Start by marking “The Cutting Room The Complete Season” as Want to Read:
The Cutting Room The Complete Season

The Cutting Room The Complete Season

(The Cutting Room #1-6)

In the future, there are many parallel Earths--but only one of them has time travel. Known as Primetime, its criminals break into the pasts of other worlds, far beyond the reach of conventional police.

Blake Din is the top agent of the Cutting Room, the group tasked with stopping these trespassers. After a mission to undo the murder of a young boy, he uncovers extensive dam
Published July 8th 2013 (first published June 9th 2013)

David Blaylock
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was the first novel I have ever read in the old school serialized way that was popular back in the day of Charles Dickens' The Pickwick Papers.

When this was originally released, I would turn off my alarm in the morning and download the latest episode to my Kindle. By the time lunch was over that day, I would begin my week long wait for the next chapter to be released. I both envy and lament that new readers to this story can now download and read the complete season in a single volume.

The j
Debbie
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent science fiction, entertaining from the first page to the last. I've read plenty of time travel stories, but none involving multiple parallel worlds, until now. I found the story fascinating, and really liked Blake Din. There's a man that's dedicated to the spirit of his work. He follows the rules, at least until they prove to be an obstacle. He's a smart guy with definite values.

There was nothing I did not like in the book. All details and descriptions are related in Blake's thoughts a
N.E. White
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review first appeared on SFFworld.com.

This is one of those amazing finds on Amazon that make it worth slogging through all the ‘less than perfect’ self-published novels. Once you start reading, this book is hard to put down. But before I start gushing too much about this time-travel tale of mystery and deception, allow me give you a rundown of the story.

Initially released as a serial, The Cutting Room’s first section introduces the reader to Blake Din’s world, a world where a young boy is on the
Ivan
Nov 27, 2013 rated it liked it
A pretty interesting time travel story, with lots of settings and a unique perspective on the fourth dimension.

There were several times I highlighted sections and made comments to myself about things that didn't make sense (as well as some choppy writing) but overall the series takes you on a thrilling ride and brings the story full circle with a satisfying ending.
Daniel J. Weber
Review originally posted at: http://digerbop.ca/2013/08/the-cuttin...

Every episodic adventure that I have seen out there gets flack. There is this idea that somehow each episode should be stand-alone enough to make an impact all on its own. Let me ask you a question. If you read the second, third, or fourth book in the series without reading the first, does it always make complete sense? There is always that feeling that you are missing something (well, most of the time… some series keep each bo
Ian Wood
Sep 14, 2014 rated it did not like it

Emma
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm always a little afraid to start a new book by an author that I absolutely love! And I'm always glad when I push past that feeling and jump right in. I just LOVED this book (I read it as one book and not in the serial form).

Excellent story and characters, as per usual from Robertson. The time travel component was masterfully dealt with. It was so believable.

Mr Robertson, if you ever get the time and the desire to write more from this series, I just KNOW you will have a large audience to devo
Shawn Deal
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: time-travel
Here is a new time travel writer to keep an eye out for. This is the story of Blake Din, a top agent from the Cutting Room. There are many parallel Earths and some villains from other earths wreak havok on still others. But one Earth, known as Primetime, has the ability of time travel. Blake Din is sent back to try and stop the horrorific murder of a young boy. This plunges us into this very well realized and detailed world. The premise works quite effectively, what all us time travel junkies wa ...more
Aslanenlisted
This book really left me wanting... I think the concept had promise, but it was in my opinion very poorly executed.
Bkunkle
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
You have to travel forward In time to find out how this book ends

I bought this book because of the number of good reviews it got. But now that I have reached the ending , or should I say the so-called ending, I feel cheated. This is because there really is no conclusion . One of these days, the author says he'll get around to writing a sequel; I guess that's when we'll find out how the story tale really ends, except that I won't because I've learned my lesson.

The story is mostly well edited, b
Sep 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Interesting, but flawed and kind of a cliffhanger ending.

I think it's important to know going into this that it doesn't have a proper ending. At first I thought it was 6 semi-disconnected stories about the Cutting Room, but they all tie in, and then it's quite unsatisfying to not know how it ends.

I like the concept, and I enjoyed the storytelling, but there were a few things that didn't really add up. Like what the pods can and cannot do - the limitations seem a bit arbitrary.

I would maybe al
Scott
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story about time- and inter-dimensional-travel and the one "parallel" world that has it. They police other worlds to prevent crimes perpetrated by bad guys from their world, to protect those worlds from interference that might change the course of those worlds' history. Complicated? Not really, if you buy the premise.

