Start by marking “The Raven King (All for the Game, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Raven King (All for the Game, #2)

The Raven King

(All for the Game #2)

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  15,900 ratings  ·  1,877 reviews
The Foxes are a fractured mess, but their latest disaster might be the miracle they've always needed to come together as a team. The one person standing in their way is Andrew, and the only one who can break through his personal barriers is Neil.

Except Andrew doesn't give up anything for free and Neil is terrible at trusting anyone but himself. The two don't have much time
ebook, Smashwords Edition, 423 pages
Published July 10th 2013 by Smashwords Edition

·  15,900 ratings  ·  1,877 reviews

C.G. Drews
Read 2 || Feb 2019

the fact that I am no longer breathing just confirms how this series is absolutely my everything and I am trash for it and basically a wreck of emotions. I swear I love these dysfunctional damaged traumatised kids so much it hurts me. And rereading just made me see all these subplots and extra hints and foreshadowing that I didn't the first time. It's so so excellent. And I just CRY for Neil. Like he views everyone as so messed up...but this kid. This kid. He is a wreck. And hi
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“He was their family. They were his. They were worth every cut and bruise and scream.”

description

This review has been a long time coming, it feels like I've been trying to reading this book for the longest time, and then I fell sick for a while so I couldn't actually function properly. The Raven King was by far better than it's predecessor. I loved so many elements of it and although the overall components helped boost my love for the characters - I still felt like it ran short in some facets.

I buddy r
Kai
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“I am a bad person trying very hard to be a good person.”

Oh wow I don't know what to say. So let's start with a big fat trigger warning: Rape, Violence, Abuse! I was not prepared.

The Raven King was even better than The Foxhole Court. The plot picked up, but the romance didn't. Still no trace of it on the horizon.
However, it was intense, thrilling and 100% shocking. I couldn't stop reading, was up till late at night and went to sleep still thinking about it.
The Foxes are such interesting characte
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excuse me while I curl up into a ball of pain and anguish and plot the demise of my enemies who have hurt--

my friends.
my babies.
MY LIFE.

fml.
amy ☂︎
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favs, 2017, reread, 2019
someone remind me to fucking skip this book in my next reread, i’m in so much pain
The Girl Murdered by Her TBR
I AM A FREAKING MESS RIGHT NOW!!! I FEEL LIKE MY HEART WAS BUTCHERED AND HAMMERED AND TORN INTO A MILLION PIECES!!!

I'M NOT OKAY. I AM HURT. I AM REALLY REALLY HURT. 💔💔💔
Claudia Ramírez
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, made-me-cry, my-sons
OMG, what's wrong with Riko?! (And all the Ravens tbh)...
sandeep
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads, 4-stars
4.5/5 Stars

Woah!

'The Raven King' was even better than the 'The Foxhole Court'.

I was not prepared for this book it was intense, heartbreaking, shocking and thrilling.

My love these characters have grown and we learn more about them and their past.

There were tiny hints of romance between the main character and another but I'm glad it's slow as it will create more depth and growth between them.

Oh! Also, I absolutely love Neil Josten, he is one of the best characters I have ever read.

Trigger Warn
✧ k a t i e ✧
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
"Death was unpleasant, but it was a familiar and tolerable ache in his chest.”

I was a sobbing mess for majority of this book. This book made me cry, smile, and cry some more. The books that can make you feel so many emotions in less than 300 pages are the best kinds of books.

Where should I start? The character development? Getting to know more of Renee's, Dan's, Matt's, and Aaron's backstory? This book had everything that I wanted from the last book. There was more of the characters that I wa
Simone
'Reread' via audiobook December 2018: Gahhhh, listening to it made the whole thing even more intense...
-----------------------------------------

Out for revenge!

Just to make it clear: by that I mean myself!

Normally, I’m a peace-loving human being and I’ve read a lot of books that made me angry, but last night I was ready to commit a murder! Of a book character! My very first update of the first book in this series said that I already hate the guts of Riko, although I haven’t even met him. An
Lily ☁️
Jul 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommended to Lily ☁️ by: Malanie
Yes, I am still trying to figure out what to rate The Foxhole Court, don’t pressure me!!—me, to myself.

