Start by marking “Vengeance” as Want to Read:
Vengeance

Vengeance (Dissidence #2)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  110 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Things aren't always as they seem. In fact, in a world of secrets and lies, almost nothing ever is. But, Kaleigh made her choices and now she has to live with the consequences. Haunted by her guilt, Kaleigh is forced to question everything she thought she knew. From friends and foes, to loyalty and love, she's quickly losing faith in herself and those around her. Everyone ...more
Published June 14th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published June 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Vengeance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vengeance

Christine
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, dystopia, young-adult
The sequel starts immediately where it left off in Dissidence, which I was happy about. I don’t mind when the author gives a quick overview of what previously happened, but sometimes the overview can be an entire chapter which gets pretty boring. Not with this sequel.

I don’t want to say too much of what happens in this book because there are surprises and revolutions that I do not want to take away from the reader.

Did I feel connected to the characters? I got really tired of Kaleigh’s snarky a
Sasha
Feb 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Beware reading this on kindle - the formatting is buggy.
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books

Check out the book tour, with a giveaway, just click the tour banner below.

Wow, this knocked my socks off, lol. I love this dystopoian series. This 2nd book does not disappoint at all. I was leary for awhile as so many dystopia books came out after the Divergent hype, but this was a good one. It has a bit of a Divergent feel with some Hunger Games (without the game to death that is) with the divided “camps” were similar to the 12 different areas in Hunger Games, but that is where the similariti
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, blog-tours
The ending to Dissidence was unreal and it left me crying out for this book! I actually had to go back and re-read it before I read this book so that I could get a feel for it again! I have to be honest and say that I didn't really enjoy this book as much as the first book, but it was still amazing! There was nothing wrong with this book at all! It was amazingly written and was a fantastic follow on to Dissidence, but I felt like there was something missing from it for me to love it as much as t ...more
Maria's Book Blog
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! I thought book 1 was action packed but Vengeance goes above and beyond and right into freaking AMAZING!! I was literally on the edge of my seat the whole time. Ms. Canosa kicked up the intrigue and betrayal creating one hell of a follow up to Dissidence. This book has you guessing nonstop and utterly shocked when you find out the truth. There's one twist right after another and even when things seem bleak you can't help but hold onto hope right up until the very end. I loved that Vengeance ...more
Cyndi Tefft
Jun 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Dissidence ended on a massive cliffhanger, so I was eager to get my hands on the sequel to find out where on Earth the story was going to go from there. I had my theories, but I could not have been more wrong. A couple pages in, my jaw was hanging open. She didn't! Oh, yes, she did. And she walked me through the aftermath step by step, letting me steep in the agony and determination that can come from loss.

Canosa doesn't shy away from true feelings in this book, which was one of the many things
Cindy C Bennett
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As a huge fan of Jamie Canosa's Dissidence, I couldn't wait for the sequel. But then I worried it might not be as good as the first. Sometimes when you're a little fanatical over something, any sequels will just disappoint. I can tell you right now that with the sequel, Vengeance, Jamie definitely didn't disappoint.

Vengeance begins right where Dissidence left off, in the wake of the explosion Kaleigh was right smack in the middle of. And the story never slows down. This time Kaleigh finds she ha
Pamela Foreman
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There have been times when I have wanted to put blame on myself when the fault lies in someone else. This is what Kaleigh does, making herself feel responsible for the untimely death of a dear friend. But Kaleigh must release that guilt along with finding out who did and work to figure out many other secrets left to be discovered.

I really enjoyed this book by Jamie Canosa. The characters are real and likeable. The flow of the book was easy and it is definitely a page turner! The suspense and und
Jenna
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kayleigh's world has just turned upside down. She can't seem to get of this dark place, when she does she finds out everyone has a hidden agenda, who do you trust when almost everyone lets you down or lies to you? how do you keep fighting?

Kayleigh is not ready to give up, she still is her spunk and big mouths so you know she's in for trouble. I liked the ending, this book is not realistic but somehow the author makes the characters work and you believe and feel it's all happening.

Love the cover
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I absolutely LOVED this book. I really like Dissidence, but Vengeance just took it to a whole new level for me. I read it in two nights because I simply could not put it down. It was one of those rare books for me that when it ended, I was so sad not to be in that world anymore. I enjoyed all the characters, and the ending was satisfying. This has been added to my favorites list for sure!
Helen King
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

This series is really good. Unlike divergent, this series ended the way you would have hoped. This was a thoroughly enjoyable series. I'm really going to recommend one of the production companies make this book into a movie!!!
Jenny
Jun 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked Vengeance. It wasn't as fast paced as Dissidence, but it ended the 2 book series in a satisfying way. There were definitely some surprising twists!
Zoe
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG
Stephanie Mirkes
Jan 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
Couldn't even finish...so boring!
Trisha
Jan 22, 2015
Patricia Thomas
Nov 12, 2014
Lys
rated it did not like it
Apr 11, 2013
Morgan
Sep 12, 2014
Donna Wicklein
Jan 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Future Without Hope (The World Without End, #3)
  • State of Chaos (Collapse, #2)
  • A Time to Endure (Strengthen What Remains Book 2)
  • Seeds of War (Eden's Root Trilogy, #2)
  • Resurrection (Apocalypse Chronicles, #2)
  • Ruin (Unbelief #2)
  • Defective (The Institute, #3)
  • Edge of Truth
  • Darkest Worlds: A Dystopian Anthology
  • Fury Rising (Dark Inside #3)
  • Sea (Stranded #2)
  • Until We End
  • Duplicities (Imaginations, #2)
  • Dominatus
  • Radicals (Blood and Fire, #2)
  • Amongst the Ruins (The Chronicles of 2020, #1)
  • Rogue (Exceptional, #2)
  • Chronicle (Books of Eva, #0.5)
Jamie Canosa is a full time author of YA literature, which she absolutely loves. When she’s not writing or spending time with her family, she can usually be found with her nose in a book. She currently resides in Ravena, NY with her wonderful husband and three crazy kids . . . plus the cats, the bird and the rabbit.

More about Jamie Canosa

Dissidence (2 books)
  • Dissidence (Dissidence, #1)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)