Start by marking “It Was Me (Abby and West, #2)” as Want to Read:
It Was Me (Abby and West, #2)

It Was Me

(Abby and West #2)

All West Montgomery wanted was a vacation. A week-long stay in Tucson with Abby and her parents, a chance to get away for the week, the opportunity to get to know her family a little better and maybe carve out a little alone time with his girlfriend.

What he doesn't count on is finding a way to resume his baseball career.

Encouraged by Abby and her father to attend a MLB
Published July 30th 2013 by Mission Bay Publishing

To ask other readers questions about It Was Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Was Me

Start your review of It Was Me (Abby and West, #2)
Paula  Phillips
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
After a bit of struggling with books this morning as I tried two books before this one and they were both DNF. I felt in the mood to read a book that I knew would not be an automatic DNF for me as I love Anna Cruise's books. It has been a few years since I read the first book in the series, but due to my memory, I remember what happened - well enough anyway. At the end of Book #1, Abby and West were trying to salvage their relationship as Annika had tricked West into thinking she was Abby. This, ...more
Kelli
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing

My Review:

I was lucky enough to receive an ARC for this book and as soon as it was delivered last night, I devoured it. I had to literally force myself to set it down so I could get some sleep. However, as soon as I woke up, West and Abby were on my mind and before I even made a cup of coffee, I was starting where I left off.

It Was Me starts about a year after It Was You left off and unlike that one, It Was Me is told from West’s point of view. I don’t
☀️*•*•*☀️CoNnOrBeLl☀️*•*•*☀️
 photo eH0lkg3C_zps5itmhlkf.gif

photo EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER_zpsgpftpkh9.gif

photo 25ssta_zpsunwiq1si.png

This book was only save because it was West's POV if it was Abby's I would've DNF it so fast. It was bad enough with what she did to West in his own words but if I saw her thoughts and feelings I know that I wouldn't have been able to finish the book.

And I still don't like Abby's sister she can do everything to try to change but I will always see the same girl from the first book.

Overall it was a good book thank god for West.

{MY LIKE SCALE}
 photo floral-divider_9_lg1_zpswxkfrnrr.gif
Romance: 4/5 (they were so great together in the
Marie
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love West..like to death. I was excited when I learned that It Was Me was told in his POV. I loved being in his head and hearing his thoughts.

The story line was AH-MAZ-ING. Anna Cruise did not disappoint with telling West & Abby's story. I thought that after It Was You, West and Abby would have their HEA instead I now know they get HEAFN (HEA for now). Ms. Cruise writes so that when you read, you feel the emotions , and I won't lie It Was Me had me crying like a baby at one
Resch Reads
Jul 09, 2014 rated it liked it
I have so many mixed emotions with this book. First off, frustration comes to mind. The entire book you know that something is wrong, something is sketchy and off but you don’t find out until 60-70%. Do you know how painful it is to know that the entire plot revolves around this one thing and you don’t find it until the end of the book?! It is AWEFUL, but by that point, I was spent and p*ssed and just wanted to know what was going on because I am that kinda reader, just be straight with me, my ...more
Tara
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
This next book was so addicting I had to go ahead and finish up the series before I could post my review. So – my thoughts are being based off of the series as a whole (there are 3 books in total).

It Was You (Abby and West #1)
It Was Me (Abby and West #2)
It Was Us (Abby and West #3)

These characters had me from the first chapter. I really enjoyed Abby’s spunk and her desire to be an individual. All her life she has been in the shadow of her twin, Annika. This is not the typical sibling
PAULA
Jul 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
IT WAS ME (IT WAS YOU 2) by ANNA CRUISE

As expected, Anna did not disappoint. It Was Me was everything I was hoping for. She did an awesome job in writing a sequel to It Was Me and I want more.

I have to admit though, it’s been so long since I have read It Was Me & before I read this book, my memories of the first installment is a bit of a blur. But when I read the first sentence of Chapter 1, it all came back and I was so excited to know what happened to Abby & West.

