Start by marking “Mine to Spell (Mine, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mine to Spell (Mine, #2)

Mine to Spell

(Mine #2)

Cynthia has always hidden from her father’s hexes behind her older sister. When her family gains independence unheard of for women, she’s relieved that her days of harsh punishments are over. But as her seventeenth birthday approaches—the typical age to be sold to a new master—death threats endanger her sisters. She now faces two options: run or meet society’s expectations ...more
Published May 5th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Mine to Spell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mine to Spell

Start your review of Mine to Spell (Mine, #2)
Anne
May 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Also reviewed for Addicted2Heroines

The first book in this series ( You Are Mine) took me by surprise and totally swept me off my feet.
So, when I saw the next book in the series was available?
I did the grabby-hands thing, and snatched it up as fast as I could!
And I was not disappointed.

*Warning: Possible spoilers for the previous book*

This book is about Cynthia, Serena's younger sister, who gets only a passing mention in the previous installment. In the first book, you learn that warlocks a
Kathy
Sep 01, 2013 marked it as to-read
I'm looking forward to continuing this series, I hope the romance is turned up a notch in this one.
Kayla (kaylareads)
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)

Thanks to Netgalley and Patchwork Press for giving me this book to review.

Since Cynthia’s older sister, Serena, did the unheard of in Chardonia and gains her own independence, Cynthia and her sisters have been free. But as Cynthia reaches her 17th birthday, to protect her family, she meets society’s expectations and is bought by a new master. However, when her new master attacks her, she reveals a secret, that she c
M.A. Nichols
The series is getting weaker. I'm still interested to see where it's headed, but there are too many issues with the story and the writing to make me love it.

The writing is worse than the first book. There were quite a few typos, which isn't a big deal (no book is perfect, after all), but there were several instances where I couldn't understand what the author was trying to say. Sentences that were confusing or errors that made the sentence say the opposite of what the author was meaning. I don't
Trish at Between My Lines
This review was originally posted on [Between My Lines]

Twitteresque reviews are for books where I don’t feel like writing a full review but I want to give you a flavour of how I felt during the book. All in 140 characters or less!

Unique world of warlocks and magic where women have no rights and no powers make this a scary but compelling read. I love the way colour blends with magic to create spells.

Christa
Mar 21, 2017 marked it as dnf
I really enjoyed the first book in the series but I was not a fan of this one. There were major editing issues and such poor grammar. I also found the main character TSTL. I have to say I dnf this about 3/4 through.
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Fiona Andrew
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Totally enjoyed this book. Standing up for herself and showing the women of her country what they can do, is the mark of a truly great woman. Cynthia is Serena’s sister the next in line to be sold, she appears to comply with tradition and allows her self to be sold, but she is hiding a secret, one that will change the life’s of people especially women. Cynthia is totally different from any of her sisters and her story is a story of truimph over adversity. She even manages to finds love in the fo ...more
Tales Of A Bookbug
Jul 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: magic, fantasy
I would like to thank the author for providing me with a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review
I had read You Are Mine last month and I was very excited to read Cynthia's story in Mine To Spell.The world building and the characters were just as awesome as in the previous book.
As you would have come to know from the end of the last book, Cynthia can do magic.But the problem is women in Chardonia don't do magic.When they are found, the memories of all the people who know about them
Jessica
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, young-adult
4.5/5 stars

Janeal Falor has done it again guys! I absolutely loved this second book in the Mine series! Falor has created such an incredible, yet oppressive society of warlocks, magic, and women who must marry and serve a Master. The previous book really sets the stage for change in Chardonia and this book continues to break all the rules of society. While the first book followed Serena, the eldest sister of the warlock Stephen's family, this book follows her sister Cynthia, who has just reached
Lauren
I really loved You Are Mine and I was definitely unsure of what would happen after the happenings of the first book so needless to say I was eager to get started on this one and see what had transpired after Serena’s independence.

I was actually shocked to find out this was Cynthia’s story! I do remember Cynthia from the first book, obviously, as she was Serena’s younger sister but the two girls that stuck out strongly from the first book other than Serena were Katherine and Waverly. Despite not
Marianne (Boricuan Bookworms)
Boricuan Bookworms- Book Reviews

Admittedly, Mine to Spell was really difficult to get into because I was really hoping to see more of Zade and Serena from Book One. I couldn’t really connect to Cynthia much at first because I thought she was being really stubborn, and frankly very annoying. However, once I gave the book a chance, and kept reading on, I started to really get engrossed into the story.

I really liked the world building in this book, because it’s much more focused on Warlock politi
Tiffany Michele (BookAndCoffeeAddict)
The Mine series is set in Chardonia – a place where women are possessions and male warlocks use hexes, spells, and the threat of being tarnished (magically made to be bald, tattooed, and unable to have children) to keep them under their thumbs. In the prequel to the series, Mine To Tarnish, Katherine refuses to be owned and finds herself among the tarnished. In book one, You Are Mine, Serena realizes what it means to be free and finds freedom within her grasp. In Mine To Spell, Cynthia (Serena’s ...more
Terrie
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-fantasy
MINE TO SPELL is the 2nd book in the YOU ARE MINE series by Janeal Falor. I absolutely LOVED the first book and its prequel MINE TO TARNISH and highly recommend the whole series to all. SPELL continues on with the same characters, but the main character is Serena’s sister, Cynthia. Cynthia has even more magic in her blood than her sister, and desires to become free from her owner and free to use her magic, which for women is strictly forbidden or even acknowledged. Cynthia is a very strong chara ...more
Cindee
Jun 04, 2014 rated it liked it
I was given this book for free for an honest review.
The first book to this series was amazing! Loved the characters so much. As im not into witches and warlocks as my normal genre of books, I found I was pleasantly suprised by how much I enjoyed it.
The first thing I was disappointed with was the change in characters. I had to try and fall in love with new ones but still on the same story line. And because it had been awhile since I read the first novel, storys and characters were muddled. The wr
Liz
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is Janeal's 3rd book for this series, and they just keep getting better and better. I've always had two loves in reading...historical (whether fictional or not) and fantasy. In this series I get both!

