Start by marking “Ignite (Explosive, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ignite (Explosive, #1)

Ignite

(Explosive #1)

In just twenty-seven short years, Alexa Sullivan Tate has already lost the two great loves of her life. One to the Army; the other in a tragic car accident. Two years after the latter, a ghost from the past reappears, igniting feelings in Alexa she’d thought long dormant.

Jace McAllister has spent the last ten years in the Army, defusing bomb after bomb, trying to forget th
Published October 28th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Ignite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ignite

Candace
After reading the blurb for this book, I expected this book to be more emotional - and frankly, depressing - than it ended up being. There were definitely some sad, sentimental moments, but the overall climate of the book was sweet and uplifting. I found this to be a great, heartwarming, second-chance romance.

The story centers on Alexa Sullivan Tate, who tragically loses her husband at a young age. When she is reunited with her first love at her older sister's class reunion, she is again reminde
Christy
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!!!

Ignite photo a8a6f8ab-c4f8-4218-aeab-6bed7f774475_zpsf87612d9.jpg

A beautiful, explosive friends to lovers/second chance love story with a sexy and swoony military hero... seriously people, what is not to love? A debut novel that knocked it out of the park ;)

Alexa Sullivan and Jace McAllister are the best of friends all through high school. Jace is just a year older than Lexi, in the same class as her sister, Sierra. Lexi has it bad for Jace, but she has never told him how she felt. If he didn’t return the feelings, she would be crushed and she co
Mo
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it

4.5 sexy stars

I fucking hate you sometimes …..

Well the first line of the book certainly caught my attention.

Alexa/Lexi really loves her Baseball – haven’t a clue about the game myself but even I was getting excited when they were at a game.

Gotta love a man in uniform!

This was a debut novel by this author. I thought the writing was fantastic, the story flowed along nicely. I usually LOVE a Badass Alpha Hero but sometimes it is great to read about a nice, decent, down to earth, normal guy!

Sex s
J. Derek
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
DISCLAIMER: I'm lucky enough to have married this author. But don't discount my review, I've done my best to be objective, so even though I clearly gave it five stars that doesn't mean it's in any way undeserving (or coerced).

I'm going to start off by prefacing my review with the fact that this book is not something I would normally read but the author looked hot so I decided to give it a try. I do have a little experience in reading/listening to romance books someone left on my iPod... but the
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
4 Second Chance Stars

I put my index finger to his lips. "Jace, if I never see you again, "I'll remember this night for the rest of my life."

Overcome by the loss of her husband, Alexa becomes a recluse, hiding from the rest of the world, only coming out when necessary.

She's finally brought out of her shell by her friend, when she invites her to come with her and her husband to their high school reunion.

There she sees Jace again. Her first love, her first in every way that matters. She'd loved
Lisa Jayne
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 JACE MCALLISTER STARS.

description

Sweeter than a cadbury's chocolate giant button, 'ignite' certainly reached into the romantic depths and delivered a story of second chance love, coupled with an air of heartache that combined together produced a heart warming tale that stole my reading hours and made me fall in love. Welcome to my squishy, smiley, loved up book thoughts ...
description

What's it all about?
Alexa Sullivan has found herself a widow at the young age of twenty seven, nursing a broken heart and a future th
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
I think I must be a hard hearted cow or something!

But this book was just too much. Too much cheese, on top of cheese with a side ordering of cheese!

And boring! An awful lot of nothing happening, for an awful lot of pages other than overly cheesy declarations to anyone who will listen!

And Jace seemed to have some issue with a "twitching" dick. And if it was not twitching, his groin was feeling a "pull" I think he needed to get that checked out! But he managed to pass it onto Alexa who managed to
ღFloღ the coffee addict
3.5 **fun** STARS

“Damn, girl, you realize this is the stuff epic love stories are made of, right?”

Both quotes pretty much tell you everything you need to know. It's epic. It's my holy grail of romance tropes - second chance love. It's hot. It pulls on your heartstrings and I just adored this book. A really light and sweet read. And that's pretty much all I have to say at this point in time. ;D

Michelle
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
ARC received from author

****** 5++++Explosive Stars*****

"You're my past, my present, and I want you to be my future."

