Start by marking “Unexpectedly You” as Want to Read:
Unexpectedly You

Unexpectedly You

Emma LeFleur’s vintage beach home is close to foreclosure. With a business struggling to take off, she has no choice but to turn to her neighbor, sexy and arrogant real estate investor Mitch McKenna—the man whose reputation she’s spent the past six months pulverizing.

Mitch offers her a deal that will save them both: if she’ll convince her neighbors that she’s 100% behind h
Published August 26th 2013 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Unexpectedly You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unexpectedly You

Start your review of Unexpectedly You
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Review copy provided for an honest review

4 STARS

This is one of those books that I wasn’t sure what to expect when I read it. I just felt after reading the synopsis that there was more to the story and boy was I right. This is a complex read with a blinding sexual attraction between an older woman and younger man. They both have some hurts in their past that lead them both to over think every move, they are both quick to judge, and they both s
Char (1RadReader59)
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Unexpectedly You was an unexpected surprise. I did not know what to expect from it. When I first got it I thought this sounds good but then when I got a lot of other books in my library to review I was oh maybe not as much as this one. But then I felt guilty, so here I am reading this unexpected surprise and I have to say to the author, I am sorry you did a very nice job.
Emma LeFleur, 35 years, is a widow who died over a year ago and she can’t seem to get out of her rut. She has a daughter Sam
Wanda
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Emma is a widow with a teenage daughter; she is close to losing her beach home, and her crushing her daughter’s dreams of university. Emma feels she is left with no choice but to seek out the help of the one man she has been trying to destroy. Mitch is her only hope now of saving her home, but he is losing all of his patience’s with Emma, so why would he even consider helping her now...

I love the storyline; it was easy to follow and had a great flow. The story developed at a perfect pace! The ch
Becca ~BS BOOK REVIEWERS~
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Unexpectedly You by Lily Santana
I really didn’t know what to think about this blurb, but I decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did. Ever heard this phrase I love to hate you? Well this is the best way I can describe this book. These two characters hate each other and unexpectedly fall for each other.
I liked this book. The female, Emma, is like a cougar and is a few years older than the male lead, Mitch. Emma is also a widow with a teenage daughter who has never really dated.
The banter the
Sadie
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book was choppy, uneven, and missed huge issues. The turn around was absurd. Also, the way the bad guy's behavior at the end, Um... really?

I'm confused by all 6 of the other reviews being so good. Personally, I wish I'd DNF this book but kept hoping for it to get better.
Stella
Awww this book..what a pleasant surprise!
Tara Wyatt
This was good, not great. I liked the premise a bit more than the actual execution, but it was a good read.
Gina
Oct 03, 2013
Princess Bookie
Nov 27, 2013
Lily
Mar 14, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Lily Santana stewed for 25 years in NYC's melting pot to which she credits her respectable ability to curse in multiple foreign languages.
As a tween she stumbled fortuitously upon her mother's stash of romance books. Ever since, her love affair with sexy and funny alpha heroes consumes her thoughts.
Lily lives in Oregon with her two adorable, but mischievous puppies. When not writing, Lily is proba