Start by marking “Introductions (The Ghost Bird #1)” as Want to Read:
Introductions (The Ghost Bird #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Introductions

(The Ghost Bird #1)

With an agoraphobic mother and a barely-there father, Sang abhors the isolation keeping her in the shadows. The only thing Sang craves is a fresh start and to be accepted as ordinary by her peers, because for her being different meant being cast out alone.

When her family moves to a new school district, Sang infiltrates a group of boys nearly perfect in every way. Grateful
Published December 23rd 2012 by Arcato Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Introductions, please sign up.
Zee Codizar I feel the same way! I just finished the eight book (the latest one to be published) and I can't wait for the ninth installment. I really love how…moreI feel the same way! I just finished the eight book (the latest one to be published) and I can't wait for the ninth installment. I really love how Sang's character evolved and how the boys are very protective of her and love her like she's supposed to be loved!(less)
SSBSMS It's a young adult series but I've noticed a ton of older fans. I'm in my twenties. I read, I think on her website, that the theme might mature a…moreIt's a young adult series but I've noticed a ton of older fans. I'm in my twenties. I read, I think on her website, that the theme might mature a little as the characters age.(less)

Ren
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Yesterday, I walked in my sisters room to see her heavily engrossed in this novel. When I asked her if it was good, she rapidly shook her head no.

A novel that is terrible yet irresistible. Color me intrigued.

It was only after I read this that I could truly understand.

It was a massacre.

I lost so many good brain cells.

God bless the fallen.

How to explain.

This is (essentially) what I read:

Snow white runs away from her wicked stepmother trips and lands in the very welcoming arms of her dwarf friends.
Helen 2.0
A book version of Japanese reverse harem animes, except everyone is suburban white. And constantly blushing.

Is the cover guy supposed to be Kota? That is SO not how I pictured him.

The Academy series revolves around Sang, your typical straight white virgin with a psychotic family, zero personality, and 9 (as in NINE) guys chasing her ass like it's God's gift to man. I would be less annoyed about this situation if any of the characters could deviate even slightly from the cliched, but nope. Sang i
Lynanne Carroll
I started reading this book because the synopsis sounded fairly interesting, and because it was free. Mostly because it was free. I kept reading because I honestly *could not believe* it was so awful. I just kept waiting for it to get better (it never happened).

I've reviewed quite a few YA books on Goodreads, Amazon, and my blog...and not one of them has been THIS BAD.

This is what happens--no spoilers, because there ISN'T ANYTHING TO SPOIL:

Sang meets each guy from this enigmatic, cliquish grou
Jessica
I love this series so much! I just found out about this a few days ago, and after reading the summary, I told myself that I had to read it right away, which I did! C.L Stone surpassed my expectations. It got me hooked from the first chapter. I keep wanting more! I've read all five books already, and I can't wait to read the next!

Did I mention that this series has 9 SWOON-WORTHY FICTIONAL CHARACTERS? Oh yeah.

Here's my dream cast:

NORTH
 photo north1.jpg

DR.GREEN
Rhea_Sways
Sometimes a book's ability to suck blows my mind.. It is like an accident you can not take your eyes off and each bad gory detail just leaves you stunned.

Now let me tell you the biggest NO, I mean the biggest NO - NEVER in all books.

Men telling women/girls how to dress

Men telling women/girls how to speak

Men telling women/girls how to behave

Men thinking it is "ok" to judge women/girls and tell them what is appropriate and what is not..

Men talking

I am ok with jokes..
I am ok wi
Kadbury
I can't rate this book. I can find SO MANY faults with this book but I'm still dying to read the sequel. I guess I would put this under my guilty pleasure books tab in goodreads because I just couldn't stop reading this book and I have no idea why! Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it has seven hot guys in it.

You heard me ... SEVEN guys.

