Start by marking “The Illusions of Eventide (House of Crimson and Clover, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Illusions of Eventide (House of Crimson and Clover, #1)

The Illusions of Eventide (House of Crimson and Clover #1)

Determined to take control of an existence now devoid of purpose, he sojourns to his family's holiday home on the Gul
Published December 14th 2013 (first published December 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Illusions of Eventide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Illusions of Eventide

Brandy Rivers
Nov 23, 2013 Brandy Rivers rated it it was amazing
Sarah M Cradit has done it again. I received an ARC for an honest review, but it's one of those I'll be buying on release day even though I've read it.

She has a way of bringing you into her world that keeps expanding and may just be getting a bit darker as new elements present themselves.

This story starts out with Nic down and out, contemplating offing himself. That is until a stunning woman so rudely interrupts by showing up on his island.

After Mercy tells him some crazy ass story about her hus
Feb 01, 2014 Sheri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Illusions of Eventide (House of Crimson and Clover #2)
by Sarah M. Cradit

Nicolas Deschanel goes to his family vacation home on the gulf of Mexico, contemplating taking his own life. There he sees a young woman, Mercy sitting alone on the beach. But Mercy is not the average woman, she holds many secrets, so does Nicholas. Soon they find their lives connecting, and things start to get out of control. Together they must figure out how to straighten things out.

A complex and intriguing story with
Galit  Balli
Mar 03, 2016 Galit Balli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Plot/Story: The book has a weird/awesome combination of Paranormal, Fantasy, and Romance. The evolving relationships made the book a great read and not just another Romance book, it had real emotions and dark problems combined.

Characters: Each character comes with lots of secrets that made the story even more compelling and fun to read.

I loved Nicolas Deschanel a lot and his attitude, he was the main reason I stuck with the story. Loved his humor and his dark view on things, Nic may seem l
Pamela Beckford
Nov 24, 2013 Pamela Beckford rated it it was amazing
Where do I begin? This is the third book from the Crimson and Clover Series. It could stand alone, but I really think reading at least The Storm and the Darkness would make reading this much easier.

The Goodreads description is: Nicolas Deschanel was betrayed by the only two people who matter to him. Their disloyalty stung and an overwhelming sense of loss lingers. Nicolas has lived the high life professing to not have a care in the world, and now this illusion is calling his bluff.

Determined to
Dec 16, 2013 Shelby rated it it was amazing
** I received a free ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review **

This book was beautifully written. Sarah M. Cradit's writing style is flawless hooking the reader every bit as much as the story itself.

I feel like I must admit first off that I have not read the rest of this series except for the novella Beyond Dusk. But after reading this book, I want to. Sarah M. Cradit has introduced me to a whole new world full of magic and mystery and awesome characters.

The Deschanel
Dec 31, 2013 Becket rated it it was amazing
It goes without saying that reading a stand-alone book is wonderful; but I also thoroughly enjoy continuing my relationship with characters throughout a series. But then there are those books in the series that take the game to a whole new level! Cradit not only takes this series to that level, but she goes well beyond. Just when you think you are comfortable in the cosmology of her incredible story, she tears open the backdrop and shows you that, behind this world of her beloved characters, the ...more
Georgiann Hennelly
I was given a copy for free in exchange for an honest review. Nicolas Deschanel goes to the family vacation home on the Gulf of Mexico. he is thinking of killing himself. He see's Mercy a Young Women sitting on the Beach alone. Mercy is not your average Woman, she holds many secrets, so does Nicolas. They soon find their lives connecting and things start to get out of control. They must together figure out how to straighten things out. A very complex story the cast of characters each have their ...more
Feb 21, 2014 Stephenee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In an effort to not sound redundant, I will just say that this book was amazing!! The words amazing, awesome, exciting, fun and surprising are all words that I would use to describe the series of books that author Sarah M. Cradit has written! I loved the latest in the series almost as much as all of the others, but the first book that you read will always stick with you the most!! The characters that she has created jump off of the page and become a part of you, the scenes that she describes mak ...more
Dec 16, 2013 Teri rated it it was amazing
Although I haven't gotten around to reading the first book in this series, I've read Beyond Dusk and The Storm and the Darkness and throughout both of these, Nicolas has remained my favorite character, so you can imagine how excited I was to see it was his time to shine even more in this new installment to The House of Crimson and Clover Series.

I immediately liked Nicolas and his very straightforward, tell-it-like-it-is, I-couldn't-care-less-if-you-love-me-or-hate-me attitude when I first met hi
So, I just finished The Illusions of Eventide and all I can think is - wow. Not only is it a beautiful title, it's beautifully written. Sarah M. Cradit has a way of writing that elevates her above the crowd. It's so well done, so well thought out that I found myself pausing multiple times and just relishing her words. She also has a way of writing fantasy that can come off as contemporary, which is interesting, it starts out normal and slowly slides you into the fantasy.