This was a really well done story that sucked me in from the very start and kept me enthralled. I was glad I read it as a complete series instead of in the serial form
Jeff Bilman
Dec 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
A sci-fi time travel thriller. I enjoyed this independently published series of short stories (that make up a whole) a lot - and read through them quickly. I didn't spend too much time worrying about the holes I thought were in the story because - hey - the entire series cost me 99c on my Kindle and it was an enjoyable read. The author needs to work on the editing because there were more errors than you'd expect. However, like I said, I enjoyed it.

A slightly superior read which is somewhat simi
David Gaughran
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Cutting Room is a tour de force from Ed Robertson that is destined to become a modern SF classic. I really enjoyed his Breakers series, but this for me is a step up again. It's refreshing to read such an unusual and thrilling take on time travel and its implications, as well as the possibility of multiple universes and inter-dimensional travel. This book doesn't just entertain, it's food for the brain too. A white knuckle ride that will make you feel smarter at the end. Maybe Book of the Yea ...more
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the first thing I've read from this author, Edward W. Robertson, but I was impressed. It's science fiction/time travel with a hardboiled edge, and I enjoyed the serialized structure (each "chapter" is its own mini-story with all of the stories adding up to a larger narrative). It's an engaging tale that I found hard to put down, but it also had some thematic and world-building elements that I think will stick with me even after the thrill of the story has dissipated. I would recommend th ...more
Jarkko Laine
Oct 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, thriller, scifi
Great idea, OK execution

The concept of the Cutting Room, a special police tasked to keep criminals from messing the timelines in parallel universes, is fascinating. The main characters are relatable and interesting. In all, the story has lots of the right ingredients. Unfortunately, however, time travel is a tricky subject, and some of the explanations leave me cold, feeling as if the author rushed a bit too much...

I'm still happy I read the book. There's always room for another time travel stor
John
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An amazing time travel tsle

I'm giving this 5 stars because this story stands right up there alongside the time travel classics by H. G. Wells and Ray Bradbury. The idea of a time travel police agency itself isn't new, but Robertson makes it his own with Primetime and The Cutting Room. Very engaging as a thriller, and it works out to be almost several different tales in one that all culminate in a highly satisfactory ending.
Quartknee
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I haven't been so immersed in a story's milieu in quite some time. If you like Dystopian Fiction, Sci-Fi or Cyber Punk Fiction, you'll connect with this series. The premise is presented clearly and succinctly as are the characters and the multiverse they inhabit. The action is presented like classic crime fiction and as the plot unfolds you'll be hooked!

I can't wait for the next installment
Bruce McNair
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Blake Din is an agent of The Cutting Room (aka CR). He travels back in time to parallel Earths rectifying murders committed by residents of his own Earth, known as Primetime. But then he, and his rookie partner Vette, uncover a conspiracy that threatens their very existence. This book is like Asimov's "The End of Eternity" meets "Time Cop" meets "Quantum Leap". If you liked any of those stories, then you will like this too.
C Lane
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was totally immersed from the opening chapter.

I've always loved time travel stories, particularly those that assume it's possible and move on from there. Cutting Room is just such a story where the hops from time to time don't bog you down with how...just why. I'm only left asking: If all this were possible, would one Blake Din be sufficient to protect us all?"
Anna Marie
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Agents travel back in time to prevent murders committed by rogue time travellers. Blake Din tells his story of time traveling assignments and of uncovering a conspiracy. Entertaining, hard to put down.
Uriel
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great time travel novel. One of my favorites along with Time Travelers Never Die and The Prodigal Hour.
Sonia
Jul 19, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a pretty good read. Time travel with a bit of a twist. Causality always makes my brain hurt.
Tamer Sadek
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
A little convoluted in places but good fun and not too long. Recommended.
Anna Vieste
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
am near the end and am pacing myself . I don't want it to end . If you are into time travel sci-fi you will love this .
Tim
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
This series was amazing to say the least. I recommend it to any Time-travel fan. It had great mystery, great scifi, a love story for those softies and some nicely placed action.
Josh Spurgin
Brian Petree
Sep 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Buried Hope
  • Karma of the Silo (Karma #1-5)
  • The Diver (The Runner, #2)
  • Paradox
  • The Last to Fall
  • The Lightcap
  • Echoes of the Past (Wanderer's Odyssey, #2)
  • Pactum
  • Gateway Drug
  • The Zul Enigma
  • The Man Who Ended the World
  • Foreign Identity
  • Operation Z-Day (The Raven Falconer Chronicles, #1)
  • Walker
  • Demonworld
  • Particle Horizon
  • Phoenix Rising (Book Two of The Icarus Trilogy)
  • Grandma?
Ed is the author of the post-apocalyptic Breakers series and the epic fantasy series The Cycle of Arawn. A former New Yorker and Idaho-guy, he currently lives in the LA area. His short fiction has appeared in a whole bunch of magazines and anthologies.

The Cutting Room (6 books)
  • The Cutting Room: Episode I