Blog ¦ Bloglovin’ ¦ Tumblr ¦ Instagram
✨    jamieson   ✨
"He was their family. They were his. They were worth every cut and bruise and scream"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am honestly incapable of proper speech. This was AMAZING. This deserves ten stars. This deserves to be heralded. These books are S O G O O D

This is me right about now:

MY EMOTIONS ARE NOT IN CHECK !! I AM DEAD. !!!! RIP MY SOUL.

Okay. I'm going to try to keep it together so here's a little summary of this series.

The Foxhole Court i

1.) The Foxhole Court ★★★★

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch
Emma
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow okay. The ending of this book...I just...okay.

The All For the Game series has triggers for almost everything: abuse, rape, self-harm, addiction, violence. And yet, I finished this book smiling like an idiot. It's heavy, for sure, because it tackles series trauma, and these kids' lives have been hell, BUT the overall feeling I get while reading them is happiness. I feel uplifted. Now, my tolerance for violence and such is admittedly high. What I'm trying to communicate is that the author does
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Re-listen 2/2019

ugh, Riko can...

Can't wait for his bitch ass to get his. Oops. Spoiler alert?

Really still not digging Cendese's voice for Andrew which also seems to be the same as Nicki's and sometimes Aaron's and even to a certain extent Riko's????

WHY GOD, WHY?????????????

He's also not differentiating ANY of the female's voices so... that's fun to keep up with. <---sarcasm.

But guess what? I already started The King's Men.

Don't send them yet! Just one more booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
prag ♻
Oct 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommended to prag ♻ by: fenrysexual
Whatever I was expecting, it was not this. The first 70% was so boring, I would have DNFed if not for a) the hype and b) the little issue of death by unpopular opinion. Don't let this stop you from reading this series, though - I'm on The King's Men right now, and it is the absolute best.

∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴

I wasn't going to mark this currently reading on here because certain people would strangle me, and I was just planning to skim through a chapter or two, honestly.

But then I reached this: "Andrew Jos
may ❀
Continuation buddy read with my lovelies ♡♡ Em, Sil, Praggs, and Jia ♡♡

I don’t know how this happened, but I’m kind of mildly obsessed with this series.

description

Everything that the previous book lacked, this book made up for a million times over. We had action and tears and pain, oh so much pain. I’m still wiping my tears as I write this review.

“He was content to watch and imagine. Lonely, too, but there was nothing he could do about that.”

As I mentioned in my previous review, these Foxhole kids ar
rin
upd: does andrew identify as a morosexual

upd: i hate this fucking book
not to be dramatic but this is the most painful experience in my life and i had a big ass dog bite me on the face when i was five
i also hate this review and myself for putting me through this torture

upd: guys im telling you if you need a torture device in ur house buy this book

HOLD ME WHILE IM SOBBING IN YOUR ARMS

"Your parents are dead, you are not fine, and nothing is going to be okay," Andrew said. "This is not news to yo
Aleksandra
[July 18, 2017] That ending just killed me even more, when reading it for the second time. I am mess.

___

[June 20, 2017] NOW I get what the hype is about.

So good.
Romie
February 2017:

Oh the tears, I can barely see through them.
It hurts so fucking much, and you could think I'd be prepared by now because it's not my first time reading this book, but no, it still hurts like hell.
And I still have no word to explain how much I love this series, this book, these characters, none. This book is by no means perfect, the first half is too long for what happens in it, but sometimes you can't control your feelings. My brain, my heart, my entire being is in love with this
⚔ Silvia ⚓
This taught me pain
_____
Foxhole Court playlist
__________

31/01/2017
Re-read with this amazing support group: EmMayPragya

Comment after second read (Jan 31st-Feb 4th, 2017):

Honestly kudos to whoever can write a proper review for this series, and especially for book 2, because I don't think I'll ever even want to try.
_____
Review after original read (November 16th to 18th, 2016):

I'm seriously fucked up right now, don't even talk to me.
Maybe full RTC if I ever get over it (AHAHAHAHAHAHAH JK tha
destini mia
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
me trying to keep it together

me Realizing who i am as a person

how dare all of you who said i should read this. y'all did me so dirty you know i can't handle these feelings.

it's hard to review a book after finishing the whole series because my emotions are, like, in several different realms right now but i'm going to attempt to string some coherent lines and salvage what i can from this review so please bear with me.

i enjoyed The Raven King slightly more than its predecessor, only because i ha
Fabi
I'm at a loss for words. ...and sleep, since I stayed up most the night reading. My eyes were burning and tearing. I even closed my Kindle and my eyes a couple of times. But within a few minutes I had to open them and continue reading because I couldn't stop thinking about this story.