With the previous books,
Nov 24, 2013 Stalking rated it it was amazing

The Deschanel family has long held mysterious and often unpredictable abilities. The Illusions of Eventide begins to explain where these mysterious powers may have originated from and why Nicolas does not have any ablilties. The paranormal element was brought forth in the previous novel, The Darkness and the Storm, as a small part of the Deschanel’s history. In this book it goes much further in depth and really gets integrated into the lives of the characters.
Sarah Cradit’s ability to weave a s
Amanda N Richardson
Dec 08, 2013 Amanda N Richardson rated it it was amazing
ARC review.
I love Nic, he is by far my favorite character in this series, and this book, with him as the main character didn’t change my mind, if even I have fallen in love with him more. When you read the other books his character always stuck out. I love his personality. The sarcastic, I don’t give a crap about anything but women and travelling. If you have read the series you already know there is more to him then it seems. He does care, he does love, and he does feel pain, deeply. A lot of
Angie Wells
Oct 28, 2015 Angie Wells rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sarah hits it out of the park with this! What a fantastic magical journey. Her characters are woven into each others lives in the most incredible ways. The plot drew me in from the very beginning and I couldn't stop reading. It is a rarity that I ever review but, how could I not! It is also rare that I purchase paperbacks unless it is a story that I know I will read over again. I should be getting a box from Amazon in two days with the entire series inside. Yep, it's that good!
Dec 10, 2013 Misty rated it it was amazing
LOVE LOVE LOVE this book!! Could not put it down!!

After reading the first book I was caught in the stories and lives told by Sarah M Cradit. The second book carried the story amazingly on as I could not put it down.
I found myself giving up Candy Crush and Bejeweled to READ AND FINISH!!!
It swept me away and the need to know what would happen next kept me picking it up every chance I could!
The characters intrigued me as I read hoping to take in more about them! Sarah did a
Catherine Winters
Jan 02, 2014 Catherine Winters rated it really liked it
Really liked this book! This was the first book of this series I've read, and I was able to follow everything that went on, without being bludgeoned by backstory. Cradit's world is entirely new, and absolutely fascinating. I especially liked the alternating first-person points-of-view; very well done and not at all confusing. All the chapters were long enough to get settled with one character, and not feel like the head-hopping was excessive or interfered with the story.

I would recommend this f
Damian Stevenson
This isn't my normal genre but I I really enjoyed 'The Illusions of Eventide.' Author Sarah Cradit knows how to build suspense and create a compelling story and scenario. The supernatural element is nicely understated and the plot has the pacing and propulsion of a thriller. If you like love stories that have a dark undercurrent to them you should enjoy this one. Recommended.
Mar 10, 2014 T. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easily, my favorite in the House of Crimson and Clover series. Not only do I like Nicholas, with all his faults and foibles, I loved how the threads from all the previous books were bound up in this book that presents a nice twist with the introduction of Empryeans. Great writing, and a beautifully layered, and intricate story. Great job!
Feb 18, 2014 Louize rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
From The Page Walker

Illusions of Eventide is book two of The House of Crimson and Clover, written by Sarah M. Cradit. In this installment, we are welcomed by Nicolas Deschanel’s determination to end his life in their vacation home in the Gulf of Mexico. But the sudden appearance of a troubled woman on the shore of his property, at eventide, derailed his plans. Nicolas was torn between playing the hero or the asshole to turn the woman away.

Mercy is a bundle of secrets, but so are Nicolas and hi
Felicia Tatum
Dec 08, 2013 Felicia Tatum rated it it was amazing
Every book I read by Sarah is amazing...until I read her next. This much Nicolas...I love that boy. And Finn...and Ana. And now Mercy! I consumed this book as quickly as I could (stupid adult responsibilities and such kept me away) and I cannot wait for the next installment!
Cathy Ryan
Mar 23, 2014 Cathy Ryan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-romance
After leaving Maine and Ana, Nicolas has sunk deeply into a depression. So much so that he takes the decision to travel to the fame’s holiday island and end it all. He can see no way forward and has no will to carry on. The betrayal he feels is all encompassing and he can’t see a way past it.

Believing himself to be alone on the island he’s incredulous and dismayed when he sees a mysterious woman sitting on the beach. Even in the midst of his own despair Nicolas feels obliged to help and with thi
Feb 20, 2015 Candice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is seriously amazing. It was so magical and moving. The story had me captured for the entire thing. Had such a hard time putting it down. The story of Nicholas and mercy is breathtaking. I can't wait to continue with the series.
Donna Thompson
Jun 16, 2015 Donna Thompson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read
My first thought upon reading Sarah M. Cradit's "The Illusions of Eventide" was "where have these books been all my life?" I immediately fell in love with the characters, story line and world these people inhabit. Between Empyreans, the Farvaerdig, the Evigbond, Ulfberht and the Runeans, I was completely hooked.

I haven't seen world-building on a scale like this since The Lord of the Rings, The Wheel of Time or Game of Thrones and the author does it in such a way that you are introduced at the ri
Megan Benjamin Evans
Let me preface this by saying I don't usually start reading a book within an on going series, unless it's book one. So when I started with book 2, I wasn't sure where I would even end up. That definitely isn't the case with The Illusions of Eventide: The House of Crimson and Clover Book 2.

