Start by marking “Welcome, Brother (College Fun and Gays #5)” as Want to Read:
Welcome, Brother (College Fun and Gays #5)

Welcome, Brother

(College Fun and Gays #5)

When arts student Kyler Morris applies for membership to The Nova Britannia Brotherhood, he's immediately floored by their intimidating leader, Hunter Kingsley. Fellow arts student Hunter, however, isn't the bad-ass he's made out to be and takes Kyler under his wing.

While Kyler struggles to keep his crush under control and his sexuality hidden from the Brothers, Hunter ba
ebook, Second, 35 pages
Published July 12th 2013 by Ice Cave Publishing (first published April 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Welcome, Brother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome, Brother

Macky
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've got all the "College Fun And Gays" short stories and I've loved them all so last night When I saw this was out I did a mad dash to get it! I really love these shorts set around college life, they're all exactly as they say, short fun and always hot and sexy, but I must admit this one had a bit more of a serious undertone running through it because of the homophobic plot line going on in the background, and its repercussions but that didn't make me enjoy it any less.

Kyler Morris wants to jo
Breann

I just can't get enough of these cute college boys.

Kyler had applied to a very sought after fraternity, The Nova Britannia Brotherhood. During the interview process, he came face to face with the enigmatic leader of the frat, Hunter. Kyler couldn't really get a good read on the leader and, therefore, tried to steer clear. That is, until Hunter was assigned to Kyler in welcoming him to the Brotherhood.

Kyler and Hunter were very cute together. I loved reading about their blossoming relati
Steelwhisper
May 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quiltbag, 4-lovely
I was one of the beta-readers and received a copy from the author.

3.5*

This is a competently written, quirky story revolving around college students and how they relate, with issues of bullying and adapting to peer pressure thrown in. As college stories are not really my preferred reading material, I can only state that this managed to keep me interested throughout, which is more than I often am able to say about books in fields that do truly engage me. So--that's a far better verdict than you'd
Lelyana
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, mm, short, heart-warming

For short stories, the whole series are really good. This is my last one, I hope the author consider to continue this series. I read book number 6 already so, I'm now craving for this kind of story.

Some part (especially with Liu), is very sad, I hope Liu soon will be able to recover from his nightmare. Hunter and Kinsley are solid through the end after they're solved their 'problems'.
It's really cute when Liu just came to their room and snuggled between Hunter and Kinsley.
Well, dads, you guys sh
Susan65
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great little story. The angsty parts were kind of tough, but the ending made me smile and feel all sunshiny inside.
Erica Pike
Apr 09, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Re-published :)

Editor: Douglas Black
Cover: Zathyn Priest
Cole Riann
Review posted at The Armchair Reader.

The first thing you need to know about this story is just how different it is from the other stories in the series. They've all been heavy on sex and kink but with enough plot not to be fluff. Welcome, Brother has hardly any sex at all and deals with some heavier issues than the others, namely bullying.

I read this story right when it came out a few weeks ago and I have to admit that I didn't write a review for it right away because I wasn't quite sure what to
Alex Akira
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this neatly paced short, which held much more than the intrigue its title suggests.

Art lover, Kyler Morris, enters college with some apprehension. Being into the history of art, rather than being an actual artist is nerdy enough, but he’s also gay and is on the fence about living openly on the campus. But all of that is less than nothing in comparison to his true concern—will the one college fraternity that he wants to join, accept him? Membership to the infamous Nova Britannia Brother
Lucy
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a fan of the College Fun and Gays series, I was excited to see a new one. In this installment, we meet Kyler Morris, a self-proclaimed art nerd who wants to be part of the Nova Britannia Brotherhood. He is both terrified and lust-filled by the leader, Hunter Kingsley. During an interrogation, Kyler has to answer questions from “how do you feel about same-sex marriage” to “what are your views on whaling”. He’s flummoxed and sure he’s not getting in. The Brothers are noted for their connections ...more
Pati
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, romance, favorites
Ms. Pike has certainly outdone herself this time. What an absolutely wonderful short story! I rarely give 5 star ratings and almost never give them to short stories because quite frankly I always want more. However, this one deserves no less than the best rating possible. There is so much that I want to say yet I don't want to give anything away....

I'll just say that I highly recommend this to everyone. :-)

In the interest of full disclosure I'd like to acknowledge that I was fortunate enough
Pianisuparse
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.25 'Loving this series and there's just something about Hunter's protectiveness of Kyler that I adored' stars.
mah1
Aug 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scribd
Very sweet and heartwarming, without being too fluffy, Welcome Brother is a great quick read. There is also some violence and a dark backrund story, but I thought they only added depth instead of bringing the over all feeling down.

What did strike me as odd, was a house full of frat boys (even if they weren't officially a fraternity but a brotherhood) playing 'I never' with beer. Seemed a bit off, as I personaly, have played it with something a lot stronger. Then again, from what I remember (or
Katy Beth Mckee
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, series-books
Watching love bloom despite the drama. It was great seeing the bad guys get what they deserve in the end. It was kind of hard to see some of the pain and hurt that happened. This is a very powerful story.
Melanie
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it

Rating: 4 stars out of 5

Empathic characters and terrific setting make this story a great short read. For my full review, visit http://wp.me/p220KL-1qe

for more of my reviews and thoughts on writing, visit http://scatteredthoughtsandroguewords...
Cee Brown
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kyler and Hunter... the names kept tripping me up, but the guys personalities outweighed all the bad.
Bogusia
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed it, a really good, quick read :)
MaelleMaud
Jun 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, teens
Hunter & Kyler
Cute, emotional short story. Easy hot read.
Dena
crystalis
Aug 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Gay Romance by Er...: Welcome, Brother 16 14 Jul 15, 2013 03:01AM
  • Good Boy (Theta Alpha Gamma, #4)
  • Aftermath (Glitterland, #1.5)
  • Deep in the Count
  • Holden and Yves – The Early Years (The Slave Breakers, mini-prequel)
  • Noticed Me Yet?
  • Finding Shelter (Rock Bay, #3)
  • Asylum
  • Frozen Heart (Love Lessons, #1.5)
  • Freshman: Uncut (Ivory Towers, #1)
  • Cast Off (Toronto Tales, #3)
  • The Price
  • Christmas with Danny Fit
  • Blame It on the Mistletoe
  • Monty Gets Arrested (Marshall's Park, #1)
  • Last Chance (First Impressions, #3)
  • Prisoner 374215
  • Rebound (Heartwarming)
  • Making It Happen
If you're interested in my books, you might want to join my Goodreads group: Gay Romance by Erica Pike.

I haven't been writing since I was in diapers, nor have I been an avid reader since I learned my ABC's. I have, however, always been a daydreamer spinning tales after tales. After having exhausted every possible scenario of man-woman love, I started weaving stories of men who love men. I know! So

College Fun and Gays (6 books)
  • Hot Hands (College Fun and Gays #1)
  • Grade-A-Sex Deal (College Fun and Gays, #2)
  • The Walls Have Ears (College Fun and Gays, #3)
  • Little Stalker (College Fun and Gays #4)
  • Cold Hands (College Fun and Gays #6)