Start by marking “Muffins & Murder (A Sweet Bites Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
Muffins & Murder (A Sweet Bites Mystery, #3)

Muffins & Murder

(A Sweet Bites Mystery #3)

Halloween carnivals are supposed to be all fun and games, but when one of the school teachers is found strangled by a quilted table runner at the end of the night, Tess, bakery owner and amateur sleuth, is on the case.

Between stalkers, small business rivals and neighbors whose hobbies clash with the victim’s, there is no shortage of suspects. Tess’s social life finally st
ebook, 1, 220 pages
Published July 6th 2013 by Jelly Bean Press

To ask other readers questions about Muffins & Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Muffins & Murder

Start your review of Muffins & Murder (A Sweet Bites Mystery, #3)
QNPoohBear

Fall is in the air and the children are excited for Halloween. Tess Crawford, baker and adoring "aunt" to her best friend Honey's kids, volunteered to help out at the kids' school carnival. Tess enjoys seeing the excited children devour her cupcakes and run around in costume. Even the adults get in on the costume fun. The one thing Tess never expected from the school carnival was to discover another dead body of Francine Clark, a beloved teacher. The whole community is upset by Francine
Rachelle
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great read for the mystery lover. Fun setting, great characters. A cozy mystery with a fine romance angle too!
Pam
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m really loving this series by Heather Justesen. The plots move quickly & have enough twists & turns to keep you interested. There is enough romance with Tess being torn between Jack & Shawn to make things more light hearted. The relationship between Honey, Lenny, Kat & Tess make it clear they’ve become a family at heart. I really enjoyed the interactions with Kat’s family & the way Tess stood up for Lenny when they put him down. I really can’t wait for the next story to see what happens next!
Jzcotter03
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Tess finds yet another dead body she can't help but play junior sleuth and try to catch the killer. Of course tracking a killer can be dangerous and she does encounter a couple of close encounters. This third book in the Sweet Bites Mystery series is full of action and romance. There's an interesting love triangle that develops in this book so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I would recommend this book for anyone who enjoys a quick read with suspense and yummy recipes. ...more
Kristin
This series is one I always enjoy. For the most part, the stakes feel low (except when Tess finds herself confronting a murderer unexpectedly). It’s all about the pushing the solution out, except when it’s about Tess’ bakery or her employee or her live life.

This isn’t the series to come to for really working your brain out: it’sa relaxing small town cozy centered around a baker. A fun read when you want a story to occupy your attention
Marlene Taylor
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Am loving this series of books 📚Never read any by this author before but am now hooked. Now on book 4. Can't wait to see which Man Tess will choose. Am hoping the series will be long as I love the stories. Have got pictures in my head of what the characters look like and feel as though they are friends. ...more
Maureen Hetzel
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Third in a series involving a bakery chef in Arizona. Recipes included but wish they would all be in an appendix as it is disconcerting to turn the page for the next plot point and discover three pages of recipes. And the " de ions" about which of her two suitors she will select has gotten old. Make a decision!! ...more
Kathy
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, suspense, romance
I love this series. It is the perfect blend of romance and suspense. The writing is well done. The plot moves quickly and steadily. I love the characters. I love the romance developing between Tess and both Jack and Shawn. I can't wait to read the next book in the series to see who she chooses. ...more
Heath
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
These are getting sillier. I guessed the murderer fairly early, and Tess is just starting to seem like a dope for not backing off investigating. Also, the romance subplot is so tame and wholesome and goofy.
LaDawn Maerin
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found myself laughing out loud.

Between murder and mayhem Tess tries to discover a murderer and straighten out her love life. Things just get started with Jack on a possible serious note when guess who shows back up. Would not want to be in her shoes.
Patricia Maierson
Another fun and interesting adventure. Unfortunately I read this out of order to the other books, but it all worked out and cleared up some questions I had after reading the 4th book.