If you have read It
Heather andrews
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was so glad when I heard Abby and West were getting a second story, and that it was going to be in West's point of view. There are certain males that I love getting inside their head and West was one of the males that I loved being in his head and seeing his point of view on things. Although there were times in the book I wished we would get Abby's point of view especially in a certain situation. But I really enjoyed West's mind, "I wasn't saying they're bad. I know they aren't. But I wasn't ...more
Natalie
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: prime
The 2nd book in this series was great too. After the situation where Annika showed up in the first book and tricked West into trying to have sex with her, I am so glad that Abby and West got back together. Now they are on vacation with Abbys family and having a great time. They talk West into showing up at a Baseball combine and he does well, scouted by teams as well as colleges. He has so many offers and they are very happy to be moving forward in their life.

Then something changes and Abby
Jessica
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really loved the continuation of Abby and West's story. Anna Cruise always does an excellent job at the male p.o.v. and did not disappoint in It Was Me as we got to have this story from West's point of view.

The story started off very sweet, and almost happily ever after-ish for Abby and West, but life is never going to be perfect. Like any couple, they will continue to battle through tough circumstances, and in It Was Me, we see that in full force. However, instead of being in an emotional
Melissa Pearl
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another great Anna Cruise read :)

If you don't fall in love with West while reading It Was You, then you probably will during It Was Me.
He is awesome! I love his tenacity...and I love the way he loves Abby.

This was another quick read that was hard to put down. I read it in a day and although I struggled through a few chapters nearer the end, it was only because I was desperate for a quick resolution.

The banter between Abby and West continues to be awesome and it was nice to see Annika's character
Ana Carvalheiro
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2, u need to read "It was me" first so u can meet the awesome couple Abby and West.
another book to read in one go. Abby&West are happy and something happens, not a twin though... its their love strong to get trough the tough rough paths that cross their love?!...
Anna, i really love your writting and as usual i cant put the book down until im done with it!! u're addicting!!! This one i think its worth the 5 stars!!! and cant wait for book 3!!! pretty please!!!

people ready Anna
Jennifer Dale
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loaned-myself
I was so stoked to find out the continuation of this series is in West POV. And taken place about a year after the first book ended.

I love how West is so blunt and to the point. Its nice that the story doesn't drag out his feelings.

What I didn't like is how Abby handled the news she got. I know what her intentions were but I think it could have been handled differently... But if it was handled differently than severa ++ chapters wouldn't have been needed.

Not a persoanl best BUT a great second
Nancy
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
How fun to read a book from the guy's point of view! What I love so much about Anna's books are that they are rooted in normalcy. These are normal young people going though the ups and downs of becoming. I also love that they have just the right amount of heat vs. deep moments. And finally, I love that we are getting glimpses of these characters a little bit at a time. It gives us just enough time in between books to imagine what might be going on in their lives. I can honestly say I can't wait ...more
Anna
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Usually I love the first book in a series, so much more than any other book. The first book is when you learn about the characters and the plot. However, as much as I loved It Was You, I have to say, It Was Me is SOOO much better! Both characters have their issues, and then to mix in the family drama, just adds to the story. The only thing I question, possibly for the third book, is the lack of condom usage. There is never a mention of protected sex. It’s a wonder how Abby is not pregnant yet.
Tracy
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: OVER 18
Recommended to Tracy by: Goodreads
Thanks to the author for writing another phenomenal book. The challenge the characters had to go though. The painfully thing Abby had to go though. Decide what to do with college, West, and her other. There was a lot of twists and turns though out the book. Sad moment and exciting and thrilling moments.Another book you just can't seem to put down. Thanks to the author for an amazing job writing this book and series.
circumspect4
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book from Anna Cruise involving Abby & West. In this book, Abby and West have joined her family on a family vacation, with her wicked twin sister, of course. While on vacation, West is giving the opportunity to play college baseball and possibly the major leagues, which has always been his dream. In this book, we see some of the inner demons of West. You also see more of West's best friend, Griffin in this book as well. Very easy read.
Saskia 'follow my shoes' Smith
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
I enjoyed this second book though it seems a bit rushed in some parts but still worth the read, only concern is I think there will be plenty more as it seems there is no ending. Its over all an enjoyable read worth buying. I loved the main characters, esp West as he was obviously madly in love with her from the start!
**NOTE Book 1 is still my favorite.****
GTR33GURL
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I liked the first book but I loved this one seriously I'm in love with west and Abby there relationship was awesome until disaster hit then things got crazy and life just sucked but I must say I hated Annika but she's totally growing on me sarcastic and smart mouth and Tana and Griff oh yeah I think I found a love connection lol anyway I loved this book can't wait for the next one!!!!
Karen
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
After reading It Was You, I wondered where this story could go, but I wasn't disappointed. This story returns to Abby and West, and a chance for West to realise his dreams as a baseball player and an opportunity to play at College with a full scholarship, but Abby has some news that shatters both of their worlds.