The plus point of this book is that there isn't a love triangle/heptagon yet and the male characters are different and draw you to the story.Each
Marguerite (M)
Rating (for the whole series) : between 1 and 5 stars
Or 15 stars
Depends on the day.
UPDATE: My version of Sang:
Sang Sorenson
Character C. L. Stone © - Drawing Marguerite L. ©

Lesson 1: Have a harem, you get free stuff.

Welcome to the Academy universe. The world's most dangerous drug that no rehab can cure.

Lesson 2: Practice the magic pout, you get free stuff.
Lesson 3: Seduce a fashion wanabe, you get free stuff.
Lesson 4: Be pathetic, you get free stuff.

The Ghost Bird series is awful.
It's also one of my favorite
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘

My casting:

Hmm... I actually like it. Strange, considering there's an incredible weak female character.. But the more you got to know her, the more you felt protective of her. I just wanted to hide her from the cruelty in this world!

“Will you buckle in? It’s bad enough we kidnapped you.”

Luckily, now she has 7 amazing boys protecting her! There is no doubt in my mind that she will get romantic
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
I have a problem here. Legit problem.
You see this book- more like series-stands for EVERYTHING I dislike in reading. It has a weak-ass female character, cliché male leads(every single one you can think of; and notice how I said leads as in plural) and an absolutely nonexistent plot. It has such a clean romance (or nonexistent for that matter) that a freaking 10 year old could read this and just such unbelievable scenes where I'm just like WTF?!
But
I just couldn't put it down. I couldn't stop re
Dianne
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-in-series, ya, own
My Rating: 3.5 Stars

Sang would give anything to be able to make a fresh start and re-invent the girl-in-the-shadows she has become. Maybe this move to a new home and school would be it. Ye, Sang had no idea just how much her life would change…

C.L. Stone’s INTRODUCTIONS is exactly that, an introduction into Sang’s new world outside of her dysfunctional family’s influence. The night she met Kota would be the start of changes she could only dream of, seven model-handsome boys, all friends, all draw
Mel
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: frequent-re-read
This is for Books 1-3. Book 1 I got as an Amazon freebie and ended up buying the other two immediately after. I did notice a few typos here and there, but girlfriend is **cranking them out** and they really only need very little tweakage. So.

Yeah, you know what, I'm not gonna lie, I read Books 1-3 in like, a 12 hour span. Unashamed girly goodness. I'm also kind of rooting for all of the guys, which ....I think is probably the point. <_< >_>

Content warning: domestic abuse. I was okay
Future Slayer Girl
Please allow me to collect my feelings over the WTF I just read emotions hanging all over me.

This is one of those series that has the addiction level of crystal meth for any book loving individual. I have to say what I expected of this book, what NOTHING that I actually got.

What I got was a pretty heavy dose of mystery, angst, underlying tones of romance, and seven--erm no--nine hot high school age boys (I kind of feel terrible calling them boys because they act way to much like men only they
Meredith
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I received this book via Net Galley for an honest review.

When I finished this book I had to stop and think for a minute. Technically, nothing really exciting happens. It’s called Introductions, and it’s just that. Each character in the series is introduced. There are eight main characters: Sang, Kota, Nathan, Victor, Silas, Gabriel, Luke, and North. Each boy is introduced through their first meeting with Sang. We meet a few other minor characters including Sang’s deranged mother (think Mommy Dea
Alaina
Second time read. First time review.

Introductions was an interesting book to re-dive into. I still flew through this book (and forgot to add my buddy read comments) but I also noticed some things differently too.

This book follows Sang, who honestly has a terrible family. She gets punished way too often by her mother. Her sister knows about it but does nothing to stop it because if she did she would be punished. Oh, and their father is never around.

She just wants to escape from her family one nig
Siv Therese
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Siv by: amazon
For a starter - this book is amazing.

I've read too many books to account for, and can easily plow through 2-5 books a day if I'm not studying or working.
And sometimes after I've read a book, I would like to read it again.

This is one of those books. Usually I'm more into "kick-ass-heroines",but Sang, well she's got more strength than one can imagine.

