Start by marking “Grace and Dignity” as Want to Read:
Grace and Dignity

Read Excerpt

Grace and Dignity

Princess Grace and Prince Dignity, a royal couple with mystical powers, are set to be crowned king and queen of the magnificent Kingdom of Love. But on the eve of their coronation, disaster strikes, and Grace is told her prince has been murdered. Grief-stricken, the princess reportedly dies of a broken heart, and the shocked kingdom falls into the eager hands of Dignity’s ...more
Published August 6th 2013 by Tate Publishing & Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about Grace and Dignity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grace and Dignity

Start your review of Grace and Dignity
Dianne
Will True Love conquer all in this mystical, linguistical Fairy Tale?
Laura Grody has TWO Copies to Give away

Click on Banner to Enter!

A fun, fantasy fairytale of love and treachery that will tease your senses, play with words, make you chuckle, break your heart and put it back together again! GRACE AND DIGNITY: THE ARK OF THE SACRED SCROLLS by Laura Grody is better than those fairy tales we read as children, because it is as grown up as we like to think we are, yet feeds our inner need for that
Michelle Cornwell-Jordan
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Kingdom of Love, Commitment City, Celestial Mountains, Sea of Love, Sea of Knowledge, and the Isles of Bliss…these are only a few of the locales and destinations in the world that makes up the home of Prince Dignity and Princess Grace! This Young Adult novel, I will say was one of the most unique, rare and feel- good books I have read in a while!

Grace and Dignity was true to form a fairy tale telling, and was simply a pleasure for me to read and experienced the journey!

The story follows the
Shani
If you hand me a book and tell me, “It’s a fairy tale twisted with a bit of mystery” I would snag it up and read it probably in one sitting. In the last year I’ve really enjoyed reading the different interpretations by authors with the fairy tale genre. All of the ones I have read are just perfect with the twisting. That is why I was excited to read Laura’s book.

I fell in love with Princess Grace right away. She has a sense of innocence about her that hasn’t been spoiled by life outside of her
Pam
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
In the Kingdom of Love everything is pretty much wonderful. On the eve of the coronation of Prince Dignity and Princess Grace that all changes. The prince is said to be murdered and the princess runs away and dies from from a broken heart. Prince Dignity's cousin Denial takes over the kingdom and many changes start to take place. the wonderful kingdom becomes broken and in horrible shape. However almost a year later Princess Grace returns with little memory of the past or anything else. She just ...more
Alyssa
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grace and Dignity follows the classic fairy tale archetype:
1. Man and woman fall in love.
2. Man and woman are separated.
3. Man and woman must overcome the impossible to save their love and do right by their kingdom.
4. Man and woman... well, you know. I'll stop here because of spoilers.

But Grace and Dignity is definitely not your average fairy tale love story... because Laura Grody uses language and puns and cultural references to spice the familiar story line up.

And it totally worked.

Truth be
Cindy
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA and even 8 and up
What fun and magical book!! Grace and Dignity is about a young couple on the verge of starting their new lives when the unthinkable happens.
Along the way Princess Grace and Prince Dignity meet some very colorful characters Miracle Milo, Clueless George, Doomsday Darrell “DQ” Quincy and Opinion-Poll Patti, who become very important people in their lives.
From the Language Offenders to the Plastic Makes Perfect Factory there as so many interesting and inspirational characters and places. As you
Casey Keen
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cindy
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Grace and Dignity by Laura Grody

Cynthia
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it

Grace and Dignity is marvelous story about Princess Grace and Prince Dignity. Before they are to be king and queen of The Kingdom of Love the most terrible thing occurs to the prince. Princess Grace is taken on a miraculous adventure with Miracle Milo, Clueless George, Doomsday Darrell Quincy (DQ)and Opinion-Poll Patti.Through out the story one learns that most things aren't what they seem. The mystery is one of the main components that devour the reader. The love and passion the princess has

Melissa Memesreviews
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing

This book is not only about how love conquer all, but how the power of the "Golden Rule" and all that follows will over power all evil.
That you got to trust in you and everyone, for the world and everything around it to fall into place. I loved the word play... the names of people and places and how it just fits that person. It would be great if I was introduced as not just by my name but my true personality.
This is a love story, yes, but .... okay well
Patricia Walker
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful tale that teaches young people (of any age!) that Love really can prevail over evil and that treating those around us with respect earns us that respect in return.

Told in such a way that is completely understandable, even with the metaphysical elements of the story, the reader is drawn in to the story and joins the race around The Kingdom searching with the characters for the much needed solutions.

The characters are all well thought out and can be fully connected with as they
Kristy
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just finished "Grace and Dignity". What a charming, fantastical story of love and accomplishment. On the surface, it is such a delightful fantasy, which lifted my spirits and caused me to chuckle at the entertaining images and dialogue. Underlying the whimsical, the spiritual symbolism invoked tenderness and optimism; I found my eyes tearing at the power contained in this simple story of "love conquers all". This book is definitely a "must read" for enjoyable entertainment and for increasing ...more
Natasha Aiello
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I may be a little biased here, because I am friends a with the author and remember discussing a few of the things in this book, but I certainly enjoyed reading it to my daughter and know she will want to read it again and again!

WARNING: you may get a cavity after reading it because it is so sweet!
Lorie
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Grace and Dignity is a book that is very different than anything I have ever read before. Laura has written a story that is perfect for middle school readers to adults. I loved the way she gets her point across that character counts. This book should be in every library.
Staci Suhy
Feb 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book for free as part of a first reads promotion
Kate Flowers
Joy Yerkie
Vykki
Maryann
Feb 06, 2014
Originally from Atlanta, GA, Laura Grody currently lives in Seattle, WA with her True Love - "the kind with a capital T and L". She holds a bachelor’s degree in Radio/TV/Film and a master’s in Linguistics, both from California State University, Northridge.

She spent several years in the entertainment industry as an assistant editor on movies such as Love Potion #9, Kalifornia, and When a Man Loves