Character development just keeps getting better and more well rounded. Just an enjoyable book all round.
Donna Campbell
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story and one that makes me want to read the next in the series. I really loved Jack and would like to see the outcome. This was a fun murder mystery with some clean romance. I love all of the recipes.
Melissa
Light-hearted fun, but predictable

These books are light-hearted, fun and easy reads. So far I’ve enjoyed them. This one however, was just to easy. I had the killer pegged when they made their first appearance.
Cynthia Haskins
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good one

This series is consistently good. I like the character development and it's not too predictable. I do think I'm gaining weight though because I crave all the delicious treats Tess makes!
Paula
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series!

Interesting characters, intriguing plots and good old-fashioned romance make this a "don't miss" series!! Please keep them coming. Can't wait to read the next book.
Angela
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute!

Another excellent installment in the Sweet Bites series! I love the mystery and the laughs. The love triangle is is an interesting plot twist the I enjoy!
Diana
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have really enjoyed this author’s mysteries!
Leslie
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good one

I am truly enjoying this series. Just ordered book four so that I can read what happens next. You will like the series .
jeanann
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Juustesen does it again!

What a delightful cozy mystery. Tess gets into trouble just by standing next to it. Nice love triangle. I can't wait to see how it works out.
Sara Brannen
May 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ok
Love the the recipes.
Suzzie
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fun mystery! Love the cast of characters.
Pat
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This intriguing book was a real page turner from the very first page! The great character and storyline development kept me totally hooked until I finished reading this book in one evening!
Paula Kellogg
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love these books! They are so sweet and fun. I love the development between Shawn and Jack with Tess, though I won't give anything away. ...more
April
I am pretty sure Tess suffers from "Jessica Fletcher Syndrome", cause she can't go anywhere without finding a dead body. Seriously, every event she attends!

This is a very entertaining and engaging series, despite reality issues. If you can suspend disbelief you will really enjoy the whole thing! I love Tess and her quirky gang of curious troublemakers. The family feel of this whole series.

The love triangle is going to annoy me, I hate when they have to choose between two great guys!! I read too
Teressa
Jul 02, 2014 rated it liked it
"Yum. Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes."
I wasn't very impressed with this Muffins and Murder book. It wasn't at all what I expected. I was hoping for more of a fun listen with a character I could better identify with. I'm glad I had the opportunity to check it out though. I've read similar books to this one in the past. The physical book. But I think with the audio version of this book the recipes should have been an optional listen at the end of the story as an author's note. I would have liked m
Glenda
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Book 3 in the sweet bites mystery series. These are best read in order. I like them all and await the next book in the series Eggnog & Extortion coming this fall. I checked amazon and it's not available for pre-order. ...more
Sharon Smith
Sep 18, 2017
Diana Mangan
Jul 15, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Mooved to Murder (Chelsea Lawson #1)
  • Fudge and Murder (Sweets Shop Cozy Mysteries Book 3)
  • Peppermint Fudge and Fears (Candy Covered Cozy Mysteries, #1)
  • Farmer in the Dead (A Chelsea Lawson Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Murder at the Dolphin Hotel (Miss Underhay Mysteries #1)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sweets Shop, #1)
  • A Body on Fitzgerald’s Bluff (Seaview Cottages #1)
  • Key Lime Killer (Sweets Shop Cozy Mysteries Book 2)
  • Crepes and Crimes (Mad Batter #2)
  • Memories and Murder (Tourist Trap Mysteries #10)
  • Shot Through the Tart (Apple Orchard #7)
  • Newly Wed and Slightly Dead (A Touch of Magic Mysteries #1)
  • Summer at the Lakeside Resort (Lakeside Resort #2)
  • Lemon Filled Disaster (Eugeena Patterson Mysteries #3)
  • Croissants and Cruises (Pelican Cove, #10)
  • Haunting in the Hallway (The Inn at Holiday Bay, #5)
  • The Curse of Hollister House (A Cat in the Attic Book 1)
  • Murder in Cherry Hills (Cozy Cat Caper Mystery, #1)
Heather Justesen is an award-winning and up-and-coming author for the women's romance market. ...more

A Sweet Bites Mystery (4 books)
  • Brownies & Betrayal (Sweet Bites Mysteries, #1)
  • Pistols & Pies (A Sweet Bites Mystery, #2)
  • Eggnog & Extortion (A Sweet Bites Mystery, #4)

News & Interviews