And not to mention the boys... Oh the BOYS! Wow!

If your totally into multiple boys vs one girl, this is the book for you. And there are so many
Michelle
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Never have characters in a book captured my heart like those from C.L. Stone's Academy Series!!
For the first time EVER in a romance series, I honestly have no idea which of the 7( yes I said 7...although you could honestly say 9) main male characters our heroine Sang will choose. And every time I read through the series (which is 4 times currently) I lean towards a different guy!!
I would not recommend this book for children under high school age unless you are ok with A LOT of strong language.
~ Rose ~ ☯Desert Rose❀
My Review
5 Roses

Wow, what a great beginner book for a series! It is, just as the title implies, an introduction- not only to all the various complex characters, but also the the unique situation they're all in, and the mysterious and exclusive "Academy."

The depth of Sang's situation is heart-wrenching, and even more-so with the thought that there are really people who deal with the things she's dealing with. A look into her world, and her thoughts- doubts about her worth and self, especially- is only a small p
Jamie (The Kansan Reader)

REREAD: 06/26/19

Update 5/25/16 new full review: https://jaynikkibelthoughts.wordpress...

Sang (that is the main character's name) runs into seven boys who have something special about them.

Personally I feel in love with all seven. Total Babes and totally caring. I love how the story progresses. Definitely going to buy the second one right now.
Brenda
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not to sure how to review this book. So I'll leave you with this......

THERE ARE 7 SWOON WORTHY BOYS IN THIS BOOK.

Caught your attention didn't I?!

Seriously read this book, nothing much happens but it'll hook you in!
Kayla
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really need a long series with angsty romance so let's do this!
Adrienne
Why did I take so long to read this? This one was one heck of a page-turner! It's so difficult to find books worthy of 3+ stars so I wasn't expecting much from this. But damn, this was amazing. The characters were all very likeable and I enjoyed every minute of getting to know them. The ending was such a dramatic cliffhanger -- I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on book two! There were some grammatical errors in some parts of the book but overall it was a really great read and I never once ...more
Pao
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
One of the best books a I've read so far this year. The Academy- Introductions is a very intriguing and misterious book that, as its title says, is an introduction to meet the characters part of these series.

The best part: not only one guy to drool over, but SEVEN BOYS (yes...SEVEN DREAMY BOYS) and all of them are so nice and sweet (not in a boring fairy tale way)to our female character Sang, who is an isolated and insecure girl as a result of a having a paranoid mother, an absent father and a
Aimee
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Finished reading it recently. Got caught up with a bunch of other books so sorry it took me awhile.When I saw the title I just though, "Okay, it's the character's first day at a school." Not completely it, Almost the entire book was dedicated to introducing the guys. Should have been obvious by the title, though. I didn't like the main character. She seemed too fragile to me. I was confused by her actions with the guys. It seemed she had a crush on all of them. There were some grammar issues her ...more
Lina
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read-for-days
Started and finished the first ten books in three days. Welp. I need more. My addiction is real. I can't get enough of sweet, adorable Sang and her band of sexy, heroic misfits.

Ghost Bird Cast

This series is dangerously addictive. Seriously. Don't start unless you want to sign your heart away.

(So start it anyway. You know you want to.)

xoxo
LINA
Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink*
*blinks in confusion*

What in the world did I just read?

Was there a plot? Was there action? I'm so confused. And yet...

... I HAVE TO READ THE NEXT ONE

This was honestly exactly like the title says. It is all introductions. But pleasant ones with hunky boys. I can't really fault Sang for being extremely confused and still somehow completely ok with it. I know I would have in high school. Hey-ooo

Moving past Sang, let's talk about "All Those Boys!" as my great-grandmother would have said. (She an
Muse-ic ♬
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-on-kindle
4.5
Wow that was awesome! But tooooooo short!
Only 163 pages, are you kidding me????

