Start by marking “Silencer (Nick Stone, #15)” as Want to Read:
Silencer (Nick Stone, #15)

Silencer

(Nick Stone #15)

1993: Under deep cover, Nick Stone and a specialist surveillance team have spent weeks in the jungles and city streets of Colombia. Their mission: to locate the boss of the world's most murderous drugs cartel - and terminate him with extreme prejudice.

Now they can strike. But to get close enough to fire the fatal shot, Nick must reveal his face. It's a risk he's willing to
Audio CD
Published October 24th 2013 by Audiobooks (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Silencer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silencer

Nicole
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
A friend gave me this book and asked me several times if I liked it. So I always answered that I haven't read it yet because I have so many books on my list, but school is coming and no more running away. So I tried to read it. I really did.
Yet, I struggled to finish it. I skipped pages and pages. It was my first book for Andy McNab and probably the last. It's just not my type. I really wanted to know how he saved Katya, but there were so many unnecessary boring things and dull details. I guess
David Roberts
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am reviewing the SAS thriller Silencer by Andy McNab which is an excellent novel which I bought from kindle. This is the 15th installment in the Nick Stone series about an ex SAS soldier who is quite poor but makes a living doing covert missions. This book starts with him doing a covert mission in Columbia in 1993 when he was meant to shoot a druglord who was a member of the Columbian parliament and untouchable by legal means. He had to do the job with an old world war 2 gunsight that kept mis ...more
Neil
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
Another Nick Stone adventure. They are all great including this one. Globe trotting and a definite thriller. Action and adventure. Most of the book is edge of the seat stuff. Roll on the next one.
yassie
Aug 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
My mum's friend gave this to me to borrow to read before he does. When he gave it to me I felt too bad to say no as it's not really my cup of tea but I decide to read it anyway...and I actually enjoyed it. It was fast-paced and gripping but easy to read. I probably won't pick up any other McNab books unless I'm lent them again or maybe if they take my fancy in a second-hand shop but nonetheless it was good.
Jamie Bowen
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
This book has been sat in my to read pile for quite some time, I can see why after reading it. To be fair, it's not all that bad, just feels a little bit clunky and whilst the drama and suspense builds up, how these situations are resolved seems too easy. The book travels the world from Russia to Hong Kong to America and Mexico, mixing drugs cartels and organ harvestation. I've read quite a bit of Andy McNab over the years, this is probably not his best.
Charles
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's beginning to get old for me because it's getting old for McNab. He needs some way to shake this series up. I recommend Bruen
Bev Taylor
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
nick stone must confront his past to survive

in 1993 nick is in the jungle in costa rica to take out a drug overlord. he is successful

on to the present day and he is in russia with his life in partner awaiting the birth of their child

as an ex sas troubleshooter he knows the oast will never go away and when a threat comes from an old adversary he has to denounce his personal life and get back into action #

this moves to modovia, hong kong and mexico ...... but will his personal life survive ?

th
Richard
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Another awesome Nick Stone mission! Book number 15 in the series did not disappoint! This is my go to author for pure enjoyment. I have not rated a book in the series less than 4 stars. Please give this author and series a shot, I promise you.Will not be disappointed! A very solid 4.5 Stars! I now patiently await book number 16.....Thank you Andy for a nice vacation from reality!
Russell
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great read- Stone's character is just too cool for school! So chilled and kicked back with a great attitude to life. McNab writes with style and humour, with lines that are just laugh out loud funny. I much prefer McNab's style to the often compared Chris Ryan, but both are skilled at telling excellent tales backed by real life knowledge that shines through. Highly recommended!
Greg Reynolds
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Nick Stone novel with all the right ingredients well told. It would be a good introduction to the series as there is not much background knowledge required. Plus plenty of bad guys get given the good news.
Katherine
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh how I love Mr McNab ... another wonderful Nick Stone effort - far from running out of ideas so far in to the series (and now that Stone's character is a little long in the tooth!), I actually enjoy every one even more than the last!!
Helen
Dec 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll always read you, Andy McNab. But Silencer isn't quite as strong as the earlier books; it's missing something, a bit of tradecraft, a bit of believability, that the earlier books have so much of. Still--I'm already looking forward to his next one.
Jim Whitefield
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great 'Nick Stone' novel from the ever exciting Andy McNab. As edge of seat and nail-biting as ever. Never fails to please.
Paul
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The last great book in a great series.
Chris
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An excellent suspense thriller.
Mark Williams
Not one of his best by any means, i found myself drifting many times.
Graham Armstrong
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Didn't stop from start to finish.
Paul
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best Nick Stone book yet.
Criticalmick
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it
"Here's a Scarlet Pimpernel IPA, Mick! You must need it after that long drive."

