Start by marking “Ghost Hunt, Volume 11 (Ghost Hunt, #11)” as Want to Read:
Ghost Hunt, Volume 11 (Ghost Hunt, #11)

Ghost Hunt, Volume 11

(Ghost Hunt #11)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  382 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
THE LAST HUNT

The intrepid ghost hunters of Shibuya Psychic Research are in the middle of their most challenging case yet: an abandoned school that may be haunted by ravenous spirits of the dead. Can Mai, Naru, and the gang solve the case before the wicked spirits strike again—and silence them forever?

FINAL VOLUME
Published November 23rd 2010 by Del Rey (first published August 6th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Ghost Hunt, Volume 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost Hunt, Volume 11

Miriam
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ghosts, graphic
I AM SUPER UPSET WITH DEL REY RIGHT NOW.

Apparently they stopped publishing this series in English with this volume. WHYYYY?! How can you leave all the readers hanging like that, in the middle of dredging a lake for a missing person after finally beginning to hint that some of Naru's secrets would be explained? And teasing about another character's secrets as well? That is such a bitch move, publishers.

And this was such a strong installment, too! Creepy and scary, while at the same time unexpect
Rebecca McNutt
I decided to pick up this series again, and I'm really glad to see it finally improving now that its gotten away from its repetition and cutesy cliche subplots. It's great that Lin-San (Mr. Lin in English, I think??) is getting a bigger role in the series too, since he's one of my favourite characters and the trivia about Chinese sorcery that comes along with him his very interesting.
Umaiya ✨Insignificant September✨

I.Covered.My.Eyes.Reading.A.Manga.

Oh yeah total horror movie style. Jeepers! It wasn't supposed to scare me!
I hate kids! Especially ghost kids! *shudders* Not cool.
Cornerofmadness
Feb 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Caidyn (SEMI-HIATUS; BW Reviews; he/him/his)
This review and others can be found on BW Book Reviews.

3.5/5

All right, story time.

When I read scary things, I like to set the mood for it. I like being creeped out. I enjoy being a little scared. So, for this book, I got a station on Pandora playing (Spooky Symphonies for those who care) and I turned out the lights in my room so I could only use the flashlight on my phone for light. Quickly, I settled into the rhythm the last volume left off with, finding my heart beating faster and faster. And
Jane Rose
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
(stejná recenze u každého dílu)
Kresba se mi moc nelíbila, ale dalo se na to dívat.
Příběh celkem ušel, tedy až na ten konec. Konec mě opravdu zklamal, očekávala jsem něco úplně jiného. Asi by mělo být dobře, že mě autorka dokázala překvapit, ale v tomhle případě bych byla radši, kdyby se to odehrávalo spíše podle mých představ. (view spoiler)
Karen
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, manga
4.5
Haylee Huddleston
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spring-2018
Now I get to read the last volume as a scanlation. Thanks, Kodansha.
Anma Natsu
Feb 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
The last two volumes of the manga go one story past the anime adaption, but alas, still leaves much untold. In some ways, its a little more frustrating because it finally brings up Naru's brother, but we're left with many more questions that will remain unanswered as the light novel series has never been licensed :(
Fatemeh
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
چهار و نیم.
داستان خیلی بهتر از اون چیزی که فکرشو می کردم بود. واقعاً خیلی خوب بود؛ مخصوصاً از پارت دو به بعد(تقریباً بعد از صفحه چهل)ولی داستان هنوز تموم نشده. جلد بعدی کل پرونده بسته میشه (اگرچه کیس مدرسه تو این جلد تموم شد)

چیزی که تو این جلد نظرمو جلب کرد مای بود. کلاً از دخترای اینطوری خوشم نمیاد زیاد، ولی از مای خوشم میومد. مخصوصاً توی این جلد واقعاً بهش علاقه مند شدم.