First and foremost, I want to thank Tessa Teevan for giving me an ARC of her debut book, Ignite. This book was truly a joy to read. It had me squealing with laughter, awing at the sweet and loving moments, brought tears to my eyes and of course had me yearning for more. I know Tessa was a little nervous about my review since she had read my previous review about a widower/old
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I love second chances, time to redeem and get what you want most in life. This story warmed my heart. It started out with a tragedy, Alexa losing her husband, Ty, in a tragic accident, however the last words spoken by him to her, was "I fucking hate you, sometimes". Really.... why??? We never did find out. I think that's my biggest hang up on loving this instead of just liking it. However it didn't stop me from liking the story of Alexa & Jace. They're beautiful, they're perfect for each oth ...more
* Meli Mel *
~Arc kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review~

♥♥♥ 4.25 'Second Chance at Love' Stars ♥♥♥

Alexa Sullivan and Jace McAllister are the bestest of friends. There wasn't a moment they weren't together in their high school years. They have experienced a lot of good times together. But, Alexa feels more for him than just friendship. The problem is that she is afraid that he may not feel the same. So in order to not lose him, she keeps quiet. Jace has had feelings for Alexa since the
Catarina
4 Burning Stars.

Ten years ago Lexie and Jace were best-friends that were secretly in love with each other. For many years they hid their feelings until the night before Jace joined the army. On that night they confessed their feelings and everything changed. Unfortunately, when Jace comes back in a leave a few months after, he finds out that Lexie has moved to another state and he has no means of contacting her.
Ten years pass with them not seeing each other, but their feelings never quite disap
♡Karlyn P♡

2.5* 'The Hero deserved WAY better' Stars

Overall I did enjoy this one, but have you ever read a book where you thought one of the main characters was just way too good for the other? This is one of those books for me.

Jace is UH-MAY-ZING, I looooved this guy. What a great character! He has been in love with Lexi his whole life, and now that he has a chance again he does not want to lose her this time. He is a SEAL, reasonable, and such a gentleman.

Lexi is an F'N BITCH. Sorry if you disagree with
Anna
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it

For anyone who's ever needed a second chance, this is for you.

My Jace

This was such a sweet, sexy, and fun second chances love story. I'm a huge fan ❤
Jenn
Beta/ARC provided by author for an honest review. Thank you Tessa so much for the opportunity to read your book.
*******************************************************

What happens when you come face-to-face with the love of your life after a decade? A spark is ignited, feelings resurface and second chances are reborn. That's what happens.

"...You were my only. You were it for me. My homerun. My grand slam. My perfect game. ..." (Jace)

Lexi and Jace meet in high school. He's one year ahead of he
Didi
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Didi by: Mo
I'm definitely in the minority here. Everyone else loved this, but me.

The sad part is, I was excited for it. It sounded wonderful and I'm all for second chances. But in truth, I found 'Ignite' boring. I love dual POV's but reading the same scene from both POV's became redundant and overdone. Dual POV's works when different scenes are told by the two main characters. There's a fluidity there that keeps the reader interested.

The other thing that bothered me was the overly mature speaking, Ava. The
Jacqueline's Reads
Sep 24, 2013 marked it as freebie
OH.My.God!!! FREEEE - > http://amzn.to/1G3Fe4l

**EXCERPT BELOW**

-----
At one point I see her eyeing the tattoo on my forearm and before I know it her fingers graze over the italic words and the jagged, raised scar that underlines them as she reads aloud to herself. “Vulneratus non victus. What does it mean?”

I begin to tell her about the time when a roadside IED hit the Humvee in front of mine. My left arm had been hanging out the window and a piece of shrapnel tore into it. I had a four inch ga
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

photo tumblr_mxsqq1ebsy1qlgr6qo1_500.gif

and Jace McAllister is one of them.

photo zac-efron-1325656021.jpg

Jace and Alexa are high school mates an been circling each other hiding their feelings and staying as best mates. One the day of his graduation party and also last day before he leaves for army, they decide to open up and tell their feelings.

