Jump to ratings and reviews

Cats Are Part of His Kingdom, Too

As Christians, sometimes it's hard for us to comprehend the love our Heavenly Father has for us, His Earthly children. Author Cindy Vincent began to realize the depth of His love after caring for several rescued cats and then bringing them into her home. That's when she began to notice the parallels between her relationship with these precious felines and God's relationship with us. After all, as a pet Mom, she works in so many behind-the-scenes ways to make life wonderful for her little feline family, much like God works behind the scenes to make life wonderful for us. Yet much like her cats have no comprehension of all that she does for them, we have no comprehension of all that God does for us. Before long, she began to see lots of parallels, and decided to put these down in the form of Daily Devotions, to demonstrate just how very much God loves us. "He who does not love does not know God, for God is love." 1John 4:8

78 pages, Paperback

First published June 19, 2013

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Cindy Vincent

16 books242 followers
Cindy Vincent, M.A. Ed., is the award-winning author of the Buckley and Bogey Cat Detective Capers, a mystery series for kids and cat-lovers that features the adventures of two black cat detectives. And yes, as she is often asked, Cindy used her own black cats, Buckley and Bogey, as the inspiration for the series, since they seem to run surveillance on her house each and every night. Cindy is also the creator of the Mysteries by Vincent murder mystery party games and the Daisy Diamond Detective Series games for girls, along with the Daisy Diamond Detective novels, which are a spin-off from the games. She lives in Houston, TX with her husband and an assortment of fantastic felines. Cindy is a self-professed “Christmas-a-holic,” and usually starts planning and preparing in March for her ever-expanding, “extreme” Christmas lights display every year . . .

Http://www.cindyvincent.net

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 11 of 11 reviews
Profile Image for Bluerose's  Heart.
532 reviews28 followers
May 8, 2014
Confession: I love animals! I really do! I am a vegetarian(and not for health reasons), after all. Since having 3 little ones that take up a large chunk of my time, though, my tolerance for animals has went way(wayyyyy) down. I still love them dearly, but they don't pull my heartstrings like they once did. I'm just tired, y'all! ;)

I say all that to say, I didn't know how much I would like this book. I was hugely, amazingly surprised at just how much I did end up liking it! It was one of the most precious, adorable, sweet books I have ever read. It made it onto my "hugworthy" list, it was so precious.

There are 33 devotionals within this book. Each one starts with a story about one of the author's cats. There's then a little devotional that compares the story with our relationship with God, and ends with a Bible verse. While the devotionals are super short, I thought the connections made were pretty creative! The love the author has for her feline friends is obvious right away, and that just makes me smile.

If you love animals, especially cats, I have to highly recommend this one to you! It's super precious!

*I was provided an e-copy in exchange for my honest opinion.
Profile Image for Faye.
1,654 reviews
April 19, 2014
Ms. Vincent share from her heart stories about her family, how she came to have many of her lovely cats as well as stories to inspire and give insight.

This book is styled as a devotional, with a short story, bible verse and words of encouragement, that won't take more than five minutes to read.

This book can be read day-by-day or all at once. I chose to read it all at once!

Overall, a sweet read, full of heart warming stories great for the cat lovers in your life!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and testimonials in Advertising."
Profile Image for Jennette.
Author 24 books101 followers
May 6, 2014
I love these devotions! Each one touched my heart and showed me in new ways how much God loves all of us. These devotions uplift my spirits, and I am already reading through this for a second time. Highly recommended.
Profile Image for Grace.
16 reviews2 followers
May 5, 2014
Author Cindy Vincent presents a “purrfect” devotional aimed at animal lovers in Cats Are Part of His Kingdom, Too. This quaint little book includes 33 devotions, and each one presents a story centered on her family of cats. From the whimsical, funny, and heart-tugging lessons comes tales about moments we’ve all thought of or experienced. Every devotional has a Bible verse in conjunction with the story/lesson given by Cindy Vincent.

