Start by marking “A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil, #2)” as Want to Read:
A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil, #2)

A World Without Princes

(The School for Good and Evil #2)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  19,525 ratings  ·  2,104 reviews
After saving themselves and their fellow students from a life pitched against one another, Sophie and Agatha are back home again, living happily ever after. But life isn't exactly a fairytale. When Agatha secretly wishes she'd chosen a different happy ending with Prince Tedros, the gates to the School for Good and Evil open once again. But Good and Evil are no longer enemi ...more
Published April 15th 2014 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about A World Without Princes, please sign up.

·  19,525 ratings  ·  2,104 reviews

Regan
Dec 18, 2016 rated it liked it
2.75

Torn on this, I feel like it presented a lot of very interesting things about gender but did not follow through -- which can make it problematic. But I also feel like it might be resolved in the next book? So rating is low for now until I continue on.
Lola
Jan 25, 2015 rated it did not like it
I'm DNFing it: There is only so much silliness, secrets, doubts and confusion I can take.
Faye, la Patata
Final Rating: 4.5 stars (rounded to 5 on GR)

Disclaimer: There may be minor spoilers of book 1 in this review. Consider yourselves warned if you haven't read the first book.

No, they don't need princes in their fairy tales at all.

When I first read The School for Good and Evil sometime last year, I appreciated so much how it portrayed very dark themes in a seemingly light, humorous, and fluffy tone. I en
Natalie Monroe
Minor spoilers for book one

If you know me, you'll know that I very rarely give books five stars. Even if I really love it, I normally mark it as a 4.5 and call it a day. Which is why it came as such a surprise that I slapped a 5-star on A World Without Princes right off the bat. I went in with sky-high expectations, considering how much I loved The School for Good and Evil, and it broke every single one of them.

A World Without Princes picks up a couple months after the events of the first book.
Jun 19, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well, this series went off the deep end really fast.

For those who don’t know, the first book in this series, THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL, was about two girls who are not quite what they seem surviving in a duo of fairy tale schools which had simplistic ideas the nature of good and evil and simplistic ideas about gender roles. I would have ventured to call the first book progressive … Agatha and Sophie learn that they don’t need a fairy tale prince to be happy and that relationships with other
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
ATTENTION: spoilers for book one!

“Nothing in this world was ever certain. Princes could become as frightening as ogres.
Princesses could become villains.
Best friends could become enemies.”

Story ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
„And Sophie and Agatha lived happily ever after, for girls don't need princes for love to call...
No, they don't need princes in their fairy tales at all”

Finally Agatha and Sophie have a happy end together. They’re back in their home town living their old life.
They don’t need princes to have
emma
update: what I thought was happening was happening.

review to come

-------------

me @ the overall message of this book:

Aras Redan
I NEED THIS BOOK NOW, LIKE IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY, AND I REALLY NEED AGATHA AND TEDROS TO BE TOGETHER AND I LOVE THIS SERIES BECAUSE IT MAKES ME LAUGH BUT CRY, LIKE I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL APRIL NEXT YEAR.
Shannon
OMG I JUST READ THE TOP COMMUNITY REVIEWS AND I HAVE TO SAY THAT YELLING ABOUT THIS BOOK IS THE BEST WAY TO PORTRAY YOUR FEELINGS REALLY WE SHOULD ALL YELL ALL THE TIME AND WHO NEEDS PUNCTUATION MARKS AMIRITE EXCEPT FOR EXCLAMATION POINTS BECAUSE YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY OF THOSE AMIRITE!!!1!!
manda
Whyyyyyy??

What happened to youuuuu??

Book. Book, I had such high hopes for you. You ended so magnificently before ... you gave me hope that there was a book out there, where girls can be friends! Where girls can put other girls before boys! Where love isn't always about the type that makes your body parts tingle and swell, but also about fighting for each other and making sacrifices for friends.