یه مقدار اسپویل داره اینجا:
اونجایی که مای وقتی روح بچه هارو میبینه که تبدیل شدن به گاکی (اگر درست نوشته باشم) و میگه:
There's
Miss Ryoko
Dec 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
GAH!! This was a good volume!! I really enjoyed this storyline a lot! And I'm happy it came to a close by the end of the volume. As the pages kept getting fewer and fewer, I was getting worried that the story arc would be continued in the last volume that I don't have access to, but I'm so happy it didn't. Of course, I'm dying to know what the real "case" waiting for us back home is, but I'm satisfied with this as a potential ending.

Ghost Hunt is a great series! I do enjoy the anime more than th
Selena
I'm going to miss this series now that it's over.

...Or is it over? That last page... It says on the back of the book "The Last Hunt" but the last page says, "The real 'case' was waiting for us back home."

I loved this volume, but there are a lot of loose ends. What about Naru's brother? What's this "real case" Mai was talking about at the end?

I want to know!

EDIT: I looked it up. Apparently there are 12 volumes but only 11 ever got translated. Why no last volume?

Lindsey
Feb 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, dark-n-scary
First off, has Shiho Inada's art changed over the series? It seems like the characters in this book were off somehow. I know it sounds weird but were their upper lips longer?

This volume was good but was a little thin and lacked the usual humor. I actually thought this was the last book so I was a little confused and disappointed at the end. But now I see the series ends with volume 12. So... WHEN DOES IT COME OUT IN ENGLISH?
General H. Sassafras
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I really liked this storyline - I wish they would've made it in the animu.

More importantly

I hate that this ends on a cliffhanger, because I'll probably never buy book 12 in Japanese...well, I take that back. I might buy books 10-12 in Japanese, but it's lower on my priorities list. :o Loveless and D.Gray-man are going to come first. <3

But I really liked the storyline - the art was effective - and even if I hate Mai, I really liked how things were woven together in the end.
Kathryn
May 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
If it has been a while since you read Volume 10 I highly suggest rereading it before starting this one. Volume 11 picks up right where 10 left off, right in the middle of the story. This story is sneaky and will surprise you.
Nephilim
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love the story line but the ending. I think the other should go more into the relationship between Mia and Naru. (Spoiler ahead) I Also like how Naru is Oliver Davis. And the Naru in Mia's dream was Naru's twin brother.
Christine
So glad this ended happily, I thought it was going to end as a cliffhanger with the school case unsolved until the next volume.
Fay
The feels guys, the feels. This volume was by far one of the best.
Rachel (Sfogs)
May 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the ending! It was adorable!
Though when the 'children' where in the hall way as she was going to the class room...that was freaky!
Shannon
Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: online-read, manga
Fantastic! Finally, Mai saved the day!
PS-I cried!
  • Hideyuki Kikuchi's Vampire Hunter D, Volume 04
  • X/1999, Volume 16: Nocturne
  • Gimmick!, Volume 1
  • Natsume's Book of Friends, Vol. 2
  • Psychic Detective Yakumo Vol. 1 (Suzuka Oda)
  • Mushishi, Vol. 8/9/10

Ghost Hunt (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Ghost Hunt, Vol. 1 (Ghost Hunt, #1)
  • Ghost Hunt, Vol. 2 (Ghost Hunt, #2)
  • Ghost Hunt, Vol. 3 (Ghost Hunt, #3)
  • Ghost Hunt, Vol. 4 (Ghost Hunt, #4)
  • Ghost Hunt, Vol. 5 (Ghost Hunt, #5)
  • Ghost Hunt, Vol. 6 (Ghost Hunt, #6)
  • Ghost Hunt, Vol. 7 (Ghost Hunt, #7)
  • Ghost Hunt, Vol. 8 (Ghost Hunt, #8)
  • Ghost Hunt, Vol. 9 (Ghost Hunt, #9)
  • Ghost Hunt, Vol. 10 (Ghost Hunt, #10)