That night leaves both hot and heavy and promises were made.

photo sexgif.gif

Sadly, fate didn't not bring them together until few years later.
It was explosive and sexual tension between is simply ......*fans*

photo tumblr_inline_mghxkbaLoY1qgumxh.gif

And my Alexa:

photo Ashley-Benson-ashley-benson-32093038-500-691.png

Jace does
♥Sharon♥
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

I really enjoy reading second chance romance books and I have to say Ignite has turned out to be one of the better ones for me. It was sweet, tender, sexy and HOT!

This is my first book by Tessa Teevan and I thought it was great. I found the flow of the story to be wonderful even though it covered a 10 year span in time. I appreciated everything Tessa shared about Jace and Alexa . It just made their story even more special.

photo Ignitecollage1_zps43ad49f3.jpg

Jace and Alexa’s high school relationship was one that I adored.
Duchess Nicole
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
Putting this one on hold. I usually love second chance romances and the fact that the heroine is a widow made me think "older" despite the New Adult-ish cover. I've only read up to about 20% but the heroine seems a little immature and quite frankly, the story is just dull up to this point. I may pick this up later if I want to do some housecleaning of my bookshelves. I've read a lot of books that started off poorly and improved later on, so I don't want to write it completely off.
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
(ARC provided by author)

This was a beautiful story of friendship and love. Love lost, love found, and second chances. Alexa Sullivan aka Lexi grows up in Navarre Beach. All through high school she is secretly in love with her best friend Jace McAllister. Jace is one year ahead of her and in her sisters graduating class. The night of graduation Jace and Lexi reveal their true feelings to one another. It turns out Jace has always had a thing for Lexi too. The following day Jace leaves for the army
Lyndy Ann ♫
Jul 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ignite is a beautiful friends to lovers, second chance love story that is written over an 18 years time period.

Alexa Sullivan Tate has been grieving for her husband Ty for nearly 18 months. She is headed back home with her big sis Sierra, her husband Jeremy and their little daughter Ava, Lexi is the nanny while they go to their high school reunion but Sierra has others plans for Lexi.

Jace McAllister has been in the Army for the last decade working as a bomb disposal technician but he has never f
Paige
4.5 "Perfect Fit" Stars

I originally read Alexa and Jace's story soon after it was published the first time. I really enjoyed it then but as I reread it for the second time, I fell for it even harder. They have a powerful second chance romance that left me breathless and with all sorts of warm fuzzies. I loved that even though they had challenges to face, they never wavered in their love and devotion to each other once they reconnected. After spending 10 years apart, they both lived lives filled
5 Stars!!!

(ARC provided by author)

I'm literally in book heaven right now.
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this fabulous book from the author.
The synopsis sounded so good and Tessa Teevan did not disappoint!!!

If you love Friends to Lovers and Second Chance Love stories, then this book is for you!!!

photo image_zps2577ce57.jpg

This is the story of Lexi Sullivan and Jace McAllister.
They were the best of friends in a High School.
Jace was the HS baseball star and Lexi was his side kick.
She's a year younger but the two ar
Lydia H
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
“So thankful that I’m getting a second chance, Alexa. So damned thankful.” - Jace

Every once in a while, there comes a book that reaches deep inside you and stays with you for days, weeks, even months. That’s what happened to me with Ignite. There aren't enough words to describe just how much I truly LOVED this book. Trust me, it's fan-freaking-tastic!!!
“We stood there, wrapped up in each other, kissing like two people who’d been missing each other for their entire lives. It was as if we we
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

4 stars!

What a sweet book. This is a book about second chances in love...

Alexa is 27 years old and a widow. Her husband died in a car accident and one and a half years later she is still struggling with this...