{My Thoughts:}

I’m an animal lover, and I especially hold a soft spot in my heart for furry felines. Some may say it’s an obsession that I have with cats, perhaps, but I just can’t resist their long whiskers, big oval eyes, and fluffy paws. I fell in love with this devotional!

I connected with Cindy’s telling of her adorable whiskered companions. A few were hard to read, as I know most of us have experienced losing a beloved pet. Through both the sad and the happy moments, in Cindy’s observations I saw the parallels between their lives and our own. Cindy was great in showing that we can learn from our surroundings, and that through the life of a cat we can draw truth.

I do have one, small complaint. I so badly wanted to see photos of the cats mentioned in Cindy’s devotionals. If she decides to do another (which I would pick up), I would love to see artwork or visuals of her wonderful cats. I found them all to be such endearing characters.

Cindy’s cat tidbits were enlightening and showed a delightful perspective on God’s love for us. I highly recommend this devotional to not only cat lovers, but to anyone who loves animals. I also think children would enjoy these collection of cat tales. They’re the cat’s meow!

This book was provided to me by the author in exchange for my honest review.
Profile Image for Sherida Stewart.
189 reviews7 followers
May 13, 2014
PERFECT GIFT FOR CAT LOVERS!
Cindy Vincent has written such a sweet devotional book featuring her endearing cats with their unique personalities. In each of the 33 devotional messages, she starts with an experience with one of her cats, and then compares the story to God’s concern for us, finishing with a perfect Bible verse.

Being a cat lover myself and having loved our two “found” kittens, these devotionals brought both smiles and tears. Cindy has a beautiful way of comparing our attitude of caring for our pets to our Heavenly Father’s care and love for us.

I highly recommend this book with its heartwarming stories and inspiring devotional thoughts!
Profile Image for Elizabeth Ludwig.
Author 44 books116 followers
April 7, 2014
Author Cindy Vincent has created a sweet compilation of endearing devotionals, all centered around the antics of her clever feline pride. Witty and inspiring, Cats are Part of His Kingdom, Too provides an insightful means of perceiving the Divine in everyday, ordinary things. This is a charming read, with sometimes eye-opening delivery and takeaway.

I received a complimentary copy of this book to review from the author.
May 25, 2014
Every time I look into the eyes of a cat or a dog or any kind of animal, I am reminded of our Creator and how His glory shines through His sweet animals. I love how Cindy has used His beloved creatures to demonstrate His love and concern for His people. Also, the scripture references to support her illustrations open the eyes of the reader to the Word of God. A vital part of our growth as Christians. This is a delightful devotional!
Profile Image for Jill.
598 reviews
May 5, 2014
I just finished reading this little devotional book and enjoyed it so much! I smiled and nodded, chuckled and teared-up. Anyone who has ever really loved and been loved by a cat will understand the author's stories about her furry family--and the tie-in's to our dependence on our loving Heavenly Father are poignant.
Recommended for cat lovers of all ages!
12 reviews
March 18, 2014
This book really puts an upbeat message across with story lines from cats. It is very uplifting and you will look at pets again from a different perspective. Highly recommended.

Profile Image for I Roberts.
153 reviews
July 20, 2021
I can honestly say I was surprised to be drawn in to the story so quickly.
Profile Image for Allison Ruvidich.
86 reviews51 followers
April 21, 2016
I received a free copy of this for review. That does not, however, influence my opinion.

I am generally not one who reads devotionals, but I found the concept of this brilliant. In a nutshell, the author, through a series of anecdotes and Bible verses, helps to clarify our relationship with God by comparing it to her cats’ relationship to her. It very easily could’ve become crazy-cat-lady, but it did not. It was clear, concise, and helpful.

If I must complain (and I feel like, as a reviewer, I must), I would say this devotional presented a feel-good version of Christianity. It was heavy on ‘God loves you’ and not so much on ‘there are consequences’. It also distressed me greatly that the author refers to euthanizing as ‘killing’. It was very distracting, as this has nothing to do with Christianity and is the author’s opinion.

Aside from that, though, this is an excellent devotional that would appeal to Christians who love cats. 3. 5 stars.
Displaying 1 - 11 of 11 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.