You gave me hope that somewhere out there was a book, geared for younger readers, where black isn't alw
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms (Book.Enchantress)
4.5 Golden Stars

World building: ★★★★★/5
same as first one but also different from it. Awesome!
Characters: ★★★★★/5
great characters!
& how the characters changed & made decisions & reacted is what i call character development!!!
Plot: ★★★★★/5
I couldn't put this book down!
what an Ending!
Written Style: ★★★★★/5
Idea: ★★★★/5
as I said, same as first one but also different from it. XD
Inge
Not as gripping as the first book, but a fun and easy read nonetheless.
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
*sighs deeply* This one’s gonna be a rant, guys. It makes me sad, because this series had so much promise and the audiobooks are wonderful. The School for Good and Evil had some worrisome themes, but I was hoping they would be cleared up in A World Without Princes. Actually, though, the messages of the series have only gotten more upsetting with time. Though I did still really enjoy listening to the book, and Lee’s narration is totally on point, I can no longer ignore the rage-inducing aspects.

R
Zanib  Sajjad
That beautiful cover...

photo so-beautiful_zps52d86de4.gif

And that prince is even more beautifuller (is this even a word?).

photo sadtrick_gif_pagespeed_ce_kHxGZFZaQC_zps36e02208.gif

The ending of the last book was more or less a cliff-hanger. And, well, (view spoiler)

Kimberley doruyter
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
danm it now i have to get the third one too
Grimm
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: august-tbr
ER.MAH.GERD. Thee cutest fairytale I have read in a long time!

Synopsis:
Good Reads Description

This year, best friends Sophie and Agatha are about to discover where all the lost children go: the fabled School for Good & Evil, where ordinary boys and girls are trained to be fairy tale heroes and villains. As the most beautiful girl in Gavaldon, Sophie has dreamed of being kidnapped into an enchanted world her whole life. With her pink dresses, glass slippers, and devotion to good deeds, she k
Kells Next Read
 photo AWWP_zpsxsitr77c.jpg
You know and I know, that we aren't in the least bit surprised by my ratings of this one. Saying I loved it is understating the feeling and emotions that I felt while reading this one.
Every character, esp. Sophie I adore and just could not get enough of. I want more and I'm so glad that I have the third book to jump right into.
Me after finishing this one:
 photo fangirling_zpslnl1uyq2.gif
Julie Zantopoulos
I'm really enjoying this series but the first half of the book always goes slower than the second half. Clearly, I'm fine with it since I'm onto the third already.
Saarah
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I never had the time to write a review, so I'm just gonna say it was a great and amazing book. so unique and different as well, and there were crazy twists which I had never expected. totally loved this.
Esthela Gómez
THIS BOOK WAS SO GOOOOOD! so many plot twists!

description

oh, and THAT END

description
ZOEY
Okay.
Agatha has gotten fairly stupider after book 1.
(yes Aggie, we know you like trusting people and not jumping to conclusions- but maybe, sometimes you should....)

Tedros again has been really unnecessary.
(not that I'm complaining)
Yes we get it. All the women in your life are backstabbing witches. Accept it and get over it.

Now.
Sophie.
The character that instilled in me a plethora of feelings.
poor,misunderstood,irritating,loyal,shallow,confused etc. (you get it) Sophie.
No one truly loves her and
Tabitha
A dream is a wish your heart makes
At the onset of A World Without Princes we find that Sophie and Agatha have been returned to their home village of Gavaldon and life has been far from what they expected. Initially they are welcomed back and heralded as heroic curse breakers of the missing children. Staues of them are erected in the town square and they have adoring fans. They are even about to put on a musical re-enactment of their time spent at school, to be written, directed and starring none
Robin (Bridge Four)
***Spoilers for The School for Good and Evil Book#1***

Once upon a time a Princess and a Witch became friends….best friends and choose each other over everyone else including the handsome Prince.

But what happens in fairytale land when girls decide they don’t need Princes to have Happy Ever After’s? Book 1 in the School for Good and Evil focus
Susana
3.5 Stars

Still good, but not as great as the first story. Reason for it?
Unlike what happened with the first book which I felt was more complex _ and more YA_ this one felt a little toned down...maybe the reason has to do with Agatha's character that in the first book was so amazing, but in this one, the girl felt definitely dumber.

It felt as if the author was trying to say, if you're good, you're going to lose a lot of your brain cells.

