Start by marking “East” as Want to Read:
East

East

Small town. Small, small town. There are ways out of even the smallest town, if you can find the hand to guide you out.

Original link: http://s2b2.livejournal.com/176784.html
Words: 12,720 Complete
Published June 18th 2011 by Livejournal/AO3

To ask other readers questions about East, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about East

Start your review of East
Julio Genao
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shorts
with a little help from my friends.

there's no rescue like the one you don't even know you deserve.

no hero like the one who can punch a clean hole through a wall, and kick things that need kicking, and show you the world on the other side of the mountain between you and the life you've never known.

thank god for heroes.

and thank god for the stories they live in, too.

recommended.
Kat
East..where shall I begin? ..28 tiny pages of dirty..dirty..dirtiness, hilariousness, a sweetness even I am not immune to, and worse, a tang of sadness that made my eyes tear up. Urgh, when did that last happen? I know, when all the Jake and Adrien feels in Death of a Pirate King hit me like a sledgehammer. And I honestly have tried to toughen up since, if only because my ereader has never completely recovered from its bath.

But apparently to no avail.

Anyway! How is it even possible to get so
Sheziss
I'm Domashitated.

Because... this author ROCKS!

She makes me giddy like a little girl.

Here the McDonald's offers Big Mac, McWrap, McRoyal, McPollo, McExtreme... so when the new breakfast was coming out everybody was thinking... McDalena! No! They called it McMuffin. So disappointing they cheat you like that.

That's what happens in YA sometimes, you expect a teen relationship but sometimes they feel like adults with childish behaviors. But also in a story about proper teens I feel cheated because
Bev
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lovers of short sexy novellas!!

Very well written, this has everything you need in a novella. 4.5 stars and

Liev and Chris have been friends since kindergarten, and handily seem to live next door to each other. We don't get to find out that much about Liev, but Chris has been told by his parents (well, the moron that sired him) that he must make an effort to go out with girls otherwise he'll be thought of as a faggot...and we can't have that can we, so he tries bless him, and the girl he dates at Homecoming Bonnie Kirkpatrick
☆ Todd
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mine

Yay, they escaped bigoted, redneck, homophobic, small town Colorado and are headed to Boston! : )

This short story was a bit of an enigma. On the surface, this story about 2 high school best friends giving each other shit in typical teen fashion and getting one another off here, there and everywhere seemed as if it was only going to be a bit of fluffy erotica.

Then, as the story progressed, you began to see that, despite teasing words and a lot of trash talk, there were actual feelings being
Mona
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
A story about two best friends, discovering a bond...deeper than friendship. Living in a small town and looking for an escape...together.

"Come with me. Chris. You don't have to stay here."
"Yes," Chris said, and kissed Liev until he ran out of breath...

description
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

”It was amazing what an invisible line could do.”

This story… *sigh* I love this story.

East by Domashita Romero bares so many emotions on the page. So many emotions hidden under the joking and swearing. Fear, doubt, friendship, lust, longing, and so much more live in this short, powerful read. My heart laughed, flipped, and LOVED it all.

Chris and Liev are best friends in a small, small Colorado town. One of those towns you feel locked into for life. Always standing beside and up for each other
LenaRibka
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult

It was almost a perfect YA book for me because it is HOW I prefer them to be.

Almost because it had maybe 10 "FUCK"-words more than I could well cope, BUT in spite of everything I liked it a lot, it was goooood, it was touching, it was sweet and funny and smart and the endig..it was the cherry on top! THAT was great.

My first book of Domashita Romero, but for sure not the last one!
Meep
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite, s2b2
By now my opinion of any Domashita fic appears a foregone conclusion - not a common phenomena because my must-get-soonest authors are very select in number.

At first I wasn't sure what I was getting with the immediate trash talking, but it works. Then boy does it work! Very hot.

..Liev was his best friend in the world, but that did not change the fact that he was a complete asshole sometimes..

And that's the relationship; no flowery romance or emo navel gazing. Trash talk, all; 'that's what she
Ami
I am going to go against the stream of all those high ratings here ... yep, 2-stars from me. It wasn't about the story, for me it was the language.

While I loved "the core" of this story, two best friends in a small town who just found love in one another, and they were getting out of that town, other people's be damned ... but I really, REALLY disliked the crude talks. Nearly hated it, in fact. I don't like it in real life and I don't like it in my fiction (books, movies, etc) especially ROMANCE
Macky
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this, two snarky, dirty talking, horny teens ...besties with benefits so to speak and oh boy do these two enjoy each others company. A lot! But this isn't just a smutty tale about curious lads experimenting its a really sweet love story, with a poignant twist that once again kept me glued till the very end. Second story I've loved and rated 5 stars by the talented Domashita aka whitachi and just more incentive to go out and hunt down all her free stories, because she's pretty damn ...more
Ele
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-na
Sexy, funny, meaningful, short and free! What's not to like?
KatieMc
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: free-online-fic
O O
\_____/ <---- thats me with a dumb grin on my face right now. This was just so funny and touching and real. While this short story is hot and dirty and sweet, DomashitaRomero knocks it out of the park for her spot on portrayal of young people exploring and gently pushing boundaries and learning about sex. When Chris challenges Liev to agame of "show me yours and I'll show you mine" it could have gone horribly wrong. Instead, Chris was left with a heady mix of excitement and disbelief
wesley

This just hit close to home. I was holding my breath the entire time wondering if they'd get caught or something goes wrong. But it's a fast-paced story filled with love, friendship, and drama. I liked the first-time sexual experiences shared in the story as well which were very real and intimate.