I didn't think I could love a couple more than Zade and Serena, but I was absolutely in love with Cynthia and her beau. I love that these sisters are so strong and unwilling to bend to what society expects of them.

In this story, Cynthia is found to have Sven more magic in her than her sister,
Karla
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Totally loving this series. Delighted I got this book off Kindle one click. Read it from cover to cover. Unputdownable.

Loving Cynthia and her indelible spirit.

Big changes are coming, can't wait for book 3.
★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix)
I don't know if the parts I like about these books are enough to overpower the parts that annoy me. Especially the grammar. I know that grammar mistakes are almost a given when a book is self-published, but there are lots of proofreaders out there. Some, like friends, who will even do it for free! As an English major, book lover, and former assistant editor, there are so many grammatical problems with this series. The thing that bothered me most in this book, though, was:

"Hello, father." I purpo
Shawanna Hall
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again I was dragged into this world. Everything the men said made me angry and the women made me more and cheer. I fought alongside these characters and wanted to burn the chancellor. Seeing the true, freeing side and enslaved side of not only the high society women but also those that were tarnished made me pine for women's freedom and say heck yeah feminism! Cannot wait to read the 3rd book!
Chantelle
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dramatically amazing storyline about Cynthia the rebellious sister I can relate to as well as Serena their bond is so real. The adventure is indifferent for a variety of structure to a cause that changes her mind as well as her actions taken to ignite change. A thrilling book two I truly hope there is more to read.
Flewts
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another free book from Barnes & Noble, the sequel to You Are Mine. Still a male-dominated society, our heroine is the sister of the one in the previous book. Some interesting plots. But the men are still dominating and scheming to turn back what gains were made at the end of the book. I decided not to read the rest of the series. ...more
Megan
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Second book of the series keeps me interested and I really want to see where this is going so I will keep reading the rest.
The story focus on Cynthia, Serena's sister. What she can do is predictable but the story is nice with action and surprises. It is sweet and moving.

I definitely recommend.
Charlene Rowe
Hard work

The story continues to be captivating but the reader has to work very hard to stay the course. Like the heroine throwing spells, the reader has to dodge twisted sentences, words in the wrong order and incomplete thoughts to make it through. Sigh.
Dana Wood
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Started off slow but I enjoy this second book in the Mine series as it comes with a much stronger female character. It unravels the world that they live in with only men who do magic and the women in it who are basically slaves.
Kristen Robison
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the first book in the series, but didn't like this one as well. I'm not sure that I'll finish the series.
Izzy
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. I liked it but it lacked a certain charm that was in the first book. I think this was due to the main characters as I found their personalities boring and their romance lacking.
Danielle
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Still pretty good. I think I liked Serena and Zade more than I liked Cynthia and Lukas. Although, to be fair, I think I like Lukas best of all. A charming, funny dork is right up my alley.
Lisa Whitehead
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great story. While I prefer Zane and Serena, this was still an interesting story with good strong characters and a progression in Serenas story.
Merle
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow wow wow. Even better than book 1!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
David Estes Fans ...: R&R # 73. - MINE TO SPELL by Janeal Falor 63 71 Jul 07, 2014 10:42AM
Addicted to Novel...: Mine to Spell by Janeal Falor 1 5 Apr 27, 2014 06:20PM

• Gathering Water (Gathering Water, #1)
  • The Amplified (The Amplified #1)
  • The Magic Factory (Oliver Blue and the School for Seers, #1)
  • Lost (The Dothan Chronicles, #2)
  • Bought: A Dothan Chronicles Story (The Dothan Chronicles, #0.5)
  • A Cloak of Red: A Book of Underrealm (The Tenth Kingdom)
  • The Dothan Chronicles Trilogy (The Dothan Chronicles, #1-3)
  • Torn (The Dothan Chronicles, #1)
  • Hunter's Notebook
  • Alone (The Dothan Chronicles, #3)
  • Crystal Servants
  • Trust and Treachery (Echoes of Sol, #1)
  • Awaken (Awakened Fate #1)
  • Fairy-Struck (The Twilight Court, #1)
  • Bound by Duty (Bound, #1)
  • A Court for Thieves (A Throne for Sisters, #2)
  • Forsaking Hope (Fair Cyprians of London, #2)
  • The Royal Companion (The Companion, #1)
Janeal Falor lives in Utah with her husband and three children. In her non-writing time she teaches her kids to make silly faces, cooks whatever strikes her fancy, and attempts to cultivate a garden even when half the things she plants die. When it's time for a break she can be found taking a scenic drive with her family or drinking hot chocolate.

Mine (4 books)
  • You Are Mine (Mine, #1)
  • Mine to Fear (Mine, #3)
  • Sacrifice of Mine (Mine, #4)