Start by marking “One Love, One Mistake (Family Matters, #1)” as Want to Read:
One Love, One Mistake (Family Matters, #1)

One Love, One Mistake

(Family Matters #1)

Dear Author,
One night of mistakes… and I lost him.
I loved him and seduced him for months (I am a notorious player,) and when we tried to have a relationship, my past came back to haunt me. One random consolation fuck with a co-worker, and here comes a baby. The responsible thing to do would be to marry the mother… right? But my lover will not go along with being put in the
Published July 12th 2013 by M/M Romance Group @ goodreads

To ask other readers questions about One Love, One Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Love, One Mistake

Start your review of One Love, One Mistake (Family Matters, #1)
Deeze
Jul 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
I feel bad giving 1 star to a free read, but this story really did not work for me.

The plot sounded good, but was misleading. The story was far to rushed, and the cliché female bitch was poorly handled.

The dialogue sounded wooden, nothing really flowed, instead it felt stilted and we were giving explanations of everything, instead of seeing it ourselves.

This actually felt more like an outline, kinda like the idea before it gets fleshed out into a story.

I really appreciate the work these authors
Seiran
I am not going to harp on how the female character was portrayed in this books, as others have done a great job already.

What I am irritated with is the fact that Sean was drugged and then date-raped by Cho, and then he marries her..WTF..NO NO NO! Why can't someone write a story with a strong, big guy who stands up and says no this is wrong, and I am going to do something about it. I know guys are strong and full of pride but just once I would love for an author to portray a strong alpha male sho
K
Jul 12, 2013 added it
Shelves: dritc
LHNB Story released 12.7.13
Erm... yes... okay... this is the story of two men getting back together again when one rushes his infant son into hospital to find that his ex is the treating doctor. The pair have regrets about how they split up, with them each blaming themselves. However, that was all swiftly put to one side and the ex turns up unannounced in bed with the baby and his father the next day having let himself in with the key to the house he's kept for the previous 11 months....

Okay, so
Yvonne
1.5 Stars For a first time writer it was a decent effort. But this one started off with one of those awful one dimensional evil female characters which set the tone for this short story. I also didn't find any of the other characters believable in any way. Added to this is that I found the story a little too sweet and that there was way too much telling. I do appreciate the effort involved with writing this free LHNB story, but this was just not my kind of story. ...more
Samantha
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-read
1.5 rounded up.

A lot of things about this bothered me- from the demonized female to the awkward naming of the child and overall unrealistic quality of the entire thing. But most of all, I had issues with the rot-your-teeth sweetness of this. Not my cup of tea, but I'm sure others will appreciate it.
Didi
This is a story of second chances. Sean Keogh, known as being a player, got hooked with beautiful Dr. Anthony Ryan. It was one in a lifetime relationship; until it was brutally severed by an Oh-my-gawd incident! Months passes and they met again when Sean brought his baby son who's having a colic to the A&E. And it looked like what's once been lost might have been within both of their grasps once again.

While I find second chances as beautiful story, I'm not happy with the portrayal of the female
jules0623
Averin
Jul 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
Oh another, cartoon, evil woman with no brain. Her machinations and thought processes make no sense whatsoever. And the rest? Woeful. Every time someone said "player," I heard WWE's Teddy Long and could not jam his voice into a brogue. ...more
Sylvia
Feb 02, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5☆
Hrtnsoul28
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: z-2018
Only regret is I wanted more...
mw138
Jul 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Very sweet story about lovers reuniting after a mistake/misunderstanding.

(view spoiler)
Bitchie
Jul 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance, free
Two stars for the story, added another for the donation of time and effort by the author. It had definite potential, but I hate the evil woman trying to turn the gay man straight trope, and how she went about it was horrible. I also felt it was a bit rushed, but it was a good try for a first time author. I did like both characters, and the writing itself was pretty solid, the author just needs to work on slowing things down, and not villainizing the women.
Sandra

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group's Love Has No Boundaries event. Thank you too all the amazing authors who participated!

A lot of low reviews, one reason of which being an evil female characters... I'll prob pass
Alicia
I'm sure I really liked the story the first time I read it, but on a second read not as much. This was a nice story of reconnecting with your one true love, but I found the entire story very wordy. It was all thoughts and emotions and very little in the way of dialogue. Both men also "think" to take things slow and get to know each other again, and then jump right into getting engaged. ...more
melek
All it took is one mistake a mistake he had no idea how he got into to lose the person he loves. Sean slept with a women fell pregnant then his life was over. Now sean left with an baby he loves so much even though it was a mistake that lost his love of his life. Less then a year later he meet Anthony the man he never forgot or stop loving. Can this chance meeting get another chance of happiness.
Janie
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this story!!! I am a total sucker for a m/m romance that includes children and this was wonderful! I was surprised I like it so much since I was missing a lot of dirty sex, but it was beautiful! And I loved the picture prompt, I've seen that guy and the baby a lot and I just never get tired of looking at them!! Great story, thank you so much!! ...more
Izzah Zulaikha
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was so beautiful i ken daiiiii ~(*O*~) ~(*O*)~ (~*O*)~
Damn... Still too beautiful for my heart to handle T.T
I love all them~ So meant to be with each other >__<
Wai so short? T.T Meanie.... lol
Hahaha, i seriously love this story and i will make a voodoo doll out of Cho n torture her slowly but constantly -,,-
Thank you!!!
Katy Beth Mckee
One horrible night seems to have ruined everything. They only good thing to come out of the whole mess is AJ. But AJ ends up needing medical treatment and his daddy Sean might just have a chance at a re-do.
Annika
Well, the picture prompt to this story is lovely but I'm afraid that's all I liked about this short story. The review from Deeze summarizes also my thoughts to the point so I won't repeat them here again. ...more
Jamie
Nov 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: gift-free-book, m-m
The premise is a bit silly and it’s very rushed because it’s short, but it answers the prompt and it flows well. I liked Sean and Anthony and wanted them to work it out. There’s just too much coincidence and rush and silly setup here.
GlamLawyer
Aug 07, 2014 rated it did not like it
It just didn't work for me at all. Partly it was too sweet and partly the reactions made me angry. (view spoiler) ...more
Victoria
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 - Too cute, sweet and touching. Nice interpretation of the photo and the story letter. Thank you Kelly McGrath for donating your story, your time and your talent.
Penny
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
The premise was good, but I felt that it lacked realism. Issues were resolved to quickly. 2.5 stars.
Isabel
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5*
Melanie~~
Dec 15, 2013 marked it as event-stories-unread
[NOTE: I rate most writing event stories (free reads) 4 or 5 stars because of my appreciation of the author's participation.] ...more
qx
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
1.5
Bethany
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this one!!!! Even with no sex, this story swept me off my feet!!! CAN.NOT.STOP.SMILING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Karen
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars--a sweet, quick read.
Rachel Emily
This was soooo adorable! Guys with kids, it does me in every time So glad they were able to reunite and have their HEA together with AJ. Thank you for this sweet story!
Gigi

• Chapmistres View - Adam and Ben
  • The Case of the Insufferable Slave
  • The Dreams You Made in the Dirt
  • On Edge
  • Nothing Gained (The Chosen One #4)
Kelly McGrath grew up and lives on the outskirts of Waterford, Ireland with her family. She has been an avid reader since a teenager starting with her mother’s crime novels that she squirreled away before they were taken off of her.

Over the last few years she has read more books than her social life would care to admit and has decided that it was her turn to do the writing.

Getting into the M/M Rom

Family Matters (2 books)
  • Unplanned Family (Family Matters, #2)