Anna writes a wonderful romance story, full of tension and drama.
Kari
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think I may have liked West's POV more than Abby's! There were times in both these books that West borderlined coming off like Mark Wahlberg's character in FEAR. Not *as* extreme at all, but a little obsessed. Did I care? No. :-) More later!
Belle
Nov 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Annika definitely redeemed herself A LOT in this book. Seriously in the beginning I was like "YOU GO WEST, put that bitch in her place" but I am really glad her character got a chance to make up for all the crappy-ness she put abby and west through in the first book.

Robyn
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed it was you but I loved it was me!! I totally fell in love with West, he was amazing although I wanted to throttle Abby!! And I still hate Annika I don't think that will ever change!! Looking forward to it was us!!
Brooke Kennedy
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Anna delivers again! Hearing the story from West's point of view was great, he's a fantastic character and such a dude haha. It wouldn't have been the same from Abbey's point of view. Already downloaded the next in the series!
Lisa
Apr 16, 2014 rated it liked it
gimme more Abby & West!!!! I just want to know what happens next. I'm rapt that we got to see the next steps for West but now I need to know more!!!!
Shefali Singh
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!! Abby and West's relationship just keeps going strong!!! I love it!!!
Lisa
Aug 03, 2013 rated it liked it

An unexpected little story about West and Abby.
Kaila
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this series. This book was from the male pov and it is amazing. i loved reading about the characters and what they went through...this book was amazing and i recommend it to others :)
Kathleen Peña
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Still in love with these two!!! I love how Anna ends her stories without a cliffhanger. Each book is its own chapter of their life. On book 3 now and can't get enough.
Ubon Inthongxay
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
West is so sweet! Abby is a lucky girl to have such a wonderful support system while her mom is fighting cancer. Great story.

• Hard To Stay (Hard #2)
  • Loving Skye: Book Three (The Texas Star Series 3)
  • His Sweetest Sin (BBW Romance)
  • Irrevocable (Irrevocable Duet #1)
  • Stripped: Tease Series Book 2 (The Tease Series)
  • Aspen
  • The Space Between (Space, #1)
  • The Titan Series Boxed Set (Titan #1, 2, 3, 3.1, 3.2)
  • Beyond Control (Beyond Love Series, #1)
  • Semblance (The Midnight Society, #1)
  • Lies of Omission
Anna Cruise has been writing and drooling over boys since middle school. Lots of years have passed but some things never change...

Her novels include IT WAS YOU, IT WAS ME, IF I FALL, SET IN STONE and MAVERICK. Additional titles releasing during 2013 include a stand-alone NA, DOWN BY THE WATER and two untitled novels.

Abby and West (3 books)
  • It Was You (Abby and West, #1)
  • It Was Us (Abby and West, #3)