Start by marking “The Mosswoods” as Want to Read:
The Mosswoods

The Mosswoods

(The Mosswoods #1)

**Second Edition. Revamped with new cover, major editing and town of Mosswood Map.**

Beings that would love nothing more
Paperback, 2, 315 pages
Published July 9th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Mosswoods, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of The Mosswoods
Chris Torretta
This was a really interesting story that at first reminded me of the baby that The Never Ending Story and The Princess Bride might have. The narrator’s voice was fairytale ish. It’s starts out very easy to read but then I got muddled until about the halfway point where it really picked up again.

I love Astrid’s style of writing and the plot was decent so honestly I’m not sure what was throwing me off. But I do know I absolutely hate Poppy’s mother. She doesn’t make any sense to me. Pl
Astrid Yrigollen
Jul 18, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Poppy Mosswood like most 17 year olds wants to lead a normal life. But the Mosswood family is anything but normal. Keepers protect the land from humans who would exploit it. For in the forest dwell wondrous creatures and dangerous beings. Beings that would love nothing more but to overthrow all of mankind.

Ruthless billionaire Preston Buckthorn moves to town planning to marry Poppy to his son Brad. Brad wastes no time trying to win her heart but his love is warped by the taint that runs in his blood.

blood.

Jill Swanson-Diaz
I have an interview with the author and a detailed review up on my blog!
Please visit http://littlehyuts.blogspot.com/2012/...
UPDATE!!
I have now read The Mosswoods twice and I can honestly say I love getting lost in this story.
This was the first book my blog ever featured and I'm glad I have this opportunity to give it a proper review! It's funny how far my review writing skills have come since then!
Astrid is an immensely creative and talented writer. I really enjoy her writing style. She is able to create fantasy
Stina Madison
Full review here: http://zodiacbookreviews.blogspot.com...

The beginning of The Mosswoods was kind of slow--basically just introductions of the Mosswood family and forest--but the prologue kept me intrigued about what was going to happen. The second half of the book is when things really start to pick up. I was glued to my seat the whole time.

Poppy Mosswood is a character easy to relate to. She's at a crossroads. Should she follow in the footsteps of her family and become Keeper of the forest? Or should she go out
SARIT
Jul 21, 2013 rated it liked it
The book start like a fairy tell building for us the magical world of the Mosswoods. All the Mosswoodes characters has plants names - Woody, Fern , Poppy, which I liked very much.

The Idea is simple there is the forest a magical one with its all inhabitants and the outside of the forest.
The Mosswoods ate the keepers and the protectors. They keep (the Keeper - Fern, Poppy's mother)the forest inhabitants inside the forest and protect (the protector + Woody Poppy's Father) them fro
Sky Rose Reviews
Aug 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: The Mosswoods
Author: Astrid Yrigollen
Rating: 3.5 out of 5

The thing about this book that grabbed me from the beginning was the setting. Yrigollen does a very good job of describing the setting, Everything is so vivid and detailed I loved it.She also does an amazing job of creating the creatures, I especially love the Watty.

Poppy is a very good protagonist in a sense that I could see myself in her, she reached a point in her life where she has to choose b
Virginia Serna
Dec 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting book set in a fictional town that is surrounded by a magical forest controlled by the females of the Mosswood family. The problems begin when the current heiress to the forest comes of age but has not been told of her duty to the family. This is by omission because her parents do not want to restrict her life. To complicate this an unscrupulous
land developer has decided to use his son to seize the forest for development.The twists and turns are unexpected and it is an enjoyabl
Elizabeth
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Poppy Mosswood has lived for 17 years in the large family house next to a very large forrest. As a child she was told about the creatures that lived in the woods but at 17 Poppy hadn't thought about them for years. That is until she meets them. Sweet fantasy tale for young adults, was a great read and was a very nice way to spend an afternoon in the sun.. Can not wait to read the sequel.
Caelidh
Jan 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Interesting story.. but where is the sequel??
rated it did not like it
Sep 10, 2012
May 08, 2016
Krizia Anna
Sep 15, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: astrid-yrigollen
This story was predictable and not well writtenx
Marsha our Tullous
Olivia
Feb 02, 2013
LowoodLover
Feb 13, 2013
Striving to create clean,but interesting stories for Young Adults and the young at heart, California native , Astrid Yrigollen was born in the Bay area.She began writing in elementary school. During high school, she transferred her love of writing to story boarding video games that she created on her Mac Classic.

Programming,creating graphics and audio files, she was a one girl video ga