"Thanks! I do! But the trek down to Killarney wasn't that bad. I had a book on tape to keep me company."

"Oh! What was it?"

"Silencer, by that Bravo Two Zero guy."

"McNab! Yeah! Was it good?"

Glug glug.

"If you're in the mood for 'run-run-shoot-stab-chase-augghh, ya got me,' it's OK."

"Makes the miles pass, I guess."

"One Russian baddie gets killed with a TV remote! Not joking." Glug glug.

"That's nice! Does the action fly of
John Cheeseman
Mar 05, 2017 rated it liked it
I quite liked the book and enjoyed the action, learning about the south american gangs and Cartel's and the tradecraft Nick Stone uses but what ruined it for me was the absurd coincidences of all the main protaganists knowing each other which caused all the drama in the 1st place. With 8 billion people on the planet the chances of this 4 interlinked people was so astronomical to be absurd, plus the fact she didnt change the code on the super secret door didnt make sense when the woman was so sec ...more
Chris

A cracking read, full of down-to-earth full-on action. Nice small chapters too which I prefer and for some reason makes me read quicker (maybe because when I think, 'I'll just read one more chapter" I know that it isn't going to take too long rather than not bothering with bigger chapters. Does that make sense?). Anyway, I'm not sure why I haven't read more of these books. I've read Aggressor and thoroughly enjoyed it. This wasn't as good but only marginally. I'll definitely be reading
Colin Guest
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From reading a number of Nick Stones books, I knew this one would be right up my street. I bought it online and was not disappointed when I read it. As usual the book is packed with action from start to finish. It covers what to me is a frightening new method used by unscrupulous people to make vast sums of money. The plot is fast action with as expected from Nick, a great deal of violence in it.
Robert Richmond
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not memorable
Peter Thomas
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adventure, fiction
I didn’t finish this book, I found the first hundred pages a struggle and gave up. Nothing seems to happen and it was slow to get going.
Ernest Carter
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

Usual Mc Nab stuff but always a good read a bit too much jumping around the world on this one
Dave Ganter
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Part of my annual fluff-reads catalogue. Easy and thrilling, but unbelievable at points. Generally very enjoyable.
Tom Pycroft
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Keith
Aug 10, 2017 added it
Once again brilliant descriptions when I was reading the HongKong section it brought back memories that I had of the place. Once again Andy McNab brought out hero Nick Stone to life.
Jo Trelfa
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent Nick Stone adventure, never takes me long to read them. I find Ady McNab books thrilling.
Karen Gibb
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent!!

I feel sorry for Nick Stone because he really is the unluckiest man on the planet, when one nightmare is over a new appears straight away! How he has stayed alive all this time is astonishing, I know he is trained and has amazing skills but I think he is a bit jammy too!!!!

I cannot recommend this series of books enough!!

• 3 Para
  • The Hit List
  • Traitor (Stratton, #6)
  • Barefoot Soldier
  • Timebomb
  • Blood and Ashes (Joe Hunter, #5)
Andy McNab joined the infantry in 1976 as a boy soldier. In 1984 he was badged as a member of 22 SAS Regiment. He served in B Squadron 22 SAS for ten years and worked on both covert and overt special operations worldwide, including anti-terrorist and anti-drug operations in the Middle and Far East, South and Central America and Northern Ireland.

Trained as a specialist in counter terrorism, prime t

Nick Stone (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Remote Control (Nick Stone, #1)
  • Crisis Four (Nick Stone, #2)
  • Firewall (Nick Stone, #3)
  • Last Light (Nick Stone, #4)
  • Liberation Day (Nick Stone, #5)
  • Dark Winter (Nick Stone, #6)
  • Deep Black (Nick Stone, #7)
  • Aggressor (Nick Stone, #8)
  • Recoil (Nick Stone, #9)
  • Crossfire (Nick Stone, #10)