Start by marking “The Raven King (All for the Game, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Raven King (All for the Game, #2)

The Raven King

(All for the Game #2)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  25,263 ratings  ·  2,884 reviews
The Foxes are a fractured mess, but their latest disaster might be the miracle they've always needed to come together as a team. The one person standing in their way is Andrew, and the only one who can break through his personal barriers is Neil.

Except Andrew doesn't give up anything for free and Neil is terrible at trusting anyone but himself. The two don't have much time
ebook, Smashwords Edition, 423 pages
Published July 10th 2013 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about The Raven King, please sign up.
Sassas We CAN.
Why am I so late for this discussion? this book was THE shit
It was just so *GOOD*…more
We CAN.
Why am I so late for this discussion? this book was THE shit
It was just so *GOOD*(less)

·  25,263 ratings  ·  2,884 reviews

Start your review of The Raven King (All for the Game, #2)
C.G. Drews
read 3 [jan 2020]
this reread was basically dedicated to me panic-laughing out loud at all the incredibly golden snark moments of Josten stupidity while wearing headphones and listening to the audiobooks while quietly dying inside so I match Neil 👌🏻

read 2 [feb 2019]
the fact that I am no longer breathing just confirms how this series is absolutely my everything and I am trash for it and basically a wreck of emotions. I swear I love these dysfunctional damaged traumatised kids so much it hurts me.
Kai
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“I am a bad person trying very hard to be a good person.”

Oh wow I don't know what to say. So let's start with a big fat trigger warning: Rape, Violence, Abuse! I was not prepared.

The Raven King was even better than The Foxhole Court. The plot picked up, but the romance didn't. Still no trace of it on the horizon.
However, it was intense, thrilling and 100% shocking. I couldn't stop reading, was up till late at night and went to sleep still thinking about it.
The Foxes are such interesting characte
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰

description

This review has been a long time coming, it feels like I've been trying to reading this book for the longest time, and then I fell sick for a while so I couldn't actually function properly. The Raven King was by far better than it's predecessor. I loved so many elements of it and although the overall components helped boost my love for the characters - I still felt like it ran short in some facets.

I buddy
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excuse me while I curl up into a ball of pain and anguish and plot the demise of my enemies who have hurt--

my friends.
my babies.
MY LIFE.

fml.
Lara
My review

"They were exhausted, sore, and more than a little disappointed by their loss, but the Foxes left the stadium feeling like champions.”

They are every fucking inch the champions. Excuse me, where can I sign the adoption papers for the entire Palmetto State University Team? I am a complete fucking mess over this book – like, the ultimate kind of mess I haven’t been since reading Six of Crows and I’m screaming internally and externally from the chilling ecstasy reading this book woke in me
The Girl Murdered by Her TBR
I AM A FREAKING MESS RIGHT NOW!!! I FEEL LIKE MY HEART WAS BUTCHERED AND HAMMERED AND TORN INTO A MILLION PIECES!!!

I'M NOT OKAY. I AM HURT. I AM REALLY REALLY HURT. 💔💔💔
Claudia Ramírez
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-sons, 2016, made-me-cry
OMG, what's wrong with Riko?! (And all the Ravens tbh)...
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it

He was their family.
They were his.
They were worth every cut and bruise and scream.

Story 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Sometimes family comes by blood. Sometimes it’s friends, a family we choose on our own.
Neil never needed friends. He never needed a family after his mother died.
But after so much pain, so much work, the Foxes feel like something for Neil.
Even though he does not know what he feels for them.
But you can never outrun your past forever.
Sometimes it’s not far away, sometimes it’ll catch you even if you
✨    jamieson   ✨
"He was their family. They were his. They were worth every cut and bruise and scream"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am honestly incapable of proper speech. This was AMAZING. This deserves ten stars. This deserves to be heralded. These books are S O G O O D

This is me right about now:

MY EMOTIONS ARE NOT IN CHECK !! I AM DEAD. !!!! RIP MY SOUL.

Okay. I'm going to try to keep it together so here's a little summary of this series.

The Foxhole Cou
nova ryder ☼
anyone: “l-”

me: “You know, I get it. Being raised as a superstar must be really, really difficult for you. Always a commodity, never a human being, not a single person in your family thinking you're worth a damn off the court—yeah, sounds rough. Kevin and I talk about your intricate and endless daddy issues all the time. I know it's not entirely your fault that you are mentally unbalanced and infected with these delusions of grandeur, and I know you're physically incapable of holding a decent co
Romie
I don't know why I'm willingly putting myself through so much pain every single year. somehow I just am. this shit hurts. so much. I hate this.

he was their family. they were his. they were worth every cut and bruise and scream.
elias veturius lovebot
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 Stars

Woah!

