Start by marking “The LSAT Trainer: A Remarkable Self-Study Guide for the Self-Driven Student” as Want to Read:
The LSAT Trainer: A Remarkable Self-Study Guide for the Self-Driven Student

Read Excerpt

The LSAT Trainer: A Remarkable Self-Study Guide for the Self-Driven Student

Introducing a remarkable new self-study guide for the law school admission test... The LSAT Trainer. Your LSAT score is the most important part of the law school admissions process. It is far more important than your essays, your recommendations, your GPA, where you went to college, or where you come from. A top LSAT score can open doors for you that would be virtually imp ...more
Published July 4th 2013 by Artisanal Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The LSAT Trainer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The LSAT Trainer

Start your review of The LSAT Trainer: A Remarkable Self-Study Guide for the Self-Driven Student
Baelor
May 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, lsat
Great book. Full disclaimer: my review may be premature, given that I have not yet taken the LSAT. But performance on my practice tests has improved noticeably, and my approach to the test has changed as a result of this book.

Mike's approach is best described as naturalistic for each section. While he outlines question types and discusses specific strategies in detail, there are overarching general strategies that are particularly emphasized. The goal is to be comfortable enough with general app
Chloe
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
boosted my score over 10 points... seriously cannot recommend this book enough
Jeff
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
During my LSAT prep I used this book and some of the Powerscore books as well. I liked the different perspective this book offered compared to Powerscore, especially for the games. I also liked the format of this book compared to Powerscore. There were lots of call-out sections highlighting the detailed information and making it easy to review.

The last thing I liked about this book was the approach it took in terms of ordering and layering skills. Not 100% perfect (no single LSAT material will
Lauren
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am convinced that this book helped me jump +6 points to get a 170+ score on my LSAT! The book itself is just aesthetically lovely, brimming over with motivational messages and genuinely helpful advice. I found myself repeating many of the mantras, which usually don't work for me - but these ones really did. For example, for the RC section, I always pictured Mike Kim's advice: WHY is the author writing this? Thanks, Mike Kim! You are a LSAT rock star! I can't recommend this book enough, if you ...more
Mills College Library
378.167 K493 2013
Dag Mara
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely invaluable during LSAT prep. The author uses relatable analogies to make the concepts tested in this exam approachable and intuitive. Cannot recommend a better book to study!
David
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
So this is a review after reading and studying the first 8 chapters, which are all about how to identify flaws in an argument. I had absolutely no problem identifying the flaws in the flaw drills that he provided. I can see exactly why the arguments are flawed. However, when I got to the logical reasoning LSAT practice questions he provided, I bombed them. Now, I strongly believe that common logical sense (and not studying or even knowing logical terminology) is key to success here, but although ...more
Zachary Stewart
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The LSAT Trainer does just what it claims to do: through hard work and dedication, this book can train anyone in improving their skills for the Law School Admission Test. Kim is brutally honest in educating potential JD Candidates on what they need to know versus what they don't.

If you are a self-motivated, process-oriented student, then this book is for you. If you have difficulty disciplining yourself to a regular study schedule, then I recommend taking a class.

Though I am still awaiting my sc
Brayden
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal resource! I'm mainly adding this book because I want to try to reach my reading challenge goal. I did read this book though, and it has been very helpful in preparation for the LSAT, along with the study schedule and practice sections (not included with the book).
Mike Kim writes in a really readable way.
Russell
May 07, 2021 rated it liked it
On one hand, this book definitely made me better at the test. On the other, I do not enjoy studying for the test. Collectively, these facts make assigning a rating to this behemoth quite difficult. So three stars it is.
Jenna
Jan 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Incredible resource for anyone studying for the LSAT. The most affordable option yet a super complete book to tackle the LSAT.
Stephanie Burke
Mar 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Fingers crossed this text helps me do well!
Yiwen Ji
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The most excellent book for LSAT prep!
Brian Fang
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent.
Kelly Thompson
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
This was an excellent study aid for the LSAT; I thought it was much better than the Kaplan book (which I also had/used). It goes through types of questions and dissects them from a theoretical/logic standpoint . . . it's almost like a refresher course in symbolic logic and rhetoric. The writing is clear and persuasive, but also encouraging throughout (i.e.: "don't give up if you got the wrong answer this time, here's another way to think about this question," etc.). I would highly recommend this ...more
Tanner
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: school, law
Really helpful. Very clear breakdowns of logical reasoning, a cheery outlook with lame but encouraging jokes, and a fantastic overview of diagramming strategies and tons of drills. I worked through it at crash course speed to improve my logical reasoning and games and bumped my score up by 4 points. I bet it would be even better if you used it as intended as your first guide to the test and worked through it over several months.
Derek Kunhee Kim
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mike Kim demonstrates he knows how to effectively approach the LSAT, but more than that, he also shows he knows the pitfalls students will likely face on the road to a higher score. Hands-down, the best LSAT-prep on the market today.
Christine
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Loophole in LSAT Logical Reasoning
  • Life After Death
  • People Like Her
  • 10 Actual, Official LSAT Preptests Volume VI: (preptests 72-81)
  • The Crying of Lot 49
  • The Lost Apothecary
  • Kaplan MCAT Complete 7-Book Subject Review: Created for MCAT 2015
  • Hal Koerner's Field Guide to Ultrarunning: Training for an Ultramarathon from 50K to 100 Miles and Beyond
  • Relentless Forward Progress: A Guide to Running Ultramarathons