Trisha Harrington
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Trisha by: Trix
This is my type of story and I can't recommend it enough. It's a freebie that should be read.
Elizabetta

Dang, almost like being there right next to Liev and Chris as they go through their mutant teen-age horny stage.

This is real-thing coming-of-age stuff. The smack talk, the double-dawg-dare attitudes, the discovery, the fear. There are some heavy bits with Chris’ homophobic father but in general…

it’s all about the cock
and the heady electricity of the first-time and the beginning.

Liev is the instigator, the leader, knows just how to get what he wants and he’s got Chris’ number— throws
Therese
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*4.5*
So short, but so good, I loved it! Especially part 2 opened up a lot of cans of emotions, and got quite deep.
It was also extremely hot:-P. Need more.
Amy
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
A short, sweet read about Chris and Liev, horny teenage boys exploring their sexuality and finding love with one another. Very well written, I loved it!!
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog
~ ~ ~

So much relationship development in a few short words. There's humor and heartache and youth and love and hope. The best bit is how it all feels so very real. So real, in fact, I bet similar stories are going on all over the place right now.

I think you'll love being inside Chris' head. His self-doubt and questioning are just so...normal. He's so easy to identify with. And Liev is just perfect.

The only thing I wished was clearer in this book was a flashback scene where I wasn't quite sure
Anna
Oh wow. Definitely my favourite story by this author so far. It was absolutely amazing.

This is such a short story but these few pages got me so attached to Liev and Chris. You can't not fall for them, you can't not want them to be happy and for them to get out of that shitty town.

Above the love they have for each other, I loved their friendship. They are best friends first and foremost and it just happens that they also love each other so much and they're just meant to be (yes yes I'm a sap,
Sandra
4.5 stars Swoon. Where has Domashita Romero been all my life?!? Amazing, the only reason this isn't 5 stars is because I'm trying to blackmail Domashita to do a follow-up story about Chris and Liev! So funny (as always) and sweet (of course) and dirty (yes, please) and just. fucking. nice. Gives me the warm feels in my belly. Not too perfect or easy, but also no forced drama (view spoiler) ...more
Steelwhisper
Not going to rate this, as it's well-written, and I went into reading it with a lifted eyebrow--knowing it's about a tricky subject.

Yet even though well-written (though I dislike the vulgarity), it's quite simply not at all my thing. Similar issues of maturity dissonance as the ones I had with How to Repair a Mechanical Heart.
Trix
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Trix by: Emma Sea
What an adorable little story! Packed quite a punch in such few lines.

Chris was very adorable with his insecurities and doubts. And I liked how the relationship was portrayed between Liev and Chris. They talked dirty to each other, and had amazing sex and still managed to show emotion, like the time the kissed for the first time, or Liev locked the door because Chris was worried. Or how Liev tried to defend him in front of Chris' dad. How Liev went out of his way to get Chris to a college and
Anne
I started liking this story after their first kiss, when Liev proved to be loyal, protective and even romantic. Before that, I just wanted to kick him between the legs, because (view spoiler).

This story in a word:

Ann
A perfectly painful and beautiful story about growing up, discovering and escaping. I loved every word.
Rohit
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
A bright YA lustful story.
One of the most obscene starters for a first kiss, on paper at least. The good Obscene.
A bit fantastical because cis guys being too cute and accepting in private (even drunk) is not exactly viable. That too in a small town in west. But a very gentle hand by the end. Every bit as erotic as exacting on the MCs. Loved the whole time I spent with them.

(And how I love the cover. The boys in the drawing are as reckless and don't-give-a-fuck as the ones in the book.)
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, d-rom
This one snuck up on me. For the first half, it's a story about that awkward, unavoidable, scary, hot and fun world of first sexual experiences. And when it's with a friend, someone who's always had your back? Even better. And when you have that first one that makes the planets align and your body respond to such a phenomenon? The best.

Then, wow, emotional gut punch. Things take on much more meaning than anticipated. Love that.

I realized at the end that I was cheering for these two to make it.
Anyta Sunday
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A breezy read that really held my attention. Nice use of language and action, and wonderful underlying tension. Will they get caught, will they make it out? I loved the way the word 'bitch' was played with so that it ended up feeling like an endearment. It reflected nicely the changes in these boys' relationship. Kudos.
Sofia
Dec 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-5-stars
Lovely flowing writing from Ms Romero as always. Makes you dive in and spend a little time with Chris and Liev. Skims with a light touch over their budding relationship, first experiences, anxieties, hopes, fears and love.

Liked this hot little number a lot.

Camille
Shelves: m-m-rom-erotica, free
Oh!

« previous 1 3 next »

• Sock it to Me, Santa!
  • Swept Away (Flash Rip #1.5)
  • Earth Fathers Are Weird
  • Once Upon a Time (Calluvia's Royalty, #3)
  • Flash Rip
  • That Alien Feeling (Calluvia's Royalty, #1)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1)
  • Milo (Finding Home, #2)
  • Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • Jon's Crazy Head-Boppin' Mystery (Jon's Mysteries, #2)
  • Secrets & Lies
  • Tonight
  • The Rules and Regulations for Mediating Myths & Magic (The Rules, #1)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • Just a Bit Gay (Straight Guys #9)
  • Top Secret
  • Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum (Jon's Mysteries, #3)
Domashita Romero is a writer living in Brooklyn, New York. She is co-editor and frequent contributor to Shousetsu Bang*Bang. She enjoys writing about people smooching, reading books about corpses, and inventing cocktails. She can and will, if prompted, talk for a very long time about Tom Waits. She also co-hosts the podcast I Haven't Seen That.