the characters were pretty well developed. Some of the circumstances were a bit hard to believe, but I think the fact that I was pulled in anyway says a lot. The chemistry between Lucy and Jason was impressive. I liked how I got to watch Jason morph from single-minded jerk--in Lucy's eyes--to a guy who takes in stray cats.

My only criticism is that it could really use more editing. The concept is fun, but the repetition of certain key words and phrases i
Caro
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, contemporary
This was another fun, short freebie. (I've been catching up on them) I liked the characters and the story line. This is more centered on the 'activities', but there was enough emotions and a little meat to keep me interested. The ending was sweet, if not a real HEA, and I liked it too. There was humor, plenty of sparks and good emotions. I wouldn't mind reading this again for a quick pick-me-up read. A one-sitter and pretty much for any time. A good surprise for a freebie. Enjoy
Linda
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A great, quick read with smutty fluff.
Lucy´s boss doesn´t like her, so she avoids him in return, trying to supress the feelings he stirs in her.
Then one night they both get trapped in the elevator - and the feelings can´t be ignored any longer.
Great UST (unresolved sexual tension), temptation and smutty fluff.
4,5 Stars
Mitsy
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, short-story
Great short story about Lucy and Jason. They start a torid office affair. What I love is that Lucy is smart, confident, beautiful and a size 12. :) Even better is Jason's attraction to her. Love it. Love the chemistry between Jason and Lucy. Love their banter. :)

Would love to read more books with characters like Lucy and Jason.
Southern
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've said it a couple of times before I know but I wish this book was longer!!! There are way too many possibilites here Mrs Kelly!! All around though this was a GREAT book! The kind I could sit a read again and with it being so short that makes it so much easier to do just that;)
Katerina
HOT, HOT, HOT...
This story pulls you in from the very first sentence and it holds the grip until the end!!!
Steamy???
You bet!
Kathryn Parry
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One hot story that starts from the first page. I need more...
Julie
Meh... It was okay, not bad for a freebie.
Goosegirl
Sep 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica
For an erotic read this was actually quite good and the chemistry didn't seem forced.
Deanie Nelder
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lucy has had a crush on her boss since day one -- as have most of the women in the office, who have a bet going to see who will be the first one to get Jason to bed. Lucy was excluded from that bet, since her waif-thin mean girl coworkers don't think he'd be interested in her plus-size curves. However, when Lucy and Jason are trapped in an elevator together, sparks fly, and they're both interested in more than a one night stand.

Tempted is a novella, and suffers from some of the common novella si
Scarypopin
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Arc - woowcher who know dentests could be hot !!!

11 June 2019

Format: Kindle Edition

ARC Copy received- hot hot hot new series

Elizabeth Kelly has done it again!

I love this new series and can’t wait for the
next book. As always Elizabeth has written a great story with believable characters that you fall in love with and can't help but identify with and the sizzling sex scenes are alwaus hot hot hot !

I just can't wait to see whos up next I'm this magical new world of hers

Alyssa
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
i love this book very much! i reread this book so many times because it's that good.

this is erotica, but more on romance though I think.

i like Lucy and Jason together. they complement each other really well. and they just have amazing chemistry.

if anything, my favorite thing about this book is the writing style.
Tonya Peterson
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The least one wins the prize

Lucy is the black sheep in the office always dressed unattractive while at work but on her time off knowing exactly what her assets are. While listening to her co workers laugh about her she is secretly laughing at them cause they have no idea what she's been up to with the new boss.
Jen Lynn
As far as erotica goes, this wasn’t that bad. It was a little longer than some, which gave it a bit more depth. Not much for me to really say about this except that it wasn’t as “eye rolling” as most in this genre!
Flower
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
I couldn't connect with the characters. I ended up falling asleep twice trying to read it. The sex scenes were okay.
Melissa
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Tempted" was a fast paced short story. I enjoyed the love hate back and forth with Jason and Lucy. I didn't realize this was a series. I'll definitely be reading the rest of the series.
Garden
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Not enough character development and some very large gaps in time that would have been interesting to know more about.
Matthew
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: july, 2018
Wow! Such a super steamy read! I truly liked it. Two stars mean "it's okay", that is I am just used to these kind of stories; still, a nice read (although literally almost every page is sex).
Tia
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked it

Office romance gone right. Lucy and Jason bond when stuck in an elevator together. And she thought he didn't like her.
Jinger
A nice quick read.

It's a great 'in between ' book to get you by. I'm interested in other short stories by this writer.
Shawn Sluder
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sexy

Nice,sexy story with one dimensional characters. While not my usual choice, I will read the other two books so I know what happens.
Vanessa
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it
nice short read
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Alpha Turned (Wolf Appeal, #1)
  • Breaking Him
  • A Negotiated Marriage (Convenient Marriages, #1; Negotiated Marriage, #1)
  • Blind Reader Wanted
  • The Alpha Claims A Mate (Blue Moon Junction, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Secret Heart (Scandals of the Bad Boy Billionaires, #1)
  • On His Watch (Search and Rescue, #0.5)
  • The St. Valentine's Day Cookie Massacre (Hatter's Cove Gazette Mystery #1)
  • Leona's Last Resort (Tawnee Mountain Mysteries #1)
  • Unbirthday
  • Magnolia Mystic (Sentinels of Savannah, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Pet (Scandals of the Bad Boy Billionaires, #3)
  • The Billionaire's Secret Love (Scandals of the Bad Boy Billionaires, #2)
  • Challenge Accepted (Wolf Appeal, #2)
  • Hard To Bear (Blue Moon Junction, #3)
  • Pirate's Passion (Sentinels of Savannah, #2)
  • Unbreak My Heart
  • Seduction in Death (In Death, #13)
Elizabeth Kelly is a romance novelist who spends her days writing and pushing her cat Murray off the keyboard. She firmly believes that a person can survive solely on sushi and coffee, and only her husband's mad cooking skills prevents her from proving that theory.

She also writes contemporary and paranormal romance under her alter-ego "Ramona Gray".

Tempted (3 books)
  • Twice Tempted (Tempted, #2)
  • Tempted 3 (Tempted, #3)