Sophie on the other hand, is more amazing than ever. She'
Caroline
Oct 25, 2016 rated it liked it
MEH this was not as good as book one which was disappointing. I found the plot and the characters very frustrating a lot of the time. Sophie drives me crazy and I'm not entirely able to put my finger on why. Tedros felt like a bit of an unnecessary character tbh. I didn't like that so much of the plot was based on miscommunication like:
Agatha thinks this is what happened but Sophie knows that's not true. Sophie isn't going to say anything so Agatha is going to try to talk to Tedros but Tedros is
Maddie
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I hope this book is THE EN and not THE END
Bipasha
Nov 28, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: addedcoverlust
Its true. Sequels suck. Disappoint. Whatever.
And the ARC didn't have pictures. T_T
And butterflies- lol.
AND NEW GUY IS SEXY.
And belly dancing~!
Review in a line- Fantastical school segregated by sex;kids getting unwanted sex-chages. UGH.
So, boys vs. girls, and then some.

PRE-READ
(view spoiler)
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
I LOVED The School for Good and Evil and kept thinking what happened to Sophie and Agatha. The story follows exactly where we stopped after both girls return home. But when Agatha makes a wish, things change and the wheels of a new fairytale unfolds.

Sophie hasn't changed much, still jealous, possessive, witchy, yet everyone thinks she was the princess in training and Agatha was the witch even her own mother! No one expects that Aggie has a beautiful princess and a heart of gold inside of her. Ca
Cat  (cat-thecatlady)
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I thought this was a step up from the first book and I'm so glad I picked it up, even after not being totally convinced by that first title.

I love how the author explores the ambiguity of a certain "black and white" concepts, like good vs evil and girls vs boys. this is a children's book but it definitely tries to push you and make you think, which I can't appreciate more.

a lot of people call this book both misandristic and misogynist but I can't say I agree at all. quite the contrary. this book
Molly
Rating, 3.5

This one was a slow read. This book was inferior to the first one. It was still good, but something was sorely missing. The thing is, Agatha was not herself. I loved both girls in book one (Yeah, I love a good villainess), but now Agatha has lost that something that made her stand out in the first installment.
Next book year 2015, month unknown. I hope it restores the sparkling fun that was The School for Good and Evil.
YA Buddy Readers'...: A World Without Princes by Soman Chainani - Restarting November 20th 2018 45 102 Oct 18, 2018 03:52AM
Anythiny and everything about this book! 6 31 Apr 28, 2017 09:23AM
Did you like this book? 5 31 Apr 16, 2017 11:27AM
Around the Year i...: A World Without Princes, by Soman Chainani 1 16 Dec 31, 2015 08:47AM
the title literately means what it says 1 28 May 22, 2015 03:14PM
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Hero's Guide to Being an Outlaw (The League of Princes, #3)
  • Other Worlds
  • Of Sorcery and Snow (The Ever Afters #3)
  • Red Hood's Revenge (Princess, #3)
  • The Whatnot (The Peculiar, #2)
  • Color Bleach+: The Bleach Official Bootleg
  • Darkest Light (Half World, #2)
  • Nepřítel mého nepřítele (Bavettovi, #2)
  • Thorne (The Chronicles of Kaya, #2)
  • Dark Tempest (Red Winter Trilogy, #2)
  • Blight (Chaos #5)
  • The Whispering Trees (The Thickety #2)
  • Unbound (The Griever's Mark #3)
  • Neverwas  (Amber House, #2)
  • The Castle Behind Thorns
  • Sirens (Rhonda Parrish's Magical Menageries)
  • The Unfairest of Them All (Ever After High, #2)
Soman Chainani's first novel, THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL, debuted on the New York Times Bestseller List, has been translated into 26 languages across six continents, and will soon be a major motion picture from Universal Studios.

The sequels, A WORLD WITHOUT PRINCES and THE LAST EVER AFTER, debuted on the New York Times Bestseller List as well. Together, the books of the series have been on the

The School for Good and Evil (5 books)
  • The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)
  • The Last Ever After (The School for Good and Evil, #3)
  • Quests for Glory (The School for Good and Evil: The Camelot Years, #1)
  • A Crystal of Time (The School for Good and Evil: The Camelot Years, #2)
“It's the problem with fairy tales. From far away, they seem so perfect. But up close, they're just as complicated as real life.” 74 likes
“And Sophie and Agatha lived happily ever after, for girls don't need princes for love to call... No, they don't need princes in their fairy tales at all” 59 likes