When Alexa's sister is going to her high school reunion, Alexa is taken back to the past, where she sees her first love, her childhood best friend, the boy whom she gave her virginity to-
Jace:

So... Jace and Alexa were inseparable in school. Only they never admitted their feelings to each o
Aestas Book Blog
Oct 28, 2013 marked it as to-read

After nearly a year and a half of grieving the loss of her husband, twenty-seven year old Alexa Sullivan Tate is headed back to her hometown after a decade of being away. She has no idea her high school crush, Jace McAllister, the guy who stole her heart the same night that he broke it, is more than ready to pick up the pieces.

Jace has spent the last ten years in the Army defusing bomb after bomb, trying to forget the girl who ignited all his passions. Little does he know that the spark still e
.Lili.
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
 photo tumblr_md3mj7tduc1qkvhkao4_250_zps6cd06f67.gif

Ignite by Tessa Teevan was a wonderful surprise. This story contains some of my favorite romance plots: best friends, friends to lovers, and second chance romance.

photo tumblr_m6yqvw0R681rucqddo1_400_zps6c60b181.gif

This is the story of Alexa and Jace's. They were best friends in high school. Throughout their friendship both had stronger feelings but were too scared to act on it. On the night of Jace's graduation he reveals his true feelings along with the fact that he's leaving for the army the following morning.

photo tumblr_mwkr96qcLW1t24c5qo1_r1_400_zps7eb852f2.gif

Unfortuntely both lose touch for
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**
***3 Saccharine Sweet and Frustrating Stars***

This one is definitely a case of

Jace and Alexa's reunion and romance was sweet....a little TOO sweet for me tastes.

Jace laid his heart out at every opportunity and had the patience of a saint. And though I could sympathize with Alexa, after a while she just frustrated me. It's not like this was a whirlwind romance. They were the best of friends for three years in high school and even admitted their feelings for each other back then...after a while,
Sara
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-read
3.5 stars for hunky soldier Jace!
The book starts off with the hateful last words of Alexa's husband. She lost her husband in a bad accident and the last words she hears from him are "I fucking hate you sometimes". Alexa is trying to move on and get back into the land of the living. She's shut herself off. I completely loved anything her sister Sierra said! She was such a loving snarky sister. She really supported her sister getting back into living life. One way she did that was to orchestrate A
New Adult Corner: This topic has been closed to new comments. Jan 1-15th Book: Ignite 8 20 Jan 14, 2014 08:15PM
  • The One Left Behind (The One, #1)
  • Lie to Me (Redemption, #1)
  • Not Alone (Brown County, #1)
  • Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1)
  • Release (Captured, #2)
  • Fraternizing (Fraternizing, #1)
  • If I Return (The 12 NA's of Christmas)
  • Ripping Pages
  • Every Breath (Every Life, #1)
  • Catch My Fall (Catch, #1)
  • Ever Enough (Ever Enough, #1)
  • Beautifully Awake (Beautifully Awake, #1)
  • Searching for Tomorrow (Tomorrows #1)
  • Let It Be Me
  • Feel the Rush (Hard Feelings, #2)
  • Broken Wings (Broken, #1)
  • Beside Your Heart (The Heart, #1)
  • Night Moves (G-Man, #3)
Tessa is a twenty-something book junkie who's also obsessed with sports. She's a research analyst by day, writer by night, and married to her best friend for over a decade. If she's not writing, you can probably find her curled up with her Kindle and a glass of wine or cheering on the Reds, Bengals, and Buckeyes!

Explosive (5 books)
  • Incinerate (Explosive, #2)
  • Inflame (Explosive, #3)
  • Intoxicate (Explosive, #4)
  • Fusion (Explosive, #5)
“You were it for me. My homerun. My grand slam. My perfect game. I’ve never, I will never, ever want anyone but you,” 20 likes
“I settle on a lounge chair, all prepared to dive into Kristen Ashley’s latest novel, Breathe. This woman makes me want to pack my bags and move to Colorado in order to find a bad-ass Alpha man. You know, if I ever plan on finding a man again. As I power up my Kindle, all ready to get to know Chace and Faye” 12 likes