'The Raven King' was even better than the 'The Foxhole Court'.

I was not prepared for this book it was intense, heartbreaking, shocking and thrilling.

My love these characters have grown and we learn more about them and their past.

There were tiny hints of romance between the main character and another but I'm glad it's slow as it will create more depth and growth between them.

Oh! Also, I absolutely love Neil Josten, he is one of the best characters I have ever read.

Trigger Warn
Lily ☁️
3 1/2 stars

Yes, I am still trying to figure out what to rate The Foxhole Court, don’t pressure me!!—me, to myself.

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr | Bloglovin’
✧ k a t i e ✧
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
"Death was unpleasant, but it was a familiar and tolerable ache in his chest.”

I was a sobbing mess for majority of this book. This book made me cry, smile, and cry some more. The books that can make you feel so many emotions in less than 300 pages are the best kinds of books.

Where should I start? The character development? Getting to know more of Renee's, Dan's, Matt's, and Aaron's backstory? This book had everything that I wanted from the last book. There was more of the characters that I wa
Corina
SECOND READ AUGUST 2019

_______________________________

I’m still as obsessed with this series, as I was when reading book one – Foxhole Court.

The plot’s complexity has quadrupled. Every character has an agenda, and many characters have pasts that are buried so deeply under lies that each discovery only cements my belief that this series is phenomenally awesome.

The author is a master storyteller, her way of spinning a fascinating as well as emotional tale is outstanding. Nothing in these books is
Simone
'Reread' via audiobook December 2018: Gahhhh, listening to it made the whole thing even more intense... ❤️
-----------------------------------------

Out for revenge!

Just to make it clear: by that I mean myself!

Normally, I’m a peace-loving human being and I’ve read a lot of books that made me angry, but last night I was ready to commit a murder! Of a book character! My very first update of the first book in this series said that I already hate the guts of Riko, although I haven’t even met him.
Paula
May 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: anybody that wants to feel like they're taking crazy pills
This book is terrible. Not even like the first one, that one was terrible in a fun way. This one is so bad it's offensive.

To be perfectly honest, it wouldn't bother me this much if it didn't have a FOUR POINT FORTY SIX STARS OUT OF FIVE rating on this website. That is insane. I feel like I got some bootleg .mobi of this thing and I've been reading a whole entire different book. My version of The Raven King reads like dark!Harry Drarry AU taken from a livejournal community in 2005, not a 4.46/5
rin ( ̄ヘ ̄)	 read/watch mo dao zu shi
upd: does andrew identify as a morosexual

upd: i hate this fucking book
not to be dramatic but this is the most painful experience in my life and i had a big ass dog bite me on the face when i was five
i also hate this review and myself for putting me through this torture

upd: guys im telling you if you need a torture device in ur house buy this book

HOLD ME WHILE IM SOBBING IN YOUR ARMS

"Your parents are dead, you are not fine, and nothing is going to be okay," Andrew said. "This is not news
Emma
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow okay. The ending of this book...I just...okay.

The All For the Game series has triggers for almost everything: abuse, rape, self-harm, addiction, violence. And yet, I finished this book smiling like an idiot. It's heavy, for sure, because it tackles series trauma, and these kids' lives have been hell, BUT the overall feeling I get while reading them is happiness. I feel uplifted. Now, my tolerance for violence and such is admittedly high. What I'm trying to communicate is that the author does
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Re-listen 2/2019

ugh, Riko can...

Can't wait for his bitch ass to get his. Oops. Spoiler alert?

Really still not digging Cendese's voice for Andrew which also seems to be the same as Nicki's and sometimes Aaron's and even to a certain extent Riko's????

WHY GOD, WHY?????????????

He's also not differentiating ANY of the female's voices so... that's fun to keep up with. <---sarcasm.

But guess what? I already started The King's Men.

Don't send them yet! Just one more boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookkk
prag ♻
Oct 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommended to prag ♻ by: fenrysexual
Whatever I was expecting, it was not this. The first 70% was so boring, I would have DNFed if not for a) the hype and b) the little issue of death by unpopular opinion. Don't let this stop you from reading this series, though - I'm on The King's Men right now, and it is the absolute best.

∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴

I wasn't going to mark this currently reading on here because certain people would strangle me, and I was just planning to skim through a chapter or two, honestly.

But then I reached this: "Andrew Jos
tappkalina
06 August 2020

RTC

Two words: Andrew. Minyard. 😭

No, seriously. This book contains one of the most disturbing things I have ever read.

This is what I wrote when I read THAT scene:
I was so terrified for him I read those pages with my hands in front of my mouth, almost crying and screaming and now, an hour later my body is still trembling and my pulse just can't calm down.
I'm at school, but can't function at all, and I know I won't be able to today. My head is empty, I can't think of anything except
may ❀
Continuation buddy read with my lovelies ♡♡ Em, Sil, Praggs, and Jia ♡♡

I don’t know how this happened, but I’m kind of mildly obsessed with this series.

description

Everything that the previous book lacked, this book made up for a million times over. We had action and tears and pain, oh so much pain. I’m still wiping my tears as I write this review.

“He was content to watch and imagine. Lonely, too, but there was nothing he could do about that.”

As I mentioned in my previous review, these Foxhole kids ar
˗ˏˋliaˎˊ˗
“i am a bad person trying very hard to be a good person.”

ehhh, sometimes i wonder what’s either wrong with me or if i’m actually reading the same book as other people are, and this was one of those cases. this book was even worse than the previous one concerning the disjointed writing style, while i had super high hopes for that aspect since i’ve heard plenty of people i trust say that that really improves visibly. i couldn’t quite see that, honestly. which i also absolutely hated was that eve
Susan
Re-read August 2020
I can't get enough of these.

---------------------------------

This is one of my favorite series. I cannot recommend these books enough.

Neil is still at Palmetto State University, playing Exy with his team of outcasts. We learn a lot more about Neil’s background and Kevin and Andrew learn some of his secrets.

The Raven team is still their enemy and Riko does everything to destroy Neil and Kevin. I wanted to stab Riko, over and over again. He is so evil. The things he did to Kevi
Aleksandra
[July, 2017] That ending just killed me even more, when reading it for the second time. I am mess.

***

[June, 2017] NOW I get what the hype is about.

So good.
Helena of Eretz ✰
Buddy Read, Part Two with Alison! ;)

Actual rating: 2.75 stars

This was an improvement upon the first instalment, but unfortunately, like the first...it took me WAY TOO LONG to get interested in the plot. AGAIN. It shouldn't take me this long to read 300-page contemporaries, ugh.

Minor spoiler: Nora Sakavic needed to do more research on how law enforcement works. The biggest thing that irritated me -- no, it wasn't Andrew, lol -- was the fact that so much of this trilogy doesn't make any sense. Pri
jesse&#x1f4da;
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing

O, pain. Pain everywhere. Let me feel no pain. NEVERMORE!

After English classes overanalyzing the Raven and dealing with Edgar Allen Poe’s gloomy stuff, after Lady Midnight and watching Poe’s tragic death story in a Buzzfeed Unsolved episode… I can’t believe I have to put up with this shit anymore.

No offense about Edgar Allen the man; he’s awesome. But the Ravens in this book make me want to squeeze th

• Captive Prince: Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2)
  • Kings Rising (Captive Prince, #3)
  • Captive Prince (Captive Prince, #1)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
  • The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4)
  • The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)
  • Wolfsong (Green Creek, #1)
  • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer Trilogy, #1)
  • The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • Ravensong (Green Creek, #2)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Opal (The Raven Cycle, #4.5)
  • Red, White & Royal Blue
  • The Summer Palace (Captive Prince Short Stories, #2)
  • Running With Lions
  • Carry On (Simon Snow, #1)
Happy New Year, lovies. I do not use this account, so I am sorry for any & all missed messages. ...more

All for the Game (3 books)
  • The Foxhole Court (All for the Game, #1)
  • The King's Men (All for the Game, #3)

News & Interviews

“Neil thought about Renee's bruised knuckles, Dan's fierce spirit, and Allison holding her ground on the court a week after Seth's death. He thought about his mother standing unflinching in the face of his father's violent anger and her ruthlessly leaving bodies in their wake. He felt compelled to say, "Some of the strongest people I've known are women.” 304 likes
“He was their family. They were his. They were worth every cut and bruise and scream.” 256 likes