This book has such an intriguing story line. You can pick up reading it as a stand alone and feel completely comfortable in what is going on, which I absolutely loved. Sarah M. Cradit has sneaked enough of a ba
Dec 30, 2014 Julie rated it liked it
The Illusions of Eventide is the fifth publication of the House of Crimson and Clover series, and the second full-length novel in the series. I have had the pleasure of reading and reviewing the entire series so far and I've loved them all.

I loved getting more of Ana and Finn, but the this book is mostly about Nicolas. Nic's outward persona of being a womanizer who doesn't care about anything aside from a good time is challenged when he comes across a damsel in distress on his private beach. Wi
Kristy Feltenberger
Dec 14, 2013 Kristy Feltenberger rated it it was amazing
The Illusions of Eventide is the third novel in the House of Crimson and Clover series. Although The Illusions of Eventide can be read as a stand alone book, I recommend that you read St. Charles at Dusk and The Storm and the Darkness first. (There’s also Beyond Dusk: Anne, a novelette after St. Charles at Dusk). I have read all 3 of the novels and the novelette and they’re equally fascinating reads!

“Nothing had turned out the way any of us expected. Yet, somehow, it was exactly as it should be”
Dec 07, 2013 Carrie rated it it was amazing
In a word... beautiful.

This is the third installment to the Crimson and Clover series and, in my opinion, the best yet. The depth of the emotion, the history, the introduction of new characters and the reappearence of old, the witty sarcastic dialogue that is so uniquely Nic; it all adds up to a novel that will have you laughing, crying and begging for more.

Nicolas Deschanel is a handsome, spoiled, self absorbed, sarcastic millionare playboy who, after finding out the two people he loved most i
Dec 22, 2013 Julie rated it it was amazing
The Illusions of Eventine by Sarah Cradit is a December 2013 release. I was provided a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

The story picks up with Nic still licking his wounds over the revelation that Oz and Ana had been intimate. As usual, he thinks everything is about him. He did take it pretty hard and his heart is broken, which is a new experience for him.
He has decided to travel to his private island, knowing it would be deserted, with some very dark thoughts. B
Brian & Tara
Dec 02, 2013 Brian & Tara rated it it was amazing
Key Plot Elements: flawed humans, and perhaps even more flawed not-so-humans; New Orleans culture and scenery; fantasy in creation of a new race; paranormal powers; humor; brief historical references.

For a reader new to the series, this is a story about forgiveness and redemption, thickly seasoned with fantasy and paranormal. For Crimson & Clover series readers? Cradit has mastered connecting the dots. What were seemingly separate threads have now been smoothly bundled together. Interesting
Shawn Verdin
Dec 22, 2013 Shawn Verdin rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Where do I even start with this book? I’ve been struggling with this review for days feeling as if there is no way for me to do it justice. The House of Crimson and Clover quickly became one of my favorite series and Cradit one of my favorite authors this year. Being from South Louisiana, I first became interested in the series because of its setting, New Orleans. Cradit’s love for NOLA, as we affectionately refer to it, is apparent in her writi
Breezy *Lover of all things Alpha Male*
Lovers of Paranor...: R2R {623} The Illusion of Eventide OPEN 10 92 Apr 07, 2015 08:33AM
  • Act of Defiance (Defiance Gray, #1)
  • The Blemished Series: Complete Boxed Set
  • The Scholomance
  • Obsession (Parish Secrets, #2)
  • The Warlord's Queen
  • Semi-Human (Harper Hall Investigations, #2)
  • Alpha Heat
  • Chaos Born (Chronicles from the Applecross #1)
  • Miss me when the sun goes down (Forged Bloodlines #4)
  • A Dark Heart (The Elders and Welders Chronicles #2)
  • The Battle Lord's Lady (Battle Lord Saga, #1)
  • One Wilde Night (Immortal Vegas, #0.5)
  • Dragons Don't Cry (Fire Chronicles #1)
  • The Trials of the Core (Guardian of the Core, #1)
  • Electric Moon (Raven Investigations, #2)
  • Firebird
  • Nocturnal Offerings
  • Dragon Fire
Sarah is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the Paranormal Southern Gothic series, The House of Crimson & Clover, born of her combined passion for New Orleans, and the mysterious complexity of human nature. Her work has been described as rich, emotive, and highly dimensional.

An unabashed geek, Sarah enjoys studying obscure subjects like the Plantagenet and Ptolemaic dynasties, and settling de
More about Sarah M. Cradit...

House of Crimson and Clover (6 books)
  • Bound (House of Crimson & Clover #2)
  • Midnight Dynasty (The House of Crimson & Clover #3)
  • Asunder (House of Crimson & Clover #4)
  • Empire of Shadows (House of Crimson and Clover #5)
  • Myths of Midwinter (House of Crimson and Clover #6)