If every book I read was as intense as this one, I'd never get bored or restless with my stories.

This is the second book in a series and does NOT read as a stand alone.
Paula
May 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: anybody that wants to feel like they're taking crazy pills
This book is terrible. Not even like the first one, that one was terrible in a fun way. This one is so bad it's offensive.

To be perfectly honest, it wouldn't bother me this much if it didn't have a FOUR POINT FORTY SIX STARS OUT OF FIVE rating on this website. That is insane. I feel like I got some bootleg .mobi of this thing and I've been reading a whole entire different book. My version of The Raven King reads like dark!Harry Drarry AU taken from a livejournal community in 2005, not a 4.46/5
Alana • thebookishchick
I am traumatized but I would still absolutely die for my boys.

Also, v scared for the next book.

Blog | Twitter | Instagram
Shelley
LOOK!!! ^^^ 5 STARS! ^^^

Is this book still classified as YA? Because if it is, I’m revoking my self-imposed YA ban! This is FANTASTIC!

5 STARS for a YA book?!

I know !!! … I still can’t get over it.

I said the Foxhole Court was something special but this, this is even MORE special.

You will not believe the surprises that await you here! If you haven't read The Foxhole Court start there because this is book 2.

They were a team with no concept of teamwork and they determined their hierarchy through fo
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Still have no idea what’s really going on.

Still have no idea what to think.

Finally figuring out who the love interest is.

I mean I think there is a love interest. I’m pretty sure.

Still have no idea where things are headed.

#stillprettyclueless

I’m figuring out this series will never be a romance in the traditional sense. It’s not “let’s go to the movies”, it’s more “I’d kill someone for you”.

No hearts and flowers here.
Mel
Reread October 2017: I am still trash for this series. I forgot a lot of the events of this book in all honesty though. I’m really glad I did a reread.

Ok so I'm gonna be honest with you: I was extremely skeptical about this series when I started it. My friend convinced me to read it but I figured anything that was super popular on tumblr might not be my thing. I. Was. Wrong.

If you don't know what these are about, this trilogy follows Neil, a man who has been on the run for most of his life but
imts
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone everyone everyone
"He was their family. They were his. They were worth every cut and bruise and scream."

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date.

But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st,
Nor shall death brag thou wand'rest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to Time thou grow'st.

That, my dear friends, was Shakespeare accurately describing my feeling
  • The Interludes (In the Company of Shadows, #3)
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part I (Special Forces, #2 part 1)
  • Double Down (Shadow of the Templar, #2)
  • Matelots (Raised By Wolves, #2)
  • The Ghost and the Darkness Volume 1 (Fallocaust, #2)
  • Cold Turkey
  • Chance Assassin: A Story of Love, Luck, and Murder (Chance Assassin, #1)
  • First Against the Wall (The Administration, #6)
  • His Holy Bones (Rifter #10)
  • Off the Record
  • After Midnight
Hey lovies!
I have a Goodreads account, but I'm never really here, so I apologize for any & all missed messages -- I'm not trying to ignore you, I'm just not here to answer them. <3 <3 One day I'll have a stable means of communication, but for now you can find me on Tumblr & twitter more easily than you'll find me here. Sort of.

All for the Game (3 books)
  • The Foxhole Court (All for the Game, #1)
  • The King's Men (All for the Game, #3)
“Neil thought about Renee's bruised knuckles, Dan's fierce spirit, and Allison holding her ground on the court a week after Seth's death. He thought about his mother standing unflinching in the face of his father's violent anger and her ruthlessly leaving bodies in their wake. He felt compelled to say, "Some of the strongest people I've known are women.” 253 likes
“I am a bad person trying very hard to be a good person.” 189 likes