This first introduction to the series which happens to be called "Introductions" is free on Amazon Kindle, so go get it, and I dare you to deny being even a tiny bit attracted enough to keep going!

Guys there are literally 20 books in this series, although not all of them are out yet!!!! I'm so excited!
However, I was just scrolling through all the book titles and "First Kiss" is book #10. Guys, I can't wait that l
Regina
Jul 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-or-galley
4.5 stars. This the weirdest 4.5 stars I've ever given a book. I will collect my thoughts into a coherent review soon.

I wasn't really sure how to review this book, but I tried. It was very different from anything I have been reading lately, and I REALLY ENJOYED IT. I LOVE the characters, and can't wait to see what the second book in this series has to offer.
Ok, you can find my official "review" here:
Kristy Kitten
Disclaimer: I'm all for reverse harem and in no way do I intend on slut shaming. The only problem I have is with the author, not the characters. [I would say spoiler alert but I won’t bother because reading this review would save you from reading the book]

Ok I don't think I’ve ever given a book a 1 star - not even crappy fan fiction or After (fan pic made into novel) which promotes an unhealthy and abusive relationship. This is worse. It has every single YA cliché and bad trope you could think o
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Sang is a troubled girl - she has a controlling and abusive mother who doesn't allow her to have any friends and is convinced that every boy out there just wants to rape or kill Sang. They have recently moved into a new neighborhood and Sang meets several boys that are very nice and aren't ax murderers (shocker). She quickly becomes friends with the whole gang, but keeping her new friendships from her mother is difficult. As the start of school gets closer, Sang learns that the trouble at home m ...more
Robin
Note: this is a new review/note - posted 12/26.

Review Tally - based out of 5

OVERALL: 5 STARS

Story/Plot: 5 - I know what you're saying: "A 5, honestly?!" And I gladly admit yes for two reasons. The first is I just love this series and to be honest I just re-read it this evening. Second, this book is mainly an introduction to The Academy series by C.L. Stone. Anyone who has seen my reviews/notes knows I don't like to drop spoilers and I will try not to, but I cannot help fangirling about this seri

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Rewrite Redemption
  • The Other Fish in the Sea (Grab Your Pole, #2)
  • Investigating the Hottie
  • Grade A Stupid (The Darcy Walker Series, #1)
  • Pyxis (The Stardust Series, #3)
  • Finding My Pack (My Pack, #1)
  • Drop Dead Demons (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #2)
  • Broken Trouble (Broken Storm #1)
  • Flamethroat (Fire Mage, #2)
  • Lead Heart (Seraph Black, #3)
  • Brokenly Found (Faith, #2)
  • Eden High: Book 6 (Eden High #6)
  • Fallen Crest Public (Fallen Crest High, #3)
  • Splitting Seconds (Songbird Series #2)
  • Discovering Zhara: Sweet Lies & Kisses (Bad Boy Rebels #6)
  • Ransom (Redemption, #2)
  • 1/2 王子 10 (1/2 Prince, #10)
C. L. Stone likes :chocolate_bar: and #findingburiedtreasure. Her books are about :revolving_hearts: and @dark_themes and #chocolatechippancakes.

If lots of book boyfriends scare you...run. Run now.

The Ghost Bird (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • First Days (The Ghost Bird, #2)
  • Friends vs. Family (The Ghost Bird, #3)
  • Forgiveness and Permission (The Ghost Bird, #4)
  • Drop of Doubt (The Ghost Bird, #5)
  • Push and Shove (The Ghost Bird, #6)
  • House of Korba (The Ghost Bird, #7)
  • The Other Side of Envy (The Ghost Bird, #8)
  • The Healing Power of Sugar (The Ghost Bird, #9)
  • First Kiss (The Ghost Bird, #10)
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
“Will you buckle in? It’s bad enough we kidnapped you.” 191 likes
“Will you stop being cute? Your nose is smudging the window. My god, you’re worse than a puppy,” 61 likes