Start by marking “The Assassin Princess” as Want to Read:
The Assassin Princess

The Assassin Princess

An artist, a fantasist, a student, a girl...yet when Ami is stolen from her world and pursued by a malevolent stranger, she finds out she is no mere girl, and a dormant magic stirs.

She is off to the land of Legacy, to rule as princess, to save the city from its thirty year ruin; but always in the shadow is her dark foe, biding his time, invading her thoughts...

A storm is c
Published July 5th 2018 by An Infinite Legacy (first published April 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Assassin Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Assassin Princess

Start your review of The Assassin Princess
Nerdish Mum
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
I originally had a different book chosen for the Book Riot topic of "a book published by an indie press", but then I was lucky enough to win a signed copy of The Assassin Princess by Blake Rivers on Facebook directly from the author and thought that it would be a perfect choice for me.

I'd read the blurb and I'd read the Goodreads description as I'd been coveting the book for a while and it sounded really interesting so I was really excited to read it. It was everything I expected and more!

The wo
Beem Weeks
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you’re into fantasy stories that recall the brilliance of C.S. Lewis, The Assassin Princess is your book. Author Blake Rivers has taken the familiar genre and sprinkled in his own unique spin, avoiding the usual clichés common to such stories. And where The Chronicles of Narnia were aimed toward a younger audience, Blake Rivers nudges his tale into a decidedly grown-up light.

The Assassin Princess opens with our protagonist Ami being yanked from her world and pulled into another. This other r
Sunshine Somerville
Where to start? The writing, the characters, the plot, the world(s) – everything about this story is excellent. And unique. I can’t think of any other story quite like this that mixes unicorns and alternate realities, swordplay and mystery. I thought it was going to be pretty typical fantasy, and then everything takes a spin.
One of the first things that stood out to me was the way Ami’s artistic nature comes through in the descriptive imagery. As we see what she sees, we also see HOW she sees –
Brie McGill
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ripping through layers of reality like Neil Gaiman (Sandman, Mirror Mask), Assassin Princess conjures the magic of fantastic worlds (Peter Beagle's The Last Unicorn), with a puzzling environment as fascinating as an encounter with Hayao Miyazaki's (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke) Radish Spirit.

Assassin Princess was a refreshing read, because it does not incorporate popular fantasy cliches; the style is ethereal, like a mirage or dream, blending what happens inside the mind with the hard realit
Andy Rigley
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Assassin Princess is a fantastic, epic adventure that took me back to Gaiman, or Pullman's Dark Materials.

The landscapes are beautiful but often dark, vast and claustrophobic. Everything has a place, a story, and a reason for being there, which helps build a very believable world full of characters you will both love and hate.

Though the story is mostly about Ami and her internal conflicts as she travels the world of Legacy, it is also the other characters, their goals and reasons for their a
Deborah
Sep 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars. An enjoyable story with action and adventure. I personaly found it complex near the end but it possible to follow. Good fantasy book.
Margaret
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A good read, takes you into another world. Looking forward to the next one in the series.
Bryan Cooper
Jul 28, 2018
Yefon Isabelle
Aug 07, 2018
Goodreads Librari...: Updating Book Cover 1 174 Sep 04, 2013 03:42PM
Hi, I'm Blake and as you may have guessed by now, I'm a writer.

Yup, that's right, I write books and I wrote my first novel in 2011 when I was twenty-eight. But I was writing long before that. I started writing when I was just seven years old.

Back then it was mostly poems about whatever interested me at the time, be it the seasons or the planets, or my love for libraries and books. I also turned my